Photo

How Do You Rate Obama

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Obama Rating (15 member(s) have cast votes)

How Good a President was Obama?

1. Top 10 (Lincoln, Washington, Roosevelt the best of the best) (3 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Upper Middle Tier (The Harry S. Truman sort of level. Very good just not quite great enough to reach top 10) (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

3. Lower Middle Tier (Nixon & Ford, guys who have maybe done some good things but that stuff is overshadowed by the bad) (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

4. Bottom Tier (James Buchanan, Franklin Pierce the guys you only remember because they were that bad) (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:35 AM

As Donald Trump's inauguration is just 9 days away I wanted to take a look back at current president Obama. He has always seemed to me like an intelligent passionate guy far from perfect (I mean he's still a politician) but mostly positive. I also realise Im not from the US and my view on this means very little.

So how would you guys rank Obama as a president?

Please leave a comment on how you voted and why.

Edited by Jolldan, 11 January 2017 - 02:55 AM.

• MauroPedrosa likes this

#2 CorporalClegg209

CorporalClegg209
  • Free
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:57 AM

The man made the WHITE HOUSE smell like burnt fried chicken grease and blunts.

Luckily for him King Donald doesn't even plan on living in that dump.

• Bezerker101 likes this

qUDIQwQ.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before

#3 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 19,057 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:25 AM

I r8 him as gr8 8/8 b8, m8
  • amunera, WarWest®, NoCakeForYaya and 1 other like this

#4 xFINISHxHIMx

xFINISHxHIMx

UNDISPUTED EA UFC 2 FORUM CHAMPION

• Free
  • 35,355 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:58 AM

In terms of Coolness #1

• WarWest® likes this

cung-le-ko-rich-franklin.gif

Im not the best, I just believe that I can do things, that people think are impossible.

#5 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 13,135 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:04 AM

I can't answer this honestly w/o getting banned & probably FBI' d -

• Joby and WarWest® like this

#6 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:06 AM

Can people use the poll as well lol

Like I went for upper Middle Tier because yes he has done a lot of good but there are going points where he wasn't great.

Things like Guantaomo Bay, his flip/flop attitude on whistle blowers and the increased the national debt stop me from putting in the top 10

#7 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 13,135 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:18 AM

How about selling 20% of all USA's uranium to Russia & the reset, the Syrian red-line, & the

Iranian nuke deal .. that's more than enough to sink the SS Obama ?

• IrishSemtex likes this

#8 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 34,099 posts
  • LocationBalls deep in Sade

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:14 AM

Barely aight first term. 2nd term meh. 

Things i really didn't like

- NDAA

- NSA spying although i'm kinda cool with this on some level if it does help foil terrorist plots but i just don't like the fact that info and power can so easily be abused and i don't like the FBI etc. coercing people to pretend they're doing a fine outstanding job. 

- Obamacare

- Brutal censorship, lack of transparency & cover-ups with regard to the treatment of the press & whistleblowers

- Fueling and or turning a blind eye to racially charged decisiveness 

- Letting the Feds go gloves off after dispensaries for what basically amounts to a money grab. 

- Moratorium on the gulf

- Weak sauce stance on financial reform & immigration

- Gitmo & even worse on Prisonor release

- Bad handling of Libya, Syria & ISIS

- Allowing no accountability for things like Bengazi & Fast n Furious

Things i did like

- Advocacy for the LGBTQ

- Not always kissing Israel's butt

- Strong move towards clean energy and climate change. 

- Showing a certain dignity & respect for other countries around the world in particular Islamic countries. 

- Strong stance on Terrorism despite people calling him a panderer he didn't fall into the trap being over reactionary further exasperating hatred or over extending us militarily. 

- Generally being a cool customer on most situations even with Reps often obstructing. 

- The Economy despite the mess they were handed they did a fairly good job from what i can tell. Could have been a hell of a lot worse. 

Edited by StompGrind, 11 January 2017 - 06:18 AM.

