Jolldan

All Things Marvel & DC Thread: James Gunn Announces Cast For Suicide Squad

12 minutes ago, TUF said:

I can't wait to hear the conspiracy theorists dissect this poster and why Thor is the only one looking the other direction for the next month....

the fact you ignored the one black female looking elsewhere as well makes me think your maga hat is too tight, m8 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

i'm just curious to see who do you guys think would be the perfect casting for the fantastic four and the x-men in the MCU

like i said the only one i want to see play Wolverine is Hugh

George Clooney could be a fun Reed Richards

same goes for John Krasinski as the Human Torch 

what do you guys think 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, crangs said:

the fact you ignored the one black female looking elsewhere as well makes me think your maga hat is too tight, m8 

lolol when Disney can't even be bothered to list her name on the poster despite giving literally everybody else on the poster billing, I can't be expected to care. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

i'm just curious to see who do you guys think would be the perfect casting for the fantastic four and the x-men in the MCU

what do you guys think 

I always pictured as more of a Ghost Rider

• Haha 2

Kransinski could hang in current MCU but Clooney seems like the kinda cuck that comes in and Afflecks the series. The only good the Fantastic 4 would be to me in the MCU is to come in, get br00tally pink socked by Galactus to set up a showdown with characters people actually care about. 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

definitely wont be the same but i think theres a lot to look forward to especially now that Disney has the rights to fantastic four and the X-men

Yeah nothing will be quiet the same as the infinity stones but you're right there the FF & X-Men will offer some incredible villains on their own.

Galactus, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Mr Sinister, Apocalypse, Onslaught, Omega Red to name a few

58 minutes ago, TUF said:

Nothing will be as engaging as the overarching story of the infinity stones but I think a Galactus storyline is their best hope. Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Four have always been the least interesting reoccurring characters in Marvel for me personally but the Xmen/Avenger crossovers should be fun. 

I would love to see a X-Men vs. Avengers storyline.

Yeah I think 3 sub par movies have really dented their appeal they've never personally been my favourite marvel characters but I think if the Incredibles has shown anything its how good a story like that could be if done right.

Plus if they introduced Silver Surfer he could literally back hand Carol in to oblivion if she gets too big for her boots lol.

49 minutes ago, TUF said:

I like this. The first Fantastic Four wasn't turrible for early 2000s standards but I just don't find the characters that interesting, or Silver Surfer. I just don't get their popularity. Their powers and characterization are just boring to me. Some fun villains though. Have always liked the Galactus storylines although Thanos killed Galactus so not sure how they'd spin him as a bigger baddie. Fook it, just give Wolverine the Nick Fury treatment and CGI Hugh Jackman into the movies.  

I think they've only done that a few times, unless Thanos has the gauntlet with a few stones Galactus stomps him.

main-qimg-6bc0f9c98d7c50904e7e7797791aad8b-c
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Yeah nothing will be quiet the same as the infinity stones but you're right there the FF & X-Men will offer some incredible villains on their own.

Galactus, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Mr Sinister, Apocalypse, Onslaught, Omega Red to name a few

Image result for i have some bad news gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

what do you guys think 

X-Men I would need to think about its odd you say Krakinski for Human Torch I honestly think he would make a decent Reed, remember when they reliceiev a mock up of him. And If they got him for Reed then their would be no better Sue than Emily BluntRelated image

I would probably have Zac Efron as first choice for Human Torch you can just see him pulling of that ****y arrogance really well.

Ben Grimm is a harder one I would probably go with Joel Edgerton, he managed to convey a lot of emotion in bright even wearing heavy makeup so I think he'd do a good job and he's a good all round actor.

6 minutes ago, TUF said:

Image result for i have some bad news gif

Fox took one of the best X-Men villains and chit on it with a terrible casting in that midget Isaac, dialogue that literally sounded like they bought a book called "generic bad guy lines" and some of the worst costume/makeup choices ever. He looked like Ivan Ooze out of the old Power Rangers movie and I won't hear the bullchit "his costume doesn't translate well" the pic below was done by a cosplayer and looks far more comic accurate and intimidating than the movie.

