Your boy Mauro's Podcast, Articles and Videos * NBA Preview ALL 30 TEAMS!! *

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#1 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:05 AM

As some of you know, I've written for 2 websites. 1 in English and 1 in Portuguese, with other friends and acquaintances, but now I'm starting my own website with complete freedom, so I'd appreciate it if you gave it a look and commented, shared, etc.

I'll be writing and making videos about our beloved MMA, Football (Soccer), and Basketball.

--

I won't make a new thread every time. Whenever I have something new I'll post it right here

--

http://immaturesports.com/

youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....KB_r5c7kW3tLbKA

facebook:

https://www.facebook.../immaturesports

twitter:

https://twitter.com/immaturesports

soundcloud link to the podcast:

https://soundcloud.com/immaturesports

Feedback is very much appreciated

Edited by MauroPedrosa, 08 September 2017 - 07:03 PM.

• bigdw35/Ufcfan_1, StompGrind, sobercuban and 9 others like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#2 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:06 AM

1st article on Cristiano Ronaldo's "The Best" Award

http://immaturesport...t-for-the-best/

• classicboxer and Jason_H. like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#3 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:06 AM

1st video on the Warriors vs Cavs regular season encounters

• classicboxer and Jason_H. like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#4 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 24,403 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

You write well. Especially considering it's not your first language.

Have you ended your collaboration with nikki then?
  • TwennyFo, BigDaddyDelta and MauroPedrosa like this

Winning coach of 2016 Camps League - Team FRANKLIN

Chief of the Rich "Ace" Franklin fan-club

Founder of the welcoming/rehabillitation team

rich-franklin.jpg

#5 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

You write well. Especially considering it's not your first language.

Have you ended your collaboration with nikki then?

Thanks for the compliment :)

Yes, I have. Believe it or not, but this type of thing takes a lot of effort and hard work, and our partners couldn't give 100% at all times

• Bubba_Sparks likes this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#6 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 24,403 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:24 AM

Thanks for the compliment :)

Yes, I have. Believe it or not, but this type of thing takes a lot of effort and hard work, and our partners couldn't give 100% at all times

No doubt. The website looks very crisp as well.

Are you hoping to monetise this? Or are you doing it for the love of writing about your favourite sports?

rich-franklin.jpg

#7 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

No doubt. The website looks very crisp as well.

Are you hoping to monetise this? Or are you doing it for the love of writing about your favourite sports?

I'll try to monetise but in a different way. I'm not a huge fan of ads on websites / videos so I'll go with the exclusive content / rewards route.

Maybe give out some illustrations etc.

I obviously have a deeper plan but I can't discuss it too much, so I don't give anything away :D

• Bubba_Sparks and classicboxer like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#8 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 24,403 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:32 AM

I'll try to monetise but in a different way. I'm not a huge fan of ads on websites / videos so I'll go with the exclusive content / rewards route.

Maybe give out some illustrations etc.

I obviously have a deeper plan but I can't discuss it too much, so I don't give anything away :D

No worries dude. Good luck with it - you'll be stacking paper to the ceiling in no time
  • MauroPedrosa likes this

rich-franklin.jpg

#9 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:33 AM

No worries dude. Good luck with it - you'll be stacking paper to the ceiling in no time

Thanks for taking the time to read, mate.

• Bubba_Sparks likes this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#10 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 17,678 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

I watched the Warriors - Cavs video. Good job, but I didn't like the multi shaped photos!

nfl-1980-super-bowl-xv-oakland-raiders-cnfl-1983-super-bowl-xviii-los-angeles-ra

#11 NoCakeForYaya

NoCakeForYaya
  • Free
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:27 PM

I may actually read some of this ****!

Keep working hard Mauro :)!

conair.gif?w=780

#12 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

I watched the Warriors - Cavs video. Good job, but I didn't like the multi shaped photos!

Thanks a lot, buddy. All feedback is appreciated, positive and negative so don't be scared to lay the smack down :D

I may actually read some of this ****!

Keep working hard Mauro :)!

It would mean the world to me. Thanks, friend

• classicboxer likes this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#13 Jason_H.

Jason_H.
  • Free
  • 9,483 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:01 PM

Awesome. Keep it up. It may turn into something big which I think you are already anticipating. Good luck.

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the Bubba_Sparks Welcoming/Rehabillitation Team

#14 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:03 PM

Awesome. Keep it up. It may turn into something big which I think you are already anticipating. Good luck.

