Jolldan

All Things Marvel & DC Thread: Sony & Marvel Split!

13 minutes ago, TUF said:

Took home Spiderman #50 (1 app. of Kingpin) and updated a few more to the wish list for the mural display thanks to Jolldan's post on Taskmaster. Also Scarecrow's 1st app. (green cover), Constantine's 1st app. (yellow), and Wolverine's 1st solo comic (orange). Pretty excited about it. Just need to find some blue covered grails/key issues. 

mjuS8Fr.jpg

Nice one mate I got outbid for a copy of Spider-Man 46 (first appearance of Shocker) at the weekend lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jolldan said:

Nice one mate I got outbid for a copy of Spider-Man 46 (first appearance of Shocker) at the weekend lol 

Cool cover. Glad we didn't get this version of him in Homecoming though. Unpopular opinion, Homecoming > Far From Home and Spiderverse. ChangeMyMind.jpg

Image result for spiderman 46 shocker

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TUF said:

Cool cover. Glad we didn't get this version of him in Homecoming though. Unpopular opinion, Homecoming > Far From Home and Spiderverse. ChangeMyMind.jpg

They actually had a version of that suit for the movie that got dropped at some point during production.

Related image

I agree that it looks like they made the right decision in dropping it.

I will have to sit with it for awhile before I make a decision I find I very often either over or under rate something after just the one viewing. (Plus still got to see Spider-Verse)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TUF said:

I thoroughly enjoyed all 3. Have no strong opinion on which is the best

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

They actually had a version of that suit for the movie that got dropped at some point during production.

Related image

I agree that it looks like they made the right decision in dropping it.

I will have to sit with it for awhile before I make a decision I find I very often either over or under rate something after just the one viewing. (Plus still got to see Spider-Verse)

25 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

I thoroughly enjoyed all 3. Have no strong opinion on which is the best

Probably a victim of comparing them to their hype and Far From Home and especially Spiderverse got a lot more noise than Homecoming did. Really enjoyed the first half of Spiderverse and seemed like a nice tribute to the original Spidey trilogy and Stan Lee's comics but both movies just dragged a bit for me. The fact that Spiderman and the school alpha were competing over this man bear pig killed the immersion a bit too.

Image result for mj far from home

• Haha 1

Looking forward to this "big announcement" at the SD Con next weekend. They've laid out their "phases" before at comic cons and saw these are the 6 betting favorites for the next end game boss of phase 4. Curious who people want. Galactus or GTFO.  

Image result for kang and galactus

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TUF said:

Looking forward to this "big announcement" at the SD Con next weekend. They've laid out their "phases" before at comic cons and saw these are the 6 betting favorites for the next end game boss of phase 4. Curious who people want. Galactus or GTFO.  

1484586927-kingpin.jpg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

1484586927-kingpin.jpg

You hate the Avengers breh? GOATpin doesn't even need the infinity stones to give Captain SJW the hands. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

So there's a Guardians 3 AND a Thor 4. Interesting

Asguardians of the Galaxy and Thor 4 will be apart of the same story line I imagine. Lot of speculation buying at the moment. Wasn't even officially announced, just some random taking pictures of what barely resembled Taskmaster and his comics doubled in asking price. Hoping they go the multi verse route with Spidey instead of dragging him down with Venom. 

8 minutes ago, TUF said:

Asguardians of the Galaxy and Thor 4 will be apart of the same story line I imagine. Lot of speculation buying at the moment. Wasn't even officially announced, just some random taking pictures of what barely resembled Taskmaster and his comics doubled in asking price. Hoping they go the multi verse route with Spidey instead of dragging him down with Venom.  

I thought Taskmaster was spotted in the Black Widow photo shoot

Just now, MauroPedrosa said:

I thought Taskmaster was spotted in the Black Widow photo shoot

Was never confirmed more than nerdgin speculation. Same websites also said the guy playing Rocketman is likely to be the next Wolverine. 

Image result for rocketman actor

14 hours ago, TUF said:

1st. Choice: Dr Doom 

2nd. Choice: Galactus 

3rd Choice: Kang

Who would you want to see most as the next big bad?