Related image

• Like 3

I like the theory going around about Thanos killing half of humanity to save it from Galactus. Galactus consumed planets but with every planet halved, Galactus wouldn't give a chit supposedly so in theory, Thanos saved all of humanity by killing half of it. It's based in a lot of comics storylines too. Seems like a good kicking off point for Galactus if true. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

X-Men I would need to think about its odd you say Krakinski for Human Torch I honestly think he would make a decent Reed, remember when they reliceiev a mock up of him. And If they got him for Reed then their would be no better Sue than Emily BluntRelated image

I would probably have Zac Efron as first choice for Human Torch you can just see him pulling of that ****y arrogance really well.

Ben Grimm is a harder one I would probably go with Joel Edgerton, he managed to convey a lot of emotion in bright even wearing heavy makeup so I think he'd do a good job and he's a good all round actor.

Fox took one of the best X-Men villains and chit on it with a terrible casting in that midget Isaac, dialogue that literally sounded like they bought a book called "generic bad guy lines" and some of the worst costume/makeup choices ever. He looked like Ivan Ooze out of the old Power Rangers movie and I won't hear the bullchit "his costume doesn't translate well" the pic below was done by a cosplayer and looks far more comic accurate and intimidating than the movie.

I agree with literally everything in this post. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MoZZez said:

Looks like Disney just rehired Gunn for Guardians 3

Thats a good thing IMO

Glad the decision makers can actually tell the difference between dark humour and an actual paedophile. I'm glad he is back. I wonder if the feedback from capt marvel influenced this decision. 

• Like 1

Comic Book Movie News

1. James Gunn’s Suicide Squad is a reboot, not a sequel, and is definitely releasing before Guardians of the Galaxy 3

Image result for james gunn suicide squad

Maybe we should pump the brakes just a little on the whole Guardians of the Galaxy 3 thing. Sure, we have every reason to celebrate James Gunn being re-hired by Marvel, but that doesn’t mean things are changing overnight. The director is still attached to a new Suicide Squad, one that is now apparently going to be a bit more of a shake-up than we first thought. Even for MCU fans, its schedule could push back any potential Guardians of the Galaxy 3 release date.

Speaking to JoBlo about Gunn’s DC project, simply titled The Suicide Squad, DC producer Peter Safran opened up about which movie out of Guardians 3 and Suicide Squad is a priority for the director, and what we could expect to see from the new Suicide Squad movie.

But, first up, the elephant in the room: Guardians of the Galaxy 3. That’s all been sorted out on both sides of the coin according to Safran, who reveals that: “Everybody knows on both sides that Suicide Squad is the priority today and he’ll finish that movie and then everybody knows that his next film will be Guardians.”

That puts a spanner in the works a little for anybody expecting Guardians 3 to shoot out of the blocks and accompany the rest of the new Marvel movies arriving early in Phase 4. The Suicide Squad has a tentative release date of August 2021 according to THR. That puts a Guardians of the Galaxy 3 release at 2022 at the absolute earliest.

But back to The Suicide Squad. That name should set alarm bells ringing for anyone anticipating a sequel. It’s (probably) not going to be one. Safran explains: “We don’t call it Suicide Squad 2 because it’s a total reboot, so it’s The Suicide Squad.” James Gunn is going to get a clean slate of sorts and, hopefully, carte blanche to pick his roster as he’s both on writing and directing duties.

2. Ray Fisher Won't Return, Solo Film Cancelled

Image result for ray fisher cyborg

A source has told We Got This Covered that the Cyborg film is never going to happen at this point, as the studio has zero interest right now in continuing Victor Stone’s story on the big screen. That includes featuring him in a supporting or cameo capacity in another hero’s movie. To put it frankly, we’ve been told that the studio just doesn’t care about making any more projects with Fisher.

3. New Mutants Likely To End Up Skipping Theatres And Going Straight To Disney+Image result for new mutants

Before the Disney/Fox merger started falling into place, The New Mutants was supposed to undergo extensive reshoots to add new characters and drastically alter the movie's tone. They still haven't happened, though, and now it seems as if the movie will just be released in its current state on the Disney+ streaming service rather than in theaters. 

That obviously makes sense because Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige are planning to reboot the X-Men Universe
, and a new report from Vanity Fair now confirms that it will be a "likely casualty" of the merger and "Its moderate budget, younger cast, and smaller spectacle make it the perfect title to send directly to consumers" on the online platform. 

