• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#1 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:01 AM

Tyson Fury reminds the boxing world why nobody misses him. After tweeting out homophobic slurs to David Haye.

Fury took aim at Haye this afternoon - claiming he knows “f**k all” about boxing - then offered his congratulations for “being out of the closet”.

The former heavyweight champ published the messages to his 500,000 Twitter followers.

Fury tweeted: “I wasn't having a go at David gay I'm complementing him, on knowing f**k all about boxing & being out of the closet. Well done Dave."

Paulie Malignaggi calls out Conor McGregor

"If the Floyd talk is serious you gotta test the waters against a decently recognisable [and] respectable name right? My team's phone will be on."

Malignaggi, 36, has fought just once in the last 18 months but is a former world champion.

Roy Jones Jr. will fight former bare-knuckle boxer Bobby Gunn on February 17, 2017

Former P4P king Jones (64-9, 46 KOs), 47, has taken the surprise decision to fight on despite retirement looming, and he will take to the ring with a man who has not boxed since 2013.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#2 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 24,754 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:44 AM

I'd welcome a boxing thread on the forum, but usually it lasts about three posts before someone calls boxing fake and gay, CB tells everyone to **** OFF! and it kind of peters out.

I'm quite intruiged by the HW landscape at the moment.  Shame FUry's fallen off the wagon badly by all accounts.  Can see Joshua fighting Haye within the next 9 months.

• Jolldan and BigDaddyDelta like this

Winning coach of 2016 Camps League - Team FRANKLIN

Chief of the Rich "Ace" Franklin fan-club

Founder of the welcoming/rehabillitation team

rich-franklin.jpg

#3 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:54 AM

I'd welcome a boxing thread on the forum, but usually it lasts about three posts before someone calls boxing fake and gay, CB tells everyone to **** OFF! and it kind of peters out.

I'm quite intruiged by the HW landscape at the moment.  Shame FUry's fallen off the wagon badly by all accounts.  Can see Joshua fighting Haye within the next 9 months.

Just need to be willing to take the abuse while keeping it on track haha.

Yeah the Heavyweights are really what has got be back interested in boxing.

Wilder, Joshua, Parker, THE CHAMP, Klitschko, Povetkin, Fury (if he can get his act together) and Ortiz.

Lost big respect for Haye when he chickened out against Briggs.

Personally hope Joshua fights Wilder, Ortiz or Parker soon.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#4 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:25 AM

LMFAO did you just say Haye chickened out againts Briggs????

Briggs team claimed they could bring the WBA Title to the table for a PPV fight.  Haye signed the contract to those terms.  When they FAILED to bring the WBA Title to the table, Haye offered them the fight on normal TV as nobody will pay PPV for that fight without a world title on the line.  Briggs refused because he knows that fighting Haye on PPV will bring in millions and dosent wnat to get KO'd for thousands

god you suck 

conair.gif?w=780

The Chad went outside, got too much sun and burst into flames, igniting the Canadian forested wilderness which is now causing an Eclipse.

lmao! I had that experience once. Light's out, drunk didn't even notice it. When i went to the bathroom i wondered why my mouth tasted like copper. Started brushing my teeth and noticed when i spat out it was red then it hit me. Walked back into the bedroom turned the lights on and there were red finger prints on the wall, sheets were rekt and she was cleaning herself with a towel. I almost got upset at first for not telling me but i was like oh well zero **** given. 

#5 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:29 AM

Haye agreed when in front of a packed media room that if Briggs fought on the undercard and won he would fight him.

Briggs wins and Haye goes hunting after somebody a weight below him

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#6 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:37 AM

Haye agreed when in front of a packed media room that if Briggs fought on the undercard and won he would fight him.

Briggs wins and Haye goes hunting after somebody a weight below him

LMFAO did you just say Haye chickened out againts Briggs????

Briggs team claimed they could bring the WBA Title to the table for a PPV fight.  Haye signed the contract to those terms.  When they FAILED to bring the WBA Title to the table, Haye offered them the fight on normal TV as nobody will pay PPV for that fight without a world title on the line.  Briggs refused because he knows that fighting Haye on PPV will bring in millions and dosent wnat to get KO'd for thousands

god you suck 

Haye and Briggs had a signed contract and Briggs couldnt deliver

Hearn OFFERED the fight to Haye so Haye said yes

dont go full retard son

conair.gif?w=780

The Chad went outside, got too much sun and burst into flames, igniting the Canadian forested wilderness which is now causing an Eclipse.

lmao! I had that experience once. Light's out, drunk didn't even notice it. When i went to the bathroom i wondered why my mouth tasted like copper. Started brushing my teeth and noticed when i spat out it was red then it hit me. Walked back into the bedroom turned the lights on and there were red finger prints on the wall, sheets were rekt and she was cleaning herself with a towel. I almost got upset at first for not telling me but i was like oh well zero **** given. 

