Photo

All Things Marvel & DC Thread: Disney Increase Bid For Fox, Aquaman, Wonder Woman 2

• Please log in to reply
751 replies to this topic

#701 IrishSemtex

IrishSemtex
  • Free
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:03 PM

deadpool2.jpg?itok=YTZtzxWf

Deadpool 2 Review

Obviously can't go in to much detail here so I will just say that in my opinion everything the first Deadpool did, this does but even better than the first film. It has more action and is so much funnier. It may have taken an abomination like Green Lantern to get there but Ryan Reynolds has found his superhero calling.

Deadpool 2 Spoiler Review

Spoiler

I agree with most of what you said about DP2. Was very good ****. I have no clue who that chick is playing Domino, but I want her on me naked and squirming
  • Jolldan likes this
Jenna didn't tap.

Mauro will not divide us.

#702 IrishSemtex

IrishSemtex
  • Free
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:07 PM

A Batman Prequel Focusing On Alfred The Butler Has Been Confirmed

marquee_Alfred_01_5afb82516d4853.1882898

It would appear that news of an additional Batman prequel tv series was correct, as it was announced this morning that Gotham showrunner Bruno Heller has an Alfred Pennyworth series coming to Epix. The steadfast companion and butler to Bruce Wayne (aka Batman) has long been a mainstay of the Batman comic titles, as well as the films and tv series (animated and live action).

The Hollywood Reporter says that the Alfred-centric show has already gotten a straight-to-series order from MGM-owned Epix, along with a 10-episode go-ahead. While there is no word on casting yet, it’s safe to assume this series would have Alfred as a young man, more than likely tying into the current Alfred Pennyworth’s backstory on Gotham, who is played by Sean Pertwee.
Epix President Michael Wright said:

“As genuine fans of these classic DC characters, as well as the incredibly talented Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon, we couldn’t be more excited to make Epix the home of this series. We can’t wait to work with Bruno and Danny — along with Peter Roth, Susan Rovner, Brett Paul and the team at Warner Horizon — on this fantastic origin story.”

And it promises to be an interesting story. Alfred Pennyworth was an SAS soldier who formed a shadowy company and went into business with Thomas Wayne, Batman's dad, in London during the swinging 60s.

2ODM1mo.gif

He is also
  • Skilled actor
  • Trained in emergency medical techniques
  • Proficient with mechanical and computer systems
  • Expert in domestic sciences
  • Unflappable manner
  • Unlike Batman, perfectly willing to wield firearms during times of crisis

What do you think: is an Alfred prequel series a good bet or not something you’d watch?
Would the right casting change your mind?

I'm supposed to believe that a bad **** SAS dude ends up becoming a butler to the son of his business partner of a shadowy company?
Jenna didn't tap.

#703 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:24 AM

The CW’s Next DC Crossover Will Showcase Batwoman and Bring Gotham to the ‘Arrowverse’

img_9436.jpg?w=780

The city of Gotham is coming to the CW’s DC Comics “Arrowverse” for the first time. “Arrow” star Stephen Amell revealed on Thursday that this year’s DC crossover event on the CW would introduce Batwoman for the first time.

“For the very first time, we’ll be fighting alongside Batwoman, which is terrific,” Amell told the audience at New York City Center gathered for The CW’s upfront presentation. “The crossover is going to make it to air in December. I need to leave right now and start filming it!”

arrowbatwoman-blogroll-1526593381113_128

Batwoman has undergone several incarnations in the DC Comics universe, first appearing in Detective Comics #233 in 1956. However judging by the red logo they will be going for the most modern version, Kate Kane, she was reintroduced in 2006 and is of Jewish descent and a lesbian.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#704 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,643 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:12 AM

The CW’s Next DC Crossover Will Showcase Batwoman and Bring Gotham to the ‘Arrowverse’

img_9436.jpg?w=780

The city of Gotham is coming to the CW’s DC Comics “Arrowverse” for the first time. “Arrow” star Stephen Amell revealed on Thursday that this year’s DC crossover event on the CW would introduce Batwoman for the first time.

“For the very first time, we’ll be fighting alongside Batwoman, which is terrific,” Amell told the audience at New York City Center gathered for The CW’s upfront presentation. “The crossover is going to make it to air in December. I need to leave right now and start filming it!”

arrowbatwoman-blogroll-1526593381113_128

Batwoman has undergone several incarnations in the DC Comics universe, first appearing in Detective Comics #233 in 1956. However judging by the red logo they will be going for the most modern version, Kate Kane, she was reintroduced in 2006 and is of Jewish descent and a lesbian.

just as long as she's hawt and I can fap to it then I'll still not watch...
  • Eclipse76 and TUF like this

#705 IrishSemtex

IrishSemtex
  • Free
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:51 AM

just as long as she's hawt and I can fap to it then I'll still not watch...

