Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Boxing Thread: Joshua vs. Miller In Doubt After Failed Drug Test

Ricky Hatton will always be the finest boxer to ever grace this planet. I've never seen a man fight that well whilst 12 pints of Guinness and 4 steak and kidney pies in.

• Like 2

GGG camp hesitant to accept Canelo rematch in Las Vegas after scoring debacle

xGGG-Genady-Golovkin.png.pagespeed.ic.5s

A thrilling fight that ended in controversy.

While this controversial outcome was certainly disappointing, it also opened the door for a lucrative rematch between the two star pugilists. According to GGG promoter Tom Loeffler, however, there’s some doubt that this yet unscheduled rematch will actually occur in Las Vegas. 

Reluctance from GGG’s camp with respect to another fight under the jurisdiction of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, of course, is understandable.

“[A GGG win] really wasn’t a question in our mind,”
Loeffler said of the outcome of the fight on a recent episode MMAjunkie Radio.
“It was a great event, it lived up to all the hype – the action in the ring lived up to the billing. It’s just unfortunate that people are talking about the scoring instead of the fight itself.”

As for the location of the rematch, the GGG promoter assures some talks need to be had before any decisions are made.

“We’ll sit down with [NSAC executive director] Bob [bennett] and there are some things we’d want to address if the fight goes back to Vegas – we won’t rule out Vegas, but I know there was some hesitation from the ‘GGG’ side. He’s never had that issue when he’s fought in California or New York or even in London. We just want to make sure it’s a fair playing field for both sides.”

Billy Joe Saunders to fight on Dec.9 in London

2F84A4B700000578-3367372-image-a-48_1450

Billy Joe Saunders (25-0, 12 KOs) will be back inside the ring in just 2 months from now on December 9 defending his WBO middleweight strap against an opponent still to be determined, according to his promoter Frank Warren. Saunders, 28, will be fighting at the Copper Box Arena in London, England.

The question is will the World Boxing Organization require that Saunders face someone good like #4 WBO Jermall Charlo for his December 9 fight or will he be able to take an easier fight against another fringe contender of his choice. You can argue that Monroe Jr. was little more than a glorified fringe contender even though the WBO has him rated No.2.

Saunders will likely avoid the likes of #1 WBO David Lemieux, #2 WBO Rob Brant, #4 WBO Jermall Charlo and #5 WBO Daniel Jacobs. He is lucky that all of them are currently tied up.

#11 WBO Tommy Langford seems like a good opponent. He's another British fighter who's recognizable, getting him on the card will be no problem, not good enough to beat Sanders and not strong enough to finish him.

Saunders needs to keep winning long enough to get a fight against the winner of the Gennady “GGG” Golovkin vs. Saul Canelo Alvarez rematch. Both guys will likely swoop in to try and fight Saunders once they’re done facing each other.

Edited by Jolldan

David Haye compares Tony Bellew's win to robbing a bank

3078.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

David Haye has compared Tony Bellew's win over him in March to "robbing a bank" and predicted a revenge victory in December.

The heavyweight pair have agreed a rematch after Bellew won their original fight with an 11th-round stoppage.

Haye, 36, said Bellew's triumph was akin to him securing his family by stealing a fortune.

But Bellew said: "I didn't rob a bank - I got in the boxing ring and punched him senseless then I went home."

He added: "On 17 December I will turn up and I will win again."

Former WBA heavyweight champion Haye needed surgery following the defeat by the 34-year-old, and has since split with trainer Shane McGuigan to join Cuban coach Ismael Salas.

The Londoner questioned Bellew's motivation for their rematch after he reportedly earned £2.8m from their first encounter.

"People rob banks to secure their family," Haye said.

"Would you go back to rob that same bank again? Is your hatred so bad for the clerk behind the desk that you need to do it again?

"I know what Tony earned for the first fight and he is financially secure for the rest of his life. He's a multi-millionaire and that's fantastic.

"He's got into a very small club of British boxers who have enough money that don't have to box, don't have to have a job. So I ask myself 'what are his motivations going into the second fight?'."