#7 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,981 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:49 AM

That actually sounds kinda awesome. 

• fobar and Bubba_Sparks like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#8 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,981 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:53 AM

Made a boxing thread a while back when boxing wasn't in the toilet and it basically went like Bubba said. I doubt it would get much traction now that it's basically on life support. 

http://forums.ufcfig...ing +discussion

Edited by RUF, 02 December 2016 - 05:53 AM.

• fobar likes this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#9 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:51 AM

Haye and Briggs had a signed contract and Briggs couldnt deliver

Hearn OFFERED the fight to Haye so Haye said yes

dont go full retard son

Haye couldn't get a PPV to work with him again because he's known for being such a duck now.

Haye dived at any opportunity to get away from fighting Briggs. Talked the talk but ran away like a little bish back to the cruiserweight division when he seen their was a littler guy he could get to move up and fight him.

Only room in the tin hat club for you mate if you believe the **** that Haye is spewing. Guy has a record a mile long about making up excuses.

Made a boxing thread a while back when boxing wasn't in the toilet and it basically went like Bubba said. I doubt it would get much traction now that it's basically on life support. 

Should attempt to keep this one going like we said goo Heavyweights to talk about and a few stars dotted about the rest of the divisions.

• Rustled_Jimmy likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#10 R17YN_K

R17YN_K
  • Free
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:03 AM

Talking about boxing....we any closer to seeing GGG vs Canelo?.

• Jolldan likes this

#11 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:08 AM

Talking about boxing....we any closer to seeing GGG vs Canelo?.

Golden Boy Promotions are still planning on matching their flagship fighter Saul Canelo Alvarez (49-1-1, 34 KOs) against unbeaten middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (36-0, 33 KOs) for September 2017, but it will depend on a number of things.

Canelo has two fights that Golden Boy wants to put him in before the Golovkin fight next year in February and May on HBO. It’s ambitious that Golden Boy wants Canelo to fight three times in 2017, because it requires that his recently fractured right hand allows him to fight.

It also would be necessary for Canelo to win his fight in February without getting nicked up so that he could return to the ring three months later to fight on the Mexican holiday Cinco de Mayo in May 2017. Golden Boy Promotions can increase the chances of Canelo getting through his February fight without injury if they pick a soft opponent for him to fight rather than a quality guy.

• R17YN_K likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#12 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,981 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:39 AM

Haye couldn't get a PPV to work with him again because he's known for being such a duck now.

Haye dived at any opportunity to get away from fighting Briggs. Talked the talk but ran away like a little bish back to the cruiserweight division when he seen their was a littler guy he could get to move up and fight him.

Only room in the tin hat club for you mate if you believe the **** that Haye is spewing. Guy has a record a mile long about making up excuses.

Should attempt to keep this one going like we said goo Heavyweights to talk about and a few stars dotted about the rest of the divisions.

Yea, theirs just not much to talk about at the moment tbh. You know your sports in trouble when your biggest fight of the year only pulled 160,000 PPV buys and the biggest talk in boxing right now is about an Irish mix martial artist.
  • R17YN_K and Jolldan like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#13 R17YN_K

R17YN_K
  • Free
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:52 AM

I think the longer it is for this fight to happen, the more advantage to Canelo. GGG is in his prime and theres only one way after that. Canelo is yet to hit his prime. I dont think for a second Canelo is scared, ducking, etc. Its Goldenboy, picking the perfect time for this to happen. 

I still got GGG winning, late stoppage, corner throw in towel. (well thats if this fight happens within the next 3 years) 

#14 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 17,785 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:56 AM

Yea, theirs just not much to talk about at the moment tbh. You know your sports in trouble when your biggest fight of the year only pulled 160,000 PPV buys and the biggest talk in boxing right now is about an Irish mix martial artist.

Not really. It's only the OFFICIAL UFC FORUM that wants Mayweather to save MMA! I don't really think boxing fans really care about McGregor boxing, it's just that boxing fans are also MMA fans. I was disappointed by the pay per view numbers, but pay per view is slowly dying, anyway.

