All Things Marvel & DC Thread: Stan Lee Already Filmed His 'Avengers 4' Cameo

Ultimate Superhero Movie RD 3

Infinity War

Deadpool

The Avengers

Thor Ragnarok

• Like 1

Ultimate Superhero Movie RD 4

Crangs swings a 2-2 tie between Logan & Thor Ragnarok to the god of thunder's favour to put him in to the semi-finals.

Infinity War vs. Thor Ragnarok

The Dark Knight vs. Deadpool

Crangs swings a 2-2 tie between Logan & Thor Ragnarok to the god of thunder's favour to put him in to the semi-finals.

Ugh these make me so mad i wanna make one.

ACTUALLY I WILL!! fook you

TR

DK

Infinity War

Deadpool

giphy.gif

• Like 3

blade 1

I hope this thread doesn't die before enigma realizes a mod has liked all of his posts about Blade 1 or anything to do with this factual statements about it being better than Blade 2. 

• Like 1

‘Black Panther’ star in talks to portray Kimbo Slice in upcoming biopic

Kimbo-Slice-1.jpg

Kimbo Slice’s story is headed to the big screen, as a biopic of the late mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter’s life, appropriately dubbed “Backyard Legend,” is in the works according to a report from IMDB.

winston-duke-as-mbaku-in-black-panther.j

In talks to portray the late bearded brawler is Winston Duke, one of the stars of the blockbuster smash “Black Panther,” portraying M’Baku, who also made an appearance in the summer hit “Avengers: Infinity War.”

• Like 1

Fox shareholders to vote on Disney's offer on July 27

giphy.gif

Twenty-First Century Fox Inc shareholders will vote on Walt Disney Co’s revised $71 billion (£54.2 billion) bid for Fox’s entertainment assets on July 27, the companies said.

The shareholder vote effectively sets a deadline for Comcast Corp to come back with a higher bid for Fox if it wishes to continue its bidding war for the media company.

Fox had originally scheduled its shareholder vote for July 10, but delayed it in order to give shareholders more time to review its revised agreement with Disney.

Disney raised its bid from around $52 billion in stock to $71 billion in cash and stock after Comcast earlier countered with a $65 billion all-cash bid.

Earlier this week, Disney won U.S. Justice Department approval for its deal with Fox on condition it sell 22 of Fox’s regional sports networks.

Comcast has filed for a regulatory review but has not yet reached a settlement with regulators.

Disney shareholders will also vote on the deal on the same day.

I still need your vote's we are tied again.

Perfectly balanced

• Like 3

Perfectly balanced

I will take that as a vote for Infinity War lol

What about Dark Knight vs. Deadpool?

• Like 1

I didn't want to pick a favorite before and now you're telling me my vote is the deciding factor and if I don't vote they'll all tie?

tumblr_nr3va0yJnp1qdw666o2_400.gif

• Like 1

Also, totally unrelated but just saw this picture in an article and how have I never noticed Hugh Jackmans ears are the stuff of nightmares. 

zcSq1ZI.png

etQz8yX.png

I didn't want to pick a favorite before and now you're telling me my vote is the deciding factor and if I don't vote they'll all tie?

tumblr_nr3va0yJnp1qdw666o2_400.gif

36720016_1060497337439204_91513440695012

• Like 1

Also, totally unrelated but just saw this picture in an article and how have I never noticed Hugh Jackmans ears are the stuff of nightmares.

zcSq1ZI.png

etQz8yX.png

wow you must have some pretty scarynightmares

• Like 1

Ultimate Superhero Movie FINAL!!!

Well Bubba finally managed to separate the semi-finalists who were drawn on two votes each, meaning that are final match-up is.....

The Dark Knight vs. Infinity War

Luke Cage Season 2 Review

The second half of the season got better but if im honest a lot of the first half felt like a chore just to get through. Biggest saving grace's were Bushmaster & Misty Knight's characters. I don't know what it is but im just not a big fan of Colter as Cage, he just doesn't have that swagger.

Felt like the weakest of any of the Marvel Netflix shows so far to me.

6/10 and that's my I know its a comic book show so I will take it for what it is rating if any of you just watch this for a goof I reckon it will fall more around the 4/10 category.

A great soundtrack and Reg E Cathy stop this from being a pure dumpster fire.

Blade 1 

I agree!!