13 hours ago, TUF said:

Image result for yes thor gif

13 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

So there's a Guardians 3 AND a Thor 4. Interesting

13 hours ago, TUF said:

I feel kinda bad for everyone who bought Hydro-Man now lol

Guardian's 3 has been confirmed but Gunn came out a while ago and said that it definitely will not be changing the name to Asguardians of the Galaxy and I don't think its been confirmed yet that Thor will even appear in it, would definitely like to see it but the fact we are getting another Thor solo movie and that GOTG 3 will in Gunn's own words "be the last iteration of the team as we know them" plus they still have to resolve the Adam Warlock storyline from the end of number two although I admit Thor would be a good character to introduce to contend with him. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

1st. Choice: Dr Doom 

2nd. Choice: Galactus 

3rd Choice: Kang

Who would you want to see most as the next big bad?

I feel kinda bad for everyone who bought Hydro-Man now lol

Guardian's 3 has been confirmed but Gunn came out a while ago and said that it definitely will not be changing the name to Asguardians of the Galaxy and I don't think its been confirmed yet that Thor will even appear in it, would definitely like to see it but the fact we are getting another Thor solo movie and that GOTG 3 will in Gunn's own words "be the last iteration of the team as we know them" plus they still have to resolve the Adam Warlock storyline from the end of number two although I admit Thor would be a good character to introduce to contend with him. 

Would be a missed opportunity although Ive heard the Asguardians of the Galaxy comics werent very good. Last i heard, GotG 3 was going to focus on Rocket which is meh. I was never the biggest Dr Doom fan and even less so after the last 2 attempts at him in the F4 movies. He just seem like a punch line now. Galactus or Kang would be fine. 

2 minutes ago, TUF said:

Would be a missed opportunity although Ive heard the Asguardians of the Galaxy comics werent very good. Last i heard, GotG 3 was going to focus on Rocket which is meh. I was never the biggest Dr Doom fan and even less so after the last 2 attempts at him in the F4 movies. He just seem like a punch line now. Galactus or Kang would be fine.  

Last GOTG stuff I can remember reading was when Venom joined the team. Was pretty cool just to see the symbiote take over Groot and Rocket. 

Related image

Yeah I remember hearing that as the initial rumour for Volume 3, agree would seem weird to make Rocket the focal point of the movie feel he works better as the snarky side character. I just put it down to the part having never been given to a top level actor. I mean Julian McMahon is a day time tv actor at best and im not even going to address the neon green crash test dummy that the last one gave us. 

You need a high level actor to get Doom right imo like Viggo Mortensen, Ralph Fiennes, Clive Owen or Michael Fassbender to name a few. Galactus would be cool as well as it would open up more of the cosmic characters like Silver Surfer & Nova. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Last GOTG stuff I can remember reading was when Venom joined the team. Was pretty cool just to see the symbiote take over Groot and Rocket. 

Related image

Yeah I remember hearing that as the initial rumour for Volume 3, agree would seem weird to make Rocket the focal point of the movie feel he works better as the snarky side character. I just put it down to the part having never been given to a top level actor. I mean Julian McMahon is a day time tv actor at best and im not even going to address the neon green crash test dummy that the last one gave us. 

You need a high level actor to get Doom right imo like Viggo Mortensen, Ralph Fiennes, Clive Owen or Michael Fassbender to name a few. Galactus would be cool as well as it would open up more of the cosmic characters like Silver Surfer & Nova. 

Nova, yes. Silver Surfer, meh. Wouldnt be bothered if Marvel benched him and the Fantastic 4 in phase 4 but i suppose it makes too much sense to bring them in now, especially if Galactus is the baddie. 

5 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

The next big bad should be Kang, by the way 

But could see this just cause hes more grounded but look forward to the mass WhoDaFookIsThatGuy.jpg from the crowd when they reveal it at comic con next weekend.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Kilmer, Keaton are my guesses

Good call. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 7:30 PM, TUF said:

The REAL Multiverse we needed. I'll take 3 Bats over Holland, Maguire, and Garfield

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kevin-smith-says-jay-silent-163018817.html

Safe to assume Affleck. Wonder who the other 2 are.

Really surprised he got Affleck, I occasionally listen to his podcast and he's always made it sound like Ben really doesn't like him lol.

Nebraska Woman Deems Spider-Man Statue “Demonic” and “Anti-Christian”

FRANCIS GARDLER JOURNAL STAR

A Nebraskan woman has decried a Spider-Man art statue as “demonic” and “anti-Christian” because she believes it to be representative of the Devil.

