Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

All Things Marvel & DC Thread: Iron Fist Cancelled!!!

lol should have watched GOTG 2 before 1 just in the name of science. Some good viewing still left. Patriotism aside, Captain America 1 is enjoyable but I can see it being your least favorite of the bunch left. That list makes me jealous of the generation that gets to grow up binge watching the MCU anew the way I did with the Star Wars OT as a kid.

• Like 2

First Look at Ruby Rose As Batwoman

Batwoman-Elseworlds-Arrowverse-Ruby-Rose-First-Look

The CW has released the first official look at Ruby Rose in her role as Kate Kane/Batwoman.

The character will debut during December's "Elseworlds" crossover between Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl.

"Elseworlds" will see Green Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl heading to Gotham City and teaming up with Batwoman after some good, old-fashioned mad science at Arkham Asylum captures the attention of heroes from throughout the multiverse.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow will sit this crossover event out, but if you want to imagine there is a fourth show involved, console yourself in knowing that a Batwoman pilot starring Rose is in development.

The Batwoman costume was designed by four-time Academy Award winner Colleen Atwood, who is no stranger to superheroes. Before designing Batwoman, she worked on costumes for Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and both versions (2001 and 2017) of The Tick.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

First Look at Ruby Rose As Batwoman

Batwoman-Elseworlds-Arrowverse-Ruby-Rose-First-Look

The CW has released the first official look at Ruby Rose in her role as Kate Kane/Batwoman.

The character will debut during December's "Elseworlds" crossover between Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl.

"Elseworlds" will see Green Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl heading to Gotham City and teaming up with Batwoman after some good, old-fashioned mad science at Arkham Asylum captures the attention of heroes from throughout the multiverse.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow will sit this crossover event out, but if you want to imagine there is a fourth show involved, console yourself in knowing that a Batwoman pilot starring Rose is in development.

The Batwoman costume was designed by four-time Academy Award winner Colleen Atwood, who is no stranger to superheroes. Before designing Batwoman, she worked on costumes for Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and both versions (2001 and 2017) of The Tick.

lol. the difference between this pic stretched out on my phone screen and opening it up in a new tab are hilarious.  Goes from Mr fantastic to the thing in build.  and there goes my useless contribution to this thread today 😂

• Like 2

Think I'll watch ant man and the wasp tonight and by watch I mean start watching and then fall asleep cos these 12 hour shifts are making me as tired as the black beast in a 5 round fight atm

• Like 1

James Gunn in Talks to Direct, Write 'Suicide Squad 2'

Image result for james gunn suicide squad

In a major turn, it looks like another superhero studio is looking to bring James Gunn back into the fold. After being removed from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, it seems like the director is in talks to write and direct Suicide Squad 2 for DC Films and Warner Bros. Picture.

According to a report from The Wrap, it looks like Gunn is being looked at by DC Films to bolster its superhero franchise. Suicide Squad 2 is one of several projects the DCEU has in the works, but no director has been confirmed for the project as of yet.

Right now, the script for the sequel is being finalized now that its first draft is finished. According to Todd Stashwick, a co-writer on Suicide Squad 2, the script came together nicely with David Bar Katz and O'Connor. However, if Gunn is brought in, it seems likely the director-screenwriter will be tasked with overhauling the script entirely.

And it would seem one of his former Guardian's is ready to jump ship with him

Dave Bautista Ready for 'Suicide Squad 2' With James Gunn

Image result for dave bautista suicide squad

Today, superhero movie fans were surprised with a new report that James Gunn is in talks to write and direct Suicide Squad 2 for DC Films and Warner Bros. Pictures, but it should come as no surprise that he has the full support of one of his Guardians of the Galaxy stars -- Dave Bautista.

Bautista, who has been vocally supportive of Gunn following his firing from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 earlier this year, took to Twitter to show his enthusiastic support for Gunn potentially moving on to DC Films -- and even wanted to know where he could sign on to be a part of it. Check out the tweet below.

