• Please log in to reply
712 replies to this topic

#51 King_CAN

King_CAN

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 25,055 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

stylistically speaking the fighter with the best TDD and heavy hands will give GSP his toughest test every time

Woodley and Lawler are both tough match ups for GSP but I would take a prime GSP every time however he's been on the shelf so idk.

If Maia somehow manages to pull off a miracle and beats Woodley you might as well just hand GSP the belt.

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#52 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

I think that GSP would retire afterwards.

i kind of agree with that.  he's already came, he saw, and he conquered. i dont think he's got much left to prove, at least not at welterweight,  but i guess he just wants to compete. every legend wants to come back and fight. i guess there is something about fighting where people start to miss punching people in the face and they dont want to be away from it. .

hell the last i heard even chuck liddell wants to return. maybe thats just crazy talk,  but bellator is growing by the month making epic fights between people way past their prime, and theres no shortage of fighters in that department either

though i kind of hope that he sticks around for a few more wins just to trigger all the haters.  i still think a match with bisping would be the only thing left that makes sense.   I dont think that lawler could hang with him but apparently thats a fight that some would like to see as well

Edited by -idyb-, 04 June 2017 - 06:39 PM.

#53 xFINISHxHIMx

xFINISHxHIMx

UNDISPUTED EA UFC 2 FORUM CHAMPION

• Free
  • 37,726 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:45 PM

Like GSP has the testicals to fight Ruthless. ****, PLS.
  • Douglass likes this

I'm not the best… I just believe that I can do things that people think are impossible.

And at least I am no former Junkie that is all that matters.

#54 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:19 PM

Like GSP has the testicals to fight Ruthless. ****, PLS.

you sound like the typical butthurt gsp hater

so which one of your favorite fighters was it that gsp beat? and how many of them?

Edited by -idyb-, 04 June 2017 - 08:20 PM.

• OzPride and King_CAN like this

#55 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 52,715 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

GSP would take him down as many times as he wanted and win a UD
  • UFCCagerattler, *Haze* and -idyb- like this

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster

#56 RazorRam0n

RazorRam0n
  • Free
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

tumblr_m74u2hqTKt1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

• Douglass and -idyb- like this

C0_x_H5t_Us_AAUx_KQ_1.gif

#57 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 25,762 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:34 PM

Lol, the poll was meant to be who would win if gsp fought Lawler. What is this nonsense??

Edited by Bubba_Sparks, 04 June 2017 - 11:34 PM.

• OzPride and *Haze* like this

Winning coach of 2016 Camps League - Team FRANKLIN

Chief of the Rich "Ace" Franklin fan-club

Founder of the welcoming/rehabillitation team

rich-franklin.jpg

#58 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:11 AM

we all know gsp would win. so i feel like that is irrlevant.   and i had a couple in me when i read that

• freddievanhalen3 likes this

#59 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,044 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:06 AM

Didnt vote.

I would like to see him fighting Woodley and get bodied

• Druncle_Polo likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#60 Doobster

Doobster

Motherf*cker Jones

• Free
  • 2,260 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

I refuse to vote, because there isn't an option I would choose.

"It's either blue cheese with wings or go **** your mother." -- MadFlavor

#61 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 52,715 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

we all know gsp would win. so i feel like that is irrlevant. and i had a couple in me when i read that

Thats the troof

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#62 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 38,591 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:26 PM

I think that GSP would retire afterwards.

so does he

he said one loss and he's out

• freddievanhalen3 likes this

#63 BigDaddyDelta

BigDaddyDelta

VP of the Clit

• Free
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:55 PM

I hope GSP drops dead

qUDIQwQ.gif

#64 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 52,715 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

I hope GSP drops dead

Thats not very nice
  • -idyb- likes this

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#65 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:47 AM

so does he

he said one loss and he's out

well, its already been over a decade since he's lost a fight so who knows when that'll ever happen?

#66 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

13362077.jpg

UFC Aftermath: Georges St-Pierre needs a new dance partner

http://theprovince.c...w-dance-partner

With Michael Bisping seemingly set to face Robert Whittaker in a title unification bout later this year, who will Georges St-Pierre face in his return?

Despite holding a press conference to announce the contest and both parties still holding a great deal of interest in making the fight come to fruition, it appears as if the UFC has indeed moved on from the plan to have Georges St-Pierre return from his extended hiatus and challenge Michael Bisping for the middleweight title.