Thanks, bud. It's a lot of work but I actually enjoy doing it

• Bezerker101 likes this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#15 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 35,100 posts
  • LocationWintertooth is coming

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

Nice work. I'm not into other sports besides combat sports but i watched that youtube video. 

Great editing on the video. Really well put together piece. You have a cool story telling style. 

You also speak very well too. lol you speak better English than i do. You have a bit of an accent and all but your flow is really impressive especially for being a second language. You sound like a really nice person and you have a strong but pleasant sounding voice. I was thinking when i listened to the video i bet you could pick up some voice over work especially reading audio books for children and things of that nature. Might be something you might want to look into...hey you never know....

Cheers Mauro keep up the good work. Looking forward to your MMA stuff. 

• TwennyFo, Bezerker101 and MauroPedrosa like this

51e18543dda2ede62e33f69b1e6b143c--feelin

#16 SavageTC

SavageTC

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 13,075 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

Going to check this out tonight when i finish work homie. Good job
nicolas_cage_breeze.0.gif

#17 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

Nice work. I'm not into other sports besides combat sports but i watched that youtube video. 

Great editing on the video. Really well put together piece. You have a cool story telling style. 

You also speak very well too. lol you speak better English than i do. You have a bit of an accent and all but your flow is really impressive especially for being a second language. You sound like a really nice person and you have a strong but pleasant sounding voice. I was thinking when i listened to the video i bet you could pick up some voice over work especially reading audio books for children and things of that nature. Might be something you might want to look into...hey you never know....

Cheers Mauro keep up the good work. Looking forward to your MMA stuff. 

Hahaha that gave me a nice laugh in real life.

Thanks for the elaborate feedback. The audio seems like it was done in one sitting, but it actually took a lot of time and I had to throw some editing magic into it.

And I will write or make a video about MMA very soon, probably when the UFC throws a bigger card

• StompGrind likes this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#18 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

Going to check this out tonight when i finish work homie. Good job

Thanks m8

• SavageTC likes this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#19 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 14,207 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:57 PM

Rock n' roll MP, best of luck, .. will follow -

• TwennyFo and MauroPedrosa like this

#20 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:00 PM

Rock n' roll MP, best of luck, .. will follow -

Thanks, buddy. I'll give my best

• Bezerker101 likes this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#21 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 35,100 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:33 PM

I actually liked the cutout shapes. I thought it was creative and different and to me it helped visually frame the narrative of the story you were telling. 

Don't know how into sound FX and PIPS i.e. overlayed objects, floating text, diagrams and other visual FX, transitions etc. into video editing but they can add a lot to videos, keep the eye interested and depending on how subtle you are it can come across as very professional as long as you don't over do it so that it becomes a distraction or annoyance but rather use them sparingly to enhance your videos. Little more work though but like i said if used sparingly it can add a lot to your videos. 

#22 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

I actually liked the cutout shapes. I thought it was creative and different and to me it helped visually frame the narrative of the story you were telling. 

Don't know how into sound FX and PIPS i.e. overlayed objects, floating text, diagrams and other visual FX, transitions etc. into video editing but they can add a lot to videos, keep the eye interested and depending on how subtle you are it can come across as very professional as long as you don't over do it so that it becomes a distraction or annoyance but rather use them sparingly to enhance your videos. Little more work though but like i said if used sparingly it can add a lot to your videos. 

That's great advice and I've actually thought about it. I want to include more diagrams and stuff but I have to find the right balance so it doesn't get too distracting

• StompGrind likes this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#23 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 35,100 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

That's great advice and I've actually thought about it. I want to include more diagrams and stuff but I have to find the right balance so it doesn't get too distracting

If you look on youtube i'm sure you can find very good info on that. Search "How i make youtube videos" and you will find tons of videos on the subject that will give you ideas and there are tons of things you can find for free content concerning visual effects and audio content you can use copyright free. 

There are a lot of people that have channels that are very professionally done and that's something i've taken notice of how popular they are because of the consistent content in building a following and additionally i noticed most of them added those little polished touches be it themes they develop, visual FX things, audio, the way a person speaks, their enthusiasm & passion for the subject & how they cut and edit their content, how they interact with fans & subscribers. All that stuff together makes a huge difference to complement the content and connect with people.

Granted i will say most of the popular channels it helps to be a pretty female lets be honest lol but people are always looking for a fresh, honest, and or unique flavor and if you can build a following and stay consistent with content you can be very successful with it. It's fascinating to me that so many people are making a killing with youtube and twitch etc. It's something i'm curious about and looked into a little. 