• WarWest® likes this

#9 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 37,258 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:37 AM

i give him a top rating based on performance

• WarWest® likes this

#10 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 37,258 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:43 AM

also rate him among the best of all speakers to be president. kennedy, clinton, reagan. He's right up there and may become the most important of all ex presidents for his post presidential activities.

it was good to have such an out standing man as our last president. he has done the office proud

• WarWest® likes this

#11 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 34,099 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:48 AM

I can't vote on that pole because i'd rank him somewhere in between upper middle tier and lower middle tier. 

Definitely not terrible as Nixon, Carter etc. but i can't quite call him very good although i do acknowledge all things considered with what he walked into and circumstances that happens he did ok. 

• amunera and WarWest® like this

#12 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:56 AM

I can't vote on that pole because i'd rank him somewhere in between upper middle tier and lower middle tier. 

Definitely not terrible as Nixon, Carter etc. but i can't quite call him very good although i do acknowledge all things considered with what he walked into and circumstances that happens he did ok. 

Another point

Obama was the first president to really have to face the digital age and I don't think we realise just how big a deal that is in the way we view people. I know Bush had to deal with the beginnings of it but it wasn't anywhere near the monster it is now.

Things like Twitter had 18,000,000 users at the of 2009. It was at 317,000,000 a month by the end of 2016.

• UFCCagerattler and WarWest® like this

#13 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 37,258 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:00 AM

Another point

Obama was the first president to really have to face the digital age and I don't think we realise just how big a deal that is in the way we view people. I know Bush had to deal with the beginnings of it but it wasn't anywhere near the monster it is now.

Things like Twitter had 18,000,000 users at the of 2009. It was at 317,000,000 a month by the end of 2016.

I agree. the whole thing with him being a great speaker has to be taken in the context of speaking being a less important thing that it ever has been before. communication has changed and i think Mr Trump is proof of that.

#14 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 34,099 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:16 AM

Another point

I agree with you on the extra scrutiny but as far as my own views i really don't pay attention enough to social media at all. I don't have twitter or facebook or any of that nor do i really look at it much if at all. 

I also don't pay enough attention to the news but the times i do can read between the lines and decipher the BS from the facts so none of the news media had too big of an effect on my views of him or for any previous presidents really. 

I'm not oblivious to news and social media but i guess what i'm saying is i don't fall hook, line and sinker or get emotionally invested over reacting to any of the rhetoric i see in it and i definitely could give zero **** about people's stupid reactions to it. lol

• WarWest® likes this

#15 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:29 AM

What made Carter "terrible",? 

• WarWest® likes this

#16 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 37,258 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:34 AM

Carter was terrible because that was how reagan got elected.

#17 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:40 AM

I agree with you on the extra scrutiny but as far as my own views i really don't pay attention enough to social media at all. I don't have twitter or facebook or any of that nor do i really look at it much if at all. 

I also don't pay enough attention to the news but the times i do can read between the lines and decipher the BS from the facts so none of the news media had too big of an effect on my views of him or for any previous presidents really. 

I'm not oblivious to news and social media but i guess what i'm saying is i don't fall hook, line and sinker or get emotionally invested over reacting to any of the rhetoric i see in it and i definitely could give zero **** about people's stupid reactions to it. lol

Yeah I just think you've probably had more coverage and more chances to be impressed or unimpressed by Obama than any other president.

The whole media thing just got me thinking of our perception of people. JFK for example probably one of usa's 10 most loved presidents ever would you agree? Now he would have been eaten alive and spat out in todays media lol.

#18 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 34,099 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:41 AM

What made Carter "terrible",? 

He was a soft, weak, slack jawed foglet, dirty hippy for one. :P

From what i know about him i honestly think he had very good intent more than most presidents but his policies especially internationally didn't work out so well because he was seen as such a softie. He's kind of universally acknowledged by many as one of our weaker presidents. 

I don't feel like debating it with you because frankly i don't know a lot about him beyond what i've seen on documentaries nor am i that interested in learning about him. 

Edited by StompGrind, 11 January 2017 - 08:42 AM.