Over the weekend, Robert Whittaker rallied to defeat Yoel Romero and claim the interim middleweight title at UFC 213. Following the contest, colour commentator Joe Rogan proclaimed the 26-year-old Australian was now next in line to challenge Bisping, who entered the cage, congratulated Whittaker on his gutsy effort and then cut a classic heel promo as a means of igniting the interest in their impending showdown.

After clearing out of the Octagon, Whittaker joined Bisping and the rest of the FS1 analyst team at their broadcast position to further discuss his performance and potential future clash with Bisping, where “The Count” urged his young counterpart to quit being so nice and give him something to work with in order to hype their fight.

While it’s entirely possible the UFC still decides to move forward with a bout between Bisping and St-Pierre because it would likely generate more money at the box office and on pay-per-view, rolling out an interim title and the current state of the division makes it unlikely. There is no reason to have Whittaker defend the belt he won on Saturday night in Las Vegas and even if that were something the company was considering, the delay in getting Bisping into the cage for his second title defense has resulted in the once robust crop of middleweight contenders being whittled down to nothing.

Whittaker has turned back Romero and Jacare Souza already this year, Luke Rockhold still hasn’t fought since losing the belt to Bisping 13 months ago and former champ Chris Weidman is on a three-fight losing streak heading into his main event matchup with Kelvin Gastelum next week on FOX. Gegard Mousasi would have been a solid choice, but the melancholy contender inked a six-fight deal with Bellator MMA earlier this week, so that ship has now sailed as well.

Pairing Bisping and Whittaker together next is undeniably the correct fight to make at this time – it unifies the titles and establishes a true, undisputed champion going forward while also creating a one-year window to re-establish contenders and bring order to the messy middleweight rankings.

But what does that mean for St-Pierre?

Less than a week ago, the French-Canadian superstar issued a formal challenge to Bisping, setting the UFC’s still-unofficial return to Madison Square Garden in early November as his preferred fight date, so he’s clearly holding out hope that the bout comes together.

While all signs point to the UFC having moved on from the matchup, no one should be surprised if the promotion did another about-face and pivoted back to the original plans, despite all of last week’s public declarations to the contrary.

But let’s just say the UFC holds firm and moves forward with a Bisping-Whittaker title unification bout, as it should – where does St-Pierre turn his attention?

The obvious choice is a welterweight championship fight with the winner of this month’s title bout between Tyron Woodley and Demian Maia, since St-Pierre never lost the belt and pitting the greatest fighter in the history of the division against the current champion is easy to sell. Additionally, welterweight is kind of thin on contenders at the moment, so pairing the Woodley-Maia winner with St-Pierre would create the same opportunity in the 170-pound ranks as matching Bisping and Whittaker will have at middleweight.

While it hasn’t been discussed as much in the last few months, this still feels like a really opportune time to have St-Pierre and Anderson Silva fight one another. Although it would no longer determine the best fighter in the sport today and probably doesn’t carry the same “greatest of all-time” appeal as it would have five years ago, when both were lording over their respective divisions, St-Pierre appears keen on competing at middleweight, Silva is coming off an uninspiring victory and largely seems interested in matchups that interest him, as opposed to fighting the best in the division and climbing the rankings once again.

Down at the “unlikely, but can you really rule it out?” end of the spectrum is a pairing with Conor McGregor. Though the reigning lightweight champion is currently in the midst of a press tour for his boxing debut opposite Floyd Mayweather Jr. and has no reason to return to the Octagon after cashing that heavyweight pay check, but perhaps another headlining turn at MSG against an all-time great with a cut of the pay-per-view profits getting wired to his bank account might be enough to entice “Mystic Mac” to make one more trip into the UFC cage.

And if you’re looking for another wild card option, there is the ever-so-slight possibility that all the delays and changes and drama and nonsense over the last nine months makes him rethink his decision to return, especially if the Bisping fight has, in fact, fallen through. That bout and a massive pay day opposite McGregor have been the two matchups Team GSP have talked about since talks of his return really heated up last November and if neither option is available, would it really be crazy for St-Pierre to say “forget it” and walk away?

St-Pierre’s return had a lot of steam last winter when he volunteered to face Bisping at UFC 206 in Toronto and carried some interest over into the New Year, but it started to lose momentum when the Bisping fight was made and got stale in a hurry when the matchup was delayed until the fall.

Now with “The Count” seemingly destined to face Whittaker in a title unification bout, the former welterweight champ is without a dance partner and excitement for his return is in short supply.

Can the right matchup reignite interest in his comeback or has the moment passed?

