• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:36 AM

According to Dana White, rising women's MMA star Mackenize Dern is already on the UFC's radar.

Mackenzie-Dern-1024x681.jpg

At 23-years-old and with just three professional fights to her MMA resume, Mackenzie Dern is already making waves in the women's mixed martial arts scene.

The multiple time Brazilian Jiu Jitsu world champion has already been scoped out by MMA's premiere promotion, the UFC, according to head promoter Dana White.

“We’ve been checking her out. She’s a little bad ****,” White told reporters at TMZ in a recent interview, per Damon Martin of FOX Sports.

White, 47, is open to the possibility of Dern becoming 'another Ronda Rousey.'

“You never know how good somebody’s going to be until they get in there and start fighting the best in the world,” White said about Dern.

“Obviously, she has a lot of potential, but will she be another Ronda [Rousey]? I don’t know.”

What will likely be keeping Dana and the UFC from making Dern an offer is simply two things.

1. She's still very green. It would do nothing but help Mackenzie to have another 4 or 5 fights in smaller promotions before taking on the big time. Better to come in with a 8-0 record and win your ufc debut impressively rather than come in 3-0 and scrape a decision, you only get one chance to make a first impression.

2. Discipline. It doesn't matter how talented Mackenzie is she has missed weight in two of her three fights. You can get away with that in these smaller leagues but the ufc will likely not take her on until her weight cutting issues are behind her.

All things considered Mackenzie is still the hottest prospect in the women's Straw weight division she just needs to make the weight.

• TheSinisterUrge likes this

#2 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God
  • Free
  • 4,385 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:51 AM

Lol wmma
  • Eclipse76, IRT/, TheSinisterUrge and 4 others like this

http://media.gettyim...ure-id501169918

#3 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

4 time, 4 time, 4 time, 4 TIME CHAMPION!

• Free
  • 36,344 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:02 AM

Okay, her career started when Inside MMA was still on. So I remember seeing her story from start to finish.

This stupid broad made weight for a single one of her fights. lol.. That girl made her debut the same night, and actually never took another fight.

As for the other two girls Dern beat, only one of them is an actual fighter. Dern came in four pounds heavier than that girl, which means she basically gave up on cutting weight. The girl that Dern fought, Montana Stewart was substantially larger than Dern. Probably four or five inches taller. Logic would tell you that girl had to cut a ton more weight, and was much more depleted than Mackenzie. So I don't give a damn what kind of silly BJJ garbage she landed on her. It was obvious to me that she pulled the Charles Oliveira move, and showed up heavier than the other fighter on purpose.

This is the 2017 UFC though. She'll probably get a title shot faster than Cyborg, because hey, she's got a pretty face!

Edited by cashfl0w, 20 March 2017 - 04:04 AM.

• Eclipse76 and TheSinisterUrge like this
Champion of Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 
UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 24-6-2 (+60)

Let's just skip forward a couple months and laugh at how Tim Elliot, a guy that they cut, is about to get the next title shot, without even beating anyone that's currently in the company.

LOL.. The UFC is a mess.

#4 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:11 AM

Okay, her career started when Inside MMA was still on. So I remember seeing her story from start to finish.

This stupid broad made weight for a single one of her fights. lol.. That girl made her debut the same night, and actually never took another fight.

As for the other two girls Dern beat, only one of them is an actual fighter. Dern came in four pounds heavier than that girl, which means she basically gave up on cutting weight. The girl that Dern fought, Montana Stewart was substantially larger than Dern. Probably four or five inches taller. Logic would tell you that girl had to cut a ton more weight, and was much more depleted than Mackenzie. So I don't give a damn what kind of silly BJJ garbage she landed on her. It was obvious to me that she pulled the Charles Oliveira move, and showed up heavier than the other fighter on purpose.

This is the 2017 UFC though. She'll probably get a title shot faster than Cyborg, because hey, she's got a pretty face!

That's why I think she should stick to the LFA or whatever can league she's fighting in just now. To at the very least get the experience of cutting weight and winning fights after you've made 115.

