Soup can we at least agree on this?
If you haven't been in at least 30 real fist fights and whipped @ss over 99% of the time you're not qualified to h8 on real fighters.
I have been in at least that many street fights, but 99% is impossible. Here's a list of things that put asterisks on my street record:
-Multiple opponents ( this happens a lot.)
-Pipe ( it broke my nose. Multiple opponents.)
-Knife ( i've had two of these. Funny coincidence, both of these didn't cause a loss so much as a delay in me engaging. Both times cops came. Incredibly, there were no arrests in either case.)
-Sharpened broomstick (two opponents. This was junior high. I actually did well. I later had rematches with both, and beat the crap out of both of them. Black eyes, bloody noses and everything.)
- 48 inch bolt cutters, (2 opponents. This is an incredible story that I should write a thread about someday.)
- Gun. I shoved a guy, he broke out a gun, I said something tough like I was some Billy badass and walked away, he shot the gun either at me or in the air and then I ran like a chicken****.
- bottle, probably beer. Hit me from behind as I was walking away, I immediately turned around and just grabbed him, I didn't have my wits about me. Security came and dragged me out. I was a bloody mess. 12 staples in my head.
- brass knuckles. (Two opponents. I actually beat the crap out of the first guy, then someone pulled up in a car and got in my face. I was only 17 he was in his 20s. I got distracted by someone else and was looking away and he popped me in the jaw. Immediately knocked me senseless, though I stayed on my feet. As told to me, he hit me two more times, never dropping me, but almost. I had to have my jaw wired shut for three weeks.
- Every interaction with the police, because I don't fight back.
Holy crap! I had never assembled this list before and it's a lot more than I thought. Lots of losses, too. I swear to God, I've never lost a fistfight one-on-one. But you can never count on things going down that way.