Jolldan

All Things Marvel & DC Thread: Zoe Kravitz Cast as Catwoman

8 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Yeah I seen he finally said a few weeks ago its the one role more than any other he wishes he hadn't passed on, would have definitely been "different" to say the least😂

Image result for will smith matrix

can't unsee 😮

5 minutes ago, TUF said:

can't unsee 😮

Remember I told you I was worried about Birds of Prey 

Birds Of Prey Is a Feminist Movie According To Ewan McGregor

Related image

"What interested me with Birds of Prey is that it's a feminist film," McGregor said. "It is very finely written. There is in the script a real look on misogyny, and I think we need that. We need to be more aware of how we behave with the opposite sex. We need to be taught to change. Misogynists in movies are often extreme: they rape, they beat women ... and it is legitimate to represent people like that, because they exist and they are obviously the worst. But in the Birds of Prey dialogues, there is always a hint of everyday misogyny, of those things you say as a man you do not even realize, mansplaining ... and it's in the script in a very subtle way. I found that brilliant."

Related image

10 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Remember I told you I was worried about Birds of Prey 

Birds Of Prey Is a Feminist Movie According To Ewan McGregor

Related image

"What interested me with Birds of Prey is that it's a feminist film," McGregor said. "It is very finely written. There is in the script a real look on misogyny, and I think we need that. We need to be more aware of how we behave with the opposite sex. We need to be taught to change. Misogynists in movies are often extreme: they rape, they beat women ... and it is legitimate to represent people like that, because they exist and they are obviously the worst. But in the Birds of Prey dialogues, there is always a hint of everyday misogyny, of those things you say as a man you do not even realize, mansplaining ... and it's in the script in a very subtle way. I found that brilliant."

That moment you realize Conor hasn't won a fight in years and has been in trouble with the law multiple times the last couple years and still isn't the McGregor that's fallen off the hardest :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TUF said:

That moment you realize Conor hasn't won a fight in years and has been in trouble with the law multiple times the last couple years and still isn't the McGregor that's fallen off the hardest :(

Yeah he's just been informed he's banned from returning to Scotland for talking like a complete foglet. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TUF said:

When the show's star says it ain't for old white dudes and old white dudes dont watch it, does it mean she's right? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, crangs said:

When the show's star says it ain't for old white dudes and old white dudes dont watch it, does it mean she's right? 😂

Seems like more a self fulfilling prophecy. Congrats to all SLW pansexuals that finally have something to watch for 1 season until it gets cancelled 

• Haha 2

The Batman: Zoe Kravitz Cast as Catwoman

Image result for zoe kravitz catwoman

After Robert Pattinson was cast as Bruce Wayne in Matt Reeves' upcoming iteration of Batman, it wasn't going to be long before the dominoes began to fall regarding the rest of the cast. Jeffrey Wright and Jonah Hill have reportedly already joined Pattinson in The Batman, but it looks like one of biggest casting decisions for the film has finally been made. Zoe Kravitz has been cast to play Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman, Batman's foil and love interest.

The Wrap reported on Monday afternoon that Kravits had landed the job, which had been a highly-coveted job for quite a while. There were reports that Reeves and the studio were looking to cast an actress of color in the sole of Selina Kyle, and the search ultimately led them to Kravitz.

The actress is no stranger to the world of comic book movies, having portrayed Angel Salvadore in X-Men: First Class. She previously voiced the character of Catwoman in 2017's The LEGO Batman Movie. Her other notable credits include Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Big Little Lies, Divergent, and Mad Max: Fury Road. Kravitz also has a personal connection to the greater universe of DC live-action movies, as her stepfather is none other than Jason Momoa, who starred as Aquaman in Justice League and the character's first ever solo film, which grossed over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

• Like 1

Venom Director Says Spider-Man And Venom Will Crossover

Spider-Man Venom CrossoverThey ain’t gonna know what hit ’em: the director of Venom says the anti-hero will clash with Spider-Man on screen.  

Raking in more than $850 million at the box office, a sequel to Venom (which was critically panned, sitting at 29% on Rotten Tomatoes) was inevitable.