Can political correctness and/or SJWism in comics/comic movies just take an occasional smoke break?

Edited by IrishSemtex, 18 May 2018 - 05:51 AM.

Jenna didn't tap.

#706 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,426 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:55 AM

Can political correctness and/or SJWism in comics/comic movies just take an occasional smoke break?

apparently not

https://www.yahoo.co...r-confirms.html

now i'm nervous about the context of this line

lando-calrissian-gif-10.gif

• Eclipse76 and IrishSemtex like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#707 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:16 AM

I don't like when it feels forced however its a big part of Kane's character so I get it completely for her.

apparently not

https://www.yahoo.co...r-confirms.html

now i'm nervous about the context of this line

lando-calrissian-gif-10.gif

Not going to descend in to nerd outrage lol all im going to say is in the little time I remember seeing Lando he always seemed like a Mr Steal Your Girl than a Pansexual.

Actually what the hell is a pansexual? Will Lando be getting giggy with a skillet?

Edited by Jolldan, 18 May 2018 - 07:42 AM.

• Enigma_Machine likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#708 IrishSemtex

IrishSemtex
  • Free
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:39 AM

I don't like when it feels forced however its a big part of Kane's character so I get it completely for her.

Not going to descend in to nerd outrage lol all im going to say is in the little time I remember seeing Lando he always seemed like a Mr Steal Your Girl than a Pansexual.

Actually what the hell is a pansexual? Will Lando be getting giggy with skillet?

It's all about dat Tribble and Ewok secks yo
  • TheGreatCatpiss and Jolldan like this
Jenna didn't tap.

#709 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:23 AM

Jake Gyllenhaal In Talks To Play Mysterio In Spider-Man Sequel

Jake-Gyllenhaal-Mysterio.jpg

The actor is in talks to play the classic Marvel villain Mysterio in the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming. Spider-Man creators Stan Lee and Steve Ditko introduced Mysterio in the comics in 1964. A special effects expert, Quentin Beck used his talents to create elaborate illusions to commit crimes and to fight Spider-Man.

Personally if they go this route I would be really excited. Mysterio has always had the stigma of being a more goofy villain because of the helmet (which I admit would need to be done right for it to work) but visually he one of the coolest power sets & costumes. He has no actual powers just a master of stage illusions, hypnotism and magic. So that alone could give us some excellent scenes of Parker's spider sense being out smarted. He's also an amateur chemist and roboticist so if they really wanted they could up Beck's intellect from the comics and make him the creator of the Spider-Slayers instead of Alistaire Smythe. He's also extensively trained in hand to hand from years of stunt training so we could have some straight up brawls between the two of them.

Obviously Gyllenhaal's acting chops are great so I think he would make a great addition.

If true what do you think of the villain choice and casting?

Edited by Jolldan, 21 May 2018 - 07:24 AM.

• Eclipse76 likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#710 Nyte

Nyte

Nyte 3:16

• Free
  • 23,384 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

Deadpool 2 was great
  • Enigma_Machine and Eclipse76 like this

Team Amazin' 2013-'17

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

2013 Thread of the Year Winner

#711 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:38 PM

Jake Gyllenhaal In Talks To Play Mysterio In Spider-Man Sequel

Jake-Gyllenhaal-Mysterio.jpg

The actor is in talks to play the classic Marvel villain Mysterio in the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming. Spider-Man creators Stan Lee and Steve Ditko introduced Mysterio in the comics in 1964. A special effects expert, Quentin Beck used his talents to create elaborate illusions to commit crimes and to fight Spider-Man.

Personally if they go this route I would be really excited. Mysterio has always had the stigma of being a more goofy villain because of the helmet (which I admit would need to be done right for it to work) but visually he one of the coolest power sets & costumes. He has no actual powers just a master of stage illusions, hypnotism and magic. So that alone could give us some excellent scenes of Parker's spider sense being out smarted. He's also an amateur chemist and roboticist so if they really wanted they could up Beck's intellect from the comics and make him the creator of the Spider-Slayers instead of Alistaire Smythe. He's also extensively trained in hand to hand from years of stunt training so we could have some straight up brawls between the two of them.

