Photo

KingNothing's Star Wars Thread

• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Thoughts on the Episode 8 title "The Last Jedi"?

1. Love it (5 votes [26.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

2. Hate it (1 votes [5.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

3. Meh (6 votes [31.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

4. A title is a title (7 votes [36.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#501 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:00 AM

You didn't have to leave it on, chit downloads in the background son. 

Mine took about 30 minutes, but I live in New England where we have internet speeds for a more civilized age.

hmm seemed to pause the download when i turned it off last time. lol taking advantage of your timezone by sending xbone challenges at 1 AM is one thing but moving to a coast with better signal to get another timezone advantage is tew far

• TheSinisterUrge and 12er™ like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#502 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 19,984 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:52 AM

I cant even pretend to be into this chit as much as you lot but god damn this thread is entertaining and full of lulz.  Thanks, m8s

• TheSinisterUrge likes this

#503 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:02 AM

I cant even pretend to be into this chit as much as you lot but god damn this thread is entertaining and full of lulz.  Thanks, m8s

3rDdSvJ.png

• crangs and TheSinisterUrge like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#504 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 19,984 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

3rDdSvJ.png

lol.  I appreciate the saga but i aint about that life, m8.  I'll voice my opinion but i aint diving too deep into that rabbit hole

#505 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 54,649 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

hmm seemed to pause the download when i turned it off last time. lol taking advantage of your timezone by sending xbone challenges at 1 AM is one thing but moving to a coast with better signal to get another timezone advantage is tew far

The dark side is a pathway to many abilities that  some consider to be unnatural.

• juice64011, Nyte, TheSinisterUrge and 1 other like this

post-406774-0-33798100-1483399020.jpg

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#506 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 24,618 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:52 AM

Kylo would put Maul in a body bag without even breaking a sweat.

You are forgetting one thing. A certain Sober Cuban is cheering for Kylo. Are Kylo's force powers strong enough to overcome the Sober curse? I don't think so.
  • sobercuban, TheSinisterUrge and Rustled_Jimmy like this

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion
Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion

#507 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 54,649 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:59 AM

You are forgetting one thing. A certain Sober Cuban is cheering for Kylo. Are Kylo's force powers strong enough to overcome the Sober curse? I don't think so.

Maul is a big enough can to lose to just about anyone. He was still youthful and got bodied by dementia ridden hermit Obi-Wan.

Kylo is arguably more powerful than Vader. He can stop a blaster bolt in mid-air, Vader could only stop them with his bare hand.

Anakin maybe could have been more powerful had he never gotten **** up on Mustafar, but he was much weaker as Vader. That said, Maul would get rag-dolled by Vader. 

• juice64011, Nyte, sobercuban and 1 other like this

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#508 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 54,649 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

lol.  I appreciate the saga but i aint about that life, m8.  I'll voice my opinion but i aint diving too deep into that rabbit hole

Philistine. 

• crangs, juice64011 and TheSinisterUrge like this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#509 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 24,618 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

Maul is a big enough can to lose to just about anyone. He was still youthful and got bodied by dementia ridden hermit Obi-Wan.

Kylo is arguably more powerful than Vader. He can stop a blaster bolt in mid-air, Vader could only stop them with his bare hand.

Anakin maybe could have been more powerful had he never gotten **** up on Mustafar, but he was much weaker as Vader. That said, Maul would get rag-dolled by Vader.

Vader would put Kylo over his knee and spank him like Couture did to Tito.
  • crangs, Nyte, TheSinisterUrge and 2 others like this

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion
Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion

#510 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 19,984 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

kylo would bend over and spread cheek for vader in his fangirl daze

Edited by crangs, 10 October 2017 - 06:27 PM.

• juice64011, Nyte, TheSinisterUrge and 1 other like this

#511 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 54,649 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:07 AM

You guys think Kylo is weak because he lost to Rey, or in other words, because you are ignorant hillbillies. 

For one, Kylo was weakened after killing Han. He thought it would make him stronger, but it did the opposite which is confirmed in the novelization.

He then got shot by Chewie with the bowcaster which literally ragdolls stormtroopers. The fact that he walked that off is a sign of how powerful he was. 

