Sign in to follow this  
El_Cromo

anyone on here play any instruments?

I used to play the guitar and the ukulele when i was a kid but wouldn't have a clue where to start now. i was thinking about picking the guitar back up, so anyone else here play any musical instruments?

• Like 4

I can play the guitar and the bass.  I'm not really good but I can play enough to jam with friends and it not sound terrible.  

I've always wanted to be able to play the drums but I can't do different things with my hands and feet at the same time.  My feet will start doing what my hands are doing or vice versa.  

• Like 4

I can play the guitar and the bass.  I'm not really good but I can play enough to jam with friends and it not sound terrible.  

I've always wanted to be able to play the drums but I can't do different things with my hands and feet at the same time.  My feet will start doing what my hands are doing or vice versa.  

Thats awesome, I'd just like to get to that level really where I can have a bit of a jam and not be terrible. I'm the same too mate, my hands and feet just end up doing the same thing. How long you been playing the guitar and bass for?

• Like 3

Thats awesome, I'd just like to get to that level really where I can have a bit of a jam and not be terrible. I'm the same too mate, my hands and feet just end up doing the same thing. How long you been playing the guitar and bass for?

Bass for like 11 years and guitar for 19.  I haven't played in a long time, years.  I'm sure I'm terrible now.  

When I was in my early 20s me and my roommates had a 'jam room' where we could just go and play loud as ****.  I usually played bass in those sessions because one of my roommates was far better at playing.  We didn't sound terrible but it really helped that the two guys that would play the drums were really ****ing good at it.  

• Like 4

Bass for like 11 years and guitar for 19.  I haven't played in a long time, years.  I'm sure I'm terrible now.  

When I was in my early 20s me and my roommates had a 'jam room' where we could just go and play loud as ****.  I usually played bass in those sessions because one of my roommates was far better at playing.  We didn't sound terrible but it really helped that the two guys that would play the drums were really ****ing good at it.  

Thats awesome, I played the guitar from being about 5 to about 10 then gave it up, played about with the ukulele too for about the same time period. I never got good as I didn't really practice as much as I should have but I could play along to a few easy songs. Like I said though I wouldn't even know where to begin now, I'd have to start from scratch again, but I'd love to pick it back up. 

• Like 4

Thats awesome, I played the guitar from being about 5 to about 10 then gave it up, played about with the ukulele too for about the same time period. I never got good as I didn't really practice as much as I should have but I could play along to a few easy songs. Like I said though I wouldn't even know where to begin now, I'd have to start from scratch again, but I'd love to pick it back up. 

Honestly the last time I played a stringed instrument was a ukulele several years ago.  I played it like a guitar though lol.  

• Like 4

I had piano lessons for a long time as a kid because my parents made me, and a little guitar.

But I found both to be a little bit of a pain in the ****, and not something I wanted to have in my life every week.

• Like 4

The first instrument I ever learned how to play was the Xylophone for school. First song was the one for the Olympics then I never went back. Who plays that anyways?

Guitar came next. My dad played on it a bit and got me interested so I copied him and learned a few. I also grew up with my grandparents very actively in my life so I started watching old stuff, to me anyways, like Elvis play too. 

Lastly, was the piano. I seem to like it the most. I got hooked at my dad's second wedding on a song a guy was playing. Years later I found out it was "Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire" by Jerry Lee Lewis. Jerry Lee was not the one playing at my dad's wedding, btw. After that I started to like a lot of his songs, still do, and some older piano stuff. Its not uncommon for me to listen to some Dragon Force then switch over to Ludwig Von Beethoveen. I think I just developed a taste for my time and the oldies due to my parents and grandparents being around so much.

I would say I currently can not play any instruments do to massive inactivity, and me being lazy. Unless I count playing my wife's **** like a fiddle.

Edited by GoToGuy
  • Like 3

The first instrument I ever learned how to play was the Xylophone for school. First song was the one for the Olympics then I never went back. Who plays that anyways?

Guitar came next. My dad played on it a bit and got me interested so I copied him and learned a few. I also grew up with my grandparents very actively in my life so I started watching old stuff, to me anyways, like Elvis play too. 

Lastly, was the piano. I seem to like it the most. I got hooked at my dad's second wedding on a song a guy was playing. Years later I found out it was "Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire" by Jerry Lee Lewis. Jerry Lee was not the one playing at my dad's wedding, btw. After that I started to like a lot of his songs, still do, and some older piano stuff. Its not uncommon for me to listen to some Dragon Force then switch over to Ludwig Von Beethoveen. I think I just developed a taste for my time and the oldies due to my parents and grandparents being around so much.

I would say I currently can not play any instruments do to massive inactivity, and me being lazy. Unless I count playing my wife's **** like a fiddle.

The piano is always something I've been interested in, but it's just always baffled me a bit and I'm not sure I could pick it up very well, but I'd love to be able to play it, like you said, so many different styles can be played on it.

• Like 3

alright alright calm down Justin Bieber haha, I'm only kidding mate, thats awesome.

lol funny thing is i can actually play more but it sounds pretentious lol
  • Like 2

The piano is always something I've been interested in, but it's just always baffled me a bit and I'm not sure I could pick it up very well, but I'd love to be able to play it, like you said, so many different styles can be played on it.

It's really just memory to be honest. After a while, your hands just kind of do the work for you without you thinking. I struggled with it at first when I was kid. I was about 8 or so and my hands weren't big enough to hit the keys that were so far apart. After I got bigger I really started to enjoy it.

Reminds me, the last song I learned was a friend who taught me the theme song to "Halloween", the horror movie, and I would play that at my friend's house and his parents would always get irritated.

• Like 3

lol funny thing is i can actually play more but it sounds pretentious lol

lol not pretentious at all mate, come on, what else can you play? 

Edited by El_Cromo
  • Like 3

lol not pretentious at all mate, come on, what else can you play?

sax, clarinet and some basic chit on a flute. Spent a good decade teaching myself to play every instryment i could get my hands on.
  • Like 3

I can read music easily but it's a wasted talent as I didnt do anything with it after high school...can play percussion, most woodwinds and most brass instruments. Just comes to me naturally. Tenor sax was my specialty but loved French Horn/Mellophone the most. What bugs me the most - no joke - is that I'd love to play acoustic guitar/banjo, violin and piano...but have no talent for any of those.

I've now got the banjo theme to 'Scrubs' going through my head. I always thought that was one of the best TV themes ever.

Edited by Joby
  • Like 3

Yes, can play bass, guitar, drums and a little piano.

I can only play a regular sized piano and on said piano can only play about 2/3 or chopsticks

• Like 3

Used to play the drums when I was about 10-14, stopped playing cos I was too busy with school and rugby. Played guitar for about 2 years a while back then I just got lazy, I plan on gettin back into that very soon though.

I am pretty dope at the triangle though...

• Like 3

The wife had gotten me an acoustic guitar for Christmas last year. At the time, I wished I could get some time off to focus on it. I got my wish with six months on the shelf, but my neck and arm were too knackered to even pick the damn thing up.

• Like 1