4 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Comic Book Movie News

1. James Gunn’s Suicide Squad is a reboot, not a sequel, and is definitely releasing before Guardians of the Galaxy 3

2. Ray Fisher Won't Return, Solo Film Cancelled

Image result for ray fisher cyborg

Image result for and nothing of value was lost gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TUF said:

Image result for and nothing of value was lost gif

Haha he was probably my least favourite of the Justice League mostly because he had the least screen time.

Feel bad for the dude though remember at one point he thought he was going to be appearing in like 5 movies and getting his own trilogy lol, that sure went south fast.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Haha he was probably my least favourite of the Justice League mostly because he had the least screen time.

Feel bad for the dude though remember at one point he thought he was going to be appearing in like 5 movies and getting his own trilogy lol, that sure went south fast.

Did he really say that?

Unpopular opinion but I don't think Justice League or Suicide Squad were that turribad that they were a franchise killer. Not sure I would be interested in solo spin offs but was looking forward to a lot of shared universe movies and crossovers like the MCU and think a Cyborg/Flash team up movie could have worked. Makes no sense that they would cancel solo movies now after the success of Aquaman. 

People attribute the shortcomings of DCEU to them doing Justice League first and then trying to do spin offs but the MCU movies that were released before Avengers didn't do well. They actually make up 3 of their bottom 4 box office. While Aquaman had a red panty night after Justice League. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TUF said:

Did he really say that?

Unpopular opinion but I don't think Justice League or Suicide Squad were that turribad that they were a franchise killer. Not sure I would be interested in solo spin offs but was looking forward to a lot of shared universe movies and crossovers like the MCU and think a Cyborg/Flash team up movie could have worked. Makes no sense that they would cancel solo movies now after the success of Aquaman.  

People attribute the shortcomings of DCEU to them doing Justice League first and then trying to do spin offs but the MCU movies that were released before Avengers didn't do well. They actually make up 3 of their bottom 4 box office. While Aquaman had a red panty night after Justice League. 

I remember reading something where he said that Justice league was going to be a trilogy, he was getting 2 maybe 3 solo films and a couple of extended cameos in Batman & The Flash.

Same here I understand that objectively Steppenwolf is a terrible villain but the film itself isn't anywhere near as bad for me as its for some people. I love Flashpoint as a comic so understand why they used the new 52 line up but realistically Green Lantern should have been there over Cyborg. I realise he was there diversity pick so nobody cried racist well then just have John Stewart as GL. Suicide Squad again I just thought had a chitty villain.

As you know I will watch mostly any of these the only thing I think really hurt for me was BvS. Even though I still thoroughly enjoy it I cant help but feel how much better it could have been. It needed a Batman film (and a bit cheerier of a Superman sequel) before they came crashing together.

Oh yeah you can bet Warner Brothers paid Wan all the money to comeback for a sequel.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

I remember reading something where he said that Justice league was going to be a trilogy, he was getting 2 maybe 3 solo films and a couple of extended cameos in Batman & The Flash.

Same here I understand that objectively Steppenwolf is a terrible villain but the film itself isn't anywhere near as bad for me as its for some people. I love Flashpoint as a comic so understand why they used the new 52 line up but realistically Green Lantern should have been there over Cyborg. I realise he was there diversity pick so nobody cried racist well then just have John Stewart as GL. Suicide Squad again I just thought had a chitty villain.

As you know I will watch mostly any of these the only thing I think really hurt for me was BvS. Even though I still thoroughly enjoy it I cant help but feel how much better it could have been. It needed a Batman film (and a bit cheerier of a Superman sequel) before they came crashing together.

Oh yeah you can bet Warner Brothers paid Wan all the money to comeback for a sequel.

People forget all the stupid villains Marvel has had over the years and

Image result for thor 2 villains

Justice League got unfairly compared to Infinity War cause the mother boxes/Infinity Stones comparisons and the timing of the release but Steppenwolf was never suppose to be the guy, just a guy, and I didn't even think he was done as poorly as people say. Somewhere there is a couple scripts of Dawn of Justice part 1 and 2 where the Justice League assembling happens more organically and wasn't rushed or prioritized Bats vs Supes for $. Some of the writing even feels like chopped up scripts of different movies with some of Bats dialogue at the end. 