• freddievanhalen3 and Bezerker101 like this

#67 BigDaddyDelta

BigDaddyDelta

VP of the Clit

• Free
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:06 AM

Why don't you and him do some stacking
  • the_enigma, sobercuban, BEG and 3 others like this

qUDIQwQ.gif

#68 OzPride

OzPride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 23,904 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:37 AM

Rob will get a rest, those two fegs will fight and he'll KTFO whichever one wins in Feb/march in Australia. Easy

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#69 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Still a ShowGOAT fan. Suck it.

• Ultimate
  • 49,511 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:25 AM

No chance I'm reading all that. But he'll still fight Bisping.

Mike isn't going to start accepting tough fights just because there's an interim belt out there.
  • King_CAN, TheSinisterUrge and JSW like this
Champion of Survivor Series IX, Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 
UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 24-7-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#70 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:46 AM

Why don't you and him do some stacking

sure, if you want to get in on it with us.

you can take the front seat bro.

Edited by -idyb-, 13 July 2017 - 02:47 AM.

• TheSinisterUrge likes this

#71 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 14,540 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:18 AM

Bisping was a good choice of opponents for Georges after 4yr retirement,

... after the Count loses his next, St Pierre should just wait until Bisping is

ready to fight again, probably 12/18 months -

#72 xFINISHxHIMx

xFINISHxHIMx

• Free
  • 37,726 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:27 AM

FOOK GSP!!!

I'm not the best… I just believe that I can do things that people think are impossible.

#73 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 52,715 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:36 AM

Hell yes idyb get it!

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#74 JSW

JSW
  • Free
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:03 AM

So with Rob out this fight happens in my opinion. You think Whittaker cares who he fights when he's back? He just wants that strap and either is big money for him, GSP more so.

#75 JSW

JSW
  • Free
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:03 AM

FOOK GSP!!!

This could also happen
  • xFINISHxHIMx likes this

#76 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 19,359 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

Whittakers knee is messed up

Bisping will still fight GSP

• Bezerker101, skillandpower, JSW and 1 other like this

#77 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 19,359 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:05 AM

they got the Maia vs Woodley fight moving fast because they are probably the backup for Bisping

need someone in time for UFC 217 at MSG

#78 xFINISHxHIMx

xFINISHxHIMx

• Free
  • 37,726 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:08 AM

This could also happen

This will happen if he fights any champ but Bisping lol

#79 OzPride

OzPride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 23,904 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:23 PM

Whittaker has a 6 month medical suspension pending MRI results. So we won't see him til Feb.

Plenty of time for GSP to smother Spits and ruin his legacy in NY then Rob to come back and take his head off in Oz.

https://www.google.c...jury-124673/amp
  • Bezerker101 and -idyb- like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#80 agtx

agtx
  • Free
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

I sense that Dana was super pissed at gsp for effectively pulling out of that fight, they had a huge conference & everything, I bet Dana won't settle for less than a legally binding contract signed by gsp, locking him in before making a fight for him & announcing it. Gsp will never be ready.

VoKJm_s-200x150.gif

#81 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:39 PM

GSP vs. Anderson would sell.

Just saying.
  • Bezerker101 and -idyb- like this
34pz2qh.jpg

#82 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 19,359 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:48 PM

GSP vs. Anderson would sell.

Just saying.

in 2010

#83 BigDaddyDelta

BigDaddyDelta

VP of the Clit

• Free
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

GSP ducked the guy he came out of retirement for lmao
  • the_enigma and Druncle_Polo like this

qUDIQwQ.gif

#84 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 52,715 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

I wouldnt mind seeing him beat Woodley
  • -idyb- likes this

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#85 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 38,591 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:51 AM

GSP is in the position of not having to do anything.

Just keep training and wait for the right opponent.

KNuckles in Sydney for the the strap/Maia in Montreal?

• -idyb- likes this

#86 Druncle_Polo

Druncle_Polo

8/8

• Free
  • 27,016 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:21 AM

I wouldnt mind seeing him beat Woodley

Woodley would smash Grease.

Look what happened to Grease last time he fought somebody he couldn't wrestle.

Edited by Druncle_Polo, 14 July 2017 - 06:22 AM.

• juice64011 likes this

410686994.jpg

#87 Taylor_Schonerstedt

Taylor_Schonerstedt
  • Free
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:07 AM

Why does anyone still care about GSP?

#88 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

Woodley would smash Grease.

