Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

James Vick: “I would murder Eddie Alvarez, I don’t think that fight would even be close”

xEddie-Alvarez-James-Vick.jpg.pagespeed.

In the wake of this impressive defeat of Reyes, Vick made a clever callout of Kevin Less and Michael Chiesa, who will fight in the main event of the UFC’s upcoming trip to Oklahoma City. Naturally, Vick would love to fight the winner of this contest, but he also suggested he’d be willing to step into the fight on short notice, should one party get injured.

On the latest episode of BJ Penn Radio, Vick explained the reasoning behind this callout. Apparently, he would have preferred a fight with Eddie Alvarez or Dustin Poirier – two fighters he believes he’d dominate – but believes Chiesa and Lee are more realistic options at this point.

“Well basically, [Chiesa and Lee are] ranked above me,”
he said.
“It’s a realistic fight that I can get, potentially.”

“I could say I could fight Eddie Alvarez or Dustin Poirier – and in my opinion I would beat the **** out of them as well, I think I’m a stylistically horrible matchup for both of those guys,”
he continued.
“I know I’m not going to get that fight, but I would murder Eddie Alvarez, I don’t think that fight would even be close. Even if I didn’t finish him, I would win handily over three rounds. I would beat him easily. But I don’t think I’m going to get that fight, so I have to keep building my wins. It’s about getting your name out there.

“I think that, where they’re seated, with Kevin Lee being number 11 or number 12 [in the rankings], and Chiesa being number seven or eight, that’s a realistic matchup I could get. Oklahoma City is only three hours from where I live here in Texas, so yeah, I’d take that fight in a heartbeat. And I’m healthy, I took no damage. I could turn around and fight in a month, it’d be no problem. “

If Conor can't put him out I doubt some randy ankle grabber can

Conor was toying with him.  He dropped him 8 times.  Maybe KO was too strong of a word but that bum gets dropped in every fight.

• Like 3

Conor was toying with him.  He dropped him 8 times.  Maybe KO was too strong of a word but that bum gets dropped in every fight.

Most of Eddie's fights don't start until he gets dropped. Just look at when Poirier hurt him, Eddie simulated his death like 30 seconds later

• Like 1

Most of Eddie's fights don't start until he gets dropped. Just look at when Poirier hurt him, Eddie simulated his death like 30 seconds later

After Conor dropped Eddie for the first time their fight started... Started to look like we'd see the first death in the octagon if Big John didn't save Edwards life.

• Like 2

In that case he has fought McGregor 4 times and lost them all.

• Like 5

After Conor dropped Eddie for the first time their fight started... Started to look like we'd see the first death in the octagon if Big John didn't save Edwards life.

Do you think the Nate losses have slowed Conor down? I find it weird he could put out Aldo but not Eddie

Do you think the Nate loss slowed Conor down? I find it weird he could put out Aldo but not Eddie

No. Aldo ran face first into Conors fist. Eddie was at least backing up every time Conor connected.

No. Aldo ran face first into Conors fist. Eddie was at least backing up every time Conor connected.

Pretty sure Eddie was attempting takedowns which means he was moving forward with his arms were down. If Conor loses to Mayweather in an all-hands fight which is supposed to be his forte we might be seeing his decline

Edited by Yesterdays_Hero

Pretty sure Eddie was attempting takedowns which means he was moving forward with his arms were down. If Conor loses to Mayweather in an all-hands fight which is supposed to be his forte we might be seeing his decline

You aren't getting punched in the head when you are sniffing someone's crotch

Conor won't lose to Floyd, he's soft

You aren't getting punched in the head when you are sniffing someone's crotch

Conor won't lose to Floyd, he's soft

I don't know, Nate is only the second best boxer in MMA and he still had Conor latching onto those ankles after 8 minutes. Floyd's got 36 minutes and no takedowns to defend. This could be Floyd vs Big Show levels of ugly

• Like 2

I don't know, Nate is only the second best boxer in MMA and he still had Conor latching onto those ankles after 8 minutes. Floyd's got 36 minutes and no takedowns to defend. This could be Floyd vs Big Show levels of ugly

Conor had staph that fight. He was on antibiotics which drain your gas tank. It's very clear that's the ONLY reason Conor lost to Nate once. In the second fight he KOed him 9 times and won an easy dec

Agree. Book Poirier vs Vick instead.

I like that Vick seems to have his head screwed on he asked for the fight but realises he probably won't get it.

The loser of the rematch would still be a great fight for him.

Conor had staph that fight. He was on antibiotics which drain your gas tank. It's very clear that's the ONLY reason Conor lost to Nate once. In the second fight he KOed him 9 times and won an easy dec

did he have staph for the Duffy fight too?

• Like 1

Comber didn't have to spam leg kicks or dive at Canvarez's ankles. He's a confirmed scrandy.

• Like 1

This random better keep MTP's name out of his **** mouth.

Took me a second to realise who MTP was. .

OSP

MVP And now MTP

Can we use TBB too?

OSP

MVP And now MTP

Can we use TBB too?

I don't know who these other randoms are, but MTP is the only legitimate abbreviation in MMA.

OSP

MVP And now MTP

Can we use TBB too?

I created MVP around here and now cash is trying to bite off my swag with his MTP garbage. It's not a good acronym, it doesn't flow like the others do and will never be a thing.

I created MVP around here and now cash is trying to bite off my swag with his MTP garbage. It's not a good acronym, it doesn't flow like the others do and will never be a thing.

This is why you shouldn't eat paint chips to kill time.

Michael Page was calling himself MVP long before he even got into MMA, you absolute random. MTP was using the acronym MTP, and since I've noticed how much you're bothered by it, it's not going anywhere.

Edited by cashfl0w

Lol I've been saying this for ages. That guys name is Kevin. Thats all he should be known as.

Lol I've been saying this for ages. That guys name is Kevin. Thats all he should be known as.

It's better than The Peeper or whatever dipchit nickname the dummy in your AV uses.