Jump to content
Jolldan

All Things Marvel & DC Thread: First Look At Pattinson's Batsuit

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

WHAT!!! You any idea when? 

I don't, I heard it on the radio this morning but they didn't have a date. I've seen other comments saying that The Punisher will be available for years to come so maybe the radio confused the TV series with Marvel or other Disney movies that are being removed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I don't, I heard it on the radio this morning but they didn't have a date. I've seen other comments saying that The Punisher will be available for years to come so maybe the radio confused the TV series with Marvel or other Disney movies that are being removed. 

The shows are Netflix originals so I doubt they’d have to take those off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, poonmachine said:

The shows are Netflix originals so I doubt they’d have to take those off 

That's what I thought when I heard it. I also don't see Disney reviving them anytime soon for the same reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TUF said:

Mail day.

1st appearance of Juggernaut. 1st appearance of Venom. 

AFKkZfE.pngCsgyLMp.png

Nice one where did you get them from? Thinking about just buying a few raw books myself and sending them away to get graded. Currently looking at this just now.

Thor-337-CGC-9-0-Front.jpg

Yes I was one of those weirdo's who liked Bill lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Nice one where did you get them from? Thinking about just buying a few raw books myself and sending them away to get graded. Currently looking at this just now.

Thor-337-CGC-9-0-Front.jpg

Yes I was one of those weirdo's who liked Bill lol

Ebay. Paid about two fiddy for each after taxes/shipping. Just going to call them an early birthday present lol 

Yea, that's a cool cover. Have been chatting with TigerChamp about it a bit but building towards a theme. 

Having this mural painted in the house and

51931661_553477945158815_4809159822899412992_n.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQlS2paOsZYHcFpSqPKrWINMaOa6OHDjayeKlyJ2xB1ZhNhHXCGuc-AbX3MVyfj3Guc&_nc_ht=scontent.fdsm1-1.fna&oh=3f6479f30696d2a18f3d881b1d8a863c&oe=5D1B0792

cutting out some hole displays in the walls where the stones are and filling them with a bunch of grails...

0cHZqEY.png

All keys/1st appearances. Obviously some aren't in the budget but they go with the theme. And then displaying them with a matching lighted displays

w0gc51k.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TUF said:

Ebay. Paid about two fiddy for each after taxes/shipping. Just going to call them an early birthday present lol 

Yea, that's a cool cover. Have been chatting with TigerChamp about it a bit but building towards a theme. 

Having this mural painted in the house and

51931661_553477945158815_4809159822899412992_n.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQlS2paOsZYHcFpSqPKrWINMaOa6OHDjayeKlyJ2xB1ZhNhHXCGuc-AbX3MVyfj3Guc&_nc_ht=scontent.fdsm1-1.fna&oh=3f6479f30696d2a18f3d881b1d8a863c&oe=5D1B0792

cutting out some hole displays in the walls where the stones are and filling them with a bunch of grails...

0cHZqEY.png

All keys/1st appearances. Obviously some aren't in the budget but they go with the theme. And then displaying them with a matching lighted displays

w0gc51k.png

That would be sick, fancied starting a collection myself for a long time but its just what to get started on and how much to pay for them. lol im the same as you though its mainly first appearance's I would like to collect as well.

Image result for flash 105Image result for flash issue 123Image result for flash issue 110Image result for flash issue 139Image result for flash issue 181

Image result for batman issue 121Image result for batman issue 181Image result for batman issue 400Image result for detective comics 359Image result for detective comics 140Related image

Image result for amazing spiderman 20Image result for amazing spiderman 46Image result for amazing spiderman 101Image result for amazing spiderman 194Image result for amazing spiderman 361

Image result for new mutants 98Image result for thor vs silver surfer comicImage result for daredevil 131Image result for tales to astonish 13Image result for fantastic four 12Image result for silver surfer first issue

Just a few I will likely never have the money to afford haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

That would be sick, fancied starting a collection myself for a long time but its just what to get started on and how much to pay for them. lol im the same as you though its mainly first appearance's I would like to collect as well.