Obviously Gyllenhaal's acting chops are great so I think he would make a great addition.

If true what do you think of the villain choice and casting?

Read somewhere, that if they go this route, they will have Mysterio, the vulture, and apparently there was something about Scorpion in the first one though I must have missed the easter egg. That Homecoming 3 will have the Sinister 6 in it.

If they go that way with Marvel at the helm, I think it would be a great thing for the series.

• Jolldan likes this

#712 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:34 AM

Read somewhere, that if they go this route, they will have Mysterio, the vulture, and apparently there was something about Scorpion in the first one though I must have missed the easter egg. That Homecoming 3 will have the Sinister 6 in it.

If they go that way with Marvel at the helm, I think it would be a great thing for the series.

Yeah they never call him Scorpion directly only by his real name Mac Gargan (so him getting a suit in number 2 could be a possibility) he is only in a couple scenes one being the after credits scene were you see Keaton in jail and he says he's heard rumours that Keaton knows Spider-Man's real identity.

They also have Shocker but they better give him two gloves next time lol.

Yeah if its true about Gyllenhaal's involvement I think Feige will eventually cave on the whole Spider-Man being the only Sony character to appear in the MCU. Amy Pascal's already signed Tom Hardy, now potentially Gyllenhaal those are some high level signings.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#713 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:12 AM

Welcome to Marvel Stadium

1200px-Etihad_Stadium.jpg

Walt Disney has signed an eight year deal to rebrand one of Australia's most well-known sports stadiums.

We truly live in a Marvel universe. 

On Wednesday Walt Disney announced that from Sept. 1, Etihad Stadium (a Melbourne-based venue that's home to over five different Australian Football League teams, alongside soccer team Melbourne Victory) will be renamed "Marvel Stadium".

Oh my god. 

The soon to be named Marvel Stadium is one of Australia's most recognisable stadiums. It has a capacity of over 55,000 and regularly plays host to some of the biggest sporting events in Australia, and the world. In November 2015, the UFC held UFC 193 at the then-Etihad stadium and broke all of its attendance records there, with a crowd of 56,214.

"Marvel is a powerhouse in the entertainment industry and one of the most recognised brand names in the world. It is a brand dedicated to audience experiences, which firmly aligns with our vision to create incredible experiences for fans,"

Melbourne Stadiums Limited CEO Michael Green said in a statement.

The stadium has gone through a number of names: the Telstra Dome, Colonial Stadium, Etihad Stadium. But man... Marvel Stadium. That kinda rules.

Perhaps the coolest part of this whole thing: Chris Hemworth, aka Thor, is a known supporter of the AFL team the Western Bulldogs and Marvel Stadium is their home ground

Hemsworth will literally be able to watch his favourite sports team at Marvel Stadium.

We live in weird times.

• Eclipse76 likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#714 NoCakeForYaya

NoCakeForYaya
  • Free
  • 6,613 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 04:37 AM

Deadpool 2 was pretty good. Not enough of the chick from the first one though :(.

conair.gif?w=780

#715 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:33 AM

All 11 'X-Men' Movies, Ranked From Worst To Best

foto1.jpg

11. "X-Men: The Last Stand" (2006)

You know your movie really sucks when they basically just ignore that timeline after it. Last Stand took one of the most beloved and iconic X-Men stories, The Dark Phoenix Saga and totally butchered it. The real killer blow was the departure of Bryan Singer who left the third "X-Men" movie to make "Superman Returns" (not the greatest decision in hindsight) and Brett Ratner stepped in and well the rest is history.

10. "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" (2009)

Im going to be honest it was almost impossible to pick between this and Last Stand for the title of worst X-Men movie they both have some monumental flaws. What convinced me to put this here was the silver lining this movie had. Without the truly awful first on screen interpretation of Deadpool we very well may have never seen Reynolds go on to become The Deadpool we know and enjoy so much now.

9. "X-Men: Apocalypse" (2016)

It seems that X-Men films always miss the mark on that trilogy film. A lot of the movies issues boiled down to the casting of Oscar Isaac as Apocalypse. He simply seemed miscast and his motivations were never conveyed really well. Unfortunately the third instalment of the new X-Men cast is the most forgettable.

8. "The Wolverine" (2013)

As the second attempt at a solo Wolverine story the 2013 story by James Mangold it fits right in the middle in terms of quality. It is far superior to the Wolverine movie but it doesn't have a patch on Logan. Some stunning fight scenes are meshes with awful CGI. This movies is probably best described as journey of peaks and valleys.