God damn it you two lol

Well Bubba finally managed to separate the semi-finalists who were drawn on two votes each, meaning that are final match-up is.....

• Like 1

Jessica Jones season 2 and Iron Fist was tew much. Couldn't finish either. Everything I've heard about Luke Cage season 2 is positive and even righted some of Iron Fists shortcomings in the process. Daredevil season 2, Punisher, and Defenders were the peak imo. 

• Like 2

lol 4 edits in and enigma still hasn't noticed the redactions 

• Like 1

Jessica Jones season 2 and Iron Fist was tew much. Couldn't finish either. Everything I've heard about Luke Cage season 2 is positive and even righted some of Iron Fists shortcomings in the process. Daredevil season 2, Punisher, and Defenders were the peak imo. 

I enjoyed season 2 of JJ mainly because of the villain, wanted to jump through my tv and roundhouse kick Trish every god damn scene she was in though.

I agree on the Iron Fist part he's only in one episode of Luke Cage but after seeing it I am actually looking forward to Iron Fist season 2 lol that's a sentence I never thought I would say.

Wasn't as crazy about The Defenders felt a little like too many cooks in the kitchen but totally agree on DD Season 2 and Punisher.

Infinity War

DDs1&2

Punisher

Preacher

/list of good comic to tv

Comics Legend Steve Ditko Passes Away at 90

2dntgm.jpg2dnthr.jpg

Comics legend Steve Ditko passed away on June 29th at the age of 90. While Ditko had gone mostly quiet over the last two decades, he’s one of the most influential figures in American comics, and we’ve seen his work alluded to in blockbuster superhero movies ranging from Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man to Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange.

Ditko was best known as the co-creator of Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, crafting stunning imagery that brought these superheroes to life in the pages of Marvel Comics. Ditko worked closely with Stan Lee on these projects and the two had a somewhat contentious relationship, but after his groundbreaking work with Marvel, Ditko left the company for reasons he never specified.

0706-steve-ditko-spiderman-doctor-strang

After leaving Marvel, Ditko went to work for Charlton Comics, drawing for characters like Blue Beetle and the Question. In the late 60s, Ditko funneled his Objectivist ideas into creating the comic book hero Mr. A, and he moved to DC Comics in 1968 where he worked on characters like Creeper and Hawk and Dove.

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1

• Like 2

Agents of SHIELD's Chloe Bennet confirms she's dating controversial YouTube star Logan Paul

1531404567474.jpg?ve=1&tl=1&text=big-top

Chloe Bennet, star of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, has confirmed her relationship with controversial YouTuber Logan Paul.

The actress – who plays Daisy 'Skye' Johnson in the series – responded to a fan on Twitter who asked her "why" she would date the divisive vlogger.

"Cause he's kind, creative, funny, vibrantly curious about life, weird as f**k in all the best ways, a big dork, and he's one of my best friends," she wrote in response.

"It doesn't make sense to a lot of people, but it doesn't have too (sic). He's changed my life for the better and I've done the same for him."

giphy.gif

Ultimate Superhero Movie Final Winner is...... The Dark Knight

Edited by Jolldan

'Shazam!': First Photo of Zachary Levi's Costume Officially Released

shazam-costume-1121756.jpeg

While speaking to EW about the design of the suit, director David Sandberg revealed that he was influenced by many of the various Shazam costumes over the years, from the classic comics to the animated TV shows.

“I wanted to keep the shorter cape as a throwback to the original because that’s something that sets him apart from Superman or Batman,” Sandberg said of the suit. “It makes him feel a bit more Golden Age superhero, which is the vibe I’m going for.”

• Like 1

I've never looked at 1 picture from a upcoming movie and definitively felt it looks chit more than i have after seeing that picture.

• Like 3

I've never looked at 1 picture from a upcoming movie and definitively felt it looks chit more than i have after seeing that picture.

This^^

My feels right now.... ????????????????

They finna wreck one of my favs...

• Like 2

This^^

My feels right now....

They finna wreck one of my favs...

Im not gonna lie I like the look of the suit. Think DC is using this as a way to get away from there usual bleak colour scheme and themes. I just hope they don't go too kid friendly with it.

At the end of the day Billy is a kid himself so there should be a good bit of levity to the film.

• Like 2

New Batwoman show will cater even more to SJW's.  She will have an SJW agenda, complete with her being a lesbian.

