Sign in to follow this  
Mcmax3000

UFC Prediction Tournament XXI - Winner: LayDownDead

I decided to put my name on for the sake of having more people. If we manage to get enough without me, I'll drop out.

I don't know who was part of the last tournament of champions, so I don't know if crangs got his first pick advantage from tournament 20, so I'm giving both crangs, and cashfl0w (because he won the tournament of champions) first pick advantage for this one.

If they end up facing each other, the remaining criteria will determine who gets first pick.

• Like 2

I don't know who was part of the last tournament of champions, so I don't know if crangs got his first pick advantage from tournament 20, so I'm giving both crangs, and cashfl0w (because he won the tournament of champions) first pick advantage for this one.

If they end up facing each other, the remaining criteria will determine who gets first pick.

I didn't use the first pick goes to former champion rule in the past 3 tournies. Now that it's brought back, what you are proposing is fair imo that cash and crangs both get it.

There was a lot of discussion on first pick and how it is not always an advantage so at one point we moved to one individual being awarded choice of either first pick or tie breaker. But that was a reward for performance in the current tourney only.

• Like 1

There was a lot of discussion on first pick and how it is not always an advantage so at one point we moved to one individual being awarded choice of either first pick or tie breaker.

I actually like that rule.

• Like 1

I actually like that rule.

It worked well as a little bonus incentive for good performance. But in reality taking the tie breaker voluntarily was a gamble because a can fighter usually pulled out late or missed weight and gave the card an odd number of fights haha. 

Maybe under the new judging more draws will come through but I haven't been noticing too many so far.

What about if you alternate first picks? And if both players had first pick last event then it goes off performance.

Seems pretty fair that way. For the first event just do it off who signed up first.

9 to go should we just skip the ranbob singapore card to get 32? In case we dont make it in time?

I'll be giving it almost a week between when I made this post, and when I'm cutting off sign ups. If we don't get 32 in that time, I don't think we're going to get 32, and if anything, we may lose people that forget they signed up.

i want black beast

Not sure how he's going to help you on next week's card, but I'm sure whoever you get matched up with in the first round will be fine with letting you have that pick.

• Like 3

Here's a list of guys who were registered in some of the previous ones I ran if you want to reach out. Obviously not all are actively posting.

-MauroPedrosa

-NPW

-Greasyrasta

-KingNothing

-carnages41

-Identity

-AxeMurduh

-Nyte

-juice

-Manhoef

• Like 2

Here's a list of guys who were registered in some of the previous ones I ran if you want to reach out. Obviously not all are actively posting.

-MauroPedrosa

-NPW

-Greasyrasta

-KingNothing

-carnages41

-Identity

-AxeMurduh

-Nyte

-juice

-Manhoef

Juice should be banned. His participation is a virtual guarantee of 2 fights being scrapped at the last minute and 3 changes of opponents.

• Like 4

Juice should be banned. His participation is a virtual guarantee of 2 fights being scrapped at the last minute and 3 changes of opponents.

lol troof

However I remember Ian McCall pulled out on him at weigh ins and caused him to lose a match and juice said no more than two words about it while other posters would have melted down on a 2 page rant about the rules. 

Edited by Decompoze
  • Like 3

Yeah but Ian McCall pulled out on him at weigh ins and caused him to lose a match and juice said no more than two words about it while other posters would have melted down on a 2 page rant about the rules.

That was prediction karma.

I'm only messing. Juice is a staple of prediction tournaments. He should definitely be in.

• Like 1

I'm only messing. Juice is a staple of prediction tournaments. He should definitely be in.

Amen brotha. Do you have a theme for the next SS brewing btw?

Amen brotha. Do you have a theme for the next SS brewing btw?

I think I'm only going to theme the landmark ones. So ss IX will have no theme, but ss X will.

• Like 1

He's certainly welcome to play if he wants to.

-MauroPedrosa

-NPW

-Greasyrasta

-KingNothing

-carnages41

-Identity

-AxeMurduh

-Nyte

-juice

-Manhoef

screw that guy...

• Like 1

As of right now, there would be six people getting a bye in the first round, and we have six former tournament champions signed up, so they will be the ones getting a bye if we don't have anyone else sign up in the next 24 or so hours.

If anybody gets a bye, then first pick/tie breaker will not factor in the first round performance since that would leave the people who get a bye at a disadvantage (I'll count performance in second round matches where both people did not get a bye in the first round).

Perfect.

Hit me with a bye. I deserve it.

Since you're the only two time tournament champion playing, the only way you're not getting a bye is if we get 32 players (or if juice signs up, he'd go above you on the list because he's a three time champion).

• Like 1

As of right now, there would be six people getting a bye in the first round, and we have six former tournament champions signed up, so they will be the ones getting a bye if we don't have anyone else sign up in the next 24 or so hours.

If anybody gets a bye, then first pick/tie breaker will not factor in the first round performance since that would leave the people who get a bye at a disadvantage (I'll count performance in second round matches where both people did not get a bye in the first round).

Who is the sixth person. I count cash, FH, Bubba, Oz, crangs. 

Once again the game is rigged

You should try winning one, m8. it's gr8

• Like 3

Nice, give the better players a bye so they have an even bigger advantage of winning

Mcmod isn't the brightest one out there

The better players have earned a bye...

By being better players.

You don't give a bye to lower seeds. That's not how tournaments work.

Just like how in a full 32 player tournament, the number one seed faces number 32. They top seed has earned the easiest match up.

The better players have earned a bye...

By being better players.

You don't give a bye to lower seeds. That's not how tournaments work.

Just like how in a full 32 player tournament, the number one seed faces number 32. They top seed has earned the easiest match up.

Maybe start fresh and give every new player an equal chance at winning instead of giving the stronger players another advantage

Maybe start fresh and give every new player an equal chance at winning instead of giving the stronger players another advantage

and who would get the bye in your ideal scenario when not enough players sign up for a straight 32 person bracket?  I'm genuinely interested in this