Addressing Haye during their news conference on Wednesday, Bellew said: "I have more desire than you will ever know. I will never quit. I will never give in. You will have to put me asleep to beat me.

"What motivates me? To get home safely. But believe it or not I enjoy fighting. I've got a screw loose. I like having a fight.

"I don't enjoy the build-up and I don't enjoy losing loads of weight. But fight night? I love it.

"I know in my heart deep down he still doesn't rate me. He still thinks he'll blast me and walk through me.

"If anything, this fight is not going to go as long as it did last time. David Haye's career ends on 17 December."

Some crackers there, good to see the Hearns top the list he's one of my favourite legends.

part 2 was good as well. Tua vs Ruiz is one of my favourite ko's of all time and made the list, lol

Not sure how legit this story is but will keep and eye to see if anything develops but my god this would be good.

Vitali Klitschko reckons Anthony Joshua was "lucky." And he wants revenge for the family...

Boxing-at-Wembley-Stadium.jpg

“Wladimir lost the fight against Corrie Sanders, I knock out Corrie Sanders next fight, because I defend my brother.

“A fight against Joshua is my best wish. I have a feeling I can do it better, I have to fight Joshua and bring back the belt to the family.

“I have a feeling, if I go back in the ring, I will knock him out.”

Legend Miguel Cotto To Retire From Boxing After Sadam Ali World Title Fight

MC-Day-1-3.jpg

Six-time world champion Miguel Cotto will bring the curtain down on his boxing career with a world light-middleweight title fight against Sadam Ali on December 2.

The 36-year-old Puerto Rican, who has held titles at four different weights, a feat accomplished by just 21 other men in boxing history. He will defend his WBO belt for the final time at New York's Madison Square Garden.

Cotto has 41 wins from 46 fights, with three of his five defeats coming to some the greatest boxers of this generation. Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao and Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez.

The former light-welterweight and welterweight world champion will be defending the WBO light-middleweight title he won against Japan's Yoshihiro Kamegai in August in his last professional bout.

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1

Kubart Pulev Ruled Out Of Heavyweight Title Fight With Anthony Joshua

Kubart Pulev has had to pull out of his upcoming fight with Anthony Joshua due to a shoulder injury he picked up in sparring.

Pulev will be replaced by 35(27KO)-3-1 Carlos Takam

The Cameroonian-French 36-year-old had been on standby for the fight, promoter Eddie Hearn said.

"I received a call from [promoter] Kalle Sauerland late afternoon to inform me that Pulev had injured his shoulder and may be ruled out of the fight - this was later confirmed by his doctor," he added.

"IBF rules state that the mandatory will go to the next fighter in line, which is Carlos Takam.

_98342786_takam_getty.jpg

"When the Pulev fight was announced I made a deal with Takam's team to begin camp and be on standby for this fight. When I called them this evening they were overjoyed and good to go."

He added that the change of opponent put Joshua in a "difficult position".

"Having prepared meticulously for the style and height of Pulev, he now faces a completely different style and challenge in Takam," Hearn said.

"This hasn't happened in his career before but he is ready for all comers on 28 October."

Dillian Whyte says victory over Robert Helenius should guarantee Deontay Wilder fight

Dillian-Whyte-805149.jpg

Dillian Whyte believes he will not be denied a world title fight with Deontay Wilder if he defeats Robert Helenius on the Anthony Joshua-Carlos Takam bill.

'The Body Snatcher' will battle Helenius for the WBC Silver heavyweight belt on the same night as bitter rival Joshua's world title defence against Takam at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff on October 28.

Promoter Eddie Hearn says victory over Helenius will put Whyte in 'prime position' for a shot at WBC champion Deontay Wilder and the Brixton man recognises the importance of his next fight.

"I'm ready to rock," Whyte exclusively told Sky Sports. "It's a good fight. No-one can deny me a world title fight if I win this fight. No-one can say I'm not ready or I haven't fought anyone.

"No-one can ever say that. I'm ranked highly across the board and I'm fighting a legitimate contender.

