Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

All Things Marvel & DC Thread: Stan Lee Already Filmed His 'Avengers 4' Cameo

18 minutes ago, TUF said:

tbf, i suppose there are a lot philistines who read LotRs with no hespect for the groundwork Bilbo laid down first. 

The fora is gonna need a hot take on Winter Soldier and IM2 mate. Considered by many, the best and worst of the MCU. 

I like Iron Man the character but both IM2 and IM3 are hot garbage if you are taking NoCakesHotTakes. 

Winter Soldier is GOAT tier and is joined only by Thor Ragnarok and the first Guardians for me. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

I like Iron Man the character but both IM2 and IM3 are hot garbage if you are taking NoCakesHotTakes. 

Winter Soldier is GOAT tier and is joined only by Thor Ragnarok and the first Guardians for me. 

NoCakesHotTakes > "Jeffdubya on ____"

IM2 only gets so much hate cause it had to follow IM1 and IM3 only gets forgiven cause it followed IM2 but Shane Black gets the Rian Johnson award for now killing 2 of my favorite franchises. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, TUF said:

NoCakesHotTakes > "Jeffdubya on ____"

IM2 only gets so much hate cause it had to follow IM1 and IM3 only gets forgiven cause it followed IM2 but Shane Black gets the Rian Johnson award for now killing 2 of my favorite franchises. 

I'll start signing off my comments so you know it's legit. 

Yeah I agree with that assessment. I much prefer Tony with people around him anyway so that probably doesn't help. 

Bubba's conversion to superheroes has me thinking I need to rewatch some of these movies. 

NoCake

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, TUF said:

tbf, i suppose there are a lot philistines who read LotRs with no hespect for the groundwork Bilbo laid down first. 

The fora is gonna need a hot take on Winter Soldier and IM2 mate. Considered by many, the best and worst of the MCU. 

I loved winter soldier. I can see why it's such a fan favourite. The whole cap/Bucky thing is pretty strong and it's nice to see Jackson do a bit more than mince around looking cool. Always nice to see someone from 'neighbours' in a film too... good old Jim. 

IM2 was better than expected. Villain was a bit pantomime but still plenty of enjoyment. 

Lol, so I decided to watch The Avengers to remind myself of some stuff. Nobody told me bloody Thanos appears in it!! I think I originally watched that in my 'what do you mean mid credit scene ' phase. 

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I loved winter soldier. I can see why it's such a fan favourite. The whole cap/Bucky thing is pretty strong and it's nice to see Jackson do a bit more than mince around looking cool. Always nice to see someone from 'neighbours' in a film too... good old Jim. 

IM2 was better than expected. Villain was a bit pantomime but still plenty of enjoyment. 

Lol, so I decided to watch The Avengers to remind myself of some stuff. Nobody told me bloody Thanos appears in it!! I think I originally watched that in my 'what do you mean mid credit scene ' phase. 

Also known as the "FreddieVanHalen Im such a big Carnage from Spiderman fan but didnt stick around 30 seconds into the credits to see him or am such a big Marvel fan but apparently dont know about mid credit scenes rule"?

Not sure if youve gotten to Cap Am 3 but I would put it on par with 2. Dr Strange gets the Iron Man 2 treatment as well. Both get a bit overlooked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Glad to hear the Russo brothers did a great job on CA2.

Yeah I think I remember something about Mickey Rourke complained that RDJ wanted to hog as much screen time as possible, apparently there is a whole story to his bird that cut from the movie lol. Best bit about the entire movie can be described in three words "Iron Man Suitcase!" lol

Image result for iron man suitcase gif

Yeah it doesn't help that they couldn't really decide on a colour right away so they change his tone across four movies haha.

Image result for thanos different looks in marvel movies

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Also known as the "FreddieVanHalen Im such a big Carnage from Spiderman fan but didnt stick around 30 seconds into the credits to see him or am such a big Marvel fan but apparently dont know about mid credit scenes rule"?

Not sure if youve gotten to Cap Am 3 but I would put it on par with 2. Dr Strange gets the Iron Man 2 treatment as well. Both get a bit overlooked. 

Yeah I watched civil war ages ago. I thought it was Avengers 3 at the time though. 

There was kind of a method to my madness by the way. I watched all the Thor films in order. Watched the Avengers films in order. Even watched the guardians of the galaxy films in order... it's the overall cohesiveness that was a bit lacking. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PunchBag said:

Kind of fed up of superhero movies, aside from the avengers, the rest have been fairly ****.

Would recommend some of the R-Rated one's if you are sick of the norm or just DC & Marvel in general.

Watchmen and V for Vendetta are worth a watch.

• Like 2

Will always "like" a post about Watchmen or V for Vendetta.

Also, I'm 3 episodes in to Daredevil season 3 and am underwhelmed so far. Season 2 peaked by episode 3 so hoping season 3 peaks later in the season cause it's been a snoozer. 

