Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Angry Mark Hunt

Poor Mark the fight with Lesnar stopped his win streak and also stopped all fights in the foreseeable future for Mark until he and the ufc can reach some sort of agreement  (which doesn't look to be any closer to completion)

This isn't about that.

The latest to get a tongue lashing from Mark Hunt is businessman Sir Peter Leitch.

Sir Peter, 72, has been accused of racism over a conversation he had with Lara Wharepapa-Bridger, 23, on Waiheke Island yesterday at Stonyridge Vineyard.

Ms Wharepapa-Bridger posted a video to Facebook where she said Sir Peter had told her it was a "white man's island" and that she should get off it".

Sir Peter disputes that, saying the meaning had been misconstrued but Ms Wharepapa-Bridger said she was strongly offended.

"I was joking with her group about not drinking too much because there were lots of police on the island," he said.

"She said that she was tangata whenua and could do what she liked, and I responded with a joke about it being a white man's island also.

Hunt today added to the accusations, saying he also met Sir Peter at a Warriors game, where Sir Peter asked him "who was the other coconut you fought before?" referring to Hunt's fight against Ray Sefo.

"He called me a friggin coconut ... you think I'm going to not forget that," Hunt said.

You only have to check out Mark's facebook to see multiple rants about this. Does this really seem racist? (I mean what the guy is supposed to have done to the lady not what he supposedly said to Hunt)

Also could are resident Australians let me know if there's any back story of racism on this guy? You must know you stay right next door lol.

Edited by Jolldan

I thought they just announced his next fight against Overoid

This was straight from his page don't know if they came to some agreement but this is from his page from the 30th December

@Alistairovereem hey bruv I wanna fight 209 but would need a clause put in we both agree if one guy is cheating then he forfeits purse dm me since UFC won't do anything about it I have no choice but to seek my own way

Edited by Jolldan

Poor Mark the fight with Lesnar stopped his win streak and also stopped all fights in the foreseeable future for Mark until he and the ufc can reach some sort of agreement  (which doesn't look to be any closer to completion)

This isn't about that.

The latest to get a tongue lashing from Mark Hunt is businessman Sir Peter Leitch.

Sir Peter, 72, has been accused of racism over a conversation he had with Lara Wharepapa-Bridger, 23, on Waiheke Island yesterday at Stonyridge Vineyard.

Ms Wharepapa-Bridger posted a video to Facebook where she said Sir Peter had told her it was a "white man's island" and that she should get off it".

Sir Peter disputes that, saying the meaning had been misconstrued but Ms Wharepapa-Bridger said she was strongly offended.

"I was joking with her group about not drinking too much because there were lots of police on the island," he said.

"She said that she was tangata whenua and could do what she liked, and I responded with a joke about it being a white man's island also.

Hunt today added to the accusations, saying he also met Sir Peter at a Warriors game, where Sir Peter asked him "who was the other coconut you fought before?" referring to Hunt's fight against Ray Sefo.

"He called me a friggin coconut ... you think I'm going to not forget that," Hunt said.

You only have to check out Mark's facebook to see multiple rants about this. Does this really seem racist? (I mean what the guy is supposed to have done to the lady not what he supposedly said to Hunt)

Also could are resident Australians let me know if there's any back story of racism on this guy? You must know you stay right next door lol.

hes not racist he just shoots from the hip like any good bastard and doesn't have much of a filter.

He is the major sponsor and biggest fan of the Warriors NRL team which are all coconuts so no he is not racist.

LMFAO! That might be the funniest remark i've heard in a long time. Called him a coconut. Maybe i just don't know but i don't even find that particularly racists or mean. It's kinda playful actually. It's like calling a Hawaiian a pineapple or a spam. bahahaha

I love Mark but he is WAY too easily rustled. 

• Like 1

LMFAO! That might be the funniest remark i've heard in a long time. Called him a coconut. Maybe i just don't know but i don't even find that particularly racists or mean. It's kinda playful actually. It's like calling a Hawaiian a pineapple or a spam. bahahaha

I love Mark but he is WAY too easily rustled. 

Calling someone a coconut is a little bit like calling someone an Uncle Tom as coconuts are brown on the outside, white on the inside.

Not sure how your average black American would react to being called an Uncle Tom, but I'm guessing Hunt's reaction is no different.

Calling someone a coconut is a little bit like calling someone an Uncle Tom as coconuts are brown on the outside, white on the inside.

Not sure how your average black American would react to being called an Uncle Tom, but I'm guessing Hunt's reaction is no different.

Lol pretty sure DC has been called an Uncle Tom on live TV and in numerous interviews. It's really not much of an insult unless you want to be super PC

• Like 2

Lol pretty sure DC has been called an Uncle Tom on live TV and in numerous interviews. It's really not much of an insult unless you want to be super PC

I dunno, no-one uses that term over here.  

I was trying to contextualise it for a transatlantic audience!

If you went up to Carnages in the street and called him an Uncle Tom wouldn't he head-butt you?

Ok thanks for the explanation. That's the first time i've heard that slur tbh honest. I wasn't thinking of it as a pigment race based remark more of a tropical culture kinda thing and may a fat joke since coconuts are round and so are Samoans. Hunt seems to h8 white people so much it's the most offensive thing in the world to him to be called white on the inside. lol Maybe he should stop hating whitey soo much and stop being a hypocrite. 