"I just want to entertain and give the fans good fights, because the fans are behind me constantly, supporting me, so I walk out there and do my thing," said Whyte.

"I don't walk out there to have wars, but if it comes down to it, I'll have it.

"I hope he does stand and trade, because if he does I might trade with him, or use my boxing skills."

"Wilder might decide to fight Audley Harrison again after this one, instead of me," he joked.

Damn Jermell Charlo leveled that boy.

Lubin looked like he couldn't reach the canvas quick enough lol

Bermane Stiverne Signs Contract For Deontay Wilder Rematch

001_Bermane_Stiverne_and_Deontay_Wilder%

Josh Dubin and James Prince, who manage former heavyweight champion Bermane Stiverne, have confirmed to BoxingScene.com that their fighter has officially signed a contract for his mandatory rematch with WBC beltholder Deontay Wilder.

Last week, there was some friction between Stiverne's management team and the boxer's promoter, Don King

According to Dubin and Prince, a deal was reached between King and the handlers of Wilder - but King never discussed the agreed-upon financial terms with Stiverne's managers or the fighter.

The upcoming bout is a rematch of their January 2015 encounter, also televised by Showtime, when Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) dethroned Stiverne for the WBC heavyweight title with a twelve round unanimous decision at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Wilder has gone on to defend the title five times.

Immediately after that loss, Stiverne was taken directly to the hospital. Stiverne has long claimed that he became severely dehydrated during the contest and barely made it to the finish line.

Stiverne (25-2-1, 21 KOs) still remains as the only Wilder opponent to go the full distance. He's only fought once since the loss to Wilder, with a decision win over Derric Rossey in the fall of 2015. He was scheduled to fight Alexander Povetkin last December in Russia. Everything fell apart on the morning of the fight, after Povetkin failed a pre-fight drug test.

Best British Prospects

We’ve seen the amazing movement from the high-level pound-for-pound boxer Vasyl Lomachenko. Many fans relate Lomachenko and his evasive footwork like something out of the Matrix.

Here, we take a look at another rising star in the sport of boxing that many fans are also geeking out over with his insane performances in the ring. 23-year-old UK boxer Josh Kelly is an orthodox boxer fighting at welterweight. Kelly is a 2016 Olympic boxer and made his professional debut in April of this year. Kelly has already racked up a 4-0 pro record in six months. With one knockout, two wins by TKO and one decision under his belt, Britain could have another big prospect.

https://youtu.be/pX0XFCX1GyY

Anyone watching the Joshua fight? I don't tend to follow boxing but the buzz around this guy is pretty exceptional. 19 fights 19 ko's

Tyson Fury taking inspiration from 'old champ' Muhammad Ali in his pursuit of Anthony Joshua

skysports-tyson-fury-tyson-fury-boxing-h

Tyson Fury wants to emulate Muhammad Ali by making a comeback after years on the sidelines – and is targeting Anthony Joshua.

The legendary Ali was stripped of his world heavyweight championship and spent nearly four years out of the ring after refusing to be drafted into the US army for the Vietnam War, before returning to eventually reclaim his titles against George Foreman in 'The Rumble in the Jungle'.

Fury drew comparisons with current world heavyweight champion Joshua, posting on social media [sic]: "The old champ coming back to fight a man who every1 thinks will ko me, same as Ali vs Forman the stylish Ali vs the mummy Forman! We all know what happens in this fight! I know you all got me whooped, but I will not lay down or be afraid of some muscles & I have the mentality of a winner a man who has never lost a fight. A true champion coming back to claim his thrown, This is my era they are from my time, I must destroy them. AJ & Wilder I'm coming back for you pair my mission is seek & destroy the only thing on my mind is destruction who ever gets in my way will be dealt with accordingly. There's only 1 winner & that's the fans! Let's make the heavyweights great again, fight the best in the division, Fury= Lineal champ, Joshuar= Ibf-Ibo-wba Wilder= WBC. Parker= Wbo But to be fair Parker is only a young lad & is not on my radar he must gain experience & mature in to a big strong man. I hold my destiny in my own hands. May the best man win good luck everyone #letsgetthispartystarted 2018_2019 the world will see the best fights & see the true heavyweight king recrowned .