7. "Deadpool" (2016)

One of the most original and refreshing superhero movies of the last couple years Deadpool showed that Ryan Reynolds was born to play that role. The only reason I don't rate it higher is because it has to do the whole origin story thing which does eat up some time for story telling.

6. "X-Men" (2000)

The film that took the X-Men from a popular comic to a worldwide sensation. Quite simply without the success of this movie its hard to say if any of the others on this list would be here. Sure Halle Berry wasn't the best Storm and the outfits were pretty cheesy but it all has to start from somewhere.

5.  "X-Men: Days of Future Past" (2014)

If you were to look for the X-Men's attempt at an Infinity War level crossover the closest you will get is this film. It did the brilliant job of marrying together the original and new casts. The opposing reasoning and logic shared by their younger selves makes the film showing you the development of Xavier & Magneto.

4. "Deadpool 2" (2018)

Everything Deadpool did, Deadpool 2 did better. Without being confined to having to tell an origin story as well as the plot Deadpool 2 has so much more freedom. Meaning it can go balls to wall crazy right from the get go. Josh Brolin also surprised many making an excellent Cable.

3. "X-Men: First Class" (2011)

I don't think im alone in saying when you first seen McKellen & Stewart in the X-Men roles you never thought you'd see a better cast but McAvov & Fassbender are so good they made it debatable who did it better. The fact that this movie totally changed the script in terms of making everyone was younger and re-casting really revitalized the movie but the film is so good because of McAvoy & Fassbender.

2. "X2: X-Men United" (2003)

Bryan Singer took the formula he used to make the first X-Men and refined it to such a high level for the second outing that the sequel far surpassed the original. The history of Wolverine is explored, the X-Men are more established, the story is more compelling and the villains are more realistic.

1. "Logan" (2017)

Was there ever any question? Logan strips away many of the elements in all previous X-Men films to make this a wild gritty ride more similar to a western than a superhero movie. most importantly though provides a fantastic and gripping story and I cant think of a more fitting swan song to Hugh Jackman's time as Wolverine.

Do you agree with this list?

How would you rank the X-Men movies?

What would be your number one?

Edited by Jolldan, 29 May 2018 - 04:33 AM.

• Enigma_Machine likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#716 Nyte

Nyte

• Free
  • 23,384 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:03 AM

What if I told you I haven't seen Logan yet?

Spoiler

Team Amazin' 2013-'17

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

#717 Nyte

Nyte

• Free
  • 23,384 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:03 AM

Spoiler

• Eclipse76 likes this

Team Amazin' 2013-'17

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

#718 NoCakeForYaya

NoCakeForYaya
  • Free
  • 6,613 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:45 AM

I honestly prefer X2 to Logan.
  • Jolldan likes this

conair.gif?w=780

#719 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

I honestly prefer X2 to Logan.

Personal preference, im not going to argue with anyone over that its definitely a more complete X-Men story and Brian Cox is a beast.

• Eclipse76 likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#720 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,426 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:16 AM

Jimmies were rustled when I saw Days of Future Past at #5 but then realized how many p5p movies the franchise has had and any of the top 5 are pretty interchangeable. Personal preference 

"X-Men Origins: Wolverine" (2009)

"X-Men: The Last Stand" (2006)

"X-Men: Apocalypse" (2016)

"The Wolverine" (2013)

"X-Men" (2000)

"Deadpool" (2016)

"Deadpool 2" (2018)

"X-Men: First Class" (2011)

"Logan" (2017)

"X2: X-Men United" (2003)

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" (2014)

conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#721 BigDaddyDelta

BigDaddyDelta

VP of the Clit

• Free
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:03 AM

Well Jaimee Fox is offically cast as Spawn lord have mercy
  • Enigma_Machine and Eclipse76 like this

giphy.gif

#722 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,426 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:18 AM

They could have done much worse considering the source material and history. 

• crangs and Eclipse76 like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#723 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,643 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

They could have done much worse considering the source material and history.

a43.jpg?resize=600,400
  • Eclipse76, IrishSemtex and TUF like this

#724 Enigma_Machine

Enigma_Machine

Supreme Overlord Extreme

• Moderators
  • 23,071 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:05 AM

All 11 'X-Men' Movies, Ranked From Worst To Best

foto1.jpg

Do you agree with this list?

How would you rank the X-Men movies?

What would be your number one?

xmen 3

Xmen origins wolverine

apocalypse

first class

the wolverine

xmen

deadpool 2

Logan

xmen 2

deadpool 

Days of future past

I freaking love DOFP. 