Lastly, he wasn't trying to kill Rey. He was intrigued by her and wanted to make her his apprentice. He wasn't trying to win the fight and he got caught off guard at the end.

It's also worth mentioning that in the novelization when Kylo is on the ground, Snoke is telling Rey to kill him through telepathy. I expect he'll be switching sides at the end of 8.

Edited by 12er™, 10 October 2017 - 11:07 AM.

• juice64011, sobercuban and TheSinisterUrge like this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#512 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:12 AM

This was the only good thing Ren has ever done in his career.

• crangs and TheSinisterUrge like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#513 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

m2dnPeJpfMARe9SNTwwd7oXlD6JOh3FhjVSBpSKH

• juice64011 and TheSinisterUrge like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#514 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 54,649 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

m2dnPeJpfMARe9SNTwwd7oXlD6JOh3FhjVSBpSKH

Fake news.

There's no way the scene where Rey says that and Kylo offers his hand to someone are the same scene.

They are honey d1cking you.

• Nyte, sobercuban, TheSinisterUrge and 1 other like this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#515 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,673 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

Fake news.

There's no way the scene where Rey says that and Kylo offers his hand to someone are the same scene.

I've watched the trailer several times and yeah, I don't think they are the same scene.  

• Nyte, TheSinisterUrge and Jolldan like this

post-406774-0-12678100-1439418105.gif

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#516 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

Fake news.

There was a lot of misdirection fukery in that trailer but even tho those scenes dont match up, that offer from Kylo was still probably to Rey or Luke. Im not buying anymore wolf tickets till the movie comes out. I still remember the nerdgin rustle from TFA and RO convincing everybody that Fin was a Jedi and Jyn was joining the Republic.
  • Nyte and TheSinisterUrge like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#517 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:53 PM

That little split second shot of the electricity reflecting off Phasma's chrome armour looks amazing.

2546174077e246be.gif

I've watched the trailer several times and yeah, I don't think they are the same scene.  

Yeah it looks like there are a lot of embers in the air in Kylo's scene and none in Rey's

• Nyte, sobercuban and TheSinisterUrge like this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#518 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 54,649 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:51 AM

There was a lot of misdirection fukery in that trailer but even tho those scenes dont match up, that offer from Kylo was still probably to Rey or Luke. Im not buying anymore wolf tickets till the movie comes out. I still remember the nerdgin rustle from TFA and RO convincing everybody that Fin was a Jedi and Jyn was joining the Republic.

If Kylo does team up with Rey, it will be his redemption, not her fall.

It would be hilarious if Rey did turn to the darkside though, just for the rustle from feminists that they finally get a strong female lead in star wars and she turns evil. I don't think Disney has the balls. Rogue one was dark, but they don't have the stones to go full Order 66.

plUr2WC.gif

• TheSinisterUrge, Rustled_Jimmy and Jolldan like this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#519 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 54,649 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:07 AM

The AT-AT's look tiny next to the FO Gorilla walkers.

BvJ7P6I.jpg

Edited by 12er™, 11 October 2017 - 01:07 AM.

• TheSinisterUrge and Jolldan like this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#520 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:27 AM

The AT-AT's look tiny next to the FO Gorilla walkers.

BvJ7P6I.jpg

Nice to see the AT-AT's have had an upgrade. Although if I was the Rebels I would just stay up on that mountain AT-AT's weren't ever known for there maneuverability lol would be hilarious to see them try and climb.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#521 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:16 AM

My final theory

Rey was put on Jakku by Snoke or a dark sider to bring her up the same way as Anakin, a slave. To make sure she would turn and be too old (to stay light) to start her Jedi training by the time the Jedi or the Resistance found her. I also don't think Kylo killed Han. I think Han turned on the lightsaber to kill himself cause he thought it actually would "help him" and I think it will. Ren doesn't kill Leia. They give her a proper send off. Snoke lures Rey, abandoning both Kylo and Luke. The scene where Kylo is reaching out is to help Luke out of the rubble. Jimmies will be rustled until episode 9 where Luke lets Snoke kill him like Obi Wan did Darth and Rey and Kylo team up to kill Snoke. 

conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#522 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,673 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

That little split second shot of the electricity reflecting off Phasma's chrome armour looks amazing.

