• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

26-0 in forum beauty pageants

• Ultimate
  • 39,084 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:46 AM

Did anybody else see the Outside the Lines episode ESPN ran yesterday morning with Cyborg's killer weight cuts to 140 pounds?

Cris-Cyborg-documentary-weight-cut.jpg?r

They showed some footage I'd never seen before. Cyborg's nearly dying. She's crying. She's curled in a ball moaning in agony. On the way to the weigh-ins, she can barely stand on her own. She needs help walking. It's ridiculous.

There's a part in the story where the narrating reporter says they called the UFC to inquire about Cyborg's situation, were offered nothing in response, but... the UFC announced a featherweight title fight within a few days of the phone call. lol

The irony was not lost in the story, which eventually morphed into a discussion about how strange the entire concept of weight cutting is. Frankly, I agree. The idea of one guy that's the same walking weight as another guy cutting 30 pounds of water just so they can be a particular weight for one minute of their adult life is stupid to me. 

How do you guys feel? Did you see the story?

• Banham, skillandpower, Jolldan and 1 other like this
Champion of Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 
UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 24-6-2 (+60)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#2 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:05 AM

Did anybody else see the Outside the Lines episode ESPN ran yesterday morning with Cyborg's killer weight cuts to 140 pounds?

Cris-Cyborg-documentary-weight-cut.jpg?r

They showed some footage I'd never seen before. Cyborg's nearly dying. She's crying. She's curled in a ball moaning in agony. On the way to the weigh-ins, she can barely stand on her own. She needs help walking. It's ridiculous.

There's a part in the story where the narrating reporter says they called the UFC to inquire about Cyborg's situation, were offered nothing in response, but... the UFC announced a featherweight title fight within a few days of the phone call. lol

The irony was not lost in the story, which eventually morphed into a discussion about how strange the entire concept of weight cutting is. Frankly, I agree. The idea of one guy that's the same walking weight as another guy cutting 30 pounds of water just so they can be a particular weight for one minute of their adult life is stupid to me. 

How do you guys feel? Did you see the story?

I remember seeing this story it did look nasty.

Cyborg was killing herself to make 140 so they eventually just bit the bullet and made a 145 division for her. I don't know how much of it is true but Rogan made a good point specifically for her that her having taken male growth hormone at one time will now likely make it harder for her to lose weight in general.

I know that's another argument but is it fair if she's depleted from a weight cut but she has more muscle mass and strength due to her altering her physique through hormones?

But to be honest I really hate weight cutting if you ever needed a shinning example of someone who just doesn't play that game just look at Gunnar Nelson.

The only two things that will help it are......

1. More weight classes I don't know how many they add but they need to add a few 165 for sure too many people missing lightweight.

2. What Schaub & Rogan said. If you don't make weight its a loss. Obviously the new weight classes come first but after they have been introduced and everybody is happy at there new weight class you have to make that happen. Logistically I don't know how that would work if it would have final say would it be a ufc or commission decision. If they can't do that then at least 50% pay cut if you don't make weight.

• cashfl0w likes this

#3 TheBigD

TheBigD
  • Free
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

A 190 lb dude is trying to pretend he's a 145 lb women's FW, of course there's going to be issues.

• MauroPedrosa likes this

#4 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 42,040 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

I didnt see it but I will check it out

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster

#5 CorporalClegg209

CorporalClegg209
  • Free
  • 15,679 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

Dwarfs little Frankie.  She could probably knock him out at least a dozen times in a single fight as well.

13903800464_9ddc097d36.jpg

She's as wide as Fat Seagal.

ee3c7a2863038392f781cbe2f7d91b9e.jpg

• Eclipse76, IRT., Banham and 2 others like this

qUDIQwQ.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before