I like the violence of Logan but the rest of it's not my kinda movie. 

• Jolldan likes this

conair.gif?w=780

^ I agree.

2013 predictions league champion
Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
Last one to post wins winner x2
Survivor Series VIII - Sole survivor.

#725 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:18 AM

xmen 3

Xmen origins wolverine

apocalypse

first class

the wolverine

xmen

deadpool 2

Logan

xmen 2

deadpool 

Days of future past

I freaking love DOFP. 

I like the violence of Logan but the rest of it's not my kinda movie. 

Scene of the movie

maxresdefault.jpg

• Enigma_Machine and TUF like this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#726 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,643 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:07 AM

Sat in cinema watching Infinty war and 90% of the cinema just walked out during the credits.
084.png
  • Eclipse76, Nyte and Jolldan like this

#727 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:13 AM

Venom Sequel!

venom.png

While the upcoming Venom movie is still six months away from its UK release date Woody Harrelson has spilled the proverbial beans and confirmed a sequel is already in the works.

Speaking on his cameo at a press junket for Solo: A Star Wars Story, Harrelson said:

"Well, you know, Ruben Fleischer did Zombieland, directed it, so that was a big part of it. And also, Tom Hardy, I really respect and think he’s one of the great actors. So that, coupled with what is a really wonderful script, I felt like I kind of should, you know?"

He revealed the reason behind his brief cameo role:

"Roll of the dice, because I’m just … I’m in a little fraction of this movie, but I’ll be in the next one, you know? So I haven’t read that script, but anyways, just rolled the dice."

Sat in cinema watching Infinty war and 90% of the cinema just walked out during the credits.

amateur_hour_anchorman.gif

Edited by Jolldan, 30 May 2018 - 07:16 AM.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#728 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:56 AM

Venom Sequel!

venom.png

While the upcoming Venom movie is still six months away from its UK release date Woody Harrelson has spilled the proverbial beans and confirmed a sequel is already in the works.

Speaking on his cameo at a press junket for Solo: A Star Wars Story, Harrelson said:

"Well, you know, Ruben Fleischer did Zombieland, directed it, so that was a big part of it. And also, Tom Hardy, I really respect and think he’s one of the great actors. So that, coupled with what is a really wonderful script, I felt like I kind of should, you know?"

"Roll of the dice, because I’m just … I’m in a little fraction of this movie, but I’ll be in the next one, you know? So I haven’t read that script, but anyways, just rolled the dice."

Woody as Carnage I think will be a great choice. Hopefully they dont bomb the first one by trying some stupid ****.

• Eclipse76 likes this

#729 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:20 PM

A Batman Prequel Focusing On Alfred The Butler Has Been Confirmed

marquee_Alfred_01_5afb82516d4853.1882898

It would appear that news of an additional Batman prequel tv series was correct, as it was announced this morning that Gotham showrunner Bruno Heller has an Alfred Pennyworth series coming to Epix. The steadfast companion and butler to Bruce Wayne (aka Batman) has long been a mainstay of the Batman comic titles, as well as the films and tv series (animated and live action).

The Hollywood Reporter says that the Alfred-centric show has already gotten a straight-to-series order from MGM-owned Epix, along with a 10-episode go-ahead. While there is no word on casting yet, it’s safe to assume this series would have Alfred as a young man, more than likely tying into the current Alfred Pennyworth’s backstory on Gotham, who is played by Sean Pertwee.
Epix President Michael Wright said:

“As genuine fans of these classic DC characters, as well as the incredibly talented Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon, we couldn’t be more excited to make Epix the home of this series. We can’t wait to work with Bruno and Danny — along with Peter Roth, Susan Rovner, Brett Paul and the team at Warner Horizon — on this fantastic origin story.”

And it promises to be an interesting story. Alfred Pennyworth was an SAS soldier who formed a shadowy company and went into business with Thomas Wayne, Batman's dad, in London during the swinging 60s.

2ODM1mo.gif

He is also
  • Skilled actor
  • Trained in emergency medical techniques
  • Proficient with mechanical and computer systems
  • Expert in domestic sciences
  • Unflappable manner
  • Unlike Batman, perfectly willing to wield firearms during times of crisis
What do you think: is an Alfred prequel series a good bet or not something you’d watch?
Would the right casting change your mind?
they stole this chit from Woodhouse on Archer!!!

Edited by Ozpride, 30 May 2018 - 12:23 PM.