A sculpture located near the Lincoln Children’s Zoo in Lincoln, Nebraska, titled “Spiderman” by artist Ian Anthony Laing, shows Spider-Man’s red and black-clad hands spinning a web when making his iconic “web-shooter” motion.

But one woman is demanding city action and condemned the statue because it is “anti-Christian, demonic, and completely inappropriate for showcase near a family attraction,” according to the Lincoln Journal Star

“It is a sculpture of two hands open, painted Red & Black, and formed into Devil Horns,” reads the email sent to Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird.

The unidentified woman called the six-foot sculpture “ugly” and demanded it be moved because it’s a “hate crime against the church.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Phase 4 reveal hype today is real. Being its phase 4 and they just announced Thor 4 and bought Fox, i can only assume were getting Fantastic 4. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TUF said:

The Phase 4 reveal hype today is real. Being its phase 4 and they just announced Thor 4 and bought Fox, i can only assume were getting Fantastic 4. 

I'm strapped in

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TUF said:

Can’t wait! My gut tells me they will bench Fantastic Four & X-Men till phase 5 but I very much hope I’m wrong. 

Marvel just announced dates for their next 10 movies. They are planning on releasing 7 in 2021!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Would probably be more hyped if we didnt already know about most of these but nothing to really move your needle unless youre a Blade fan. Will reserve judgement since this is really only half of phase 4 and they teased Fantastic 4 and mutants. Dr Strange/Wanda team up for a horror multiverse movie was the best takeaway. 

Not sure which movie I’m most hyped foe probably either Doctor Strange 2 or The Eternals just cause it’s something new. I know I’m definitely gonna have to get the streaming service now lol. 

What new project are you all most looking forward to? 

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

Not sure which movie I’m most hyped foe probably either Doctor Strange 2 or The Eternals just cause it’s something new. I know I’m definitely gonna have to get the streaming service now lol. 

Dr Strange 2 and Thor 4. Looking forward to the multiverse, and the pacing of the shows. All the movies have basically been one long series anyways. The What Ifs are meh but its interesting theyre doing them since theyre kind of a black sheep in comics. Bit disappointed in no big baddie teasers or over arching theme of phase 4 but its only half. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Falcon and Winter Soldier, if I had to pick one. The spiritual heir to my favorite film of all time (Civil War) and Daniel Bruhl is a great actor.

I have a suspicion they might introduce Storm in Black Panther 2 so that would be GOAT level.

Dr Strange and Scarlet Witch together is nice but horror movies aren't really my thing

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TUF said:

Dr Strange 2 and Thor 4. Looking forward to the multiverse, and the pacing of the shows. All the movies have basically been one long series anyways. The What Ifs are meh but its interesting theyre doing them since theyre kind of a black sheep in comics. Bit disappointed in no big baddie teasers or over arching theme of phase 4 but its only half. 

Thor 4 was my number one I was most looking forward to until I seen that Natalie Portman will be taking over the mantle as Thor and their will be a storyline revolving Valkyrie being the new queen of Asgard and looking for a wife

Went from having the great ride that was Thor 3 thinking we might finally get Beta Ray Bill and Thor in a buddy cop sort of movie to this is a major let down.

• Like 2

The ASM #50 I just got. 1st appearance of Kingpin. Little rough but mid grade copies were $300+. Got it for $135.

RfHqw8U.jpg

• Like 4

Until the mural is in the budget, I had this custom'd for my oldest's room. And a sticker sheet for all the grails/key issues we're collecting. She's been having fun filling in the stickers on the poster as we collect. 

a5bvNSs.pngYQGHbIf.png

• Like 5

On 7/22/2019 at 4:19 AM, MauroPedrosa said:

Falcon and Winter Soldier, if I had to pick one. The spiritual heir to my favorite film of all time (Civil War) and Daniel Bruhl is a great actor.

I have a suspicion they might introduce Storm in Black Panther 2 so that would be GOAT level.

Dr Strange and Scarlet Witch together is nice but horror movies aren't really my thing

when they first announced Wandavision, I was kind of disappointed, but once I got my head around it, I have to say, I am pretty excited. Caveat, as long as they give it the budget it will need and should set up Strange 2 quite well...

Wanda has always been mentally fragile in the comics, and Wandavision screams of a bastardised version of the storyline when Wanda wills children of Vision through her powerset into existence, as they cannot have real children seeing as Vision is essentially a sentient robot.