Image result for flash 105Image result for flash issue 123Image result for flash issue 110Image result for flash issue 139Image result for flash issue 181

Image result for batman issue 121Image result for batman issue 181Image result for batman issue 400Image result for detective comics 359Image result for detective comics 140Related image

Image result for amazing spiderman 20Image result for amazing spiderman 46Image result for amazing spiderman 101Image result for amazing spiderman 194Image result for amazing spiderman 361

Image result for new mutants 98Image result for thor vs silver surfer comicImage result for daredevil 131Image result for tales to astonish 13Image result for fantastic four 12Image result for silver surfer first issue

Just a few I will likely never have the money to afford haha

Those are some iconic covers. Some of them surprisingly affordable though. Nearly bought that Poison Ivy 1st appearance last night cause of the color but also cause the price was much more reasonable than Juggernaut/Venom. Just jump in man. What's a grail to you doesn't have to be a grail to everybody else so you can find some comics to be proud of at a pretty decent price. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 8:51 AM, TUF said:

Mail day.

1st appearance of Juggernaut. 1st appearance of Venom. 

AFKkZfE.pngCsgyLMp.png

I'm jelly as fook of your juggernaut issue... he's my favorite since I was a kid 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Eclipse76 said:

I'm jelly as fook of your juggernaut issue... he's my favorite since I was a kid 

Same. Had to settle. Any decent looking copy was tew much. Hulk 181 (1st Wolverine) and Spiderman 129 (1st Punisher) are up there too but will have to add you to me and TCs nerdgin comic group chat on FB. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Will Smith won't be in the Suicide Squad sequel due to "scheduling conflicts"

Thank god

I like Smith but honestly this might sort some of the issues of the first film. The first felt much more like a Deadshot & Harley film featuring other characters than an actual team movie, at least with less mega A-List stars more characters might get a chance to shine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

X-Men: Dark Phoenix Trailer #2

 

 

A lot better a trailer than the first one you can definitely tell effects weren't finished in that first trailer that look a lot better now. Got to be honest though im still on the fence on this one at best. Personally as much as I love McAvoy & Fassbender I felt like this iteration of the characters had run its course by the end of Apocalypse. Will still go and see it but im not bursting with anticipation for this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be more hyped to watch that Oscar movie last year where the woman has sects with a fish than either of those ^ if im honest

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TUF said:

Would be more hyped to watch that Oscar movie last year where the woman has sects with a fish than either of those ^ if im honest

Shazam is my movie im quietly getting hopeful could be good. Still on the fence about Hellboy never should have gotten rid of Del Toro & Pearlman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Who's going to see captain marvel this weekend then? This could be my mcu cinema debut. 

It's actually the perfect fit for your viewing habits mate as it doesn't fit into the sequential timeline. Will see it for the sake of some continuity but basically this...

7 hours ago, TUF said:

Would be more hyped to watch that Oscar movie last year where the woman has sects with a fish than either of those ^ if im honest

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TUF said:

It's actually the perfect fit for your viewing habits mate as it doesn't fit into the sequential timeline. Will see it for the sake of some continuity but basically this...

 

Lol.

Maybe I should wait until it comes out on Netflix and watch it after infinity war 2 to be consistent. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Who's going to see captain marvel this weekend then? This could be my mcu cinema debut. 

Im trying to get two of my mates to go this weekend will probably be next week for me though.

19 hours ago, TUF said:

I feel like this score is going to tank. All the wimmin and Disney shills getting in early. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/captain_marvel

I read a couple reviews that echoed the same thing, they all said that Captain Marvel fail's trying to be what Marvel what Wonder Woman was for DC.

Some of the reviews are actually hilarious some black lady who reviewed it said one of the reasons she liked it was because there was a black single mom in it:wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

Im trying to get two of my mates to go this weekend will probably be next week for me though.

I read a couple reviews that echoed the same thing, they all said that Captain Marvel fail's trying to be what Marvel what Wonder Woman was for DC.

Some of the reviews are actually hilarious some black lady who reviewed it said one of the reasons she liked it was because there was a black single mom in it:wacko:

I imagine this is going to be Marvel's Last Jedi. If you don't like it, YOU'RE just not woke enough! I hope it tanks solely on all the chit Brie Larson has been talking. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arrow To End With Season 8

Related image

The next season of “Arrow” will be its last, Variety has learned.