2546174077e246be.gif

Yeah it looks like there are a lot of embers in the air in Kylo's scene and none in Rey's

yeah my thought as well.  

#523 Nyte

Nyte

Nyte 3:16

• Free
  • 22,904 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:05 PM

Trailer was amazing but I think there's a lot of misdirection in it. The whole "Kylo killing his mom" is a big one; if you look at the shot when it pans in to Leia, you'll notice people behind her just casually walking around. Don't think people would be casually walking around whilst being attacked

And the end with Kylo/Rey could very well be two different scenes. Either way it's fooking amazing. I can't wait

I bought tickets for opening day for a 12pm afternoon show considering I'll be in peak at Amazon and will basically get off work around 7AM that Friday and most likely just stay up due to sheer excitement

Edited by Nyte, 11 October 2017 - 01:06 PM.

• TheSinisterUrge and Rustled_Jimmy like this

Team Amazin'

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

2013 Thread of the Year Winner

#524 Nyte

Nyte

• Free
  • 22,904 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

Also what the **** EA?! Beta was supposed to close at midnight tonight (3AM EDT Thursday) and it's already unavailable to me :(

So damn sad
  • TheSinisterUrge and Rustled_Jimmy like this

Team Amazin'

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

#525 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

Also what the **** EA?! Beta was supposed to close at midnight tonight (3AM EDT Thursday) and it's already unavailable to me :(

So damn sad

conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#526 Nyte

Nyte

• Free
  • 22,904 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

Kylo would put Maul in a body bag without even breaking a sweat.

^This

I don't know about Kylo being more powerful than Vader, but in TFA he's definitely not on his level, I think that was confirmed when Rey mind fooked him of "being afraid he will never be as powerful as Darth Vader" so even Kylo at this point knows he's not on the same level (yet).

I'm thinking Snoke goes after Rey in 8 and abandons Kylo. Han told him in 7, "Snoke is using you for your powers, when he gets what he wants, he'll crush you."--could very well be referring to capturing Rey and recruiting her.

I'm more intrigued by Kylo's storyline in this new trilogy than Rey's, although she has a good storyline going for her too with a lot of mystery surrounding her

lol

2546174077e246be.gif

Good to see Phasma will be in action instead of just standing around and getting thrown in trash compactors!

My final theory

Rey was put on Jakku by Snoke or a dark sider to bring her up the same way as Anakin, a slave. To make sure she would turn and be too old (to stay light) to start her Jedi training by the time the Jedi or the Resistance found her. I also don't think Kylo killed Han. I think Han turned on the lightsaber to kill himself cause he thought it actually would "help him" and I think it will. Ren doesn't kill Leia. They give her a proper send off. Snoke lures Rey, abandoning both Kylo and Luke. The scene where Kylo is reaching out is to help Luke out of the rubble. Jimmies will be rustled until episode 9 where Luke lets Snoke kill him like Obi Wan did Darth and Rey and Kylo team up to kill Snoke. 

-I don't think Han turned the lightsaber on. In that scene, you have the "light" shining on both of them, Kylo is genuinely conflicted and it looks like there's a glimmer of hope of him turning back. When the clouds cover the light and the room goes dark, I'm pretty sure that's a metaphor for Kylo's decision there, so I don't think Han killed himself.

-Kylo could very well be offering his hand to Luke, but I think that scene with Luke in the rubble in from the destruction of his academy so basically a flashback scene

-I agree with your previous post of some "I am your father" plot twist happening in this movie. There's even more questions to be answered. Also I realized they didn't show Benicio Del Toro's character in the trailer either and tbh honest after watching the trailer I totally forgot about him. I wonder what type of role he will have and potentially he was one of the men who assisted with placing Rey on Jakku

Team Amazin'

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

#527 Nyte

Nyte

• Free
  • 22,904 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

I honestly think Kylo is one of the better characters Star Wars has created. After watching TFA and this trailer, you see there's still a lot of conflict in him. I don't necessarily think he'll be redeemed, I think he'll be more of a gray character by the end of the trilogy.