👦🏿👶🏿👧🏿👨🏿👩🏿👱🏿‍♀️👱🏿👴🏿👵🏿👲🏿👳🏿‍♀️👳🏿👮🏿‍♀️👮🏿👷🏿‍♀️👷🏿💂🏿‍♀️💂🏿🕵🏿‍♀️🕵🏿👨🏿‍⚕️👶🏿👦🏿👧🏿👨🏿👩🏿👱🏿‍♀️👱🏿👴🏿👵🏿👲🏿👳🏿‍♀️👳🏿👮🏿‍♀️👮🏿👷🏿‍♀️👷🏿💂🏿‍♀️💂🏿🕵🏿‍♀️🕵🏿👩🏿‍⚕️👨🏿‍⚕️👩🏿‍🌾👨🏿‍🌾👩🏿‍🍳👨🏿‍🍳👩🏿‍🎓👨🏿‍🎓👩🏿‍🎤👨🏿‍🎤👩🏿‍🏫👨🏿‍🏫👩🏿‍🏭👨🏿‍🏭👩🏿‍💻👨🏿‍💻👩🏿‍💼👨🏿‍💼👩🏿‍🔧👨🏿‍🔧👩🏿‍🔬👨🏿‍🔬👩🏿‍🎨👨🏿‍🎨👩🏿‍🚒👨🏿‍🚒👩🏿‍✈️👨🏿‍✈️👩🏿‍🚀👨🏿‍🚀👩🏿‍⚖️👨🏿‍⚖️🤶🏿🎅🏿👸🏿🤴🏿👰🏿🤵🏿👼🏿🤰🏿🙇🏿‍♀️🙇🏿💁🏿💁🏿‍♂️🙅🏿🙅🏿‍♂️🙆🏿🙆🏿‍♂️🙋🏿🙋🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♀️🤦🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♀️🤷🏿‍♂️🙎🏿🙎🏿‍♂️🙍🏿🙍🏿‍♂️💇🏿💇🏿‍♂️💆🏿💆🏿‍♂️

Black lives matter.

#15 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 17,785 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:00 AM

I think the longer it is for this fight to happen, the more advantage to Canelo. GGG is in his prime and theres only one way after that. Canelo is yet to hit his prime. I dont think for a second Canelo is scared, ducking, etc. Its Goldenboy, picking the perfect time for this to happen. 

I still got GGG winning, late stoppage, corner throw in towel. (well thats if this fight happens within the next 3 years) 

GGG disappointed me in his last fight. Very sloppy, and his power was gone after 5 rounds. Maybe Canelo won't beat him, but I can see Keith Thurman will move up and beat either one of them.

👦🏿👶🏿👧🏿👨🏿👩🏿👱🏿‍♀️👱🏿👴🏿👵🏿👲🏿👳🏿‍♀️👳🏿👮🏿‍♀️👮🏿👷🏿‍♀️👷🏿💂🏿‍♀️💂🏿🕵🏿‍♀️🕵🏿👨🏿‍⚕️👶🏿👦🏿👧🏿👨🏿👩🏿👱🏿‍♀️👱🏿👴🏿👵🏿👲🏿👳🏿‍♀️👳🏿👮🏿‍♀️👮🏿👷🏿‍♀️👷🏿💂🏿‍♀️💂🏿🕵🏿‍♀️🕵🏿👩🏿‍⚕️👨🏿‍⚕️👩🏿‍🌾👨🏿‍🌾👩🏿‍🍳👨🏿‍🍳👩🏿‍🎓👨🏿‍🎓👩🏿‍🎤👨🏿‍🎤👩🏿‍🏫👨🏿‍🏫👩🏿‍🏭👨🏿‍🏭👩🏿‍💻👨🏿‍💻👩🏿‍💼👨🏿‍💼👩🏿‍🔧👨🏿‍🔧👩🏿‍🔬👨🏿‍🔬👩🏿‍🎨👨🏿‍🎨👩🏿‍🚒👨🏿‍🚒👩🏿‍✈️👨🏿‍✈️👩🏿‍🚀👨🏿‍🚀👩🏿‍⚖️👨🏿‍⚖️🤶🏿🎅🏿👸🏿🤴🏿👰🏿🤵🏿👼🏿🤰🏿🙇🏿‍♀️🙇🏿💁🏿💁🏿‍♂️🙅🏿🙅🏿‍♂️🙆🏿🙆🏿‍♂️🙋🏿🙋🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♀️🤦🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♀️🤷🏿‍♂️🙎🏿🙎🏿‍♂️🙍🏿🙍🏿‍♂️💇🏿💇🏿‍♂️💆🏿💆🏿‍♂️

Black lives matter.

