Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

All Things Marvel & DC Thread: Spider-Man Far From Home Trailer

2 hours ago, TUF said:

Yea she looks good due to us being reverse catfished by hinting this was the alternative tho 

Related image

Can you imagine an alternate world where Ronda was still champ we would have to sit through a scene of her armbarring a Skrull lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Can you imagine an alternate world where Ronda was still champ we would have to sit through a scene of her armbarring a Skrull lol.

The worst timeline

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jolldan said:

5 hours ago, TUF said:

The worst timeline

lol, armbarring the infinity gauntlet off of thanos 😂

Edited by crangs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

'Black Panther' Nominated for Best Drama at the Golden Globes

Image result for black panther golden globe

An array of celebrities woke up incredibly early this morning to reveal the Golden Globe nominations, and we’re thrilled to announce that Black Panther has not only been nominated, but nominated for the coveted Best Drama award.

While Rotten Tomatoes certianly isn’t the end all, be all of film rating or criticism (and not to be weighed too heavily when predicting the outcome of award shows like the Globes), it is worth noting that Black Panther does have the highest rating of all five films, coming out at 97%. BlacKkKlansman (directed by Spike Lee) has a 95%, If Beale Street Could Talk (directed by Barry Jenkins) currently has a 91%, A Star is Born (directed by Bradley Cooper) is standing firm at 90%, and Bohemian Rhapsody (directed by Bryan Singer) currently has a 62% (the Golden Globes love musicals).

While the Ryan Coolger-directed film has the first real shot of any Marvel Cinematic Universe film to take home a prize, it will ultimately be up to the Hollywood Foreign Press. Either way, it’s nice to see some recognition for Black Panther and the MCU.

Best Drama wasn’t the film’s only nomination. It also reviewed a nod for Best Original Score, going up against A Quiet Place, Isle of Dogs, First Man, and Mary Poppins Returns. Black Panther’s score was composed by Ludwig Göransson, who is a Childish Gambino collaborator and is credited for scoring multiple films, including Creed and Venom.

Which do you think will take home best Drama?

Edited by Jolldan
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

'Black Panther' Nominated for Best Drama at the Golden Globes

Image result for black panther golden globe

An array of celebrities woke up incredibly early this morning to reveal the Golden Globe nominations, and we’re thrilled to announce that Black Panther has not only been nominated, but nominated for the coveted Best Drama award.

While Rotten Tomatoes certianly isn’t the end all, be all of film rating or criticism (and not to be weighed too heavily when predicting the outcome of award shows like the Globes), it is worth noting that Black Panther does have the highest rating of all five films, coming out at 97%. BlacKkKlansman (directed by Spike Lee) has a 95%, If Beale Street Could Talk (directed by Barry Jenkins) currently has a 91%, A Star is Born (directed by Bradley Cooper) is standing firm at 90%, and Bohemian Rhapsody (directed by Bryan Singer) currently has a 62% (the Golden Globes love musicals).

While the Ryan Coolger-directed film has the first real shot of any Marvel Cinematic Universe film to take home a prize, it will ultimately be up to the Hollywood Foreign Press. Either way, it’s nice to see some recognition for Black Panther and the MCU.

Best Drama wasn’t the film’s only nomination. It also reviewed a nod for Best Original Score, going up against A Quiet Place, Isle of Dogs, First Man, and Mary Poppins Returns. Black Panther’s score was composed by Ludwig Göransson, who is a Childish Gambino collaborator and is credited for scoring multiple films, including Creed and Venom.

Which do you think will take home best Drama?

If the movie wins anything or breaks any records it's solely because of timing. It's the Ronda Rousey of nominees. No competition. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TUF said:

If the movie wins anything or breaks any records it's solely because of timing. It's the Ronda Rousey of nominees. No competition

Funny you say that lol

Main competition is probably A Star Is Born & Bohemian Rhapsody.

5 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Funny you say that lol

Main competition is probably A Star Is Born & Bohemian Rhapsody.

Bohemian Rhapsody probably didn't even deserve the nom if I'm honest. The Blackkklansman movie is probably the betting favorite as it wasn't as turribad as Black Panther and still allows the voters to pretend they're not racist by voting for it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, crangs said:

I'll just post a solid 'lel' on this subject

I will second this lel.. and add a wtf lulz 

• Like 3

Black Panther being considered for anything other than a participation award reminds me of that episode of South Park where everyone is sniffing their own farts and basking in a cloud of smug.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TUF said:

Just came to post this ^ inb4 it's banned in 27 states for lack of diversity 

They gotz a blue chick in it doe.... dats gotta count for sumfin right?!?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2018 at 2:37 PM, Eclipse76 said:

They gotz a blue chick in it doe.... dats gotta count for sumfin right?!?