• WarWest®, Bezerker101 and Jolldan like this

#19 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:55 AM

From what i know about him i honestly think he had very good intent more than most presidents but his policies especially internationally didn't work out so well because he was seen as such a softie. He's kind of universally acknowledged by many as one of our weaker presidents. 

I don't feel like debating it with you because frankly i don't know a lot about him beyond what i've seen on documentaries nor am i that interested in learning about him. 

Thanks I always wondered why Americans didn't like him since seeing this as a kid lol

• StompGrind, sobercuban and WarWest® like this

#20 SVTContour98

SVTContour98
  • Free
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:10 AM

16003235_737876209694613_145220206075030

• OzPride, WarWest® and Bezerker101 like this

3 Facts Everyone Must Face:

#1 If there is no God, then your life has no objective meaning.

#2 You didn't bring yourself into this World, and you cannot ultimately prevent your Death.

#3 Jesus Existed.

PM to discuss<

#21 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 37,258 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:14 AM

this is fall out from the reagan campaign

its easy to direct America. Reagan was the master. 

#22 the_vagenius

the_vagenius
  • Free
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:25 AM

Id say he was a domestic terrorist, but hes not domestic....
Hes a p.o.s., good riddance to him and his tranny husbandwife predator looking beast.
He was a failure as potus, created huge racial divide, rebirthed taxation without representation, and thankfully buried the democratic party. I hope donald j deports him back to kenya or the Phillipines or wherever he claims to be from, eff him
  • OzPride and Bezerker101 like this

#23 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

P5P Can

• Free
  • 5,305 posts
  • LocationI'm BANT!

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:30 AM

Can you please change the poll to numbers 1-10? The options given are way too limited here
  • sobercuban and Bezerker101 like this

#24 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

P5P Can

• Free
  • 5,305 posts
  • LocationI'm BANT!

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

Overall I would give him a 6 out of 10. Some good some bad, very much a mixed bag. His professionalism and speaking ability puts him up over a 5 imo.

Good:

Released thousands and thousands of non violent drug offenders.

Gay marriage.

Bin laden now dead.

Very presidential.

Red line in syria

Job growth quantity has been stellar.

Deficit has been reduced significantly since bush was in office.

Tougher on Israel and their illegal settlements.

Stronger stance on climate change. (Paris deal for example)

Bad:

Obamacare.

Buffed up the NSA on steroids.

NDAA

We are now involved in 7 different interventions in the middle east.

"Nobel Peace prize winner" issued over 26,000 bomb strikes last year alone.

Middle East is in far worse shape now than it was before.

Horrible cabinet.

Never not once being honest about the danger of radical islam.

Job growth quality has been awful.

Iran deal failure.

Race relations are much much worse now.

Brushing benghazi to the side.

Throwing allies like Ukraine under the bus.

Kissing saudi arabia's behind left and right.

Treatment of heroes such as Snowden and chelsea manning as being terrorists.
  • sobercuban, WarWest® and MauroPedrosa like this

#25 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 34,099 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

Yeah I just think you've probably had more coverage and more chances to be impressed or unimpressed by Obama than any other president.

The whole media thing just got me thinking of our perception of people. JFK for example probably one of usa's 10 most loved presidents ever would you agree? Now he would have been eaten alive and spat out in todays media lol.

I liked JFK. I think he had good intentions but boy did piss off all the wrong powerful people. Betrayed the Mob who he owed through his father in them helping him get elected, Carlos Marcelo one of the most powerful gangsters of the time down in NOLA who he had picked up deported & left for death in south america lol, the military industrial complex wanting to play with their toys in cuba and vietnam, the Russians during the cuban missle crisis, Former CIA Mccone being fired and ironically presided over the warren commission after which is a joke, FBI director Hoover hated the Kennedy's because they wanted to take his power away he was also buddies with the mob. Lyndon Johnson who had interest in Bell Helicopters cough cough Vietnam. Literally everyone powerful wanted him dead. 

You're right though media would have roasted him today on just his affairs alone. 

this is fall out from the reagan campaign

its easy to direct America. Reagan was the master. 