Where do I sign up! James Gunn Boards ‘Suicide Squad 2’ To Write And Possibly Direct – Deadline

— Dave Bautista (@DaveBautista) October 9, 2018
Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Jolldan said:

James Gunn in Talks to Direct, Write 'Suicide Squad 2'

Image result for james gunn suicide squad

In a major turn, it looks like another superhero studio is looking to bring James Gunn back into the fold. After being removed from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, it seems like the director is in talks to write and direct Suicide Squad 2 for DC Films and Warner Bros. Picture.

According to a report from The Wrap, it looks like Gunn is being looked at by DC Films to bolster its superhero franchise. Suicide Squad 2 is one of several projects the DCEU has in the works, but no director has been confirmed for the project as of yet.

Right now, the script for the sequel is being finalized now that its first draft is finished. According to Todd Stashwick, a co-writer on Suicide Squad 2, the script came together nicely with David Bar Katz and O'Connor. However, if Gunn is brought in, it seems likely the director-screenwriter will be tasked with overhauling the script entirely.

And it would seem one of his former Guardian's is ready to jump ship with him

Dave Bautista Ready for 'Suicide Squad 2' With James Gunn

Image result for dave bautista suicide squad

Today, superhero movie fans were surprised with a new report that James Gunn is in talks to write and direct Suicide Squad 2 for DC Films and Warner Bros. Pictures, but it should come as no surprise that he has the full support of one of his Guardians of the Galaxy stars -- Dave Bautista.

Bautista, who has been vocally supportive of Gunn following his firing from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 earlier this year, took to Twitter to show his enthusiastic support for Gunn potentially moving on to DC Films -- and even wanted to know where he could sign on to be a part of it. Check out the tweet below.

Where do I sign up! James Gunn Boards ‘Suicide Squad 2’ To Write And Possibly Direct – Deadline

— Dave Bautista (@DaveBautista) October 9, 2018

I think DC finally found their niche with the Nolan era, pissed it up the wall in the Batfleck era, and as much as I enjoyed the GOTG, Gunn isnt the fit for DC unless they can tune him into their universe.

Dont get me wrong, Gunn is capable of it, I just see his efforts to teach marvel a lesson will fall short and be a final nail in the plebs investment DC cinematic universe.

As much as I love both DC and the Star Wars franchises, one has to fall, and Im backing DC. Praying its DC.... I am awaiting the day that a franchise who has an audience on tap, solid print universe at their fingertips, falls on its face because it ignored its roots. The day one flops and never recovers, sounds the day that the plebs refused to accept mediocrity, and the game is forced to rise to the audiences lofty standards. Not hating on DC, but out of it and Star Wars.... easy choice. As long as they both make drivel yet still profit from it, we are destined for more of the same. One must die!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genki said:

I think DC finally found their niche with the Nolan era, pissed it up the wall in the Batfleck era, and as much as I enjoyed the GOTG, Gunn isnt the fit for DC unless they can tune him into their universe.

Dont get me wrong, Gunn is capable of it, I just see his efforts to teach marvel a lesson will fall short and be a final nail in the plebs investment DC cinematic universe.

As much as I love both DC and the Star Wars franchises, one has to fall, and Im backing DC. Praying its DC.... I am awaiting the day that a franchise who has an audience on tap, solid print universe at their fingertips, falls on its face because it ignored its roots. The day one flops and never recovers, sounds the day that the plebs refused to accept mediocrity, and the game is forced to rise to the audiences lofty standards. Not hating on DC, but out of it and Star Wars.... easy choice. As long as they both make drivel yet still profit from it, we are destined for more of the same. One must die!

I think it very much depends on what he's coming for like you said, if its to go f u to marvel and basically just make GOTG3 with DC then no it doesn't work but if he is genuinely interested in re working the story I think it could be a massive improvement from the first.

See as much as I love the Star Wars franchise if had to pick I would be the other way round. Im not a hater to anywhere near the degree a lot have people have been but the new cast just aren't that amazing to me they are all fun to watch but nobody stands out like Ford did in the original trilogy. After episode 9 I also don't really know what they will do as I imagine this will be a close on this new trilogy and if Solo is anything to go buy there spin offs aren't looking too promising.