Looks like Fury is finally serious in his pursuit of a return to the ring.

Fury > Joshua >> Wilder. Deontay's biggest win is against an Internet troll.

Actually I don't believe any of that, but what frustrates me about boxing is that we just don't know...wilder and Joshua will probably never fight, which is crazy. Not sure they even have common opponents.

• Like 1

Fury > Joshua >> Wilder. Deontay's biggest win is against an Internet troll.

Actually I don't believe any of that, but what frustrates me about boxing is that we just don't know...wilder and Joshua will probably never fight, which is crazy. Not sure they even have common opponents.

Don't think any of them have a common opponent that all three has faced just usually two of them.  

Fury & Joshua have a few of the same opponents.

Kevin Johnson TF: UD AJ: 2nd

Wladmir Klischko TF: UD  AJ: 11th

Eric Molina DW: 9th AJ: 3rd

Joshua always seems to come off best lol

• Like 1

Don't think any of them have a common opponent that all three has faced just usually two of them.  

Fury & Joshua have a few of the same opponents.

Kevin Johnson TF: UD AJ: 2nd

Wladmir Klischko TF: UD  AJ: 11th

Eric Molina DW: 9th AJ: 3rd

Joshua always seems to come off best lol

Oh aye, Fury/Joshua have plenty of comparisons.  For me, the ease with which Fury handled Klitshko makes me think that if in shape, Fury gives Joshua a bad night.

Wilder v Joshua, or Wilder v Fury?  We just have no idea.  They'll probably fight in ten years when they're both washed up.

Oh aye, Fury/Joshua have plenty of comparisons.  For me, the ease with which Fury handled Klitshko makes me think that if in shape, Fury gives Joshua a bad night.

Wilder v Joshua, or Wilder v Fury?  We just have no idea.  They'll probably fight in ten years when they're both washed up.

I wouldn't be surprised by either guy winning its heavyweight boxing at the end of the day anything can happen.

They are weird fights to compare though because Fury/Klitschko was snooze fest, definitely a win for Fury but far from an exciting fight I think we'd all agree.  

Then Joshua/Klitschko fight was just a straight up fire fight with multiple knockdowns, huge punches, all or nothing rounds and probably the best HW fight of my lifetime.

Neither guy is going to be able to fight like that when they come up against each other so it should definitely be interesting.

Edited by Jolldan

Tyson Fury gatecrashes Monte Carlo weigh-ins and reveals current weight

fury.jpg

"I'm after a weightlifter, a certain weightlifter who can bench press half a ton and dead lift half a ton," Fury told iFL TV.

"I've done it about eight or nine times from being fat like this. For Klitschko I was 25 stone and now I'm 25 stone. I was 27 but I've lost two - I quit drinking for a few days."

Now I know stone is more of a British used unit of measurement so wrap your head round that Fury currently weights 350lbs and at his heaviest apparently weighed in in at 378lbs

David Haye Has 'Withdrawn From His Rematch' Against Tony Bellew

Reports are surfacing suggesting David Haye has been forced to withdraw from his rematch against Tony Bellew.

According to ESPN's Dan Rafael, sources with direct knowledge of the situation claim the December 17 fight at the O2 Arena is off.

Further reports indicate Haye has sustained an arm injury which requires surgery.

Amir Khan announces British homecoming live on Sky Sports after signing for Matchroom Boxing

Amir Khan's British homecoming fight will be live on Sky Sports after he signed a deal with Matchroom Boxing.

The 31-year-old former world champion will end an absence of almost two years when he returns to the ring at The Echo Arena, Liverpool, on April 21, with an opponent to be announced.

Khan has linked up with promoter Eddie Hearn on a three-fight deal and is targeting another world title.

skysports-khan-amir-khan-khan-judah_3924

Khan said: "I'm thrilled to be teaming up with Matchroom. This decision is not one I've taken lightly, as I'm at a hugely important time in my career, but having spoken to Eddie at length, it was clear he and I were on the same page in terms of what I want to be doing and what I still want to achieve.

