Photo

Which Western Country Has The Strictest Immigration Laws?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Strictest Immigration (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's Strictest?

1. Austraila ? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Canada ? (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Denmark ? (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Norway ? (0 votes [0.00%])

5. The United Kingdom ? (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

6. The United States ? (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,688 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:38 AM

As many of you know im not a fan of Donald Trump and his attitude towards immigration but I thought in fairness we should compare all Western Countries attitudes towards immigration to see if the US policy is really so different from everyone else.

And the nominees are.....

Australia

Despite its anything-goes image, Australia has a surprisingly draconian immigration policy. And none of the country’s various immigration laws is more controversial than the Migration Reform Act of 1992 and its subsequent amendments, which collectively require the authorities to detain all non-citizens who are discovered in Australia without a valid visa. Between 1999 and 2003, the law was used to detain more than 2,000 child refugees from Southeast Asia and the Middle East who were seeking asylum in Australia.

Canada

Remember when Trump first won and all the celebrity's said they were moving to Canada? There was a good reason they didn't Canada didn't want them. The trouble with Canada is it's immigration laws seem pretty squeaky clean on the surface. In terms of refugees they had a special program for the Syrian refugees but normally? Canada is willing only to be a last resort for refugees; such candidates are not eligible if they “have another durable solution for protection, such as an offer to be resettled in another country.” Even for normal people its pretty tough opportunities to “immigrate as a skilled worker,” “immigrate by starting a business and creating jobs” or “immigrate by investing in the Canadian economy.” So basically you need a great job, or need to be starting a business or just giving Canada a truckload of money.

Denmark

This really comes from a law Denmark's government passed last year. Denmark's parliament has voted in favour of seizing the assets of asylum seekers to help pay for their stay while their claims are processed. The controversial law is part of a package of immigration reforms designed to make the country less appealing for migrants.

The new measures, which also delay family reunions by increasing the waiting period from one to up to three years.

Under the new measures, valuables worth more than about £1,000 will be seized by police as migrants enter the country to help cover their housing and food costs.

After considerable uproar Parliament clarified that jewellery, including wedding rings, and other sentimental possessions would not be taken.

Norway

Norway has announced strict new immigration laws and its intentions to turn back all asylum seekers from anywhere in the Schengen zone, especially Sweden, if they do not hold the correct visa. The Norwegian government has declared its new asylum policy as "one of Europe's toughest." Last April the Norwegian authorities offered a "bonus" 10,000 kroner (£1,000) to asylum seekers willing to leave the country voluntarily.

The United Kingdom

Yeah sure if you can make it in to the UK things become pretty easy but likely not for long, Britain's attitude towards refugee's and immigrants in general is changing rapidly. A rise in political party's like UKIP and the BNP have brought back nationalism in a big way. With changes to the current immigration laws set to take effect in May with more likely to follow. All this on top of the fact that Britain has voted to leave the EU which throws up a lot of

The United States

The US has always been know for having tough immigration policies but the latest is President Trump signed an executive order suspending refugee resettlement and entry into the U.S. of people from Syria, Libya, Somaila, Yemen, Sudan, Iran and Iraq on immigrant or non-immigrant visas, including apparently people holding dual citizenship with other nations.

As initially written, the order covered everyone with a visa who was from those specific countries  including permanent legal residents or “green card” holders who already had permission to be in the U.S., meaning if they left and tried to come back, they would be prohibited. Homeland Security has since said it will allow those people to come back in, absent any terrorism-related reason not to do so.

But it still suspends the ability of many others — including students, non-permanent workers, professional employees, businesspeople, entertainers and athletes — to enter the U.S., or for those already here to leave and return, though they could be allowed in on a “case-by-case” basis by border officials. The only visas sure to be allowed in are those for people with diplomatic clearance.

OPEN TO ADDING MORE TO THE LIST DROP YOUR SUGGESTION AND A COUPLE REASONS.

Edited by Jolldan, 02 February 2017 - 05:09 AM.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#2 Fred_Flink_Stoned

Fred_Flink_Stoned

FFS

• Free
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:02 AM

Switzerland ?!

Edited by Fred_Flink_Stoned, 02 February 2017 - 05:02 AM.

412886388.jpg

#3 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,688 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:12 AM

Switzerland ?!

See I looked them up hard to fins stuff in English lol but it seemed like they're is obviously a lot of right-wing borderline racist political movements (I mean the black sheep poster was pretty low point) but the majority of Switzerland has voted against most of their agendas.

Could easily be wrong why do you think I should add them?