Just read where Ezra Miller was trying to write his own Flash script and that sounds lol bad although I think the potential is there for solo written by somebody with all the good source material. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TUF said:

Image result for thor 2 villains

Justice League got unfairly compared to Infinity War cause the mother boxes/Infinity Stones comparisons and the timing of the release but Steppenwolf was never suppose to be the guy, just a guy, and I didn't even think he was done as poorly as people say. Somewhere there is a couple scripts of Dawn of Justice part 1 and 2 where the Justice League assembling happens more organically and wasn't rushed or prioritized Bats vs Supes for $. Some of the writing even feels like chopped up scripts of different movies with some of Bats dialogue at the end. 

Just read where Ezra Miller was trying to write his own Flash script and that sounds lol bad although I think the potential is there for solo written by somebody with all the good source material. 

I was just telling someone last night that I thought Thor 2 was the ****tiest of marvel films lol

Captain  Marvel takes a firm 2nd on crap film.. saw last night with my son.. some ragrats 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Eclipse76 said:

I was just telling someone last night that I thought Thor 2 was the ****tiest of marvel films lol

Captain  Marvel takes a firm 2nd on crap film.. saw last night with my son.. some ragrats 

I would like to make a case for why Iron Man 3 is undoubtedly the worst

1. Gwyneth Paltrow getting powers. Gwyneth Paltrow wearing Ironmans suit. Gwyneth Paltrow. 

2. Them undoing everything cool about Tony and giving him PTSD from Avengers 1 for reasons unknown.

3. Annoying child actors.

4. Chitty plot twist. 

5. See #1

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TUF said:

1. Gwyneth Paltrow getting powers. Gwyneth Paltrow wearing Ironmans suit. Gwyneth Paltrow. 

2. Them undoing everything cool about Tony and giving him PTSD from Avengers 1 for reasons unknown.

4. Chitty plot twist. 

5. See #1

I'll be honest.. that's a hell of an argument.. and Natalie Portman is fn fine to look at... k... I'll give you this one by a hair... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TUF said:

4. Chitty plot twist. 

5. See #1

Was Iron Man 3 the Ben Kingsley one? If so you are correct, they took one of the best actors ever in a Marvel movie and ruined it. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TUF said:

Oh yeah Malekith was probably one of the most disappointing because he was meant to be at one with an infinity stone.

Yeah I think a combination of all of that and moustachegate were the things that put the final nails in the coffin of JL's success lol. The idea I thought they would go with was actually better than what they went with. I assumed you'd have Bruce & Diana sort of team up from the start with Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman coming in organically to the team after helping in a fight or saving someone sort of thing.

Last time Callen was on Rogan he said that the Jussie Smollet thing sounded like an actor had tried to write a script so if that's anything to go by its not a good thing lol.

17 hours ago, Eclipse76 said:

Thor 2 definitely one of the weakest marvel films.

That sucks man, did the kiddo at least enjoy it?

16 hours ago, TUF said:

4. Chitty plot twist. 

5. See #1

Yeah Iron Man 3 is still my p4p worst Marvel movie honestly feels like they had a meeting to find out how they could piss people off the most.

Marvel: Hi Shane great to meet you, so what are your plans for Iron Man 3?

Shane Black: Well you know how his greatest villain is the Mandarin? Im gonna use him but it will turn out he's just an actor with no real powers.

Marvel: Sounds fantastic, will be getting treated to more of that trademark Stark wit.

Shane Black: Yeah but im gonna reign in it so we can do a story about how Tony has PTSD now.

Marvel: Hmm that seems an odd choice but at least it will give a reason to develop Tony's story with Rhodey now, as a soldier would probably have the best insight on the matter.

Shane Black: Well Rhodey's in it but Tony's main emotional support is this random kid he meets.

Marvel: Ok then what about his cool armours everybody loves so much?

Shane Black: Well remember in IM1 he took a missile from a tank and was more pissed off that hurt, well his latest armour falls to pieces after being sideswiped by a truck and has a longer recharge time than a normal Tesla. Oh and im gonna blow them all up at the end like some multi-billion dollar firework show.

Marvel: So how does Tony eventually take down the bad guy? 

Shane Black: He doesn't, his girlfriend Pepper Potts does who did I mention I've given fire powers now?