"I'm determined to win another world championship and I'm confident I've got the right team behind me to help me do so.

"Just as important a factor was the opportunity to fight in the UK for the first time in five years, and to do so with the support of the British fans and Sky Sports behind me. British boxing is in such a good place and I genuinely can't wait to get back in that ring with the incredible home support behind me.

"I've been out of the ring for too long, and I'm desperate to make up for lost time, starting in April.

Hearn said: "I am delighted to welcome former unified world champion Amir Khan to the Matchroom Boxing and Sky Sports Boxing team. Amir is one of the biggest names in the sport of boxing and his return on April 21 in Liverpool will be the first time he has boxed in the UK in five years.

"The plan is to box in April and then again in August or September in preparation for a super fight in winter 2018. The target is to provide him with the biggest fights possible, of course a British mega-fight with Kell Brook is top of that list along with the likes of Manny Pacquiao, Keith Thurman and Errol Spence Jr. I'm excited to get started and looking forward to a huge night of boxing on April 21 in Liverpool."

No one mentioning AJ v JP?

Parker seems like a nice bloke but I just can't see him hanging with Joshua for more than 6 rounds.

• Like 1

Parker seems like a nice bloke but I just can't see him hanging with Joshua for more than 6 rounds.

Yeah they both have power but AJ has def faced better quality opponents and is a more polished fighter.

I could see JP going further than 6 but i dont think he'll end up taking it.

• Like 1

Yeah they both have power but AJ has def faced better quality opponents and is a more polished fighter.

I could see JP going further than 6 but i dont think he'll end up taking it.

If Joshua gets the win I hope they just get the fight with him and Wilder booked, not get bogged down with this mandatory defence crap.

If Joshua gets the win I hope they just get the fight with him and Wilder booked, not get bogged down with this mandatory defence crap.

Its the fight everyone wants to see, so it's def going to happen at some point soon, but the boxing commissions are chitbags so we may have to wait a bit longer.

AJ is 28 and Deontay is 32 so potentially we could get a few good fights out of them.

Would be great if they make the AJ/Parker/Wilder fights happen. I still think that if Fury gets back to anywhere near his best he beats them all.

Going to be interesting to see what he's like. I know he keeps showing off his movement in his instagram videos that are coming out of him getting back in training.

The more footage I see of him the worse a matchup I think Wilder is for him.

• Like 1

Errol Spence Jr is the man

anyone watch this Spence Jr fight against Lamont Peterson?? I shouldve watched UFC later and watch this chit live

goddamn

• Like 1

Anybody think that Matthysse/Kiram WASN'T a work over the weekend? Goes down twice to jabs. His recovery was weird on the first one but did he OD on that tiger balm he was huffing or wut?

Roy Jones Jr: Aged 49, he is set to retire after 75 fights - but why can't boxers say goodbye?

roy-jones-jr-jones-jr-boxing_4224928.jpg

Boxing is accustomed to watching its greatest fighters retire in unique and often unusual circumstances, writes James Dielhenn, but nobody's career will end quite like Roy Jones Jr's.

Since 2015, when he was 46, the once-unrivalled Jones Jr has failed to show up for a fight in Liverpool, gained Russian citizenship from Vladimir Putin, then been violently knocked out in his new country. Retire? Not yet.

He has won three fights since: against an opponent making his pro debut who earned the opportunity through a competition, then in his hometown which hinted at the inevitable end, then against a 'bare knuckle' fighter with an alleged 72-0 record.

You need a decent memory to recall a time when Jones Jr's career was not this way - indeed, most people below 30 probably regard him as bizarre rather than brilliant - but his highlights are worth remembering. From Friday morning, he will finally be a retired fighter who leaves behind remarkable achievements.

roy-jones-jr-jones-jr-boxing_4225323.jpg

(Jones Jr on beating Bernard Hopkins)

“It was a good fight for my first world title. The thing about that fight was I just wanted to make sure I stayed smart and I stayed focused because one of the first goals in my life was to turn professional and become a world champion. I felt a lot of pressure on my back because this was what I’d worked so hard to do for all those years. I fought the fight with one hand due to injury, but I did what I needed to become world champion.”