The CW’s longest-running current DC Comics series, which was renewed for an eighth season back in January, will end after Season 8 airs during the 2019-2020 season. The final season will consist of 10 episodes.

“This was a difficult decision to come to, but like every hard decision we’ve made for the past seven years, it was with the best interests of ‘Arrow’ in mind,” series executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Beth Schwartz said in a statement. “We’re heartened by the fact that ‘Arrow’ has birthed an entire universe of shows that will continue on for many years to come. We’re excited about crafting a conclusion that honors the show, its characters and its legacy and are grateful to all the writers, producers, actors, and — more importantly — the incredible crew that has sustained us and the show for over seven years.”

Series star Stephen Amell also posted the following message on Twitter: “Playing Oliver Queen has been the greatest professional experience of my life… but you can’t be a vigilante forever…There’s so much to say… for now I just want to say thank you.”

 

Idris Elba Takes Over From Will Smith As Deadshot

Image result for idris elba deadshot

Idris Elba is joining the squad. Sources tell Variety that Elba is Warner Bros. choice to replace Will Smith as Deadshot in the “Suicide Squad” sequel.

Smith had to bow out of the upcoming DC Comics movie due to scheduling conflicts, and the studio moved fast to find another proven A-lister to replace him before production starts in September.

It’s currently unknown who will be joining Elba in the sequel, though many believe Margot Robbie will return as Harley Quinn. James Gun was tapped to write and direct the film. The release date is currently set for Aug. 6, 2021.

19 hours ago, TUF said:

I imagine this is going to be Marvel's Last Jedi. If you don't like it, YOU'RE just not woke enough! I hope it tanks solely on all the chit Brie Larson has been talking. 

The only thing I had seen her in previously was that new Kong movie and even in that they're was something about her I couldn't put my finger on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

arrow finished sometime around when Barry and Iris got married 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, crangs said:

arrow finished sometime around when Barry and Iris got married 

Its definitely been on shakier legs since the end of season 4. Season 6 ep 17 was one of the best of the show though. I have watched it for so long I feel like I kind of owe it to see the end now lol.

Started Umbrella Academy last night, only did the first episode but a solid opener if you are looking for something to watch.

They better not cancel Legends, Mick makes the show

Image result for mick legends of tomorrow witch gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signing Elba actually gives me hope for the new DCEU reboot. Sort of strange that they're going with a younger Batman but older Deadshot. Doesn't give me much optimism he'll stick around any longer than Affleck. Guy is going to be busy tho. Fast and Furious franchise, DC, and supposedly the new bond after Craig retires. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TUF said:

Signing Elba actually gives me hope for the new DCEU reboot. Sort of strange that they're going with a younger Batman but older Deadshot. Doesn't give me much optimism he'll stick around any longer than Affleck. Guy is going to be busy tho. Fast and Furious franchise, DC, and supposedly the new bond after Craig retires. 

I think an older Deadshot could work, he's basically a guy with a gun so no need for him to be a young guy.

Odds were slashed yesterday that Cillian Murphy would take up the role, agree I would much prefer Idris though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TUF said:

Signing Elba actually gives me hope for the new DCEU reboot. Sort of strange that they're going with a younger Batman but older Deadshot. Doesn't give me much optimism he'll stick around any longer than Affleck. Guy is going to be busy tho. Fast and Furious franchise, DC, and supposedly the new bond after Craig retires. 

I read that he doesn't want to be Bond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Go watch Captain Marvel 🙌 🙌

 

Story itself was average imo but i enjoyed the call backs/easter eggs, whatever you want to call them. Seeing the origins for a lot of the happenings over the last 10+ years was pretty cool too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TUF said:

Story itself was average imo but i enjoyed the call backs/easter eggs, whatever you want to call them. Seeing the origins for a lot of the happenings over the last 10+ years was pretty cool too. 

Where's the god damn spoiler tag? I want to talk about it.

Let's just say I really enjoyed the 2nd half of the movie and the big event in it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Captain Marvel wasnt a great movie... Did a fair job at introducing the character, though didnt get me invested in her at the same time.

Sounds like Im saying its terrible, it isnt... hard to say much more without spoiling.