Related image

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

Oh yeah Malekith was probably one of the most disappointing because he was meant to be at one with an infinity stone.

Yeah I think a combination of all of that and moustachegate were the things that put the final nails in the coffin of JL's success lol. The idea I thought they would go with was actually better than what they went with. I assumed you'd have Bruce & Diana sort of team up from the start with Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman coming in organically to the team after helping in a fight or saving someone sort of thing.

Last time Callen was on Rogan he said that the Jussie Smollet thing sounded like an actor had tried to write a script so if that's anything to go by its not a good thing lol.

Thor 2 definitely one of the weakest marvel films.

That sucks man, did the kiddo at least enjoy it?

Yeah Iron Man 3 is still my p4p worst Marvel movie honestly feels like they had a meeting to find out how they could piss people off the most.

Shane Black: Well you know how his greatest villain is the Mandarin? Im gonna use him but it will turn out he's just an actor with no real powers.

Marvel: Sounds fantastic, will be getting treated to more of that trademark Stark wit.

Shane Black: Yeah but im gonna reign in it so we can do a story about how Tony has PTSD now.

Marvel: Hmm that seems an odd choice but at least it will give a reason to develop Tony's story with Rhodey now, as a soldier would probably have the best insight on the matter.

Shane Black: Well Rhodey's in it but Tony's main emotional support is this random kid he meets.

Shane Black: Well remember in IM1 he took a missile from a tank and was more pissed off that hurt, well his latest armour falls to pieces after being sideswiped by a truck and has a longer recharge time than a normal Tesla. Oh and im gonna blow them all up at the end like some multi-billion dollar firework show.

Shane Black: He doesn't, his girlfriend Pepper Potts does who did I mention I've given fire powers now?

Related image

lol, that synopsis might seem like cliff notes but it is truly as in depth as the actual film

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jolldan said:

lol this was 2real4me

Thor 2 has grown on me with repeated viewings. It atleast has some redeemable qualities. Has some continuity from other movies unlike IM3, includes one of the infinity stones, the Thor/Loki banter and arc was enjoyable, and the siege on Asgard and portal fight were pretty entertaining. Always found it lulzy that the same director that directed the consensus worst MCU movie (Thor 2) directed the best DCU movie (Wonder Woman) and the director that directed one of the best MCU movies (Avengers) directed one of the consensus worst DCU movies. 

• Like 3

THE DISNEY FOX MERGER IS COMPLETE!!!

Ryan Reynolds as always was quick with something to add lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Them not releasing anything new in the newest trailer, just reused footage is actually pretty refreshing, and just read that some of the stuff they did use is wolf tickets. Similar to the Hulk trickery in the Infinity War trailers. 

Edited by TUF

New Rockstars videos are worth a watch. Anybody that can give me a new appreciation for a chitty wok movie has earned my hespect. Some cool easter eggs atleast. Brie Larson is still hawt garbage. 

• Like 1

Reviews and new trailer moving my needle a bit on Shazaam. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Until I get the full TUF review I ain't spending a dime on dat chit... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Will be doing either a next Friday showing or Sunday quietly getting hyped.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 8:59 AM, Jolldan said:

Dunno why they don't like him.  Probably stuff that he's done off screen?

His character in the Justice League movie, however, was very dull.  That's on the director/writers, though. 

Cyborg is a very popular character from the DC cartoons for like the past 20 years, so the character has a lot of fans.  

• Like 1

Think i've finally filled in the last two holes in my MCU CV.

Watched Ant Man and the Wasp on Saturday night.  Very funny, okay storyline and nice to see that he's going to play some part in EndGame.  Only issue with it was the whole film could probably have been avoided if they'd just chatted to Ghost and said here's the plan, we'll get the missus back, then she can help sort you out, rather than running around scrapping with each other.  Seemed a bit tenuous to put them at odds when they kind of had not too dissimilar goals.  Guess that's quantum storylines for you.

I'd give it 7/8

Watched Doctor Strange last night.  Not as funny as I'd hoped for to be honest.  Felt a bit like they were trying to do a weird version of British humour for Americans, despite Strange being an American.  Found the whole student becomes a master a bit tedious too; feel we've been there, done that in hundreds of different films.  Seems like Strange fast-tracked himself because he reads a lot.  Hmm.  That said, it was good fun and the Inception-esque special effects were quite mind-boggling, if a bit confusing!  Clever-ish ending gave it a boost to 6.5/8.  Also really enjoyed the soundtrack.