Batwoman revolves around Kate Kane, who, armed with a passion for social justice and flair for speaking her mind, soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city's criminal resurgence.

I'm okay with this sort of stuff on Gotham, but on the CW, it's way too agenda driven and trying to influence young people.

Edited by PokesJones

New Batwoman show will cater even more to SJW's.  She will have an SJW agenda, complete with her being a lesbian.

I'm okay with this sort of stuff on Gotham, but on the CW, it's way too agenda driven and trying to influence young people.

The only part of that im not bothered about is her being a lesbian because that is part of her character so that makes sense.

Oh god I don't know why they feel like they need to push a social issue in every god damn show.

The only part of that im not bothered about is her being a lesbian because that is part of her character so that makes sense.

Oh god I don't know why they feel like they need to push a social issue in every god damn show.

Trivia:

Ironically, the creators of Batwoman were against their characters being homosexual.  Batwoman and Batman were meant to be a couple.  She was specifically created to combat allegations that Batman might be homosexual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batwoman

Batwoman began appearing in DC Comics stories beginning with Detective Comics #233 (1956), in which she was introduced as a love interest for Batman in order to combat the allegations of Batman's homosexuality

That said, there is a 2006 storyline where she is a lesbian that didn't do well, so she was pretty much sidelined.

Then in 2011, they relaunched her as a lesbian along with a tranny roommate.  (I guess they are using that one and then adding a SJW agenda to it, so look for the tranny too) 

There is a stereotype that any strong female character can be made lesbian if the LGBT community pushes hard enough. 

It's much more difficult for them to convince creators to make established male characters gay.  The best they can do is with "alternate dimension" characters, as that's acceptable.  With male characters, you can be sure it's agenda driven whenever it happens.

Edited by PokesJones
  • Like 1

Trivia:

Ironically, the creators of Batwoman were against their characters being homosexual.  Batwoman and Batman were meant to be a couple.  She was specifically created to combat allegations that Batman might be homosexual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batwoman

Batwoman began appearing in DC Comics stories beginning with Detective Comics #233 (1956), in which she was introduced as a love interest for Batman in order to combat the allegations of Batman's homosexuality

That said, there is a 2006 storyline where she is a lesbian that didn't do well, so she was pretty much sidelined.

Then in 2011, they relaunched her as a lesbian along with a tranny roommate.  (I guess they are using that one and then adding a SJW agenda to it, so look for the tranny too) 

There is a stereotype that any strong female character can be made lesbian if the LGBT community pushes hard enough. 

It's much more difficult for them to convince creators to make established male characters gay.  The best they can do is with "alternate dimension" characters, as that's acceptable.  With male characters, you can be sure it's agenda driven whenever it happens.

Nice I can honestly say I never knew this.

I knew Batwoman first appeared in 1956 Kathy Kane was never really a ground breaking character. I mean while Batman had a utility belt with all the gadgets she had a utility purse lol and all her weapons were disguised as stereotypical feminine products such as lipstick, cosmetic compacts, charm bracelets, and hair nets.

Batgirl went on to be the successor of that character and surpassed Kathy in every way imaginable. They actually initially intended to redo Batgirl's look but after realising she was one of the few disabled characters they had decided to keep her as Oracle and reinvent Batwoman.

There really is no comparison when you compare the original 1960's costume to the modern one.

61seK9JjIVL._SY450_.jpg0761941313979_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

Her series from last year might have finally started to change that around as it has pretty good reviews.

Incredibles 2 Spoiler Review

ccb8be30dceed72a641e01b49853cf74dada3398

Elastigirl takes centre stage and while I was really worried this movie was going to come off as kind of preachy it never did the reason which Helen is picked over Bob is actually hilarious. Plus her scene with her new bike that splits in the middle is really cool.

Bob was probably my second favourite character of this movie while Helen gets most of the action Bob gets all the emotional stuff and some of it is great.

Being honest I never really cared for Violet in the first movie here she is so much better the bratty teenager stuff together with the guy she likes produced some really great scenes.

If anyone felt like they took a bit of backseat this movie it was Dash, he had some awesome scenes in the last movie here he felt more of just comedy relief.

The baby of the hour Jack-Jack steals damn near every scene he is in with one of the absolute highlights of the movie being his fight with a racoon. Also when he becomes giant and the bonding between him and Edna was great.