Worth a watch. Was more Iron Man 1 than GOTG 1 if that makes sense. Tried to be GOTG 1 levels of awesome, but missed the mark for mine... and I really like the direction they chose but it lacked something, I can best describe as an emotional buy in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Genki said:

Captain Marvel wasnt a great movie... Did a fair job at introducing the character, though didnt get me invested in her at the same time.

Sounds like Im saying its terrible, it isnt... hard to say much more without spoiling.

Worth a watch. Was more Iron Man 1 than GOTG 1 if that makes sense. Tried to be GOTG 1 levels of awesome, but missed the mark for mine... and I really like the direction they chose but it lacked something, I can best describe as an emotional buy in.

This ^ when you start wondering half way through the movie if Ronda Rousey would have actually done a better job, you know you fooked up

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Movie wasnt bad. Wasnt their best thats for damn sure.

Larson and Jackson did well playing off each other. I dont think we have seen the Fury character interact as well with anyone else.

Goose was surprisingly entertaining

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

Keeping your "worst taste in movies" forum title undisputed there m8

 

P. S did you give the Ghostbusters reboot five or six out of five? 

Marvel is the GOAT and currently untouchable. 

And no, I haven’t seen either Ghostbusters movie

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Marvel is the GOAT and currently untouchable. 

And no, I haven’t seen either Ghostbusters movie

Captain Marvel? The film?  Or Marvel the company? Is it just that good movies don't make it down the river to you?  You have good taste in sports how the hell can you be so terrible with film?  Generally confused as I've been a Mauro fan since day 1 NQA asked

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Captain Marvel? The film?  Or Marvel the company? Is it just that good movies don't make it down the river to you?  You have good taste in sports how the hell can you be so terrible with film?  Generally confused as I've been a Mauro fan since day 1 NQA asked

Marvel’s cinematic universe is the best form of entertainment right now outside of sports, and Captain Marvel is 9/10 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Marvel’s cinematic universe is the best form of entertainment right now outside of sports, and Captain Marvel is 9/10 😎

For further Mauro burying, can you tell us some of the other Marvel movies you would give a 9/10 rating?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TUF said:

For further Mauro burying, can you tell us some of the other Marvel movies you would give a 9/10 rating?

I'll give you my full MCU rankings in a few minutes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TUF said:

For further Mauro burying, can you tell us some of the other Marvel movies you would give a 9/10 rating?

Here we go. Ratings - X out of 10

Iron Man I - 9

Edward Norton's Hulk - 7

Iron Man II - 7

Thor I - 7.5

Cap I - 9.5

The Avengers I - 8.5

Iron Man III - 7

Thor II - 6

Cap II (Winter Soldier) - 9.5

Guardians I - 10

Age of Ultron - 8

Ant-Man I - 9

Cap III (Civil War) - 11. Greatest movie of all time

Doctor Strange - 9.5

Guardians II - 7.5

Spider-Man Homecoming - 9.5

Thor III (Ragnarok) - 9.5

Black Panther - 9.5

Avengers III (Infinity War) - 10

Ant-Man and the Wasp - 8

Captain Marvel - 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Here we go. Ratings - X out of 10

Iron Man I - 9

Edward Norton's Hulk - 7

Iron Man II - 7

Thor I - 7.5

Cap I - 9.5

The Avengers I - 8.5

Iron Man III - 7

Thor II - 6

Cap II (Winter Soldier) - 9.5

Guardians I - 10

Age of Ultron - 8

Ant-Man I - 9

Cap III (Civil War) - 11. Greatest movie of all time

Doctor Strange - 9.5

Guardians II - 7.5

Spider-Man Homecoming - 9.5

Thor III (Ragnarok) - 9.5

Black Panther - 9.5

Avengers III (Infinity War) - 10

Ant-Man and the Wasp - 8

Captain Marvel - 9

Now I don't know what to believe because these are surprisingly accurate until Black Wolf Tickets and Captain Marvel. Dr Strange and Cap America 1 get strangely underrated/overlooked with these lists so you earned my hespect. Watched Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 recently after the debate about which was the worst in this thread and I still maintain that Iron Man 3 is by far the worst in the MCU. Thor 2 actually had more redeeming qualities than I remembered. I agree with almost everything else here although GotG2 having the same rating as Thor 1 seems a bit harsh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×