Just need to polish off Captain Marvel now and I'm ready for EndGame.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Watched Ant Man and the Wasp on Saturday night.  Very funny, okay storyline and nice to see that he's going to play some part in EndGame.  Only issue with it was the whole film could probably have been avoided if they'd just chatted to Ghost and said here's the plan, we'll get the missus back, then she can help sort you out, rather than running around scrapping with each other.  Seemed a bit tenuous to put them at odds when they kind of had not too dissimilar goals.  Guess that's quantum storylines for you.

I'd give it 7/8

Watched Doctor Strange last night.  Not as funny as I'd hoped for to be honest.  Felt a bit like they were trying to do a weird version of British humour for Americans, despite Strange being an American.  Found the whole student becomes a master a bit tedious too; feel we've been there, done that in hundreds of different films.  Seems like Strange fast-tracked himself because he reads a lot.  Hmm.  That said, it was good fun and the Inception-esque special effects were quite mind-boggling, if a bit confusing!  Clever-ish ending gave it a boost to 6.5/8.  Also really enjoyed the soundtrack.

You balancing your Marvel Cinematic Universe has brought a smile to my face. 

Not sure why, but I always had you in mind from the moment I saw Dr Strange or why I thought you would appreciate it so much but that hot take review ^ was like finding out one of your kids is on the spectrum or something :( im disappoint

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, TUF said:

You balancing your Marvel Cinematic Universe has brought a smile to my face. 

Not sure why, but I always had you in mind from the moment I saw Dr Strange or why I thought you would appreciate it so much but that hot take review ^ was like finding out one of your kids is on the spectrum or something :( im disappoint

Yeah, I'll be honest, i had extremely high expectations from a comedy perspective, and they just weren't met.  I laughed a lot more during Ant Man (the "I don't think you understand how hide and seek works" line was hilarious).

I'm sorry to disappoint.  Will watch Captain Marvel soon and try my best to despise it's SJW-ness to balance things up a little.

Guess I should update my official Bubba Sparks MCU running order at some point as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I'd give it 7/8

Image result for you're an avenger now gif

Glad you enjoyed Ant-Man & The Wasp I personally thought it was a step back from the first one. If you noticed that yourself you need to go and watch the honest trailer for it its hilarious. Nearly had me in tears laughing.

I got the same sort of vibe with Strange's movie. Think he will be someone who benefits massively from a sequel since there will be no need for more backstory, origin and love interest (Rachel McAdams is lovely but she really felt shoehorned in) we can just get straight in to the crazy magic side of the MCU. Plus he seems to have a lot more love from fans after Infinity war.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Yeah, I'll be honest, i had extremely high expectations from a comedy perspective, and they just weren't met.  I laughed a lot more during Ant Man (the "I don't think you understand how hide and seek works" line was hilarious).

I'm sorry to disappoint.  Will watch Captain Marvel soon and try my best to despise it's SJW-ness to balance things up a little.

Guess I should update my official Bubba Sparks MCU running order at some point as well.

I suppose this is a side effect of watching the series in no sequential order. I came in with no expectations, but MCU seemed to hit it's comedic stride with GotG2 and Thor 3, which came out after Dr Strange so I can see how your bar might be higher. I personally enjoyed Dr Strange and Ant Man 2 and don't see how a sequel could improve on it. Ragnorak is p5p but even it got a bit too jokey at times so I'm really glad Dr Strange's arc didn't get muddled up with them. I enjoyed the subtle banter between Strange and Wong and even the baddies. 

Ant Man movies possibly have the best hype to good film ratio of the mcu

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

What did you think of Ms. Marvel?? I thought it was better than I expected it to be but thats not saying much

Most of these should cover it

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1600&bih=740&ei=hp-aXPXeJYGQ_Qacv6T4BA&q=mildly+amused+gif&oq=mildly+amused+gif&gs_l=img.3..0.976.4063..4223...0.0..1.74.1165.17......1....1..gws-wiz-img.....0..35i39j0i10j0i8i30j0i24j0i30.7K5g7YVEqis

• Haha 1