Sign in to follow this  
Mcmax3000

UFC Prediction Tournament XXI - Winner: LayDownDead

Maybe start fresh and give every new player an equal chance at winning instead of giving the stronger players another advantage

Ideally, we'll get 32 players, and that's exactly what will happen, but if we don't, we either have to give a few people byes, or tell 10 people that they can't play, and of those two options, I prefer the former.

• Like 3

and who would get the bye in your ideal scenario when not enough players sign up for a straight 32 person bracket?  I'm genuinely interested in this

The first people to sign up or randomly generated.

• Like 2

Ideally, we'll get 32 players, and that's exactly what will happen, but if we don't, we either have to give a few people byes, or tell 10 people that they can't play, and of those two options, I prefer the former.

Or you can give the byes out randomly, or to the first 6 people that signed up

It makes it a more even playing field

• Like 1

Or you can give the byes out randomly, or to the first 6 people that signed up

It makes it a more even playing field

lol, no.  This is a gobal forum.  Anyone not online when the thread is started is already at a disadvantage.  

Before i get accused of bias, If we get someone else sign up I'm quite happy to give up the bye to throw hands in round one

• Like 1

Who is the sixth person. I count cash, FH, Bubba, Oz, crangs.

Frankly though, any wins before the mcmod Era don't really count - they were like ufc 1 & 2. You had people making fight predictions wearing one boxing glove.

• Like 4

Frankly though, any wins before the mcmod Era don't really count - they were like ufc 1 & 2. You had people making fight predictions wearing one boxing glove.

True, I even made it to two finals, and everyone knows I am a one trick pony :P

• Like 2

lol multiple groin punches allowed. I'd rent that **** at my local video store.

I have a bracket generated right now under the assumption that nobody else is going to sign up between now, and tomorrow. We'll see if it holds up, or if I have to make a new one.

• Like 1

I have a bracket generated right now under the assumption that nobody else is going to sign up between now, and tomorrow. We'll see if it holds up, or if I have to make a new one.

You tease!

I will sell my bye to the highest bidder.

I'm also happy to give it up. Just let me bang, bro.

We'll have to organise an exhibition match on the bye week

• Like 2

We'll have to organise an exhibition match on the bye week

Assuming nobody else signs up, and we have an even number of byes, maybe I'll match up the people who get byes for exhibition matches so that everybody at least gets to play in week one.

• Like 1

Assuming nobody else signs up, and we have an even number of byes, maybe I'll match up the people who get byes for exhibition matches so that everybody at least gets to play in week one.

Sounds good

Could factor their points in for future first pick determination

Edited by Decompoze
  • Like 1

Or even the second ever antipodean triple threat match with Oz.

lol, forgot that even existed

• Like 1

I understand you need byes, so give them out randomly so new players stand a better chance at winning instead of previous champs who are better at the game as is getting a free win

Stop crying. Win a match, you bum.

It doesn't really matter either way, just starting what's fair and not fair for new players like myself who haven't competed in many of these

It doesn't really matter either way, just starting what's fair and not fair for new players like myself who haven't competed in many of these

lel,you were in the last regular tournament
  • Like 2

lel,you were in the last regular tournament

That was only my second one

No clue why it's bad that the byes are given out randomly instead of to the best players

Any reasonable person would agree

Prove me wrong... I don't think you can

I still have my stats spreadsheet from when I ran the tournaments before. You have stats for all three of the tournaments I was tracking in that.

• Like 1

I still have my stats spreadsheet from when I ran the tournaments before. You have stats for all three of the tournaments I was tracking in that.

Lol.

Cole, you also took part in the last tournament I ran, which was 4 or 5 ago because I vividly remember you pestering me because I skipped a card while I was on holiday.

• Like 2

Since you're the only two time tournament champion playing, the only way you're not getting a bye is if we get 32 players (or if juice signs up, he'd go above you on the list because he's a three time champion).

Pardon me I'm a two time champion and would be three but I was screwed out of the champions tournament

Dude we need like 6 more dammit.

I agree on the random bracket stuff cus everything else would be unfair imo... yet I'm down to play in both. I already missed the last one because of corruption, not gonna miss out again.

Dude we need like 6 more dammit.

I agree on the random bracket stuff cus everything else would be unfair imo... yet I'm down to play in both. I already missed the last one because of corruption, not gonna miss out again.

FH catchphrase time!

• Like 2

Are you retarded?

No. Why? Are you looking for a partner for the three legged retard race?

• Like 1

No. Why? Are you looking for a partner for the three legged retard race?

Sometimes I honestly think that Oz has never graduated 4th grade... His jokes are literally elementary school caliber.

Sometimes I honestly think that Oz has never graduated 4th grade... His jokes are literally elementary school caliber.

Just watch as all the likes roll in for this zinger

• Like 2

One cashflow per post like is GUARANTEED M8!!!

Maybe I should quote some and LMAO after them like you do?

Nah, I'm not that salty.

Maybe I should quote some and LMAO after them like you do?

Nah, I'm not that salty.

OR get salty rustled by posts that I like. I personally enjoy those the most. Lel

One cashflow per post like is GUARANTEED M8!!!

OR get salty rustled by posts that I like. I personally enjoy those the most. Lel

You can't make this chit up.

• Like 1

I need more info what can't you make up?

How you just got rustled by someone liking posts, and then you try to deflect again.

Tell me how gashflow lel

Tew easy

I assure you, nobody believes any of the crap you say. lol

12er only posts for likes. He doesn't watch MMA. So yes, he was posting that stuff to receive a like, and since you're the only other Diaz fan, it was very clearly pandering for likes from you.

When you quietly yet sternly tell FH how he acts it triggers his autism mate. Tread lightly

The sad thing is mate that I only say these things because I genuinely wish he would listen.  The guy is passionate about MMA, gets stuck into every single game - we need people like FH on the forum.

Just wish he didn't waste so much time and screw up threads by butting heads with people all the time.  There's got to be more to life than having running arguments with 15 different people you've never even met.

• Like 5