I'm really interested to see a flashback scene of him meeting Snoke and how he turned. How he got Vader's mask. The part in the TFA when he's talking to Vader's mask asking to "show him the power of the dark side again"...I'm assuming the first time he encountered Vader's mask it triggered a force vision for him and it showed him the power of Vader or the Emperor or maybe just The Empire in general. That would be a badass flashback scene.

I'm hoping we get more exposure to the Knights of Ren too.

Team Amazin'

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

#528 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

^This

I don't know about Kylo being more powerful than Vader, but in TFA he's definitely not on his level, I think that was confirmed when Rey mind fooked him of "being afraid he will never be as powerful as Darth Vader" so even Kylo at this point knows he's not on the same level (yet).

I'm thinking Snoke goes after Rey in 8 and abandons Kylo. Han told him in 7, "Snoke is using you for your powers, when he gets what he wants, he'll crush you."--could very well be referring to capturing Rey and recruiting her.

I'm more intrigued by Kylo's storyline in this new trilogy than Rey's, although she has a good storyline going for her too with a lot of mystery surrounding her

lol

Good to see Phasma will be in action instead of just standing around and getting thrown in trash compactors!

-I don't think Han turned the lightsaber on. In that scene, you have the "light" shining on both of them, Kylo is genuinely conflicted and it looks like there's a glimmer of hope of him turning back. When the clouds cover the light and the room goes dark, I'm pretty sure that's a metaphor for Kylo's decision there, so I don't think Han killed himself.

-Kylo could very well be offering his hand to Luke, but I think that scene with Luke in the rubble in from the destruction of his academy so basically a flashback scene

-I agree with your previous post of some "I am your father" plot twist happening in this movie. There's even more questions to be answered. Also I realized they didn't show Benicio Del Toro's character in the trailer either and tbh honest after watching the trailer I totally forgot about him. I wonder what type of role he will have and potentially he was one of the men who assisted with placing Rey on Jakku

Good catch. tbf I thought Fin was a Jedi and that the Rogue One crew would become the Knights of Ren so i never said i was good at this chit. I got all the symbolism with the lighting in the Kylo/Han scene and maybe it's the Han/Greedo debate of the new trilogy but I think Kylo has more than one moment of Vader like redemption and comes back to the light. All the conspiracy theories and expectations left me rustled after TFA so i'm gonna go in open minded and ready for Darth Jar Jar. 

conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#529 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

Interesting cut out

76XPip3.jpg

• the_enigma and SVTContour98 like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#530 Nyte

Nyte

• Free
  • 22,904 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

Interesting cut out

76XPip3.jpg

Luke finna force choke more mofos
  • SVTContour98 and Rustled_Jimmy like this

Team Amazin'

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

#531 the_enigma

the_enigma
  • Moderators
  • 22,449 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

My final theory

Rey was put on Jakku by Snoke or a dark sider to bring her up the same way as Anakin, a slave. To make sure she would turn and be too old (to stay light) to start her Jedi training by the time the Jedi or the Resistance found her. I also don't think Kylo killed Han. I think Han turned on the lightsaber to kill himself cause he thought it actually would "help him" and I think it will. Ren doesn't kill Leia. They give her a proper send off. Snoke lures Rey, abandoning both Kylo and Luke. The scene where Kylo is reaching out is to help Luke out of the rubble. Jimmies will be rustled until episode 9 where Luke lets Snoke kill him like Obi Wan did Darth and Rey and Kylo team up to kill Snoke.

Luke grew up in a desert **** hole and turned out ok. Anakin even had his real mother, luke didn’t have his parents. Don’t see how banishing rey would increase their chances of turning her later if they just guided her to the dark side from the outset... that is, if they identified her force potential very early on as you suggest.

conair.gif?w=780

^ I agree.

2013 predictions league champion
Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
Last one to post wins winner x2
Survivor Series VIII - Sole survivor.

#532 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:18 AM

Man people seem to be really freaking out over that Porg thing. They either love it or say its going to ruin the movie lol its on screen for like half a second haha.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#533 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 19,984 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:20 AM

They're gonna turn star wars into a love story between Ren and Rey and rustle all the fans...   :ph34r:

• Rustled_Jimmy and Jolldan like this

#534 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:21 AM

They're gonna turn star wars into a love story between Ren and Rey and rustle all the fans...   :ph34r:

Watched a few reactions to the trailers and even though I think its just been edited to look that way the scene at the end where Ren offers Rey his hand has got people so triggered lol.