I've done freelance work...video editing, audio editing, graphics and some 3D multi media stuff occasionally which admittedly is very unstable i.e. it's hit or miss. I've done graphic design and worked sales for sign businesses in the past but currently i kinda have two other jobs so i don't really have the time for it as much as i'd like to or really trying to get a channel going or anything like that. 

Edited by StompGrind, 20 January 2017 - 08:05 PM.

• TwennyFo and MauroPedrosa like this

#24 BigDaddyDelta

BigDaddyDelta

VP of the Clit

• Free
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

Good work very well done.

qUDIQwQ.gif

#25 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

Good work very well done.

Much appreciated!

3vzbFMh.jpg

#26 GN_FDU

GN_FDU
  • Free
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

As some of you know, I've written for 2 websites. 1 in English and 1 in Portuguese, with other friends and acquaintances, but now I'm starting my own website with complete freedom, so I'd appreciate it if you gave it a look and commented, shared, etc.

I'll be writing and making videos about our beloved MMA, Football (Soccer), and Basketball.

http://immaturesports.com/

Why is that guy sucking on cawk on that link?

#27 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:09 AM

Why is that guy sucking on cawk on that link?

Well, it is soccer we're talking about
  • IrishSemtex likes this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#28 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:55 AM

So after a forced hiatus that nearly landed me a job (!!) I'm back to writing :D So that didn't work out

Glad to present my 1st MMA article to you guys.

http://immaturesport...-rondas-legacy/

I won't make a new thread every time. Whenever I have something new I'll post it right here

• WarWest®, classicboxer, cashfl0w and 1 other like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#29 NoCakeForYaya

NoCakeForYaya
  • Free
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:16 AM

So after a forced hiatus that nearly landed me a job (!!) I'm back to writing :D So that didn't work out
Glad to present my 1st MMA article to you guys.

http://immaturesport...-rondas-legacy/

Read it, keep it up. The lack of the term 'can' was disappointing but overall I liked it.
  • WarWest®, TheSinisterUrge and MauroPedrosa like this

conair.gif?w=780

#30 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

Read it, keep it up. The lack of the term 'can' was disappointing but overall I liked it.

Appreciated. By the looks of it I have to write about Hull City very soon :)

• WarWest®, TheSinisterUrge and NoCakeForYaya like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#31 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 38,591 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:34 AM

how many Jake Shields articles/videos so far?

#32 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:39 AM

how many Jake Shields articles/videos so far?

My MMA knowledge isn't good enough to break down his sublime striking skills just yet. Hopefully I'll get there

• WarWest® and TheSinisterUrge like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#33 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 38,591 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:41 AM

i'll be waiting

#34 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:54 AM

Great stuff man, sure you'll be successful if you keep up.

I've written a few MMA articles but never really knew what platform to try and promote them on.

Any advice how you would get started on that?

Edited by Jolldan, 08 February 2017 - 11:55 AM.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#35 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 17,678 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:54 AM

That was a good job. I think most people on the forum have already heard and read pretty much everything there is about Rousey, but it would be a good read for casual fans. Rejiggering? That has to be the first time I've ever seen that in a sentence!

• WarWest® and MauroPedrosa like this

nfl-1980-super-bowl-xv-oakland-raiders-cnfl-1983-super-bowl-xviii-los-angeles-ra

#36 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

Great stuff man, sure you'll be successful if you keep up.

I've written a few MMA articles but never really knew what platform to try and promote them on.

Any advice how you would get started on that?

Thanks for the compliment.

I have a friend that runs a very popular MMA facebook page and he has some connections. Some admins from other pages help each other out with what they call "share for share"

You can also try to promote your stuff by replying to famous writer's tweets or even on YouTube.

It's a tough process that I'm also just learning so I don't have all the answers yet

That was a good job. I think most people on the forum have already heard and read pretty much everything there is about Rousey, but it would be a good read for casual fans. Rejiggering? That has to be the first time I've ever seen that in a sentence!

Thanks :D Yes, people that post here and on other forums are pretty much hardcores but I'd also like to turn casual fans into bigger fans.

I'll also try to cater to the hardcores by being witty and not just reciting information. I understand that this was a very information based article but it's sort of a career review so I had to do it that way

• WarWest®, classicboxer and Jolldan like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#37 NoCakeForYaya

NoCakeForYaya
  • Free
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:11 PM

Appreciated. By the looks of it I have to write about Hull City very soon :)

'The great escape'. I expect a shout out in that one!

conair.gif?w=780

#38 Joby

Joby
  • Free
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

Very well written article on Ronda.