If her series goes as I expect, and is about her mental decine after losing Vision in Infinity War, and Thanos then evaporating the stones, and she slips away from reality into a fantasy life of her with Vision and Kids enabled by her powerset, I will be super pumped! That sets the scene for a full powered war between Scarlet Witch who has been criminally underpowered in the MCU, and Dr Strange, outside the realms of reality.

In Dr Strange 1, I was pleased that they set the glass bubble training room up so they could bend reality and buildings in a space that didnt effect the real world. Im not going to lie, at the start of Endgame, when Stark said he was 11 light years from earth, then Captain Piss Flaps flew him home instantly, that I did the maths and knew she flew [(speed of light) x 11 x 365] to get him home. Doesnt sound that bad, until Thanos' ship had time to target her and fire on her as she flew into the final battle, or that she could move that quick but still lost a fight with Thanos. She should have turned up after a flash that was her wiping the floor with everything as she could move that fast. I am all for buying into sci-fi or comics that follow lore, I love it, I even buy that the power stone allowed Thanos to make Captain Gash grab the comb. But how did he catch her?

Strange 2 can really let it hang out if they set the stage with the tv series. Horror flick will be a new tilt on the gerne and something fresh.

Edited by Genki
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, TUF said:

The ASM #50 I just got. 1st appearance of Kingpin. Little rough but mid grade copies were $300+. Got it for $135.

RfHqw8U.jpg

Nice addition mate. 

39 minutes ago, Genki said:

when they first announced Wandavision, I was kind of disappointed, but once I got my head around it, I have to say, I am pretty excited. Caveat, as long as they give it the budget it will need and should set up Strange 2 quite well...

Wanda has always been mentally fragile in the comics, and Wandavision screams of a bastardised version of the storyline when Wanda wills children of Vision through her powerset into existence, as they cannot have real children seeing as Vision is essentially a sentient robot.

If her series goes as I expect, and is about her mental decine after losing Vision in Infinity War, and Thanos then evaporating the stones, and she slips away from reality into a fantasy life of her with Vision and Kids enabled by her powerset, I will be super pumped! That sets the scene for a full powered war between Scarlet Witch who has been criminally underpowered in the MCU, and Dr Strange, outside the realms of reality.

In Dr Strange 1, I was pleased that they set the glass bubble training room up so they could bend reality and buildings in a space that didnt effect the real world. Im not going to lie, at the start of Endgame, when Stark said he was 11 light years from earth, then Captain Piss Flaps flew him home instantly, that I did the maths and knew she flew [(speed of light) x 11 x 365] to get him home. Doesnt sound that bad, until Thanos' ship had time to target her and fire on her as she flew into the final battle, or that she could move that quick but still lost a fight with Thanos. She should have turned up after a flash that was her wiping the floor with everything as she could move that fast. I am all for buying into sci-fi or comics that follow lore, I love it, I even buy that the power stone allowed Thanos to make Captain Gash grab the comb. But how did he catch her?

Strange 2 can really let it hang out if they set the stage with the tv series. Horror flick will be a new tilt on the gerne and something fresh.

From what I have heard a lot of people think they're gonna "adapt" the House of M storyline for Wandavision. 

Yeah she's already lost her brother and now she's lost Vision so the pieces are already set up for a broken or a at breaking point Wanda.

Don't try and find reason with Captain sjw they made her ridiculously OP in her own movie (the ending really irritates me as she goes from looking to have her hands full facing off against a few Kree soldiers and then she goes to taking out all of their warships like they're nothing) and then took it to a whole new level for Endgame. The fact she was tanking shots from Thanos who even without any of the stones could face up to any of the Avengers just seemed overkill even if they did want to give her a time to shine. 

Im intrigued to see how the set up does because it rumoured that Wanda might appear as the villain of Dr Strange 2. So it will very much be a case of you need to have watched the Disney shows to keep up with the movies from now on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Genki said:

Captain Marvel being incredibly overpowered is a problem that I'm interested in seeing how the MCU can tackle. Superman has never been that interesting because of that, or the Flash, for example, can run so fast that he turns back time but then is caught by a cold gun from a regular human being.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Captain Marvel being incredibly overpowered is a problem that I'm interested in seeing how the MCU can tackle. Superman has never been that interesting because of that, or the Flash, for example, can run so fast that he turns back time but then is caught by a cold gun from a regular human being.

