Sign in to follow this  
freddievanhalen3

Please stop TUF

I entered this thread bristling with indignation and outrage thinking you were referring to the poster TUF.

If we're talking about the series then yeah, it got tired about 15 series ago.

• Like 4

I entered this thread bristling with indignation and outrage thinking you were referring to the poster TUF.

If we're talking about the series then yeah, it got tired about 15 series ago.

TUF likes it RUF
  • Like 3

I never get bored of that picture. 

I thought the last season was good, just needs mixing up a bit.

Its a good way to promote 2 fighters and with the next season being Cody/TJ thats good just the fighters are dog**** and not relevant to them in any way. 

For instance currently right now a Womens 145 tuf would be good as it allows the ufc to find 145 fighters without signing them.

You could even have Tate as a coach, without her fighting she's going to be huge for the ufc in the next few years. 

I never get bored of that picture. 

I thought the last season was good, just needs mixing up a bit.

Its a good way to promote 2 fighters and with the next season being Cody/TJ thats good just the fighters are dog**** and not relevant to them in any way. 

lol you just proved my point that they should stop

lol you just proved my point that they should stop

Don't think they should stop, just take it more seriously. It works well but the upcoming season looks thrown together.

I'm a fan of the TUF series. But I do agree they need to change things up a bit. Also maybe cutting it down to one season per year. It seems now that as soon as one season finishes, the new one starts very soon after.

I'm a fan of the TUF series. But I do agree they need to change things up a bit. Also maybe cutting it down to one season per year. It seems now that as soon as one season finishes, the new one starts very soon after.

At least they seem to be done with the international versions. If you watched those as well as the US versions, it was WAY too much.

• Like 1

At least they seem to be done with the international versions. If you watched those as well as the US versions, it was WAY too much.

I'm in the UK, so we have not had any international series screened on tv. Only way I have caught up with any is on fight pass.

The main tuf series is also screened a few days after you guys in the US (so I have to try and avoid spoilers)

I'm in the UK, so we have not had any international series screened on tv. Only way I have caught up with any is on fight pass.

I'm in Canada. The only international one that has been on TV here was TUF Nations.

I've watched them all on Fight Pass/UFC.com... Except for TUF China. Had to pirate that one because it didn't go up on Fight Pass in time for the finale. It was not worth that much effort.

The main tuf series is also screened a few days after you guys in the US (so I have to try and avoid spoilers)

You came to the wrong thread then

Honestly this season has me changing my mind

It makes such a difference having fighters you actually care about/recognise.

I think that this season everyone they've had on was on a previous TUF series.  They could do a TUF series full of people that have been cut in the past but haven't been on TUF before.  The coaches have also helped for me; a bit of genuine rivalry always spices things up.

Use the same cast that is being used for the show and do it as the DWCS did.  That way, no drama - get a quick back story and fights.  Have them either fight to a championship to see who gets a contract or to death.  

OR - just fast forward to the last 20 minutes and leave it alone.

• Like 1

Use the same cast that is being used for the show and do it as the DWCS did.  That way, no drama - get a quick back story and fights.  Have them either fight to a championship to see who gets a contract or to death.  

OR - just fast forward to the last 20 minutes and leave it alone.

no bad idea 

I think that TUF is a good opportunity for up and coming fighters to get acquainted with the UFC. Possibly gyms should start making their own UF teams and run a "minor league" for MMA, much like Bellator or something, but officially under the UFC?

• Like 1

I think that TUF is a good opportunity for up and coming fighters to get acquainted with the UFC. Possibly gyms should start making their own UF teams and run a "minor league" for MMA, much like Bellator or something, but officially under the UFC?

Thats not a bad idea at all

Thought this thread had been bumped because of the star wars nerd-raging.

LOL your humor will forever be underappreciated.

• Like 2

Was it an attempt at being funny? Honest question

Yup it is regarding the nerd raging that was going on in the last jedi thread between TUF and 12er :) (hence the sop TUF)

• Like 1

Tatiana Suarez, Usman, Rose Namajunas, Yair Rodriguez have all come from the modern era or TUF, I still think it has its merits, but yeah they need to change it in order to bring more eyes to it, I don't understand why they mostly got rid of viewing the in house antics in order to just see training/fights, it actually made us sometimes like/dislike fighters more which in turn made us want to see them fight, they need to bring that **** back