My only other comment...and just an opinion only...the picts of the Warriors vs the Cavs were a little too closely cropped for my taste. A slightly larger view would have been nicer. I do like how you've chosen to do this. Very aesthetically pleasing.

Seen: 167, 168, 173vip, 175vip/expo, 178vip, 183vip, Fight Night 73nashville, 192vip, TUF 22 Finalevip, Fight Night 81boston, Fight Night 90vegas/vip, TUF 23 Finalevip, 200vip, 201vip, 203vip

#39 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 24,373 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:40 PM

My friends wouldn't let me live it down if I recommended a website that so far only has articles about soccer and Ronda. What do we have coming in the future?

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion
Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion

#40 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

Very well written article on Ronda.

My only other comment...and just an opinion only...the picts of the Warriors vs the Cavs were a little too closely cropped for my taste. A slightly larger view would have been nicer. I do like how you've chosen to do this. Very aesthetically pleasing.

Thank you very much for the love and the feedback!

My friends wouldn't let me live it down if I recommended a website that so far only has articles about soccer and Ronda. What do we have coming in the future?

My next video will be about soccer and my next article will be about the NBA :D

I'll only touch on those 3 sports

3vzbFMh.jpg

#41 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

Guess who's back?!?! Now with some good ol' futbol for the GOATs.

Comments are appreciated

• classicboxer and SavageTC like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#42 I_Take_Roids_m8

I_Take_Roids_m8

#1 Volkan fan and leader of the Oez MILITIA

• Free
  • 6,622 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

Good stuff. Didn't know this thread existed. I gave you a sub. I'm a big YouTube watcher so I'll check your stuff out.
  • WarWest®, TheSinisterUrge, SavageTC and 1 other like this
AVRpt9W.jpg

#43 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:04 PM

Good stuff. Didn't know this thread existed. I gave you a sub. I'm a big YouTube watcher so I'll check your stuff out.

Means the world to me <3

Thanks brother

• WarWest®, TheSinisterUrge, SavageTC and 1 other like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#44 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:53 AM

Guess who's back?!?! Now with some good ol' futbol for the GOATs.

Comments are appreciated

10 mins before Premier League kick off. More than enough time to watch my video and pay close attention to Chelsea vs Swansea

3vzbFMh.jpg

#45 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 17,678 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:57 PM

You almost made be want to watch a soccer game. Almost. It was interesting watching something about the strategy of the game. I've also subscribed to your Youtube channel. Good work!

• TheSinisterUrge, SavageTC and MauroPedrosa like this

#46 CorporalClegg209

CorporalClegg209

Yeah well, I still jerk off manually

• Free
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:46 PM

You almost made be want to watch a soccer game. Almost. It was interesting watching something about the strategy of the game. I've also subscribed to your Youtube channel. Good work!

photo-thumb-452993.jpg?_r=1485221591

• TheSinisterUrge, SavageTC, skillandpower and 1 other like this

qUDIQwQ.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before

#47 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:52 PM

Thank you very much homie

I understand that 90 minutes of soccer can be intimidating for someone who's not used to it, but I love every part of the game. The build up to a goal us like watching a predator putting its plan in action
  • TheSinisterUrge, classicboxer and SavageTC like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#48 TheSinisterUrge

TheSinisterUrge

12er's Favorite Hillbilly

• Free
  • 12,161 posts
  • LocationHampton Roads, VA

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:37 AM

The best way to make soccer exciting is to turn it into hockey. You've already made the right decision, old man.
  • classicboxer and Rustled_Jimmy like this

conair.gif?w=780

post-406774-0-78553500-1451782790.jpg

#49 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 17,678 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:45 AM

The best way to make soccer exciting is to turn it into hockey. You've already made the right decision, old man.

When I became a hockey fan there was no soccer in America. Even football kickers kicked the ball wrong.

• TheSinisterUrge likes this

#50 Rustled_Jimmy

Rustled_Jimmy
  • Free
  • 22,730 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

Looks pro Mauro. As someone who has a strong love/hate relationship with both writing and editing, it's a very thankless job for how much goes into it. It's really hard to break through but it seems like you have a pretty neat niche with some of your editing. I would rethink your stance on not monetizing with ads though. Atleast after your site begins to pick up some numbers. GL mate.
  • TheSinisterUrge, SavageTC and MauroPedrosa like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4