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#730 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:59 AM

'The Crow' Remake Loses Star Jason Momoa and Director Corin Hardy

crow-momoa-194660.jpg

The Crow movie franchise will not be rising from the dead as easily as expected, as a new report states that the upcoming remake has just hit a major hurdle.

The Crow Reborn star Jason Mamoa and director Corin Hardy have reportedly both dropped out of the project, which was in development over at Davis Films. Word has also been circling that Sony could be planning to drop out as worldwide distributor of The Crow, as well.

• crangs likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#731 Eclipse76

Eclipse76

HEECLIPSE RETURNS !!!

• Free
  • 5,734 posts
  • LocationSylvan Lake

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:07 AM

crow-momoa-194660.jpg

The Crow movie franchise will not be rising from the dead as easily as expected, as a new report states that the upcoming remake has just hit a major hurdle.

The Crow Reborn star Jason Mamoa and director Corin Hardy have reportedly both dropped out of the project, which was in development over at Davis Films. Word has also been circling that Sony could be planning to drop out as worldwide distributor of The Crow, as well.

Good..leave it alone
  • Ozpride, crangs, Nyte and 1 other like this

Mirko(The Croatian Sensation) Cro-Cop (Favorite HW) Win or Lose !!

Rampage on the way back to the Title!!

Bas Rutten.. Greatest!! Nuff said. Fedor = G.O.A.T.

http://forums.ufcfig...-i-was-eclipse/

conair.gif?w=780

#732 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,643 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:37 AM

crow-momoa-194660.jpg

Good..leave it alone

• Eclipse76 and Nyte like this

#733 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:11 PM

crow-momoa-194660.jpg

thank fking god that could have been terrible
  • crangs, Eclipse76 and Nyte like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#734 poonmachine

poonmachine
  • Free
  • 6,038 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:22 PM

084.png

We waited forever. Usually they do the post credit scene twords he beginning of the credit cycle and then roll the rest after. But this movie I guess thy waited for every last credit. I googled it as soon as we left the theater

#735 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,643 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:49 PM

We waited forever. Usually they do the post credit scene twords he beginning of the credit cycle and then roll the rest after. But this movie I guess thy waited for every last credit. I googled it as soon as we left the theater

it was a slow troll indeed. they usually do one halfway and one at the very end. these people left as soon as a name hit the screen though

#736 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:27 AM

Cloak & Dagger Opens To Great Early Reviews

cloak-and-dagger-marvel-comics.jpg

Marvel's latest project to his the small screen has opened to largely positive reviews. Currently sitting at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, 5/5 on Den of Geek and 8.5/10 from IGN.

Tandy Bowen (Olivia Holt) is a teenage grifter and petty criminal, ripping off rich people with her boyfriend, Liam (Carl Lundstedt), and squatting in an abandoned church, avoiding her trailer park-dwelling junkie mother (Andrea Roth). Tyrone Johnson (Aubrey Joseph) is a high school basketball star at a local Catholic school, struggling to live up to the expectations of his demanding parents (Miles Mussenden and Gloria Reuben).

Tandy and Tyrone don't know each other and seem to have nothing in common, but they're about to discover that they're linked through the tragic night Tandy's father died in a car accident and Tyrone's brother was killed by a cop, events joined by an explosion at an offshore rig.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#737 Nyte

Nyte

• Free
  • 23,384 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:40 AM

Venom Sequel!

venom.png

Sequel...geezus. can't say I'm particularly excited to see this movie. I'll probably wait a couple weeks and see what the general consensus is when it comes out, but this movie seems like it's gonna be another Sony disappointment.

crow-momoa-194660.jpg

**** remake?! Original was good enough, leave it the fook alone

Good..leave it alone

this guy knows what's up!!

crow-momoa-194660.jpg

Good..leave it alone

yes!

thank fking god that could have been terrible

omg this might be the first time in three years more than 2+ forum members have agreed on a single subject

remember that killer solo he hits atop the rooftop? yeah try remaking that you fooks!

btw me and Mr. Lee share share the same first names so I feel particular sensitive to this topic

• Eclipse76 likes this

Team Amazin' 2013-'17

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

#738 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:19 AM

Avengers 4 Promo Art LEAKS Online It Features A New Team, New Costumes, And Captain Marvel!

Just in case anyone still hasn't seen Avenger's Infinity War I will put the picture and the discussion in a spoiler box.

Spoiler

Edited by Jolldan, 05 June 2018 - 06:22 AM.