One thing I am definitely liking is the comic book accuracy they are trying to go for in most of there movies now (personally never thought I would see the orange Aquaman suit on the big screen).

This will be a telling year for DC if the tail end of 2018 and then 2019 is a flop then you are probably right I could see this likely being the end of the DCEU for at least a couple years.

1. Wonder Woman 1984 - This is DC's biggest gun after the success of the first one I feel like this is one of the only DC movies that is not starting off with really low expectations. If the sequel is anywhere near as successful then they will definitely have at least one more film with the Wonder Woman trilogy.
  2. Aquaman - Of the new properties that DC is launching I think this is their best bet, people really like Jason Momoa and James Wan is a good director. Plus with so many superhero movies nowadays the underwater setting makes it at the very least unique.
  3. Shazam - I honestly can't judge this one yet, think it will either be a massive success financially as im pretty sure this has a lower budget than usual for a superhero movie or it is just going to get totally panned. Its hard to judge as personally I could see Shazam fitting in to that family superhero that people enjoy like Ant-Man but could be wrong.
  4. Suicide Squad 2 - Look for this to be pushed back to 2020 but currently it is stated as having a 2019 release. This is the one im most worried for as good as I think Gunn could be good but it will carry a lot of baggage, plus Will Smith & Margot Robbie aren't going to be enough anymore the film will actually have to be good to get audiences in this time.

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Breaking! New Glass Trailer

Well atleast we'll always have Unbreakable and Split

• Like 2

Iron Fist Has Been Cancelled!!!

Image result for iron fist

Iron Fist has lost his chi. Netflix and Marvel have come to mutual decision to end the streaming series after two seasons.

Apparently a much-improved second season was not enough for Marvel and Netflix to order a third season and the story of Danny Rand could end here, depending on what the character's involvement in any potential future Defenders series might be.

Marvel and Netflix delivered the following joint statement to Deadline:

“Marvel’s Iron Fist will not return for a third season on Netflix. Everyone at Marvel Television and Netflix is proud of the series and grateful for all of the hard work from our incredible cast, crew and showrunners. We’re thankful to the fans who have watched these two seasons, and for the partnership we’ve shared on this series. While the series on Netflix has ended, the immortal Iron Fist will live on.”

At some point one of the Marvel Netflix shows was going to become the first one to get cancelled or negotiate its own end. Iron Fist, as undoubtedly the weakest of its peers, would have been a good bet to be the first to get the Stormbreaker of cancellation. Still, this is unexpected to say the least. Not only was season two of the show a lot better than the first, but it ended on some pretty massive cliff-hanger's. Here are the three biggest questions im gutted we wont get any answers to.

• Daughter's of the Dragon - The chemistry and side story between Misty and Coleen was one of the best parts of the series and with Coleen now being left with the power of the Iron Fist and Misty Knight teasing an "upgrade" version of her arm you would have had a great duo to move the focus on to next season if you wanted Danny' story to take a back seat.
  • Orson Randall's Pistols and the new powers of the Iron Fist - Our whole understanding of how the Iron Fist works is changed by the end of season 2. We've seen Davos master using it with not one but two hands, Coleen can now channel the power of the fist through her sword and Danny can even shoot chi bullets.
  • The Third Alter of Mary Walker - Although she never really took centre stage as the main villain she was my personal favourite throughout the season. And at the end we learn there is an even more dangerous third personality of Mary Walker that has yet to be seen again.

I liked it more than most critics apparently seemed to, was genuinely looking forward to a run of the immortal weapons and The Capital Cities of Heaven,  thought it was unfairly criticised before it was even released by the SJW crowd for its mere existence. Having said that, i dont think this is really a shock to anyone,  and from the rumors im hearing all the Netflix series will be coming to a close sooner rather than later, the queztion is what will Disney do when they launch their stramming service....

• Like 1