Jolldan

All Things Marvel & DC Thread: Sony & Marvel Split!

The Rumour Mill

1. Ryan Reynolds is teasing Deadpool in Phase 5 of the MCU on IG

EAl3PFJU4AACsGa.jpg

2. Hardy posts this and then deletes it on his Instagram, looks like confirmation of Serkis 

kgg9zqlomvysyapzx4by.jpg

3. Ant-Man & The Wasp Benched

EA0pP77WkAALpih.jpg:large

It is rumoured that both Ant-Man and The Wasp are being shelved for now as Marvel don’t have plans for an Ant-Man 3 anytime soon. The next appearance for the two will likely be in Avengers 5 which has been confirmed but is dateless as of now.

4.  Namor will reportedly be the main villain in the sequel to Black Panther 

EA2M5lGX4AAsdah.jpg

ant man worked because it was a low hype film punching above it's weight.  Ant man and wasp, while not a terrible, had too much expectation on it imho opinion

• Like 3

20 hours ago, crangs said:

ant man worked because it was a low hype film punching above it's weight.  Ant man and wasp, while not a terrible, had too much expectation on it imho opinion

Yeah I actually really like the first Ant-Man movie but totally agree the second one is utter cabbage it had a terrible plot, contrived villain and a criminal under utilization of Walter Goggins. Movie would have been 10x better with more of him alone lol. 

Na the honest reason I think the second one sucked is because it took itself too seriously, the first worked so well because it was just a fun family film. 

14 minutes ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

This thread should be called all things Marvel and DC shows and movies...

I just use those two's names because they're the biggest players, there's the occasional project outside of those two I've talked about every now and then on here as well. Plus if you here about anything similar to The Boys being made drop a comment in here will defo give it a try. 

Edited by Jolldan

9 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Yeah I actually really like the first Ant-Man movie but totally agree the second one is utter cabbage it had a terrible plot, contrived villain and a criminal under utilization of Walter Goggins. Movie would have been 10x better with more of him alone lol. 

Na the honest reason I think the second one sucked is because it took itself too seriously, the first worked so well because it was just a fun family film. 

Bizarre. My experience was the exact opposite for me. Any movie with an ant playing the drums can't be accused of taking itself too seriously. Everything you're saying is how I felt about the first Ant Man and is probably the only Marvel movie that is almost un-rewatchable for me. Cliche villain, few lols, predictable. Ant Man 2 was really enjoyable imo. 

• Like 2

Just now, TUF said:

Bizarre. My experience was the exact opposite for me. Any movie with an ant playing the drums can't be accused of taking itself too seriously. Everything you're saying is how I felt about the first Ant Man and is probably the only Marvel movie that is almost un-rewatchable for me. Cliche villain, few lols, predictable. Ant Man 2 was really enjoyable imo. 

Hey I suppose it just each to their own mate, Dark World always gets panned by a lot of folks and I enjoyed that. 

2 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Hey I suppose it just each to their own mate, Dark World always gets panned by a lot of folks and I enjoyed that. 

It gets more hate than it deserved. I think majority of feedback is just timing related. People had high expectations for Dark World cause it came out shortly after the first Avengers. People had high expectations for Ant Man 2 cause it came out right after Infinity War. The first Ant Man had no expectations so it surprised some people. Think Ant Man 2 needs a rewatch. I had some hang ups on Endgame when it first came out and just rewatched it on digital last night and once you know what to expect, small things aren't so jarring or take you out of the moment. Was able to enjoy it a lot more. 

Titans Season 2 Teaser Trailer 

Image result for excited gif

When I seen Deathstroke 🤣

Edited by Jolldan

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher had an infinity Gauntlet glove made. 

that is genuinely awesome, lol

• Like 3

5 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher had an infinity Gauntlet glove made. 

Dread it. Run from it. The fastball still arrives. 

• Like 2

Image result for preacher season 4

Gutted they are only doing one a week so I have to wait a while to binge them all but glad Preacher is at least back on once I finish Jessica Jones I was getting close to running out of shows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Finding it hard to get hyped for post-Endgame Marvel to be honest. 