Was definitely a good actor restoring confidence. I think he handled Russia well. Drug policy and ushering in all the deregulation wasn't good in the long run and honestly the Clinton's made both of those worse. 

He's sort of looked at by Rep as a strong leader and champion but i think he was a little over rated like i do the Clintons. 

Edited by StompGrind, 11 January 2017 - 09:49 AM.

• WarWest® likes this

#26 sobercuban

sobercuban

Da Bess

• Moderators
  • 50,949 posts
  • LocationOver, Under, Through

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

Id say he was a domestic terrorist, but hes not domestic....
Hes a p.o.s., good riddance to him and his tranny husbandwife predator looking beast.
He was a failure as potus, created huge racial divide, rebirthed taxation without representation, and thankfully buried the democratic party. I hope donald j deports him back to kenya or the Phillipines or wherever he claims to be from, eff him

0/10

• StompGrind, WarWest® and Bezerker101 like this

post-406774-0-12678100-1439418105.gif

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#27 sobercuban

sobercuban

Da Bess

• Moderators
  • 50,949 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:52 AM

Thanks I always wondered why Americans didn't like him since seeing this as a kid lol

THIS is exactly the clip that made me wonder the same thing 

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

• WarWest® and Jolldan like this

#28 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 37,258 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:58 AM

Overall I would give him a 6 out of 10. 

You'll welch

• WarWest® likes this

#29 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 17,303 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

I liked JFK. I think he had good intentions but boy did piss off all the wrong powerful people. Betrayed the Mob who he owed through his father in them helping him get elected, Carlos Marcelo one of the most powerful gangsters of the time down in NOLA who he had picked up deported & left for death in south america lol, the military industrial complex wanting to play with their toys in cuba and vietnam, the Russians during the cuban missle crisis, Former CIA Mccone being fired and ironically presided over the warren commission after which is a joke, FBI director Hoover hated the Kennedy's because they wanted to take his power away he was also buddies with the mob. Lyndon Johnson who had interest in Bell Helicopters cough cough Vietnam. Literally everyone powerful wanted him dead. 

You're right though media would have roasted him today on just his affairs alone. 

Was definitely a good actor restoring confidence. I think he handled Russia well. Drug policy and ushering in all the deregulation wasn't good in the long run and honestly the Clinton's made both of those worse. 

He's sort of looked at by Rep as a strong leader and champion but i think he was a little over rated like i do the Clintons. 

Reagan was just the actor in front of the cameras, and after he was shot, he was worthless.

• UFCCagerattler and WarWest® like this

#30 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 37,258 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:24 AM

he was always worthless

the reagan presidency is where it all went for a ****

• WarWest® and classicboxer like this

#31 Fred_Flink_Stoned

Fred_Flink_Stoned

FFS

• Free
  • 4,161 posts
  • LocationAmsterdamned

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:24 AM

Idc for anything outside of Europe.

Europicuhhh!
Phew phew!
  • fobar likes this

412886388.jpg

#32 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

P5P Can

• Free
  • 5,305 posts
  • LocationI'm BANT!

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

You'll welch

Actually upon further thought I'd probably have to lower it to a 5, his professional manner keeping him from going down to a 4.

Definitely done more harm than good when you break down the pros and cons.

#33 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,612 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

Overall I would give him a 6 out of 10. Some good some bad, very much a mixed bag. His professionalism and speaking ability puts him up over a 5 imo.

Good:

Released thousands and thousands of non violent drug offenders.

Gay marriage.

Bin laden now dead.

Very presidential.

Red line in syria

Job growth quantity has been stellar.

Deficit has been reduced significantly since bush was in office.

Tougher on Israel and their illegal settlements.

Stronger stance on climate change. (Paris deal for example)

Bad:

Obamacare.

Buffed up the NSA on steroids.

NDAA

We are now involved in 7 different interventions in the middle east.

"Nobel Peace prize winner" issued over 26,000 bomb strikes last year alone.

Middle East is in far worse shape now than it was before.

Horrible cabinet.

Never not once being honest about the danger of radical islam.

