KingNothing

KingNothing's Star Wars Thread

Which one?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts on the Episode 8 title "The Last Jedi"?

Wow. What's it like to be 40 yrs old and get so much satisfaction playing a video game that you have to post about it? That's adorable. Stay young 12er.

I would imagine its alot better than being mean and angry all the time
  • Like 3

Wow. What's it like to be 40 yrs old and get so much satisfaction playing a video game that you have to post about it? That's adorable. Stay young 12er.

I'm 31. What it's like to rub down men for a living? Remember to pay attention to the balls if you expect a tip, Francis. 

• Like 2

I'm 31. What it's like to rub down men for a living? Remember to pay attention to the balls if you expect a tip, Francis.

Good lord, you look old as ****! Maybe genetics, not your fault. Good thing about being a licensed massage therapist that goes to clients houses, is that you pick your clients. I don't work at a massage envy or a place like that.

Good lord, you look old as ****! Maybe genetics, not your fault. Good thing about being a licensed massage therapist that goes to clients houses, is that you pick your clients. I don't work at a massage envy or a place like that.

I get it, you're a high-end rent boy. That's cool, dude. You do you. 

Did you leave yet?

You just explained to me why you were so mean and in a normal not grumpy way now you are being mean again? I dont get it what did I do to upset you? Edited by freddievanhalen3

I never actually played the multiplayer stuff

That was the entire game, so your criticism is invalid.

That said, bf2 is way better

• Like 1

You just explained to me why you were so mean and in a normal not grumpy way now you are being mean again? I dont get it what did I do to upset you?

You said being a 40 yr old man acting like a child is better than being a bully. I had to say something.

Does Battlefront 2 suck as bad as the first one did?

Read a story where a lot of gamers are unhappy about how much they have to spend to unlock favorite characters.

Could be that Battlefront II is a victim of its own success. Don’t get too greedy, EA...

• Like 1

Read a story where a lot of gamers are unhappy about how much they have to spend to unlock favorite characters.

Could be that Battlefront II is a victim of its own success. Don’t get too greedy, EA...

a story? It nearly crashed the internet yesterday.

Whatever your thoughts are on it, the games success/reception is a pretty big turning point for gaming. If it sells a lot better than previous installments and all the negative attention surrounding it doesn't effect it and it has some success with micro transactions, expect a lot more games to adopt it.  

• Like 1

Whatever your thoughts are on it, the games success/reception is a pretty big turning point for gaming. If it sells a lot better than previous installments and all the negative attention surrounding it doesn't effect it and it has some success with micro transactions, expect a lot more games to adopt it.

I’m not a traditional gamer as defined today. Do like my games....but I’m not buying a game and then buying more to unlock anything. If I miss out on Battlefront II, eh, I can live with that.

I’m suspicious, though, that EA (and others) will test even the gamer limits (outside of this) on what’s acceptable for the purchase of a game.

I could be wrong...but even I think gamers have their limits.

Edited by Joby
  • Like 1

This game is not even close to being the first game to add microtransactions. This started years ago, it's not even the first game that released this year with this type of system. 

That was the entire game, so your criticism is invalid.

That said, bf2 is way better

I played all of the single player missions and they sucked, so my criticism stands.  

I played all of the single player missions and they sucked, so my criticism stands.  

Of course the single player missions sucked. No one buys a DICE shooter for a single player experience. The multiplayer is the entire reason the game existed and the only metric worth judging it by.

You basically judged the game off a tacked on tutorial mode.

• Like 1

This game is not even close to being the first game to add microtransactions. This started years ago, it's not even the first game that released this year with this type of system. 

99% of them are freemium games. Otherwise, nothing to this degree and nothing as big as Star Wars. 

99% of them are freemium games. Otherwise, nothing to this degree and nothing as big as Star Wars. 

The Lord of the Rings game also has microtransactions and a grindy system that encourages you to spend money, and it came out several weeks earlier.

LOTR might not be as big as Star Wars, but it's another iconic franchise that is beloved by nerdgins. 

Of course the single player missions sucked. No one buys a DICE shooter for a single player experience. The multiplayer is the entire reason the game existed and the only metric worth judging it by.

I actually enjoyed the single player missions on Battlefront 2 on the PS2. We're they that bad on the last one. 

• Like 1

The Lord of the Rings game also has microtransactions and a grindy system that encourages you to spend money, and it came out several weeks earlier.

LOTR might not be as big as Star Wars, but it's another iconic franchise that is beloved by nerdgins. 

31zYLtnnlYs8Fbt1N0vmr2htgM175Lw6U_xTWYJ7

• Like 2

I actually enjoyed the single player missions on Battlefront 2 on the PS2. We're they that bad on the last one. 