VCU > MCU 

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Forgot about that Marvel Daredevil props auction this week and I'm kind of glad I did. Some of this chit got way overbid.

https://marvel.propstoreauction.com/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/198/?page=1

Site seems cool you know if they do auctions on superhero’s a lot? I agree incredibly overpriced though, I’m not paying $8,000 for a pair of sunglasses unless it has platinum frames and diamond lenses.

30 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

I’d probably agree, there are a lot of things I’m looking forward to but of all the big phase announcements this one did leave me the least hyped. Don’t want to have to wait till phase 5 for Doom or Galactus. 

• Like 2

Saw where the Endgame directors were getting roasted yesterday for saying Wolverine would be the only X-Men to survive Thanos and have a shot at beating him. When Wolverine probably took the thickest L against Thanos in the comics.  

Image result for wolverine vs thanos

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, TUF said:

Ever get near Malmo Sweden @Bubba_Sparks Has one of the premiere nerdgin establishments. 

z5dztyf94mg31.jpg

Nope. It's in the tropical south. Not sure that picture is making me want to make the trip either if I'm honest!

34 minutes ago, TUF said:

Saw where the Endgame directors were getting roasted yesterday for saying Wolverine would be the only X-Men to survive Thanos and have a shot at beating him. When Wolverine probably took the thickest L against Thanos in the comics.  

MP-Flesh-wound.gif

• Like 4

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and text

On 8/16/2019 at 4:08 PM, TUF said:

Yeah that sort of says to me they haven't read a lot about those characters, pretty obvious that Phoenix force Jean would be your best bet to take down Thanos not Logan. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Disney+ comes to Canada and the Netherlands on Nov. 12, will support nearly all major platforms at launch

Disney+ will have an international launch that begins at the same time as its rollout in the U.S., Disney revealed. The company will be launching its digital streaming service on November 12 in Canada and The Netherlands on November 12, and will be coming to Australia and New Zealand the following week. The streaming service will also support virtually every device and operating system from day one.

In terms of pricing, the service will run $8.99 per month or $89.99 per year in Canada, and €6.99 per month (or €69.99 per year) in the Netherlands. In Australia, it’ll be $8.99 per month or $89.99 per year, and in New Zealand, it’ll be $9.99 and $99.99 per year. All prices are in local currency.

That compares pretty well with the $6.99 per month (or $69.99 yearly) asking price in the U.S., and undercuts the Netflix pricing in those markets, too. This is just the Disney+ service on its own, however, not the combined bundle that includes ESPN Plus and Hulu for $12.99 per month, which is probably more comparable to Netflix in terms of breadth of content offering.

On 8/15/2019 at 11:23 PM, NoCakeForYaya said:

As long as Kevin "The GOAT" Feige is there, I will be ultra-hyped

• Like 2

On 8/16/2019 at 8:23 AM, NoCakeForYaya said:

If it's true that the avengers are going to become black panther, spider man, female thor and non wesley snipes blade what little interest I had is going to be ZERO. 

About the only mild curiosity I have left is how the xmen will fit into it. 

• Like 1

Two New Spider-Man Films with Tom Holland Reportedly Being Developed

Image result for spiderman

Spider-Man was one of the biggest additions to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but it seems that status has been flung into total uncertainty. A new report from Deadline is saying Sony Pictures is splitting up with Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige, and that is not all. It turns out there are some more movies in the works for Tom Holland.

According to this new report, sources told Deadline "there are two more Spider-Man films in the works" at the moment. There are no details on what the films may be about or who is taking lead on their creative side. However, the report does say director Jon Watts would be overseeing the films with Holland starring.

This news would come as a welcome bit of information to fans if it weren't for the last addition. As the report says, Feige likely will not be the lead creative producer of either movie unless "something dramatic happens" between the companies. As for the larger report, Deadline writes that a Disney-Sony stand-off is to blame for the Spider-Man issue. Marvel Studios' president Kevin Feige is said to be removed from any further Spider-Man movies because the companies failed to figure out amicable co-financing terms. The dispute reportedly began several months ago with top executives, and Sony decides to "essentially" nix Feige and Marvel Studios from the equation.

So far, there is no word on what this means for Spider-Man and his canon status in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Fans are hoping a deal will come through for the beloved superhero, but it looks like things aren't going so well for Queen's friendliest neighbor spider.