Sign in to follow this  
cashfl0w

Games anyone?

Survivor Series
Prediction Tournament
Gambler's League

What the hell happened to all the games?

If you used to run one of those, and you no longer want to do it, let us know in here. Someone may be willing to take it over.

• Like 4

Survivor Series

Prediction Tournament

Gambler's League

What the hell happened to all the games?

If you used to run one of those, and you no longer want to do it, let us know in here. Someone may be willing to take it over.

Survivor series IX sign-ups will be opened this week!!!

• Like 4

Can never have enough competitions going, lets get them all up and running again.

I'll run one of the simpler ones if nobody else wants to do it.

• Like 2

The best game going right now..

forums.ufcfightclub.com/topic/193099-ozprides-race-to-101/page-1

All are welcome to sign up and play.

Some may be trolled to death FYI info

• Like 1

I would say that some of you (not saying ANY names) take this chit so serious as your life or self esteem would depend on it, that people are fed up with hosting them. You even broke Deco, a really nice guy.

• Like 1

I would say that some of you (not saying ANY names) take this chit so serious as your life or self esteem would depend on it, that people are fed up with hosting them. You even broke Deco, a really nice guy.

Don't name yourself mate. You seemed to have recovered so well!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure he's not "broken". I think he's just tired of running it.

• Like 1

Nice. You still acting like animals broken or tired it doesn't matter.

This doesn't make sense, but I'll attempt a response. 

You can be tired of doing the work it takes to run a tournament without being tired of the banter. You're projecting. Nothing more.

• Like 1

I stopped doing the gamblers league because it essentially got down to people taking the buy-back every event, and betting it all on increasingly ludicrous bets that they naturally lost.

I get why they were doing it, because at some point, the further behind you get that was the only hope of winning, but still.

If nobody else is doing it, I might finally get back into doing the Tournament. I have to sit in on a sales training class today, and I'm really only here to fill a minimum quota for people in the class, so maybe I'll work on a new spreadsheet.

• Like 5

I stopped doing the gamblers league because it essentially got down to people taking the buy-back every event, and betting it all on increasingly ludicrous bets that they naturally lost.

I get why they were doing it, because at some point, the further behind you get that was the only hope of winning, but still.

If nobody else is doing it, I might finally get back into doing the Tournament. I have to sit in on a sales training class today, and I'm really only here to fill a minimum quota for people in the class, so maybe I'll work on a new spreadsheet.

THIS. IS. HUGE!!!

• Like 3

200.gif

• Like 2

THIS. IS. HUGE!!!

200.gif

Patster was always trying to get me to do it, so now that he's gone, I guess it's time.

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure he's not "broken". I think he's just tired of running it.

Was thinking about firing up another one. My issue is with my job I'm super busy in the summer and I like to dedicate some time and effort to these tournaments so was worried about the timing. Should be fine though.

If we got Survivor Series and Gamblers league going, that would be sick. After SS I'll set up a single elimination bracket prediction tourney. Sound good?

Edit: haha and no, not broken or tired of it, last few went well. Just wasn't sure if the demand was there.

Edited by Decompoze
  • Like 5

Set your priorities right Deco it's forum FIRST then everything else. SMH.

Not everybody has as little of a life as I do.

• Like 4

ok, I managed to put together a new spreadsheet for the tournament that will greatly reduce the work required to keep track of it, so if people want another tournament, I'll do it.

Host gamblers league instead we already have a host for the prediction tourney.

ok, I managed to put together a new spreadsheet for the tournament that will greatly reduce the work required to keep track of it, so if people want another tournament, I'll do it.

Bing.

Do it. Decompoze had asked if anybody else wanted to do it, and he sounds busy. Make it happen.

• Like 1

Bing.

Do it. Decompoze had asked if anybody else wanted to do it, and he sounds busy. Make it happen.

I haven't really paid attention to any of the tournaments since I last ran it.

Have there been any significant rule changes?

• Like 1

I haven't really paid attention to any of the tournaments since I last ran it.

Have there been any significant rule changes?

Nothing too major, a few clarifications on a few of the rules if I remember. I can send you the links in a bit if you want.

If you do the tourney, reserve me a slot.

• Like 3

I'll put up a thread shortly.

First event would be the Singapore show on the 17th since it's a little late to get everything done for this weekend's show.

• Like 3

I retired cause I suck more now than before, cannot even recognize the names in some main cards anymore. However if you need one to fill the tourney just PM me and I'll probably play :)

Damn FH this just sounds salty.

If anyone would like a practice run in how to get beat down on the card this weekend let me know and I'll post the link in the MMA thread.

Actually I'm putting it up now. You want in just reply to it. I'm taking first pick and it will be Volkanovski.

Can someone enlighten me as to how the prediction tourney works. Is it just picking fights or is there more to it.

For the tournaments you get matched up against someone else in each round. You take turns picking fights until every fight on a card is done.

Another prediction tourney would be the best

The guru shines in those

Did I piece you up or diggle you?  It was such a blur of **** whoppin' 

Can someone enlighten me as to how the prediction tourney works. Is it just picking fights or is there more to it.

How to Play: Participants in a match up take turns choosing a fight, and picking the fighter they think will win. Their opponent gets the other fighter in that fight by default. When one of your fighters wins, you get a point. The user with the most points at the end of the card wins.

Tiebreaker: The opponent with second pick chooses one fight to be a tiebreaker bout. This bout does NOT have to be a bout the poster personally selected. If a match results in a tie and no tiebreaker has been selected, the poster who was responsible for picking the tiebreaker loses.

If you want to see examples of people picking cards, just look in the MMA section. It's full of threads.

• Like 1