• crangs likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#535 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:34 AM

Luke grew up in a desert **** hole and turned out ok..

Dat was da seed
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#536 Nyte

Nyte

• Free
  • 22,904 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:03 AM

How bout that Han Solo movie title finally being revealed?!?! DID NOT see that coming!!

Who would have known, a standalone film based on Han Solo would be called Solo. I mean, wow, I am just blown away

• the_enigma, SVTContour98 and Rustled_Jimmy like this

Team Amazin'

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

#537 the_enigma

the_enigma
  • Moderators
  • 22,449 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:57 AM

How bout that Han Solo movie title finally being revealed?!?! DID NOT see that coming!!

Who would have known, a standalone film based on Han Solo would be called Solo. I mean, wow, I am just blown away

I won’t be watching that one.
  • SVTContour98, sobercuban and Rustled_Jimmy like this

conair.gif?w=780

^ I agree.

2013 predictions league champion
Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
Last one to post wins winner x2
Survivor Series VIII - Sole survivor.

#538 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:10 AM

I won’t be watching that one.

You just know a movie is going to be groundbreaking with a title as creative as Solo: A Star Wars Story

HTTP2ZpbG1za3JpYmVudGVuLmRrL3dwLWNvbnRlb

• SVTContour98 and Nyte like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#539 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:05 AM

Casting a guy who's 27 to reprise the role in a prequel of a guy who was in his early 30s in the original is like casting Bob Saget to do the inner monologue voice over for a guy whose already a full grown adult in How I Met Your Mother. Like the guys an adult. Why does he have another adults voice narrating...

• amunera and Jolldan like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#540 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

Casting a guy who's 27 to reprise the role in a prequel of a guy who was in his early 30s in the original is like casting Bob Saget to do the inner monologue voice over for a guy whose already a full grown adult in How I Met Your Mother. Like the guys an adult. Why does he have another adults voice narrating...

Got to agree this dudes already kind of bordering how old Ford looked in New Hope.

Taron Egerton would have been a much better casting.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#541 Nyte

Nyte

• Free
  • 22,904 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

You just know a movie is going to be groundbreaking with a title as creative as Solo: A Star Wars Story

HTTP2ZpbG1za3JpYmVudGVuLmRrL3dwLWNvbnRlb

Pepper your angus for some cringeworthy one-liners

*Shoots someone ded"...."I always shoot first"

Team Amazin'

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

#542 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 50,597 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

You have to give these honkeys a visual aid.

Tha dopest

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster

#543 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted Yesterday, 06:12 AM

Maybe the first theory with some actual substance behind it. Somebody pointed out Luke being in the background of the new poster and how almost every other SW poster has had the dark side in the back ground. 

conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#544 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted Yesterday, 06:42 AM

jnnUBQG207Ys-vZktEplQstU-mY_OyPdYUQb0ijU

conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#545 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,673 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted Yesterday, 06:57 AM

Maybe the first theory with some actual substance behind it. Somebody pointed out Luke being in the background of the new poster and how almost every other SW poster has had the dark side in the back ground. 

I wonder if they are brave enough to turn Luke in to the villain 

#546 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 19,984 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:14 AM

that would be brilliant, lol. Sooooo many dreams would be crushed
  • the_enigma, sobercuban, amunera and 2 others like this

#547 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,673 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted Yesterday, 07:19 AM

that would be brilliant, lol. Sooooo many dreams would be crushed

it really would ..... 

#548 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 54,649 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted Yesterday, 12:26 PM

They absolutely should not do that. It negates his entire character arc in the original trilogy.

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#549 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,673 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted Yesterday, 12:35 PM

They absolutely should not do that. It negates his entire character arc in the original trilogy.

Duly noted.  I'd still rather see heel Luke, or conflicted Luke at a minimum.  

#550 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,985 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted Yesterday, 12:38 PM

I think Disney proved they give zero fooks about George's vision in ep. 7 m7. 

giphy.gif

• juice64011, Nyte, sobercuban and 1 other like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4