Look what happened to Grease last time he fought somebody he couldn't wrestle.

what time was that?  just because he chose to stand and feed jab sandwiches to shields and diaz for 5 rounds for an easy win doesnt mean that he couldnt wrestle them if he so well desired to.

gsp has had his way with everybody. he does what he wants to do, and he leaves with the belt.

Edited by -idyb-, 14 July 2017 - 08:21 AM.

#89 Druncle_Polo

Druncle_Polo

8/8

• Free
  • 27,016 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:41 AM

what time was that?  just because he chose to stand and feed jab sandwiches to shields and diaz for 5 rounds for an easy win doesnt mean that he couldnt wrestle them if he so well desired to.

gsp has had his way with everybody. he does what he wants to do, and he leaves with the belt.

gsp-face.jpg

• AndyWang likes this

410686994.jpg

#90 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 19,359 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

GSP before every fight

"This is by far the toughest test of my career. He is by far the best fighter right now to test my skills against. I am afraid of no one but aliens. Fighting is like the stock market, you can be high and you can be down. You just never know."

GSP after fight

"My god he hit like a truck. I bruise very easily though that is why my face is like this. He mangled my brain and I now take some time off now to get my mind right. Fighting is not for everybody, it is very stressful. "

• Druncle_Polo likes this

#91 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

gsp-face.jpg

he outwrestled hendricks and walked away with the belt bro

just like every other striker he has faced in his career

Edited by -idyb-, 14 July 2017 - 03:41 PM.

#92 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,044 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:47 PM

Mark my words on this:

If Maia beats Woodley (I dont think he will) GSP is gonna fight Maia.

Otherwise, Dana will F with Whittaker and make Bisping vs GSP 

• -idyb- likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#93 bluesy

bluesy
  • Free
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:59 PM

He should try to reclaim the WW title and have Conor challenge him for it. It's the biggest fight the UFC can realistically do.

• skillandpower and -idyb- like this

#94 the_vagenius

the_vagenius
  • Free
  • 785 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:16 PM

Maia subs woodley, that sets up the highly anticipated battle of the blankets match for the linen belt between maia and gsp, whoever can lay,press, and fold the other blanket faster wins the linen belt.
Zzzzz a snoozefest where somehow gsp face still ends up looking like he fell off a cliff. Gsp wins via gsp, calls out conor and nate diaz for money fights.
  • -idyb- likes this

#95 BarbaricBob

BarbaricBob
  • Free
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:11 AM

what time was that? just because he chose to stand and feed jab sandwiches to shields and diaz for 5 rounds for an easy win doesnt mean that he couldnt wrestle them if he so well desired to.

gsp-face.jpg

Not a big GSP fan. But I found it funny that your rebuttal for him walking away with the belt is a picture of him with the belt.
  • -idyb- likes this

#96 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Still a ShowGOAT fan. Suck it.

• Ultimate
  • 49,511 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:24 AM

Maia subs woodley, that sets up the highly anticipated battle of the blankets match for the linen belt between maia and gsp, whoever can lay,press, and fold the other blanket faster wins the linen belt.
Zzzzz a snoozefest where somehow gsp face still ends up looking like he fell off a cliff. Gsp wins via gsp, calls out conor and nate diaz for money fights.

This is the only reason I would be okay with Maia winning. Because it would result in the UFC's games totally backfiring on them. Zero casual fans are interested in Maia vs. GSP for the Human Blanket Championship of the World.
  • Omoplataypus likes this
Champion of Survivor Series IX, Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 
UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 24-7-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#97 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 38,591 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

He should try to reclaim the WW title and have Conor challenge him for it. It's the biggest fight the UFC can realistically do.

At some point Macgrabber should defend a title. If he has one.

• skillandpower likes this

#98 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:09 PM

This is the only reason I would be okay with Maia winning. Because it would result in the UFC's games totally backfiring on them. Zero casual fans are interested in Maia vs. GSP for the Human Blanket Championship of the World.

i would still watch the gsp maia fight just to see how many jab sandwiches maia could eat before he finally has enough and quits on the stool

Edited by -idyb-, 17 July 2017 - 12:10 PM.

#99 Omoplataypus

Omoplataypus

Still Kelvins #1 fan, he'll be back

• Free
  • 15,833 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

Let KELGOAT rekt him
!!! WAR KELGOAT The uncrowned WW champ
Check out my Youtube channel here-
https://www.youtube....downey73/videos

Bubba drink the fluoride !

#100 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,044 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

I think this is Dana's dream scenario!

However, Woodley is there to ruin it because he will go through Maia and there is no way GSP wants anything to do with Woodley.

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"