• Eclipse76 likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#739 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:17 AM

Jared Leto Get's Solo Joker Movie, Now There Are Two Joker Movies In The Works

joker-origin-banner-123103.jpeg

It would appear the clown prince of crime is going to be getting some of the most exposure he's ever gotten over the next couple years. With two big screen adaptions now in the works. I will give a little breakdown on both versions, which I think will be better and if we really need both.

Joker Movie 1

jared-leto-joker-movie-700x300.jpg

Variety reports that Jared Leto “is set to star and exec produce an untitled standalone film, paving the way for future movies branching from Suicide Squad.” This is different from Margo Robbie’s disturbing Harley Quinn romcom movie, which Leto is rumored to be involved with, and The Batman, currently in development.

Jared Leto’s Joker didn’t get as much screen time in 2016’s Suicide Squad as some fans may have wanted, but Warner Bros. and DC are looking to rectify that mistake.

Leto wasn’t quiet about his disappointment over Warner Bros. and director David Ayer’s treatment of Joker in Suicide Squad. Leto told IGN in 2016 that he was upset over how his character was handled, airing his frustrations with the entire process.

“Were there any that didn’t get cut,” Leto asked. “I’m asking you, were there any that didn’t get cut? There were so many scenes that got cut from the movie, I couldn’t even start. I think that the Joker… we did a lot of experimentation on the set, we explored a lot. There’s so much that we shot that’s not in the film.”

Joker Movie 2

Joker-Origin-Movie-Joaquin-Phoenix-Will-

After the shocking reveal that Warner Bros. had plans to make a movie focused on the classic Batman villain the Joker as played by Jared Leto, many fans asked one pressing question: what about the many, many other projects in the works featuring the Clown Prince of Crime?

Well, don't worry, because at least one is still moving forward as Deadline confirms the Joker origin movie with Joaquin Phoenix is still in development.

Joaquin Phoenix is in talks to play the Clown Prince of Crime in Warner Bros. and Todd Phillips’ untitled Joker origin movie.

While studio negotiations are not yet underway, Phillips has made it clear that Phoenix is the top choice to star and sources now tell Variety that, after thinking it over, Phoenix has agreed to the role. WB had no comment.

Phillips is on board to co-write and direct the movie. Phillips had met with Phoenix before the new year and was just waiting for the studio’s go-ahead, sources say.

The origin movie being developed by director Todd Phillips will be an "Elseworlds" style project under a banner separate from DC Films. They would not be connected each other except for featuring different takes on the same character.

Now while I think Leto is super talented actor im just not sure if a solo Joker movie will be received that well. Its unfortunate because he was good with the little time he had but I just think the stink of The Suicide Squad will follow him to this one. Am I still going to see it? Hell yes but I will go in with a much lower bar than I had previously.

Phoenix is also a fantastic actor and I think suits the role brilliantly, the big test of this film is doing what it sets out to do in a Joker Origin story. So much of the Joker is the mystery that surrounds him so it will have to be either a brilliant original story or a great adaption of the Killing Joke to do the character justice.

Overall if I had to pick to see just one it would be Phoenix's version.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#740 IrishSemtex

IrishSemtex
  • Free
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:28 PM

Jesus, how many different Jokers and Batmen and Supermen do people really want to see on the screen?? I realize I'm not the biggest comic nerdgin, but doesn't this **** ever get old to you people? Even I know there are hundreds if not thousands of comics and Manga to draw from that could make for interesting movies
  • Eclipse76 and Jolldan like this
Jenna didn't tap.

#741 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:54 AM

Jesus, how many different Jokers and Batmen and Supermen do people really want to see on the screen?? I realize I'm not the biggest comic nerdgin, but doesn't this **** ever get old to you people? Even I know there are hundreds if not thousands of comics and Manga to draw from that could make for interesting movies

I think unfortunately each movie will simply hurt the other's success especially if they come out anywhere near the same time as each other. Personally I would enjoy the Phoenix & Scorsese Joker film just because its very rare to get such a big actor and director on a project like this.

I know what you mean in terms of wanting new character's though. I want them to do a Moon Knight show/movie, The Question show/movie, Booster Gold show/movie. One thing I learned from Guardians of the Galaxy is just because something is lesser known doesn't mean it will be less successful.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#742 IrishSemtex

IrishSemtex
  • Free
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:12 AM

I think unfortunately each movie will simply hurt the other's success especially if they come out anywhere near the same time as each other. Personally I would enjoy the Phoenix & Scorsese Joker film just because its very rare to get such a big actor and director on a project like this.