Jones Jr was on the wrong end of boxing's most infamous decision 30 years ago in the Olympic gold medal match but went on to win world titles in four divisions (middleweight, super-middleweight, light-heavyweight, and heavyweight). His historic win in 2003 over John Ruiz, who was the bigger man by 30lbs, made Jones Jr the first former middleweight champion to win gold at heavyweight in 106 years. Aged 34 he had won 48 fights with just one loss, via disqualification. There was nothing more to prove.

Yet his career would extend for another 15 years, 26 fights and five knockout defeats. It is due to conclude on Thursday night in Pensacola, Florida, where it all began (Jones Jr is 49-years-old and fighting for the 75th time) but why has he had such obvious difficulties in removing his gloves forever?

Retiring gracefully has always been the most difficult obstacle for a boxer to fight past. A few go early, a lot go far too late and most have the decision cruelly taken out of their own hands, by the sport's addictive and dangerous nature.

Muhammad Ali fought on too long. Floyd Mayweather, on the face of it, had the dream career with a historic 50-0 record and minimal harm yet even he, aged 40, needs to leave the door to a comeback slightly ajar. Mike Tyson was unrecognisable from the wrecking ball of his early-20s, and Wladimir Klitschko's classy and considered decision to bow out after one last monumental examination of himself. Joe Calzaghe went 46-0 against Jones Jr and has never been tempted back since.

roy-jones-john-ruiz.jpg

(Jones Jr on beating John Ruiz)

“I wanted to be a world champion my whole life but I never once thought of the heavyweight title until it presented itself. This was something that God gave me, way and above more than I ever asked for or expected. It was the chance to make history, to do something nobody would dream of me doing. This was history, the first fighter to jump from middleweight to win the heavyweight title in over 100 years. John Ruiz had no clue what he was dealing with or what he was facing. He found out the hard way.”

"It's very hard when you've been doing it for all of those years, and think: 'Here we go again'," Ricky Hatton said this week, recalling his ill-fated comeback. "It's sometimes very hard to get motivated. I lost weight in the gym, in sparring I felt brand new, and then the minute the bell went on fight night, I went: 'This ain't here no more'."

Five years ago Jones Jr passed through Sky Sports and was asked why, then aged 44, he was intent on "turning back time".

"It's about being a warrior," he replied. "God blesses us all with a gift. That flame never truly goes out, and if it does, you might as well get in your coffin."

Jones Jr's flame has never even dimmed, let alone gone out, despite some bad defeats and some farcical wins. There has been concern for his welfare, much like there is with James Toney and Bernard Hopkins (Jones Jr, remembered, beat both men in the early-90s to verify himself as a pound-for-pound great).

2013-12-11-ton.jpg

(Jones Jr on beating Toney)

“I was already a world champion, but he was the boss. James Toney was the man at that time, they were calling him the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, and to be the man you have to beat the man. I couldn’t just get a win, I had to dominate him and show the world that not only was he not the best pound-for-pound, but there was no-one else close to Roy Jones Jr. And that’s what happened. I annihilated the man, dominated him. That was my coming-out party, I showed all my weapons in that fight, I showed everyone, no, hey, this is what the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world really looks like!”

"I'm not sad to get older, we all get old," Jones Jr said this week. "I had a great prime. I was good in my prime, you know? I wasn't surprised that I was getting old, and that my abilities were getting more limited. Everybody knows everybody gets old, but I think some guys really don't think their body will get old.

"I accepted it. People told me to retire but I knew what I could do and I've never let anyone tell me what to do." That much is certainly true. Jones Jr has almost finished his 29 years career but his tongue remains as sharp as his fists were 20 years ago.

"You can't pretend there's ever been anyone come close to doing what I did. Nobody you could name could touch me - and I'm talking about nobody who's around now, nobody who was around in my prime, and nobody who was around any time you can mention.

"I haven't seen anyone turn pro at 154lbs and win the heavyweight championship of the world.