If you know who you are and you're secure there is no need to get offended by stuff like that. I probably would have kept it playful and tossed in an old cracker joke back at that guy. lol

• Like 2

Ok thanks for the explanation. That's the first time i've heard that slur tbh honest. I wasn't thinking of it as a pigment race based remark more of a tropical culture kinda thing and may a fat joke since coconuts are round and so are Samoans. Hunt seems to h8 white people so much it's the most offensive thing in the world to him to be called white on the inside. lol Maybe he should stop hating whitey soo much and stop being a hypocrite. 

If you know who you are and you're secure there is no need to get offended by stuff like that. I probably would have kept it playful and tossed in an old cracker joke back at that guy. lol

TBH honest, it probably was less offensive back in that old bloke's day.  It seems anything can get labelled "casual racism" these days.  I've read Hunt's auto-biography, and he comes across as a real nice guy....very troubled in his younger years, but a pretty mellow dude.  The Lesnar thing seems to have pushed him over the edge a bit.

You're thinking of oreo not uncle tom you tea drinking chips eating soccer loving foreigner.

hereby suspended a fortnight from any attempts to talk Murican

• Like 1

You're thinking of oreo not uncle tom you tea drinking chips eating soccer loving foreigner.

hereby suspended a fortnight from any attempts to talk Murican

I thought an Oreo was a mixed person

btw if your opponent gets 20% of your purse when you miss weight he has to get more than that it you're on roids.

Hunt should get Lesnar's whole purse for that fight - or maybe the whole purse less expenses. 

I did wonder if they're was maybe some context like you've all said calling someone a coconut doesn't sound racist but could easy have some specific relevance here different kind of stuff like that all over the world.

Btw hunt was the one calling lesnar a white piece of ****. Sounds more racist then calling someone a coconut

I'm white and I'm pretty confident their is no racist things you can say that hurt white people lol.

Cracker or Honky ouch lol

I did wonder if they're was maybe some context like you've all said calling someone a coconut doesn't sound racist but could easy have some specific relevance here different kind of stuff like that all over the world.

I'm white and I'm pretty confident their is no racist things you can say that hurt white people lol.

Cracker or Honky ouch lol

Exactly these other races need to get over it

Coconut is a common name for any blocky islanders. Samoans, Maoris etc It's also nothing like uncle tom, the white inside etc has nothing to do with it. It's literally just a name, no hidden meaning or ulterior motive.

Like kiwi is a name for New Zealanders, etc.

Mark is being more and more of a bish all the time.

And that lady... she instigated that banter, if she can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen.

• Like 2

Fixed.

Mate calling an islander coconut is the equivalent of calling one of your black homies a n*****. Not cool. I know you wouldn't realise that but it's pretty offensive

• Like 1

Coconut is a common name for any blocky islanders. Samoans, Maoris etc It's also nothing like uncle tom, the white inside etc has nothing to do with it. It's literally just a name, no hidden meaning or ulterior motive.

Like kiwi is a name for New Zealanders, etc.

Mark is being more and more of a bish all the time.

And that lady... she instigated that banter, if she can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen.

You think? I worked in PNG for 3 months and if I called one a coconut I'd not have made it back alive. I put it along the lines of kaffer

• Like 3

I dunno, no-one uses that term over here.  

I was trying to contextualise it for a transatlantic audience!

If you went up to Carnages in the street and called him an Uncle Tom wouldn't he head-butt you?

Carnages is whiter than HNIC.

• Like 2

Mate calling an islander coconut is the equivalent of calling one of your black homies a n*****. 

No, it's really not though. You might be able to argue that it's along the line of calling one a monkey, but Mark Hunt is the same guy who used the phrase "white piece of ****", so he can kiss my white ****.

• Like 2

Well looks like you guys were right Mark has signed to fight Alistair Overeem but he's still really not happy.

Mark Hunt: I had to accept Alistair Overeem fight rather than ‘let my family starve’

"Think it from my position, I had no other option,” Hunt said on Thursday. “I can't work anywhere else so what am I supposed to do — let my family starve?”

"They (dopers) should be struck from the records and taken everything off them,” Hunt said. “They don't deserve to get a cent. This sport is already harsh enough as it is. When you add in steroid use it makes it even worse.

“In six months I've already missed out on a couple of fights, I've already missed out on a couple million dollars,"  Hunt said

… ”At the end of the day I've stuck to my word. I've got no option, I'm in a contract that I can't get out of."

"All the doors I've gone through are closed and it's not like I can go and work somewhere else. Ages ago I was gladly ready to walk away and work somewhere else but they wouldn't allow it.”

Mark signed a new 6 fight deal before the Lesnar fight so if he wants out of this he's going to have 4 more fights after the fight with Overeem.

Edited by Jolldan

No, it's really not though. You might be able to argue that it's along the line of calling one a monkey, but Mark Hunt is the same guy who used the phrase "white piece of ****", so he can kiss my white ****.

when he starts using the W word its on.

The drama continues lol

Mark Hunt threatens to sue Alistair Overeem if UFC 209 drug test comes back dirty

"I'm not young, I'm 42 years old. In six months I've already missed out on a couple of fights, I've already missed out on a couple million dollars. At the end of the day I've stuck to my word. I've got no option, I'm in a contract that I can't get out of. I had no other option. I can't work anywhere else so what am I supposed to do, let my family starve? Every fighter I fight, if he gets caught through the process then I'll sue him personally. If I don't get help from the company I'll do it myself. They (dopers) should be struck from the records and taken everything off them. They don't deserve to get a cent. This sport is already harsh enough as it is. When you add in steroid use it makes it even worse."

I like Mark Hunt but dude stfu.

You fought in Pride and Japan places so riddled with doping and cheating yet he never said boo **** all then.

I think he was super embarrassed by losing to Brock and he's too deep to turn back

• Like 2