I know what you mean in terms of wanting new character's though. I want them to do a Moon Knight show/movie, The Question show/movie, Booster Gold show/movie. One thing I learned from Guardians of the Galaxy is just because something is lesser known doesn't mean it will be less successful.

I actually didn't realize the Phoenix version is/was gonna directed by Scorsese. I can see how that would have some appeal.

But yeah, in general it's just the same boring **** Hollywood bull **** being regurgitated ad nauseum. I've always liked Ghost Rider, it would be cool if they could make a GOOD Ghost Rider movie.

I liked the first Spawn, and I liked Michael Jai White in it. Although I like Jamie Fox, I don't know how I feel about him plating the part. But he's surprised me before.

LOVE the first Crow, but the sequels were abominations. They need to let it go. Or MAYBE do a good Netflix type show of it along the lines of Punisher. The old show just wasn't dark enough, but I thought Mark Dacascos did a decent job in the part.
Jenna didn't tap.

#743 Omoplataypus

Omoplataypus

Still Kelvins #1 fan, he'll be back

• Free
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:30 PM

So disappointed...

Would have been hype level 9000 for this movie and this casting just absolutely destroyed it.
  • Jolldan likes this

#744 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:12 AM

So disappointed...

Would have been hype level 9000 for this movie and this casting just absolutely destroyed it.

Maybe its because im not as familiar with character other than the film but I like Fox so willing to give him a shot I just hope he doesn't use the same voice he did for Amazing Spider-Man 2 that was annoying.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#745 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:43 AM

Monday Meme's

l1770824977.jpg

34555042_1757308694355883_81825624329426

34816675_1756303874456365_24256326106265

34780040_1756301077789978_52161786693571

34158611_1751578491595570_79173458745423

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#746 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:54 AM

Infinity War Becomes Fourth Film Ever To Crack $2 Billion!

Avengers-Infinity-War-Box-Office-Opening

Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War has officially joined one of the most exclusive clubs in box office history, becoming just the fourth film ever to earn $2 billion at the box office.

Avengers: Infinity War achieved the milestone after 48 days in theaters, one day longer than it took Avatar to achieve the same goal.

Avengers: Infinity War is the fourth highest grossing movie of all time, behind only the other three members of the $2 billion club: Avatar ($2.788 billion), Titanic ($2.18 billion), and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($2.06 billion).

Avengers: Infinity War was the fastest movie to ever reach $1 billion at the worldwide box office. It is the sixth Marvel Studios film to earn at least $1 billion and is the highest-grossing superhero movie of all time.

Domestically, Avengers: Infinity War was the second-fastest film to reach $500 million and its domestic box office total is now $655.1 million, making it the fifth highest grossing movie ever at the domestic box office, behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($936.6 million), Avatar ($760.5 million), Marvel's own Black Panther ($699.3 million), and Titanic ($659.3 million).

Based on its current momentum - Monday was the first day that Infinity War made less than $1 million worldwide, and that was just barely - the film is expected to surpass Titanic at the domestic box office, but whether it can pass Star Wars: The Force Awakens worldwide is less certain.

Do you think it can knock Star Wars off that third place spot?

• Eclipse76 likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#747 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

there could be zero marvel movies or TV shows ever made again and that would be about eleven too many.

So many better grapgix novels that deserve the spotlight more than **** marvel man or whatever the next retarded idea is.
  • IrishSemtex likes this

v4MjFdj.png

#748 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:26 AM

Wonder Woman 2 Title Announced & First Photo's Drop

Welcome to WONDER WOMAN 1984!!!

This was the tweet from director Patty Jenkins announcing the title for the sequel to the 2017 box office smash. (along with a little spoiler that I have put below in case you don't want anything spoiled.)

DfkvDJeX4AAoDzt.jpg?w=780

Spoiler

Edited by Jolldan, 13 June 2018 - 07:27 AM.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#749 GoToGuy

GoToGuy
  • Free
  • 6,874 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:58 PM

Wonder Woman 2 Title Announced & First Photo's Drop

Welcome to WONDER WOMAN 1984!!!

This was the tweet from director Patty Jenkins announcing the title for the sequel to the 2017 box office smash. (along with a little spoiler that I have put below in case you don't want anything spoiled.)

DfkvDJeX4AAoDzt.jpg?w=780

Spoiler

My thoughts on said spoiler below.

Spoiler

Edited by GoToGuy, 14 June 2018 - 01:01 PM.

• Jolldan likes this

#750 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,426 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

It's flashback wolf tickets

• Eclipse76 likes this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4