fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:06 AM

topgear.jpg

'Unmissable': Rory Reid, Matt LeBlanc and Chris Harris

Last night’s Top Gear has been hailed as the ‘best episode in years’ by fans who flocked to Twitter to praise the BBC motoring show.

Matt LeBlanc and Chris Harris entertained with a race across Dubai in a Bugatti Chiron and a Ducati 1299 Superleggera motorcycle, while Rory Reid took on Harris and Sabine Schmitz in a giant game of Pac Man.

Fans were clearly impressed with the new trio with some branding the series “unmissable” while another branded LeBlanc a Top Gear “God”.

One fan tweeted: “OK, so I'm gonna put this out there, as a huge fan of the show I think tonight's #TopGear was possibly the best episode in years........”

Another wrote: “@Matt_LeBlanc we need you on a long term @BBC_TopGear deal, the show is becoming unmissable, last night was a gem #TopGear #MattLeBlanc.”

Others claimed it was better than the series’ with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May at the helm, writing: “#TopGear When you realise the show that sacked you is better than the one you’re doing for a c***** internet service!”

Harris recently opened up about why he thinks the show is growing on viewers. 

Speaking to The Sun he said: “It’s a bit more car-orientated so the petrolheads are enjoying it.

“It’s never going to satisfy the full petrolhead audience but the car is at the centre of the show.”

While the new series of Top Gear is receiving positive reactions from viewers, the series’ debut saw a significant drop in ratings.

The first episode saw just 2.8 million viewers tune in on the initial broadcast – a drop of nearly two million on the 2016 launch.

Edited by fobar, 27 March 2017 - 10:07 AM.

• Eclipse76 and WarWest® like this
 conair.gif?w=780

The Chad went outside, got too much sun and burst into flames, igniting the Canadian forested wilderness which is now causing an Eclipse.

lmao! I had that experience once. Light's out, drunk didn't even notice it. When i went to the bathroom i wondered why my mouth tasted like copper. Started brushing my teeth and noticed when i spat out it was red then it hit me. Walked back into the bedroom turned the lights on and there were red finger prints on the wall, sheets were rekt and she was cleaning herself with a towel. I almost got upset at first for not telling me but i was like oh well zero **** given. 

#2 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 12,777 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

new series im enjoying it more than i did first series of grand tour. Not as good as clarkson top gear but its better than grand tour.

Edd china recently lost his job, i think he would be a great addition to the top gear lineup.

• fobar and WarWest® like this

brZ51I9.jpg

#3 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,737 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

Is it episode 4? 

• fobar, Eclipse76 and WarWest® like this

post-406774-0-12678100-1439418105.gif

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#4 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:43 PM

new series im enjoying it more than i did first series of grand tour. Not as good as clarkson top gear but its better than grand tour.

Edd china recently lost his job, i think he would be a great addition to the top gear lineup.

Ed China decide he didnt like the way Velocity wanted to go with the show with a more american appeal with less mechanics and more stupid stuff, but he has wished the show well they just had a difference in the way the show is to go

he has a few irons in the fire and there are rumours he and the Bearded Wonder from Gas Monkey could be doing something in the very near future ;)

Is it episode 4? 

Yes

• sobercuban and WarWest® like this
 conair.gif?w=780

The Chad went outside, got too much sun and burst into flames, igniting the Canadian forested wilderness which is now causing an Eclipse.

lmao! I had that experience once. Light's out, drunk didn't even notice it. When i went to the bathroom i wondered why my mouth tasted like copper. Started brushing my teeth and noticed when i spat out it was red then it hit me. Walked back into the bedroom turned the lights on and there were red finger prints on the wall, sheets were rekt and she was cleaning herself with a towel. I almost got upset at first for not telling me but i was like oh well zero **** given. 

#5 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

oh and i'm enjoying the show now, refused to watch it with that fooking ginger twat hosting it.

Le Blanc is good, the other 2 guys work well and the chemistry between them is natural

• Eclipse76, sobercuban and WarWest® like this
 conair.gif?w=780

#6 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,737 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

oh and i'm enjoying the show now, refused to watch it with that fooking ginger twat hosting it.

Le Blanc is good, the other 2 guys work well and the chemistry between them is natural

Just downloaded it, I had completely given up on the show as well

• fobar, Eclipse76, WarWest® and 1 other like this

post-406774-0-12678100-1439418105.gif

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#7 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:51 PM

Just downloaded it, I had completely given up on the show as well

they should have just gone with Le Blanc as host and worked out who he works best with.  wasted the last series IMO

Glad he gave them an ultimatum to dump Evans and let him pick the other 2.  its picking up now

• Eclipse76, sobercuban and WarWest® like this
 conair.gif?w=780

#8 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 12,777 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

imo chris harris is the best of new lineup, hes been reviewing cars a long time and he can actually drive. le blanc is alright but not a huge fan and rory isnt very good imo but hes pleasant enough.

crhis evans is just an awful ****, no idea how he even got famous.

• fobar and Bubba_Sparks like this

brZ51I9.jpg

#9 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 24,763 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

Been catching up with the latest series.  So much better than the try hard efforts of last series.  I'm probably enjoying them a bit more than the Grand Tour to be honest.

I would say it goes like this:-

OG Top Gear (well, the one with Clarkson/May/Hammond) >> Current Top Gear > Grand Tour >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Evans Top Gear

• fobar likes this

Winning coach of 2016 Camps League - Team FRANKLIN

Chief of the Rich "Ace" Franklin fan-club

Founder of the welcoming/rehabillitation team

rich-franklin.jpg