"Even the great Sugar Ray Robinson, the pound-for-pound guy that he was, couldn't win the light heavyweight title after turning pro as a welterweight. He had a difficult time trying that. So that tells you how hard it is to jump up that kind of weight and win.

"So, pound-for-pound the greatest of all time? It isn't hard to figure out, Roy Jones Jr is your king of the hill."

This rhetoric makes you believe in fairy tales, and believe that the skill Jones Jr once possessed can continue making up for his age. He is unlikely to be troubled by his 75th opponent, Scott Sigmon (30-11-1), on Thursday. Boxing can kid fighters along until it teaches them harsh truths about themselves but it is time for nostalgia to replace whatever Jones Jr has left. It is almost impossible for a boxer to retire at the perfect time. Jones Jr, at the very least, is still the master of his own fate.

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1

"So, pound-for-pound the greatest of all time? It isn't hard to figure out, Roy Jones Jr is your king of the hill."

It was a completely different sport when Sugar Ray Robinson was fighting. Jones may have had as much skill as anyone, but his accomplishments aren't as great as Robinson's. His "heavyweight title" was a joke. If you ever go back and look at Robinson's statistics, it's almost unbelievable. 

85-0 as an amateur, 69 KO's, 40 1st. round KO's

Turned pro October 4, 1940, had a record of 6-0 by the end of the year! 

Went 20-0 in 1941!

16-0 in 1942

In 1951, his record was 127-1-2

Edited by classicboxer

It was a completely different sport when Sugar Ray Robinson was fighting. Jones may have had as much skill as anyone, but his accomplishments aren't as great as Robinson's. His "heavyweight title" was a joke. If you ever go back and look at Robinson's statistics, it's almost unbelievable. 

85-0 as an amateur, 69 KO's, 40 1st. round KO's

Turned pro October 4, 1940, had a record of 6-0 by the end of the year! 

Went 20-0 in 1941!

16-0 in 1942

In 1851, his record was 127-1-2

That's incredible. I didn't know Sugar Ray could time travel.  :P

Best boxer ever btw imo opinion

• Like 2

Use to think Danny Garcia could be the one to beat Floyd but after his last 2 fights I think FMM would have tooled him. Rios was actually giving Garcia problems before that KO this weekend. 

Use to think Danny Garcia could be the one to beat Floyd but after his last 2 fights I think FMM would have tooled him. Rios was actually giving Garcia problems before that KO this weekend. 

Herrera, who is an average boxer took Danny to school as did Peterson. He never showed much other than an entertaining KO of Khan.

I always thought Vernon Forest would have given Floyd big problems but he seemed to lose his fire after the Mosley fights

• Like 1

Looking forward to the second fight with Canelo and GGG but my god you really do get to see how corrupt boxing is.

Golden Boy is juicing Canelo so bad he can't even pass a piss test already lol if I thought the odds weren't stacked high enough against GGG before they are now

• Like 1

Not a great video, but Wilder looked as sloppy as he always does.

https://youtu.be/lg1MrYYhUeo

he really does look terrible but that athleticism pulls him through. I think Joshua ruins him at this point but you never know
  • Like 1

he really does look terrible but that athleticism pulls him through. I think Joshua ruins him at this point but you never know

I swear it makes me lol every time i see him flailing his arms around, punching his opponents in the back of the head. Joshua should clean him up, similar athleticism and power with actual technique

In Canelos defense he got busted for low levels of clembuterol.......He lives in mexico so pretty much all meat has that sh/it. Nothing to see here folks.

In Canelos defense he got busted for low levels of clembuterol.......He lives in mexico so pretty much all meat has that sh/it. Nothing to see here folks.

so what you are saying is all of Mexico is on PEDS? I knew it!

Is this the first time he's ever been busted for it though?

28618728_1953372558069944_64043715332236

Seen this list of the top 10 Heavyweights of all time according to WBC, now I don't think it was actually done by the WBC because I had a quick look and couldn't find any record of it but it got me thinking it would be a good list to see how everybody ranks them.

Will put mine up after some deliberation.

What is your top 10 Heavyweights of all time?