• Like 1

Falcon and Winter Soldier Getting a Limited Series on Disney Streaming Service

Image result for winter soldier falcon

Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan will reprise their roles as The Falcon and Winter Soldier in an upcoming miniseries for the Disney Play streaming service, Variety reports.

Empire writer Malcolm Spellman has boarded the project, which is the third Marvel Cinematic Universe series to be announced but the first to find a writer. With Loki & Scarlett Witch confirmed to be getting their own shows on Diseny's new service.

Both characters have been Captain America in the comics during times when Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) was either dead or out of commission. Given the persistent rumors that Steve might die in Avengers 4, it might be a good guess that the series will riff on "Fallen Son," a story from the comics that established who would follow in Steve's footsteps after his death.

A follow-up report at Slashfilm suggests The Vision will also appear in the series, which likely means it will tie directly into the Scarlet Witch series.

Disney would clearly be pulling out all the stops with these series, as stars like Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen would be expected to reprise their roles for the series, and the production value of each series rivaling that of a feature film.

Will you be watching?

Who else would you like to see get their own series?

• Like 1

Glad i stuck with Daredevil S3. 6 episodes in an that prison tracking shot and Bullseye origin was mint.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TUF said:

Glad i stuck with Daredevil S3. 6 episodes in an that prison tracking shot and Bullseye origin was mint.

Watching final episodes now 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Eclipse76 said:

Watching final episodes now 

Fora is gonna need a 10 point eclipse review

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TUF said:

Daredevil season 3 changed my bum life

Last 2 episodes tonight .I got sidetracked this weekend with poon...

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 11:18 AM, Eclipse76 said:

Last 2 episodes tonight .I got sidetracked this weekend with poon...

On 11/3/2018 at 6:11 PM, TUF said:

Fora is gonna need a 10 point eclipse review

• Haha 1

Just now, Eclipse76 said:

I got sidetracked again.. I've sold wolf tickets on my review... 

I didn't think I would, given how p5p season 2 was, but I think I enjoyed season 3 more. That said, I hope they go in a different direction if there's a season 4. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 1:58 PM, TUF said:

I didn't think I would, given how p5p season 2 was, but I think I enjoyed season 3 more. That said, I hope they go in a different direction if there's a season 4. 

I think season 2 had my jimmies gently cupped with punisher and violence and overall better story... 

Season 3 ended well but started too slow for me and everyone doubting themselves all season made my temple's hurt... I was finna shoot them myself... crying all the God damn time. .. I agree that season 4 needs to go back to roots of season 1 and 2 for story line and violence.  

• Like 1

The world lost a good one yesterday. Comics, games, TV shows, movies, without this legend we wouldn't have gotten to enjoy any of them. RIP Stan Lee

Related image

• Like 1

Stan Lee Already Filmed His 'Avengers 4' Cameo

Related image

News of Marvel creator Stan Lee's death has sent the pop-culture and geek worlds into a tailspin of grief and mourning today. Reactions from both fans and big names in both the Marvel Comics and the Marvel Cinematic Universe camps are still pouring in, and show no signs of slowing down anytime soon.

Right off the bat, let's establish one thing: before his passing, Stan Lee had already filmed his cameo for Avengers 4

The first indication we got that Lee had turned in his Avengers 4 cameo scene came back in spring 2018, when Avengers: Infinity War directors The Russo Bros, revealed the following during a BBC Radio interview:

"He's the godfather of a lot of these stories, him and Jack Kirby," Joe Russo said "...So, Stan, typically we try to get him out — he doesn't love to fly — so we try to get him out for his cameos around the same time. So if we have other movies shooting on the same lot that we're on, for instance Ant-Man [and the Wasp] or Avengers 4, we group his cameos together and then move him from one set to the next and get him through his cameos in one day."

Lee appeared in Ant-Man and the Wasp this past summer (one of his best cameos), and as Joe Russo stated, that film Infinity War and Avengers 4 were all shooting around the same time, and a lot of the same studios. It was therefore easy to just shuffle Lee from one set to the other to film all the needed cameos, based on the way Joe Russo tells it.

The Russos also indicated that Stan Lee would be making cameos in Marvel movies 'well into 2019.' In addition to Avengers 4, Lee would likely have been able to film a cameo scene for the upcoming Captain Marvel - though that's not yet been concretely confirmed. The question gets a little bit trickier when trying to gauge if other studios also courted Lee for their 2019 Marvel movies. Sony's Spider-Man: Far From Home just wrapped principal photography, so it's a toss-up whether a Stan Lee cameo was added; even more vague is Fox's next X-Men movie release, Dark Phoenix.

At the very least, Marvel fans know that when Avengers 4 brings the first era of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to a close, it will get the extra poignant honor of having a milestone Stan Lee send-off to go with it.

• Like 1