Grind out another couple victory's there ands then you come in with a undefeated record with a good few finishes, you have more power for your contract and fight better fighters from the get-go.

If she can make the weight and win Dana will throw the media machine behind her big time. Because like you said baldy loves a pretty face.

• Eclipse76, TheSinisterUrge and cashfl0w like this

#5 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Free
  • 36,344 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:25 AM

That's why I think she should stick to the LFA or whatever can league she's fighting in just now. To at the very least get the experience of cutting weight and winning fights after you've made 115.

Grind out another couple victory's there ands then you come in with a undefeated record with a good few finishes, you have more power for your contract and fight better fighters from the get-go.

If she can make the weight and win Dana will throw the media machine behind her big time. Because like you said baldy loves a pretty face.

Her major issue is going to be that there's no flyweight division in the UFC. It's clearly getting harder for her to make 115 pounds.

But again, things change when there's a pretty face involved. Look at how they had Letourneau in that 125 pound fight, then unsurprisingly not a single one since. lol.. So obvious.

Edited by cashfl0w, 20 March 2017 - 04:26 AM.

• TheSinisterUrge and Jolldan like this
UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png

Let's just skip forward a couple months and laugh at how Tim Elliot, a guy that they cut, is about to get the next title shot, without even beating anyone that's currently in the company.

LOL.. The UFC is a mess.

#6 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:33 AM

Her major issue is going to be that there's no flyweight division in the UFC. It's clearly getting harder for her to make 115 pounds.

But again, things change when there's a pretty face involved. Look at how they had Letourneau in that 125 pound fight, then unsurprisingly not a single one since. lol.. So obvious.

Yeah with all this exposure and stories about weight cutting coming out im thinking they will add a 125 division very soon. They hinted at it before and the demands going to continue to grow.

At least Dana knows he has fighters to make 125 where as 145 you were literally creating for Cyborg.

• TheSinisterUrge likes this

#7 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Free
  • 36,344 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:37 AM

Yeah with all this exposure and stories about weight cutting coming out im thinking they will add a 125 division very soon. They hinted at it before and the demands going to continue to grow.

At least Dana knows he has fighters to make 125 where as 145 you were literally creating for Cyborg.

You reminded me of something!

LOL.. The UFC is a mess.

#8 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:39 AM

You reminded me of something!

What?

#9 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Free
  • 36,344 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:20 AM

What?

http://forums.ufcfig...vs-de-randamie/

• Jolldan likes this

LOL.. The UFC is a mess.

#10 ijosef

ijosef
  • Free
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

Dana just wants to bone her. That's really about it.

She's got three victories over no-name cans, two of which were decisions. The only highlight was her imanari choke, which she got on the aforementioned scrub who only had that one fight.

She's a weight-missing can. Sure, she has BJJ credentials, but BJJ isn't fighting. After folks figured out the Gracie tricks, it was over for them. How many times have we seen "high level BJJ black belts" show up in the UFC only to get KTFO?

• FreeCanPass likes this

#11 bluesy

bluesy
  • Free
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:50 AM

I can see Dana opening up the 125lbs division for her.

• skillandpower likes this

#12 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 6,767 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

Yeah, she will be another Rousey ... she will turtle as soon as she gets hit on the face ? Is that what Dana meant ?

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

I have always liked Diaz bros but officially a fan since 3/5/16.

#13 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 21,992 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:55 AM

I can see Dana opening up the 125lbs division for her.

I think that they should've made 125 instead of 145 but Dern isn't going to rule a division in the UFC anytime soon. Someone like Andrade would own it.

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion
Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion

#14 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 10,727 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

I've been checking out Dern long before Dana, have you seen the rack on this chick??
  • skillandpower likes this

#15 FreeCanPass

FreeCanPass
  • Free
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

Can't

Make

Weight

• cashfl0w likes this

#16 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:35 PM

I hope she gets more disciplined with her weight. She's got big potential if she can just keep improving.

#17 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 6,767 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

Im checking out that hottie from Bellator for a long time now (Anastacia).