However, Ruben Fleischer has stepped out of the director’s chair, letting Gollum himself, Andy Serkis, take the helm.

But that isn’t stopping the first film’s director from revealing where the Marvel Comics characters are heading.

In an interview with Fandom, Fleischer said Tom Hardy’s Venom and Tom Holland’s Spider-Man are destined to come together. 

As per Fandom, Fleischer said:  "That’s where it’s all going to lead. And that’s the exciting thing, because we changed the origin of Venom… in the comics, he evolved from Spider-Man but because of the Marvel-Sony thing we weren’t able to that. And so the thing I think it’s building towards, and will be exciting to see, is when they actually do confront each other." 

Sony producer, Amy Pascal, confirmed Hardy will be returning to the wacky role, telling Fandango: ‘I can say that Tom Hardy will be back, magnificently playing that character as no one else can.’

After the mass divide between the fans and critics with the first film, Fleischer was happy to let Serkis take on the sequel. Fleischer added:  "If anything, I would have changed the critics’ reaction to it. I was really bummed that people didn’t like it because it’s a crowd-pleasing movie and I’m not sure if there was just blow-back against Sony or people just worship Marvel. But I was really surprised that the critics [were gunning for it] because audiences really enjoyed the movie. And so many people who’ve seen it just appreciated that it was a fun superhero movie. So I was a little surprised. I don’t know what they were expecting. "

There’s just one slight problem with the idea of Venom and Spider-Man colliding (or perhaps co-operating) – contracts, lots and lots of them.

Spider-Man Tom Holland

Spider-Man is owned by Sony, but is essentially leased out to Marvel Studios so that his role in the MCU can continue for (at least) two more films, probably in order to tie up the explosion of threads following Far From Home (however, little is known about the ins and outs of the deal).

Venom, on the other hand, is an exclusive member of Sony’s Marvel Universe – separate from the MCU, darker in tone (with Mobius and Kraven the Hunter movies in the works).

sony tom hardy eddie brock venom suit

How the heads at Sony and Marvel plan to integrate Spidey into Venom’s world (one where he’d surely already know who the webslinger is) is yet to be seen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jolldan said:

The Batman: Zoe Kravitz Cast as Catwoman

Image result for zoe kravitz catwoman

After Robert Pattinson was cast as Bruce Wayne in Matt Reeves' upcoming iteration of Batman, it wasn't going to be long before the dominoes began to fall regarding the rest of the cast. Jeffrey Wright and Jonah Hill have reportedly already joined Pattinson in The Batman, but it looks like one of biggest casting decisions for the film has finally been made. Zoe Kravitz has been cast to play Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman, Batman's foil and love interest.

The Wrap reported on Monday afternoon that Kravits had landed the job, which had been a highly-coveted job for quite a while. There were reports that Reeves and the studio were looking to cast an actress of color in the sole of Selina Kyle, and the search ultimately led them to Kravitz.

The actress is no stranger to the world of comic book movies, having portrayed Angel Salvadore in X-Men: First Class. She previously voiced the character of Catwoman in 2017's The LEGO Batman Movie. Her other notable credits include Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Big Little Lies, Divergent, and Mad Max: Fury Road. Kravitz also has a personal connection to the greater universe of DC live-action movies, as her stepfather is none other than Jason Momoa, who starred as Aquaman in Justice League and the character's first ever solo film, which grossed over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

image.png.74fc6c23d4d275828f92fc52c472929b.png

Deadpool Writers Confirm Next Movie Will Be R-Rated (Despite Being At Marvel)

Image result for deadpool disney

Deadpool writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick confirm the next film in the series will be R-rated, even though it'll be at Marvel.

Earlier this year, Disney's acquisition of 20th Century Fox became official, meaning the Mouse House now has the film rights to the various Marvel characters Fox controlled, like the X-Men and Fantastic Four. During July's San Diego Comic-Con, Kevin Feige revealed new movies for both of those properties are in development, though it is unknown when they will actually be released.