• Fred_Flink_Stoned likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#4 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:38 AM

I think the UK is pretty strict, I even had difficulties to go for a couple of months to study there. In the US I had to do a lot of paperwork as well, for the european Union it depends on which country you are applying, the netherlands is the easiest imo, french and spain are a pain in the ****, but maybe because I'm colombian and those would be the preferred destinations.

Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez
conair.gif?w=780

#5 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:42 AM

Also I've heard Canada is pretty simple if you are highly qualified (Doctors, Engineers, etc), other than that idk cause I only look for places where I could go (I'm an engineer)

• UFCCagerattler likes this

Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez
conair.gif?w=780

#6 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,605 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:46 AM

I've got indefinite leave to remain in the UK. Would've applied for citizenship but I get nothing but a big withdrawal from my savings out of that. When the kids have moved out of home in 15 years time then I'll maybe do it

#7 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:56 AM

I've got indefinite leave to remain in the UK. Would've applied for citizenship but I get nothing but a big withdrawal from my savings out of that. When the kids have moved out of home in 15 years time then I'll maybe do it

it depends where you are from. Being from Australia I doubt you would face difficulties somewhere unless you are a criminal :P

Fav:
conair.gif?w=780

#8 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 8,113 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:06 AM

What about Mexico? Ironically enough if you decide to just walk over there you are considered a felon.
  • I_Take_Roids_m8 likes this

#9 Fred_Flink_Stoned

Fred_Flink_Stoned

FFS

• Free
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:25 AM

See I looked them up hard to fins stuff in English lol but it seemed like they're is obviously a lot of right-wing borderline racist political movements (I mean the black sheep poster was pretty low point) but the majority of Switzerland has voted against most of their agendas.

Could easily be wrong why do you think I should add them?

I`m not really into this stuff but as far as I know here in Europe Switzerland has a very strict immigrant policy and it`s very hard to get into that country as far as I know.  

when I saw your OP Switzerland ,Australia and Norway were the first countries that came to mind with Switzerland as #1

and Switzerland is like Murica, almost every 12yo has a gun too lol  (same goes for Norway btw, that`s probably why they`re not part of the EU )

Edited by Fred_Flink_Stoned, 02 February 2017 - 06:28 AM.

• Jolldan likes this

412886388.jpg

#10 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Ultimate
  • 55,813 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:39 AM

Also I've heard Canada is pretty simple if you are highly qualified (Doctors, Engineers, etc), other than that idk cause I only look for places where I could go (I'm an engineer)

Heh.. Canada didn't even want to let me in the country when I went to visit my girlfriend the first time.

Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#11 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:53 AM

Heh.. Canada didn't even want to let me in the country when I went to visit my girlfriend the first time.

are you a criminal? :P

Never actually been to Canada so I cannot say from experience, just what I've heard from friends and family that live/have lived there.

Fav:
conair.gif?w=780

#12 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 38,591 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:33 AM

the west has been poaching third world talent forever

it is god for us and bad for them

in fact the whole tech sector is rustled about the immigration ban because they recruit so heavily in those places

Edited by UFCCagerattler, 02 February 2017 - 07:34 AM.

#13 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:35 AM

the west has been poaching third world talent forever

it is god for us and bad for them

yup, I was just saying than the process is easierin Canada in comparison to other countries. For example I have friends that have finished their masters/doctorates in France/Sweden/Norway and have not been allowed to stay whereas any friend that has done it in Canada has been basically begged to stay :P Myself here in Germany I was also given all the needed conditions for me to stay after my masters.

Fav:
conair.gif?w=780

#14 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 38,591 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:49 PM

canada loves foreign students

they charge them like 4X as money for college and university

if the schools had their way they would only have foreign students

#15 Yesmate

Yesmate
  • Free
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

NZ.unless you're a millionaire we don't really want you.

#16 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Ultimate
  • 55,813 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:30 PM

are you a criminal? :P

Never actually been to Canada so I cannot say from experience, just what I've heard from friends and family that live/have lived there.

Nope. Just like to pay for things in cash, wasn't sure which credit/debit cards were going to work, and had an abnormal amount of cash on me apparently.

That, and my car smelled like weed. lol

Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#17 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 13,866 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:31 PM

Australias immigration program is no more Draconian than any other developed nation, it's how we treat illegal immigrants with indefinite offshore processing thats honestly pretty inhumane.

nicolas_cage_breeze.0.gif

#18 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 38,591 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

For Canada there is no choice.

Without immigration the whole house of cards comes down. They need immigrants and they constantly fall short if their target numbers.

You let in an immigrant doctor and he saves you mlliions of dollars compared with training one of your native borns 

#19 Yesmate

Yesmate
  • Free
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:16 AM

Australias immigration program is no more Draconian than any other developed nation, it's how we treat illegal immigrants with indefinite offshore processing,that is the way forward with illegal invaders.