• Eclipse76 and cashfl0w like this

"Stop doubting me"

#18 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Free
  • 36,344 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

Im checking out that hottie from Bellator for a long time now (Anastacia).

anastasia-yankova-6-683x1024.jpg

You and everybody else. lol

• Eclipse76, skillandpower and Jolldan like this

LOL.. The UFC is a mess.

#19 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 6,767 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

Damnn

• cashfl0w likes this

"Stop doubting me"

#20 zaksame

zaksame
  • Free
  • 5,672 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

Translated...

We are going to meet with her team to see if we can rip her off into signing a 6 fight deal at 20k a fight.Meanwhile the worst player in the NHL makes 475 k a year..the WORST player.The worst fighters in the UFC make 5-10k a fight LMAO and pray they get called the next time the show comes to their hometown.

• ijosef likes this
Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.

#21 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:54 AM

One of the reasons for a 125 division lol

Translated...

We are going to meet with her team to see if we can rip her off into signing a 6 fight deal at 20k a fight.Meanwhile the worst player in the NHL makes 475 k a year..the WORST player.The worst fighters in the UFC make 5-10k a fight LMAO and pray they get called the next time the show comes to their hometown.

I honestly don't think Dana will sign her until she's made weight two or three fights in a row.

• Eclipse76 likes this

#22 Rastajambo

Rastajambo

Team Bombo Klatt

• Free
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:59 AM

Dana just wants to bone her. That's really about it.

She's got three victories over no-name cans, two of which were decisions. The only highlight was her imanari choke, which she got on the aforementioned scrub who only had that one fight.

She's a weight-missing can. Sure, she has BJJ credentials, but BJJ isn't fighting. After folks figured out the Gracie tricks, it was over for them. How many times have we seen "high level BJJ black belts" show up in the UFC only to get KTFO?

this

Dana invites her to his UFC office (think casting couch) lays the contract on the table for her to sign.  as she goes to pick up the pen Dana white whips out his tadger and leaves it sitting on top of the contract.    you knows what happens next.

abd-75.gif

UFC Fight Night 72

UFC Fight Night 76

UFC Fight Night 84

#23 TheBigD

TheBigD
  • Free
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:43 AM

Ronda is too depressed to smash so Dana needs a new sidehoe.

#24 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

17352056_1274002052689320_30726650761152

Mackenzie too damn fine lol

• Eclipse76 likes this

#25 Banham

Banham
  • Free
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

• Eclipse76, cashfl0w and Rastajambo like this

Almost all my favs are champ.  I like watching winners, not under dogs.  **** underdogs.  

LEADER OF THE ANTI BUTT GRABBING FORCE

#26 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:52 AM

Jessica Eye is hoping Mackenzie is her way back to a 125 division

"I know Dana and all those people are paying close attention to Mackenzie Dern, so I'm hoping that maybe because she can't make '15, and, obviously at '35, it'd be one of those things where '35 is way too big for her," Eye said. "I'm hoping they'll want to make that happen. I would gladly fight Mackenzie. Not because I don't like her but because she's world-class and she's great. That would be a reason to start a 125 division."

#27 Rastajambo

Rastajambo

Team Bombo Klatt

• Free
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:49 AM

i challenge someone to count the amount of times she said "like" in that video. 

biggest mouth in MMA.

abd-75.gif

UFC Fight Night 72

UFC Fight Night 76

UFC Fight Night 84

#28 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Free
  • 36,344 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:55 AM

17352056_1274002052689320_30726650761152

Mackenzie too damn fine lol

The picture quality is **** and it still looks like she's growing out her fur for the winter on her arms.

• Eclipse76 and The.Sheeples.Champ like this

LOL.. The UFC is a mess.

#29 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Free
  • 36,344 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:58 AM

That's amazing. She's turning into a river ape right before our very eyes.

• Eclipse76 and Banham like this

LOL.. The UFC is a mess.

#30 Paulmike304real

Paulmike304real
  • Free
  • 627 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:19 AM

I would smash her ****