I will preface by saying I hate the character of Superman but he's far more interesting than Captain Marvel for me so far. Superman is ridiculously OP agreed but his stories rarely put centre focus on him having to use some ungodly amount of strength to achieve some task its usually about his overall to resolve to do something without breaking a moral code. Which I haven't got from CM yet.

And Mauro a cold gun can catch Flash because of science lol if heat is effectively “vibrating molecules,” then slowing down & killing those vibrations is a layman’s understanding of cold. And that’s why extreme cold inhibits the Flash’s speed: it messes with his ability to vibrate his molecules as he normally does, makes it more difficult to control those vibrations, makes him have to expend more energy to maintain those vibrations & generate that kinetic energy that is the foundation of all his wonderful tricks & powers, etc.

Image result for channing tatum 21 jump street gif

cold field

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

City Council votes to name Bronx street for Stan Lee

Image result for stan lee art

They had a Marvel-ous idea.

City Council on Tuesday approved a proposal to name a Bronx street for late Marvel comics icon Stan Lee.

University Avenue between Brandt Place and West 176th Street will be co-named “Stan Lee Way” under a bill passed by lawmakers codifying the moniker and 85 other honorary street names.

Lee — who helped create beloved heroes such as Spiderman, the Fantastic Four, and The Hulk as he permanently etched Marvel comics into the popular consciousness — lived on the stretch of road at 1720 University Place and attended high school at DeWitt Clinton HS in The Bronx.

The proposal awaits the mayor’s signature.

• Like 3

Marvel flexing big time with three of their films combined having made just shy of 5 billion this year.

EAXLOtOVUAAwaCa.jpg:large

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2019 at 4:14 AM, Jolldan said:

Thor 4 was my number one I was most looking forward to until I seen that Natalie Portman will be taking over the mantle as Thor and their will be a storyline revolving Valkyrie being the new queen of Asgard and looking for a wife

Went from having the great ride that was Thor 3 thinking we might finally get Beta Ray Bill and Thor in a buddy cop sort of movie to this is a major let down.

It's definitely more quantity over quality for me. Lot of content with the 8+ hours per show but just realized how much they've Ghostbustered Phase 4. Other than Falcon/Winter Soldier, Shang Chi, and Loki, we're getting 

Black Widow - 3 main characters being wimmin

Eternals - Most wimmin, lead by a woman

Wanda Vision - Wanda

Doctor Strange 2 - Couldn't just be his movie. Had to inject Wanda

What If - The only episode they've told us about is if they gave Peggy Carter the super serum instead of Cap

Hawkeye - About him passing the torch to his daughter

Thor 4 - Thor passing the torch to Jane

So brave /s

Image result for phase 4 reveal

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TUF said:

It's definitely more quantity over quality for me. Lot of content with the 8+ hours per show but just realized how much they've Ghostbustered Phase 4. Other than Falcon/Winter Soldier, Shang Chi, and Loki, we're getting 

Wanda Vision - Wanda

What If - The only episode they've told us about is if they gave Peggy Carter the super serum instead of Cap

So brave /s

Don’t forget Valkyrie and her wife

• Like 1

Andy Serkis In Talks To Direct Venom 2

venom/andy serkisDespite less than great reviews from fans and critics, Venom was a huge hit at the box office, raking in $856 million worldwide.

It’s no surprise, therefore, that Sony would be quick to line up a sequel. While some fans may cringe at the thought, others are hoping the sequel will give the studio a second chance to correct a few things and improve on the first film.

One of the major changes to reportedly happen is the introduction of a new director, and one who knows a thing or two about motion capture roles.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit / Planet of the Apes legend Andy Serkis is in talks with Sony to direct a Venom sequel.

While you might think Serkis would be perfect for getting in front of the camera as some sort of CGI villain in the Venom series, it seems he’s got his eyes on the director’s chair behind the camera instead.

Though it’s not a sure thing just yet, reports from Tinseltown say Serkis flew in to Los Angeles to meet with Sony’s team behind the project, who are said to be making their choices very carefully when it comes to the Venom followup.

On 7/26/2019 at 8:25 PM, TUF said:

Wanda Vision - Wanda

So brave /s

I forget the exact quote but Feige made some mention while on stage on how one of the biggest goals of Phase 4 was "better representation"