Screenslaver/Evelyn is the villain of the movie and while ill admit I don't think its as good a villain as a Syndrome in the first she serves a different kind of purpose plus I think this one will be a lot creepier for kids. The fight scene with Elastigirl is actually pretty dark for a kids movie. Evelyn is eventually revealed to be controlling everything. She is a good evil villain but that's all.

The only thing left to say is that I really hope I don't have to wait another 14 years for number 3 as these films just seem to get better.

10/10

'>

Well I have got to start of with saying this is without a doubt one of if not the best Pixar sequel ever in my opinion. Few films begin with as much expectation and deliver like this one did.

First I love how it started literally seconds after the first one finished. Even though he is only used in the opening scene the Underminer is actually a really cool villain.

Then we continue off from the last one super's are illegal. Then we are introduced to Winston & Eveyln Deavor (I mean come on Evelyn Deavour = Evil Endeavour) and the fact that she was always so quiet compared to Bob pretty much confirmed for me she was a villain but it didn't bother me at all this movie really isn't about the villain.

Elastigirl takes centre stage and while I was really worried this movie was going to come off as kind of preachy it never did the reason which Helen is picked over Bob is actually hilarious. Plus her scene with her new bike that splits in the middle is really cool.

Bob was probably my second favourite character of this movie while Helen gets most of the action Bob gets all the emotional stuff and some of it is great.

Being honest I never really cared for Violet in the first movie here she is so much better the bratty teenager stuff together with the guy she likes produced some really great scenes.

If anyone felt like they took a bit of backseat this movie it was Dash, he had some awesome scenes in the last movie here he felt more of just comedy relief.

The baby of the hour Jack-Jack steals damn near every scene he is in with one of the absolute highlights of the movie being his fight with a racoon. Also when he becomes giant and the bonding between him and Edna was great.

Screenslaver/Evelyn is the villain of the movie and while ill admit I don't think its as good a villain as a Syndrome in the first she serves a different kind of purpose plus I think this one will be a lot creepier for kids. The fight scene with Elastigirl is actually pretty dark for a kids movie. Evelyn is eventually revealed to be controlling everything. She is a good evil villain but that's all.

The only thing left to say is that I really hope I don't have to wait another 14 years for number 3 as these films just seem to get better.

10/10

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1

Incredibles 2 Spoiler Review

ccb8be30dceed72a641e01b49853cf74dada3398

10/10

'>

Well I have got to start of with saying this is without a doubt one of if not the best Pixar sequel ever in my opinion. Few films begin with as much expectation and deliver like this one did.

First I love how it started literally seconds after the first one finished. Even though he is only used in the opening scene the Underminer is actually a really cool villain.

Then we continue off from the last one super's are illegal. Then we are introduced to Winston & Eveyln Deavor (I mean come on Evelyn Deavour = Evil Endeavour) and the fact that she was always so quiet compared to Bob pretty much confirmed for me she was a villain but it didn't bother me at all this movie really isn't about the villain.

10/10

Loved that **** so damn much.

• Like 1

Teen Titans Drops Brutal First Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJkk1Ir6R8Y

Still far from perfect in my mind but looks a hell of a lot better than expected.

What do you think?

think I'm still not watching trailers in 2018
  • Like 2

Teen Titans Drops Brutal First Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJkk1Ir6R8Y

Still far from perfect in my mind but looks a hell of a lot better than expected.

What do you think? 

Having not followed this, I thought it was a CW show at first glance until that face stomp. Will give it a watch despite what they have done to poor Starfire. 

• Like 2

James Gunn fired by Disney due to tweets from several years ago brought to light by a Pro Trump Journalist trying to discredit Gunn due to his anti Trump sentiments

James Gunn fired by Disney due to tweets from several years ago brought to light by a Pro Trump Journalist trying to discredit Gunn due to his anti Trump sentiments

Just remember we live in an age where everything you've ever said is public record and can and will be used against you at some point in the future.
  • Like 1

Just remember we live in an age where everything you've ever said is public record and can and will be used against you at some point in the future.

comments are supposedly close to 10 yrs old
  • Like 1

comments are supposedly close to 10 yrs old

Yep sounds about right. Remember this is the metoo age, people can now be ostracised and harassed for things they said decades ago without context.

Insert i dont want to live on this planet anymore meme