Yeah it counts for cultural appropriation. They didn’t hire a real blue chick, she’s really some white stealing another colored persons role 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Very much approve of Caity Lotz attire in the last episode lol

Related image

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, poonmachine said:

Yeah it counts for cultural appropriation. They didn’t hire a real blue chick, she’s really some white stealing another colored persons role 

She's Scottish we are about the closest you will get to blue lol

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 5:51 AM, Jolldan said:

Aquaman hailed as 'best DC movie since The Dark Knight'

de2b91ef1bb066d334c2fd0be74b3e1c

After Justice League underwhelmed at the box office last year, fans are taking it as a sad reflection of the troubled state of the DCEU that everyone’s turning to Aquaman to save this burgeoning cinematic universe now that Batman and Superman have apparently lost a bit of their spark with moviegoers. But the funny thing is, Arthur Curry’s standalone outing may actually be up to the task.

For the first time since Wonder Woman, a DC film’s been receiving nothing but excitement and hype from fans, instead of the usual leaks, rumors and critical derision that we’ve sadly become used to. And that continues today now that the social media embargo has lifted, allowing critics to give us brief reviews on the movie before their full thoughts arrive next month. And let’s just say it looks like we’re in for one heck of a good time.

Everyone seems to be thoroughly impressed with Aquaman, with one person even calling it "the best DC film since The Dark Knight". That’s high praise indeed, but if what folks are saying here is true, then that may very well be the case.

Will any of you be going to see it?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/aquaman_2018

Aquaman is starting to make me moist boiz

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://movieweb.com/venom-2-confirmed-spider-man-cameo/

Venom 2 Confirmed by Writer, May Include Spider-ManRelated image

Not that this will surprise anyone who has paid attention to the box office recently, but Venom 2 is happening. This has been confirmed by screenwriter Jeff Pinkner, who co-wrote Venom. While Sony has yet to make a formal announcement, this should come largely as an expected move and means that we're going to see more of Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock in the future. But, intriguingly, we also may see his character meeting up with Spider-Man, if things pan out.

Before digging into that bit, Jeff Pinkner, in a recent interview, talked about Venom and the success that it's enjoying at the box office, having recently crossed the $850 million mark worldwide and cracking the top five highest-grossing movies of 2018. To that point, he was asked about Venom 2 and, while Pinkner couldn't say much yet, he did confirm that it is indeed happening. Here's what he had to say about it.

"I can't say anything other than that it is happening."

Answering a follow-up question, Jeff Pinkner revealed that he's not going to write the sequel, though he didn't reveal who is on deck for that job. But what's more interesting is what he had to say when asked whether or not this version of Venom could exist alongside Tom Holland's version of Spider-Man, who is currently tied up alongside the other Avengers in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"Without revealing anything that I'm not supposed to reveal, it is not impossible a future, slash upcoming Venom movie Spider-Man will play a significant role... I think it's fair to say that everyone involved would be very excited by a Spider-Man/Venom movie."

20 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I didn't think I would say this but the first venom sucked

I did think I would say it sucked and was surprised by how much I still thought it sucked. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I didn't think I would say this but the first venom sucked

Agreed. As bad or worse than black canther

• Like 2

Aquaman NO SPOILERS Review!

Will leave out any spoilers in this for another few days give everyone plenty chance to see it.

Glad to report this is arguably the best DC film since the Nolan trilogy. Momoa is fun throughout and the CGI is some of the absolute best I have seen at times.

Overall its just a fun movie that doesn't take itself too serious and some incredible looking set pieces. 

This is the first DC movie in a long time where I think the major discussion after it will be on a sequel not if the entire DCEU should be abandoned.

8.5/10

• Like 1

Box Office: 'Aquaman' Swims Past Every Solo Marvel Movie (In China)

Image result for aquaman

Aquaman is starting what is supposed to be its overseas debut this week, with the DC Films flick opening in over 40 international markets (including Mexico, Russia and the United Kingdom) in advance of its December 21, 2018 domestic launch. But China Film Group went early, and so the film has been playing in China for the last week. And after a boffo $24 million opening day and $94m debut weekend, it has continued to perform accordingly as it enters its key second weekend in what will soon be the biggest moviegoing marketplace in the world.

And after one week in China, the Jason Momoa/Amber Heard movie has earned a superb $135.3 million. That is a pretty healthy 1.43x weekend-to-day-seven-multiplier, and the word-of-mouth has been quite strong since opening night. It is already bigger in China than any prior solo MCU superhero movie. Heck, among all Hollywood superhero flicks, it’s behind only Captain America: Civil War ($180m), Avengers: Age of Ultron ($240m), Venom ($267m) and Avengers: Infinity War ($359m). And unless it sinks like a stone (always possible in China), then it’ll earn around $45m this weekend and end the frame just over Civil War’s lifetime total.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TigerChamp said:

lol. I've seen exactly 2 of their videos and both have been brilliant 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, crangs said:

lol. I've seen exactly 2 of their videos and both have been brilliant 

All their vids are really good,well worth going down the youtube hole 😂

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TUF said:

lol that's just a Tide Pod ad

I have no defence for this lol movie looks like a pure dumpster fire.