#16 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,981 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:18 AM

Not really. It's only the OFFICIAL UFC FORUM that wants Mayweather to save MMA! I don't really think boxing fans really care about McGregor boxing, it's just that boxing fans are also MMA fans. I was disappointed by the pay per view numbers, but pay per view is slowly dying, anyway.

Sadly, I really wish I could disagree but this vvv is the most upvoted and talked about story on the boxing forum in the last week.

https://www.reddit.c...sort=top&t=week

Wish I could disagree about PPV too but it's been surging every year in boxing and MMA except for boxing this year and MMA in '14 from injuries. 

Boxing will rebound next year imo. Canelo/GGG if it ever happens will easily clear a million buys in September. The Ward/Kovalev rematch will do much better. Pac's retirement tour and a couple other sleepers. PPVs not going anywhere. 

conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#17 T.B.E

T.B.E
  • Free
  • 980 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:42 AM

Tell that to Canelo. No one outside of Cali wants to sit through a Ward fight and Kov isn't American.

#18 T.B.E

T.B.E
  • Free
  • 980 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

GGG disappointed me in his last fight. Very sloppy, and his power was gone after 5 rounds. Maybe Canelo won't beat him, but I can see Keith Thurman will move up and beat either one of them.

I laughed when people thought Canelo would beat Floyd but since then Canelo has proven to be a very good fighter. He's improved a lot since that fight. GGG has yet to impress me, his resume is a joke and he was given a bit of a boxing lesson by a guy jumping up 2 divisions to fight him. I'd favour Canelo at this point. Hope it gets done.

#19 T.B.E

T.B.E
  • Free
  • 980 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:48 AM

Haye dived at any opportunity to get away from fighting Briggs. Talked the talk but ran away like a little bish back to the cruiserweight division when he seen their was a littler guy he could get to move up and fight him.

Haye and Danny Garcia are by far the biggest cherry pickers in the sport. At least we don't have to listen to Danny run his mouth

#20 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,981 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:54 AM

Haye and Danny Garcia are by far the biggest cherry pickers in the sport. At least we don't have to listen to Danny run his mouth

tumblr_m3q2p26pxw1qgfml7o1_500.gif

conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#21 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,981 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:56 AM

that Canelo GIF is sort of mesmerizing. I must have just watched it 20 times in a row. That might be enough internet for me today. 

conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#22 T.B.E

T.B.E
  • Free
  • 980 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

tumblr_m3q2p26pxw1qgfml7o1_500.gif

I would have accepted Wilder but Canelo has fought more guys ranked inside the top 10 of his own division and the consensus p4p best fighter of this generation. There is no comparison between his resume and theirs.

#23 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,981 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:28 AM

I would have accepted Wilder but Canelo has fought more guys ranked inside the top 10 of his own division and the consensus p4p best fighter of this generation. There is no comparison between his resume and theirs.

CsBswroXgAAdv8s.jpg

conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#24 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,981 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:31 AM

I noticed you conveniently mentioned "own division". I will give Canelo credit for fighting Lara (even though I thought he lost) considering how bad of a match up I thought Lara was for Canelo but I won't give him much credit for fighting the "top 10" of his division because it's pretty soft at the moment. And I will never forgive him and Golden Boy for the **** they pulled with the triple G fight. 

conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#25 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 17,785 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:38 PM

My comment on pay per view dying was meant to point out that for every legal buy, there are so many more people getting around paying for it that the current pay per view system can't survive, in my opinion.

Black lives matter.

#26 T.B.E

T.B.E
  • Free
  • 980 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:40 PM

CsBswroXgAAdv8s.jpg

Yes, another good example of a weak resume

I noticed you conveniently mentioned "own division". I will give Canelo credit for fighting Lara (even though I thought he lost) considering how bad of a match up I thought Lara was for Canelo but I won't give him much credit for fighting the "top 10" of his division because it's pretty soft at the moment. And I will never forgive him and Golden Boy for the **** they pulled with the triple G fight. 

It's not convenient to fight in the division you are the champion of, it's what you're supposed to do. MW is a much weaker division, that's why GGG wants Canelo to move up yet his fans aren't calling for him to do the same

#27 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,981 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

Yes, another good example of a weak resume

It's not convenient to fight in the division you are the champion of, it's what you're supposed to do. MW is a much weaker division, that's why GGG wants Canelo to move up yet his fans aren't calling for him to do the same

You just made my point. Canelo had no problem fighting at middleweight when it was against somebody like Khan whose has fought at lightweight, light welterweight, and welterweight most of his career but when an actual middleweight fight that makes sense and that everybody wants to see presents itself he vacates because reasons.