Job growth quality has been awful.

Iran deal failure.

Race relations are much much worse now.

Brushing benghazi to the side.

Throwing allies like Ukraine under the bus.

Kissing saudi arabia's behind left and right.

Treatment of heroes such as Snowden and chelsea manning as being terrorists.

This seems fair.

As an outsider that doesn't care too much about politics, Obama always seemed like a very professional guy that knew how to talk to people and be more human than most politicians. He did turn the blind eye to some important issues and was critical in the rise of Donald Trump

• sobercuban and Weidman_The_God like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#34 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 13,135 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:47 PM

16003235_737876209694613_145220206075030

True dat, probably murdered more civilians in 8 yrs (women & children also) than Truman -

#35 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Do you see what happens, Larry?

• Ultimate
  • 40,678 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

250px-Middle_finger_BNC.jpg

On a scale of one to ten: one.

Edited by cashfl0w, 11 January 2017 - 09:09 PM.

• Joby, OzPride, IrishSemtex and 3 others like this
Champion of Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 
UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 24-6-2 (+60)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#36 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:25 AM

Carter was terrible because that was how reagan got elected.

Clinton was terrible because that was how GWB got elected. 

• WarWest® likes this

#37 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 59,010 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:45 AM

obama_goat_by_ritter99-d3elt51.jpg

• WarWest® and chons like this
 conair.gif?w=780

The Chad went outside, got too much sun and burst into flames, igniting the Canadian forested wilderness which is now causing an Eclipse.

lmao! I had that experience once. Light's out, drunk didn't even notice it. When i went to the bathroom i wondered why my mouth tasted like copper. Started brushing my teeth and noticed when i spat out it was red then it hit me. Walked back into the bedroom turned the lights on and there were red finger prints on the wall, sheets were rekt and she was cleaning herself with a towel. I almost got upset at first for not telling me but i was like oh well zero **** given. 

#38 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

obama_goat_by_ritter99-d3elt51.jpg

Racist! 

• fobar and WarWest® like this

#39 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 59,010 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:19 AM

Racist! 

FhDcHJI.gif

• WarWest®, classicboxer and chons like this
 conair.gif?w=780

The Chad went outside, got too much sun and burst into flames, igniting the Canadian forested wilderness which is now causing an Eclipse.

lmao! I had that experience once. Light's out, drunk didn't even notice it. When i went to the bathroom i wondered why my mouth tasted like copper. Started brushing my teeth and noticed when i spat out it was red then it hit me. Walked back into the bedroom turned the lights on and there were red finger prints on the wall, sheets were rekt and she was cleaning herself with a towel. I almost got upset at first for not telling me but i was like oh well zero **** given. 

#40 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:19 AM

FhDcHJI.gif

LOL! Brilliant! 

• fobar and WarWest® like this

#41 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 59,010 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:24 AM

LOL! Brilliant! 

only just seen it, amazin'  :P

• WarWest® and chons like this
 conair.gif?w=780

#42 WarWest®

WarWest®

Triple OG

• Free
  • 59,741 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:49 AM

He's a 10, a ****ing 10!
  • fobar likes this

The Cal Ripken Of GSP Hatin'
Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
The Stockton Hater
209's So Fine

post-406774-0-03315500-1494199077.jpg

#43 I_Take_Roids_m8

I_Take_Roids_m8

Drink it in maaaannnnn

• Free
  • 5,801 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

A race baiting **** sucker.
  • Joby, WarWest®, Bezerker101 and 1 other like this
Belfort/ShoGOD/JDS/Reem/Edgar/Diaz Brothers/Khabib/DC/Arlovski/Killa Gorilla/Oezdemir

#44 sobercuban

sobercuban

Da Bess

• Moderators
  • 50,949 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:53 PM

A race baiting **** sucker.

lol

• WarWest® likes this

#45 CorporalClegg209

CorporalClegg209
  • Free
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:31 AM

The best to ever do it!

He'd knock King Donald out cold, all hands.

• BigDaddyDelta likes this

qUDIQwQ.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before