I wouldn't know about that, but the franchise was made by LucasArts back then. DICE is known for the Battlefield franchise and that's about it. They make Battlefield and then Battlefront. They specialize in multiplayer shooters. 

They weren't broken or anything, but they weren't something you played more than once.

• Like 1

I wouldn't know about that, but the franchise was made by LucasArts back then. DICE is known for the Battlefield franchise and that's about it. They make Battlefield and then Battlefront. They specialize in multiplayer shooters. 

They weren't broken or anything, but they weren't something you played more than once.

your hatred for Playstation outweighing your love for Star Wars is admirable 

• Like 1

Sounds like what you did with Dragon Age.
  • Like 1

Sounds like what you did with Dragon Age.

I didn't play the multiplayer? That game was hot garbage. That's a fact.

your hatred for Playstation outweighing your love for Star Wars is admirable 

Not sure what you mean by this. Battlefront 2 2005 wasn't a playstation exclusive. I just didn't play video games a lot at that time.

Not sure what you mean by this. Battlefront 2 2005 wasn't a playstation exclusive. I just didn't play video games a lot at that time.

Assumed it was. Couldn't picture living in the parallel timeline where 12er doesn't vidya game.

Assumed it was. Couldn't picture living in the parallel timeline where 12er doesn't vidya game.

I didn't play a lot in high school and when I was in the Army. I started playing more when I settled down.

I didn't buy it, it came with my PS4.  Not really in to multiplayer games, TBH so that probably has a lot to do with it.  

they fixed that already, it was 60,000 credits to unlock some heroes, they lowered it to 10k-15k

• Like 1

they fixed that already, it was 60,000 credits to unlock some heroes, they lowered it to 10k-15k

I don't understand the credits thing in games now.  I've got a ton of credits in Rise of the Tomb Raider but I don't know what they're for.  Just getting in-game items and ****? 

I'm cynical and I was thinking that EA and others will continue to push to see where that exact limit is before you guys rebel.

10k-15k this time.  20k next time?

It's November 22nd and it's also coincidentally 22 days until The Last Jedi

I can't wait!! whoooo and we're almost done with November!

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 1

It's November 22nd and it's also coincidentally 22 days until The Last Jedi

I can't wait!! whoooo and we're almost done with November!

Sobercuban needs to mandate that any of you overseas fuqboys that get to see this movie early, keep this fact to yourselves

• Like 4

Sobercuban needs to mandate that any of you overseas fuqboys that get to see this movie early, keep this fact to yourselves

I will literally permaban any poster putting spoilers out there pre-US release (regardless of whether it's in spoiler tags).

You have been warned!

• Like 3

Bastard!!

hahahaha just teasing m8, I h8 spoilers. I do not even know when it wil be released here in Germany and do not care enough to google, I'll see the posters eventually.

• Like 1

hahahaha just teasing m8, I h8 spoilers. I do not even know when it wil be released here in Germany and do not care enough to google, I'll see the posters eventually.

The 13th I believe.  So just 2 days before us, but still.  

I will literally permaban any poster putting spoilers out there pre-US release (regardless of whether it's in spoiler tags).

You have been warned!

I second this motion. In fact, I should be delegated special privileges or banning people that post spoilers

• Like 1

I second this motion. In fact, I should be delegated special privileges or banning people that post spoilers

I will rage 10^9023849028309 times harder than I did when Fight Pass crashed in the first exchange in the May/Mac fight.  Which means I might actually explode with the force of a supernova

• Like 1

You have been warned!

lol, you foglets have been watching all the trailers and breaking that chit down.  I've not watched a single trailer and read anything to even do with the film.  I'm going to that chit to be surprised

• Like 1

lol, you foglets have been watching all the trailers and breaking that chit down.  I've not watched a single trailer and read anything to even do with the film.  I'm going to that chit to be surprised

and they literally won't stop releasing more videos. They've already released 3 more teasers, 30-50 seconds long and only a couple different shots in each of them, but not having any self-control, I watched them all

I am destined to not watch or look at any new footage/images released until I see the movie

Which also means I need to stay off Youtube. This is gonna be a real struggle

• Like 1

I can't always only fap to pr0n

• Like 2

and they literally won't stop releasing more videos. They've already released 3 more teasers, 30-50 seconds long and only a couple different shots in each of them, but not having any self-control, I watched them all

I am destined to not watch or look at any new footage/images released until I see the movie

Which also means I need to stay off Youtube. This is gonna be a real struggle

I can't always only fap to pr0n

• Like 2