Middleweight isn't as weak as people think, even though you're the first person i've heard say that. GGG just makes it look easy. Canelo is too busy fighting lightwelterweights at middleweight for me to comment on his division. 

• CorporalClegg209 likes this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#28 T.B.E

T.B.E
  • Free
  • 980 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:21 PM

You just made my point. Canelo had no problem fighting at middleweight when it was against somebody like Khan whose has fought at lightweight, light welterweight, and welterweight most of his career but when an actual middleweight fight that makes sense and that everybody wants to see presents itself he vacates because reasons.

Middleweight isn't as weak as people think, even though you're the first person i've heard say that. GGG just makes it look easy. Canelo is too busy fighting lightwelterweights at middleweight for me to comment on his division. 

Canelo has fought most of his career at welterweight and super WW too. GGG has never fought that low. Alvarez won a MW belt from Cotto, who isn't a true MW either. Cotto won and defended that belt at catch weights to further prove that point.

The fact that a career WW, Brook, is GGG's best opponent so far combined with the fact that Canelo would be his next best opponent speaks to the quality at MW. Jacobs is supposed to be the other guy at MW and he was already embarrassed by Pirog. Shame what happened to Pirog because he would have put the GGG hype to rest.

#29 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,981 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:38 PM

Canelo has fought most of his career at welterweight and super WW too. GGG has never fought that low. Alvarez won a MW belt from Cotto, who isn't a true MW either. Cotto won and defended that belt at catch weights to further prove that point.

The fact that a career WW, Brook, is GGG's best opponent so far combined with the fact that Canelo would be his next best opponent speaks to the quality at MW. Jacobs is supposed to be the other guy at MW and he was already embarrassed by Pirog. Shame what happened to Pirog because he would have put the GGG hype to rest.

The difference is GGG didn't move up to lightheavyweight and win the vacant belt against a fellow middleweight, then defend against a lightmiddleweight, and then vacate as soon as Andre Ward said he wanted to fight.

My issue isn't so much with Canelo. I would be disappointed if Canelo left boxing. My issue is with Golden Boy and Oscar. Boxing could do with about a dozen more Canelos and a dozen less Oscars. I do take issue with canelo selling wolf tickets in the ring tho, calling out GGG and then running for the hills.
  • T.B.E likes this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#30 T.B.E

T.B.E
  • Free
  • 980 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:01 PM

The difference is GGG didn't move up to lightheavyweight and win the vacant belt against a fellow middleweight, then defend against a lightmiddleweight, and then vacate as soon as Andre Ward said he wanted to fight.

My issue isn't so much with Canelo. I would be disappointed if Canelo left boxing. My issue is with Golden Boy and Oscar. Boxing could do with about a dozen more Canelos and a dozen less Oscars. I do take issue with canelo selling wolf tickets in the ring tho, calling out GGG and then running for the hills.

GGG is calling out smaller fighters but not moving up himself. He even mentions Floyd but never Ward, Kov or Stevenson.

Think the wolf tickets is on Oscar too. He can make that fight happen if he wants to, I don't think Canelo is standing in the way.

#31 T.B.E

T.B.E
  • Free
  • 980 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:18 PM

My comment on pay per view dying was meant to point out that for every legal buy, there are so many more people getting around paying for it that the current pay per view system can't survive, in my opinion.

The top 2 highest grossing ppv fights of all time just happened in the last few years. UFC is doing good numbers too. I think boxing is suffering from a lack of star power and matches not getting made. Look at Haymon, he's putting fights on free tv and there still is no interest. Don't you think if Floyd came back his ppv buys would be fine?

#32 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,981 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:49 PM

The top 2 highest grossing ppv fights of all time just happened in the last few years. UFC is doing good numbers too. I think boxing is suffering from a lack of star power and matches not getting made. Look at Haymon, he's putting fights on free tv and there still is no interest. Don't you think if Floyd came back his ppv buys would be fine?

If he signed a long term deal, mapping out serious challengers sure, but if he came back for a one off against somebody of Berto's name recognition again, I expect it to sell the same underwhelming number. 

• T.B.E likes this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#33 T.B.E

T.B.E
  • Free
  • 980 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:12 PM

If he signed a long term deal, mapping out serious challengers sure, but if he came back for a one off against somebody of Berto's name recognition again, I expect it to sell the same underwhelming number. 