Really sucks because I was a huge fan of the Pearlman Hellboy's and he campaigned like hell (pun intended) to make a third.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

I have no defence for this lol movie looks like a pure dumpster fire.

Really sucks because I was a huge fan of the Pearlman Hellboy's and he campaigned like hell (pun intended) to make a third.

I like David Harbour from Stranger Things/Tide Ads but it's tew soon. Pearlman's Hellboy movies had a bit of whimsy to them. This looks like it got the dark DC treatment.

HARD PASS

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eclipse76 said:

I ain't sold on the new Hellboy.... just saying... 

Me neither, what's even more annoying is that they have been mentioning for months now how this would be "a darker, grittier more rooted in the source material adaption" and that trailer looks like it had more jokes than Pearlman's Hellboy.

4 minutes ago, TUF said:

I like David Harbour from Stranger Things/Tide Ads but it's tew soon. Pearlman's Hellboy movies had a bit of whimsy to them. This looks like it got the dark DC treatment.

HARD PASS

His movies also have the benefit of being directed by Guillermo Del Toro who I know is a bit of a fruit cake but definitely makes some visually awesome looking films.

• Like 2

Aquaman Likely To Hit $1 Billion Worldwide As It Passes $800 Million Following The New YearRelated image

The latest numbers are in for Aquaman and things are looking very good indeed for the DC Extended Universe, as the signs are all pointing to the Justice League spinoff ultimately passing $1 billion...

According to Deadline, Aquaman performed well over both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, earning $10.1 million and $16.78 million, respectively. That takes its current domestic total up to $216.2 million and industry sources believe that it should top the $300 million mark by Martin Luther King weekend.

Until Glass arrives in theaters, Aquaman has no real competition and that bodes well for Warner Bros.' latest DC Comics adaptation.

Forbes, meanwhile, notes that the movie should top the $800 million mark today at the worldwide box office and a number of "film finance experts" are saying that not only will it pass $900 million in the coming weeks, but there's also a very good chance that it should reach $1 billion once all is said and done. Not bad, eh?

Fook whoever's responsible for releasing Punisher season 2 on the same day as "Glass" 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TUF said:

Fook whoever's responsible for releasing Punisher season 2 on the same day as "Glass" 

Glass is supposed to be 3 hours!  I'm pretty excited about that ****

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Jesus.

M. Night. is known for leaving a lot on the cutting room floor too so I wonder how long this monster was before the cuts. lol now I kinda wish he would have called it Split 2 and split it into 2 parts just to fook with people. 

Punisher is God tier on Netflix but not passing on Glass opening night. 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TUF said:

Jesus.

M. Night. is known for leaving a lot on the cutting room floor too so I wonder how long this monster was before the cuts. lol now I can wish he would have called it Split 2 and split it into 2 parts just to fook with people. 

Punisher is God tier on Netflix but not passing on Glass opening night. 

I didn't even know the movie Split was even a thing until maybe 9 months ago.  But Unbreakable has been one of my faves for a long time.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sobercuban said:

I didn't even know the movie Split was even a thing until maybe 9 months ago.  But Unbreakable has been one of my faves for a long time.  

You must have been on Spartacus's internet plan when that movie dropped cause the twist/connection was spammed on even casual sites like TMZ. Have been hurt by M. Night. tew many times but after Split, I think I'm ready to love again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TUF said:

You must have been on Spartacus's internet plan when that movie dropped cause the twist/connection was spammed on even casual sites like TMZ. Have been hurt by M. Night. tew many times but after Split, I think I'm ready to love again. 

He poisoned my entire family with wolf tickets too many times. I don't trust him to make 2 good movies in a row. Will wait for reviews. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sobercuban said:

i know never to listen to @sobercuban

STOP MISLEADING MY FELLOW MEMBERS

Glass
PG-13
2019 ‧ Drama/Fantasy ‧ 2h 12m
  • Like 1

Just now, AndyWang said:

i know never to listen to @sobercuban

STOP MISLEADING MY FELLOW MEMBERS

Glass
PG-13
2019 ‧ Drama/Fantasy ‧ 2h 12m

Well when I saw it several days ago it said 2 hours and 53 minutes.  Sorry, chief.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sobercuban said:

Well when I saw it several days ago it said 2 hours and 53 minutes.  Sorry, chief.  

the vert of mods

so disappointed in you sober

• Like 3
  • Haha 1