As exciting it is to see Wolverine, the Human Torch, and more become part of the MCU after all these years, the Disney/Fox deal raised many questions about the Deadpool film franchise. That series, of course, is noted for its R-rated take on the comic book genre, gleefully incorporating brutal violence, excessive profanity, and other adult-orientated elements that clash with the MCU's four-quadrant, PG-13 approach to filmmaking. Obviously, fans would prefer if Deadpool was not watered down, and even though he now falls under the Mouse House's umbrella, it looks like they're aren't any plans to change things up.

• Like 2

Taika Waititi Confirms Korg’s Return For Thor: Love And Thunder

Taika Waititi Korg Thor Love and ThunderLet’s hope he prints enough pamphlets: Taika Waititi’s Korg will be returning to our screens in Thor: Love and Thunder.

The sequel to Ragnarok, bringing back the Waititi as director, will also feature his fan-favourite, hilariously naive bundle of rocks.

Waititi told the audience: ‘My character is coming back, Korg.’ Met with rapturous applause, he slipped back into the character’s unforgettable voice, saying: ‘Thank you. Thank you so much for that reaction.’ Whether his trusty sidekick Miek will return is currently unknown.

Related image

• Like 2

Joker Is Warner Bros.' Biggest Box Office Hit of 2019 Worldwide

Image result for joker dancing

Joker is Warner Bros.' highest grossing movie of the year. The Todd Phillips-directed movie has seen its fair share of publicity over the past few weeks. With that being said, it must be nice for the studio to see some positive publicity for Joker, even though this proves there really isn't such a thing as bad publicity. The violence and mental health controversies threatened to hurt the movie at the box office, but the critical acclaim and fan reaction has helped it to stay number one at the box office two weekends in a row.

As of this writing, Joker has made $548.2 million globally. The character study is Warner Bros.' second biggest opening weekend for a DC project, just behind Wonder Woman's 2017 opening of $103.2 million. It also broke an October opening record with $96.2 million. In addition, the Joker opening marked a career best for Todd Phillips, Joaquin Phoenix and Robert De Niro. Not surprisingly, the character study took down Justice League's opening of just over $93 million.

The $548.2 million global box office haul sets Joker up with a pretty healthy lead against its fellow Warner Bros. competitors. Andres Muschietti's IT Chapter Two has been underperforming when compared to the first installment and has stalled at $445 million, though it still has Joker beat domestically with $207 million, though that victory will more than likely be short-lived. Shazam! managed to bring in an expressive $364 million, Godzilla: King of the Monsters took in $385 million, while Detective Pikachu earned $431 million. Todd Phillips' latest has only been in theaters for just over two weeks, so we're obviously going to see these numbers get even higher, especially if it ends up getting any awards attention.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TUF said:

I vaguely remember him from There Will Be Blood. He wouldn't have been my first choice but honestly I prefer this idea than Jonah Hill as Penguin, just never thought he was a good fit to play Cobblepot. 

Neil Patrick Harris was always my first choice for The Riddler, the dude is clearly a fan of the character as well.

Image result for neil patrick harris the riddler

• Like 1

Box Office: 'Joker' to Become Top-Grossing R-Rated Pic of All Time

The current crown holder is 'Deadpool,' unadjusted for inflation.

The current crown holder is 'Deadpool,' unadjusted for inflation.

Joker continues to laugh all the way to the bank in record fashion.

The Warner Bros. pic, directed by Todd Phillips and starring Joaquin Phoenix as the menacing supervillain, is well on its way to becoming the top-grossing R-rated film of all time at the global box office, not adjusted for inflation.

Deadpool, the groundbreaking 2016 superhero pic starring Ryan Reynolds, is the current record holder with $783 million in worldwide ticket sales. (Deadpool 2's earnings were roughly $738 million before a PG-13 cut of the 2018 film brought the movie's total grosses to $785 million.)

Through Sunday, Joker's global total stands at $737.5 million after three weekends in release, exceeding all expectations.

Joker is expected to ultimately take in close to $900 million globally; some even think it has a shot at approaching $1 billion.

On 10/19/2019 at 11:37 AM, TUF said:

Im intrigued to see this how one turns out, expecially with the project being so close to Johnson's heart, apparently this movie really wouldn't be happening without him having pushed for it so much.