The Berto fight was a joke and yet it still did 550,000 buys. Compare that to Kov vs. Ward, 160 000. Canelo is the only ppv star boxing has right now

#34 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,981 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

The Berto fight was a joke and yet it still did 550,000 buys. Compare that to Kov vs. Ward, 160 000. Canelo is the only ppv star boxing has right now

When compared to today's PPV landscape sure. I just meant underwhelming when compared to Floyds previous numbers. After what Floyd and Berto got paid for that fight, I still wouldn't be surprised if the promoters lost money on that deal with that buyrate.
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#35 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:46 AM

Heavyweight division update

ITS ONN!!!!!!!

Anthony-Joshua-v-Eric-Molina.jpg

Joshua dismantled Molina who never looked in the same class to secure the biggest fight of his career. A showdown with former Heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko in April at Wembley.

The biggest criticism Joshua has faced so far in his career is the class of his opponents, that's not something that will come in to question when he faces Wladimir.

skysports-luis-ortiz-david-allen-king-ko

Undefeated Cuban Luis Ortiz continued his winning streak with a dismantling of a game David Allen. He now extends his record to 27 wins (23 by ko) no losses no draws and 2 no contents. Ortiz is on course for a title shot as he is ranked number one by the WBA and number six by the IBF.

FIGHT OF THE NIGHT

skysports-dereck-chisora-dillian-whyte-w

A great fight for fans pure excitement all 12 rounds. An incredible fight, both men looked in trouble at various points, with the fighters trading blows until the last. One judge gave it to Chisora by 115-114, but the other two judges scored it 115-113 and 115-114 in Whyte's favour. The fight was so popular in fact that talks of a rematch have already began to circulate.

• classicboxer likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#36 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 17,785 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:21 AM

Another mismatch for Terence Crawford (Molina). I guess he wants to make some money fighting Pacquiao next.

Black lives matter.

#37 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 17,785 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:54 PM

Badou Jack just put an **** whupping on James DeGale, but they called it a draw!

Black lives matter.

#38 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 19,982 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:01 PM

Badou Jack just put an **** whupping on James DeGale, but they called it a draw!

Meh, draw was fair enough.  They both got dropped and they both point fought for the rest of the fight

#39 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 17,785 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:07 PM

Meh, draw was fair enough.  They both got dropped and they both point fought for the rest of the fight

Are you **** kidding? Did you see DeGale's face? 

• crangs likes this

Black lives matter.

#40 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 19,982 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:13 PM

Are you **** kidding? Did you see DeGale's face? 

did it look like this?

xn4cYl4.png

#41 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 19,982 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:15 PM

Seriously though, I thought it was a good fight and had Degale leading by 2 or 3 rounds leading into the final round.  That knock down saved Jack his title

Edited by crangs, 15 January 2017 - 01:24 AM.

#42 CorporalClegg209

CorporalClegg209

Yeah well, I still jerk off manually

• Free
  • 17,290 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:22 AM

He did lose to Lara.  Canelo was whiffing the whole fight.

Here's my biggest issue with the guy.  Says he can't fight above 155 but he re-hydrates to 171 by the time he's in the ring.

Now he's signed off to fight Chavez Jr at a 164.5 pound catchweight.  For every pound Chavez comes in over he loses a million dollars.

So he won't fight Golovkin at 160 but he'll fight an inactive and lazy bum 4 and a half pounds heavier than 160...

That's weak chit.

qUDIQwQ.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before

#43 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 50,584 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:27 AM

how many boxing threads do we have now anyways? No disrespect just curious 

• Douglass likes this

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster

#44 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 17,785 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:01 AM

how many boxing threads do we have now anyways? 

Not enough! 

Black lives matter.

#45 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:32 AM

Badou Jack officially vacates the his WBC Super-Middleweight belt to move up to Lightheavyweight.

This unfortunately means there will likely be no rematch between Jack & DeGale who both just fought in a massive unification fight to a majority draw.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#46 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 17,785 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:56 AM

Carl Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz II. This time it's in Vegas, no way Frampton wins.

Black lives matter.

#47 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 17,785 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:32 PM

Mikey Garcia just killed Montenegro's only champ.

• crangs likes this

Black lives matter.

#48 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 19,982 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:39 PM

Mikey Garcia just killed Montenegro's only champ.

yip, he ded

#49 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:33 AM

16473547_1401240203254339_81146720521653

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#50 RazorRam0n

RazorRam0n