Photo

Are we close to the end of the UFC as we know it?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Do you see what happens, Larry?

• Ultimate
  • 41,785 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

I'm seeing some strange signs that kind of disturb me here. Here's what I see..

floyd-mayweather-jr.-looks-money-rains-d

1. Conor McGregor, the UFC's biggest star, even MMA's biggest star, is about to get his **** kicked in a sport that he doesn't belong in. Conor McGregor isn't even the best boxer in MMA. He isn't even the best boxer at that weight class! lol

He doesn't stand a chance. He's going to lose, and it's not going to be close. It's going to be embarrassment that falls on the sport of MMA, because casual combat sport fans will not be able to distinguish that boxing isn't really a "fight". They're going to round up, and discount MMA for a long time coming. The entire thing is detrimental to MMA. Mark my words.

On top of it all, what do you think is going to happen after Conor fights Mayweather? Do you think Conor is coming back? If you do, you virtually are forced to believe that he's going to be getting nearly double what he used to get from UFC, aren't you?

Do you think Conor is going to make eighty million dollars, and then come back and fight for ten million? I certainly don't. I know he'll want to redeem himself, but he'll still want a healthy payout for the PPV buys he'll garner. 

All of that brings about a whole new conundrum: If Conor gets a twenty million dollar check for fighting Khabib in Moscow, what does Prelim Fighter A do with himself? Keep fighting for $15K? At what point does a fighter strike become realistic?

Rumble-Belts-Daniel-Cormier.jpg

2. PPV buys are waaaaay down. Their biggest event this year was Cormier vs. Johnson 2, and that did 300K buys. That's pennies.

AR-170708173.jpg

3. The title situations are a joke. They are very clearly trying to crown more champions, so they can have more PPVs headlined by "champions", but they're watering down their own brand. It's not working. They need to strip more champions.

Why haven't they stripped Conor yet?? What are they waiting for?

Ryan-Bader-Facebook-620x413.jpg

4. More and more people are leaving. Bellator just snatched away Mousasi. I have to believe there's a ton more about to go when their contract is up. 

Crack as many jokes as you want, but PFL has a million dollar prize on the line. They have to win an 8-man tournament to get it, but if they do, that payout would end up being higher than 95% of UFC fighters make per fight.

Demian-Maia-LG.jpg

5. Imagine for a second that Demian Maia manages to hump his way to the victory against Woodley.

Demian Maia vs. GSP would immediately be pending. I don't know about you, but I'm not watching that. I don't care if they put it on FOX for f'in free. I. Am. Not. Watching. That.

Is this company nearing the end? Does anybody else see the signs? Any that I've missed?

Edited by cashfl0w, 17 July 2017 - 02:50 PM.

• Decompoze, Bubba_Sparks, sobercuban and 12 others like this
Champion of Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 
UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 24-6-2 (+60)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#2 HoytBow1

HoytBow1
  • Free
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:32 PM

I'd love to argue with you but I can't.
  • cashfl0w, NoCakeForYaya and -idyb- like this

#3 Fred_Flink_Stoned

Fred_Flink_Stoned

FFS

• Free
  • 4,324 posts
  • LocationAmsterdamned

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:33 PM

I'd love to argue with you but I can't.

Same here
  • cashfl0w likes this

412886388.jpg

#4 Decompoze

Decompoze
  • Free
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

Spot on.

I hope they get what's coming to them too. Which is weird to say since I've been a fan for so long. 

• cashfl0w and NoCakeForYaya like this

#5 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 12,392 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

Bellator will overtake the ufc eventually, UFC has become so bloated by its own self importance and run by people who only care about making money at the same time turning the sport into a joke that it will implode and all it will take is for some big names to walk out on the ufc.

Edited by PunchBag, 17 July 2017 - 02:43 PM.

• cashfl0w likes this

brZ51I9.jpg

#6 xFINISHxHIMx

xFINISHxHIMx

UNDISPUTED EA UFC 2 FORUM CHAMPION

• Free
  • 36,243 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

Lol UFC is part of the biggest Fight in fighting History Mayweather vs McGregor.  Imagine Conor wins. 

Also the UFC PPV ratings went constantly up since UFC 35 was on an all time high at UFC 202 and now its going down again its called business. UFC is making some bad decisions lately, I blame that on the new owners.

Mousasi is a loss but everything else is still looking good since Bellator can't set up cards like Bellator NYC more than twice a year. And honestly who wants to watch Ryan Bader vs Phil Davis 3. lol

• LAWLM likes this

cung-le-ko-rich-franklin.gif

Im not the best, I just believe that I can do things, that people think are impossible.

#7 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Ultimate
  • 41,785 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

Something I'd like to add to the Conor section:

What do you think is going to happen after Conor fights Mayweather? Do you think Conor is coming back? If you do, you virtually are forced to believe that he's going to be getting nearly double what he used to get from UFC, aren't you?

Do you think Conor is going to make eighty million dollars, and then come back and fight for ten million? I certainly don't. I know he'll want to redeem himself, but he'll still want a healthy payout for the PPV buys he'll garner. 

All of that brings about a whole new conundrum:  If Conor gets a twenty million dollar check for fighting Khabib in Moscow, what does Prelim Fighter A do with himself? Keep fighting for $15K? At what point does a fighter strike become realistic?

Edited by cashfl0w, 17 July 2017 - 02:50 PM.

• Greasyrasta and -idyb- like this
UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png

amazin

#8 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 23,581 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

The company is definitely the most vulnerable that it's ever been. Dana has accomplished a lot but agreeing to the Reebok deal without fighter input, constantly bad mouthing fighters to the media, and constantly blowing off fighter and fan complaints is bad business.

Before the sale they kept talking about increased revenue but they also dramatically increased shows and tried pushing into other foreign markets which also greatly increased expenses. I think they openly talked just about revenue to help get buyer interest.

The Fertittas got out at the right time.
  • Eclipse76, PunchBag, IRT. and 5 others like this

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion
Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion

#9 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Ultimate
  • 41,785 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

The company is definitely the most vulnerable that it's ever been. Dana has accomplished a lot but agreeing to the Reebok deal without fighter input, constantly bad mouthing fighters to the media, and constantly blowing off fighter and fan complaints is bad business.

Before the sale they kept talking about increased revenue but they also dramatically increased shows and tried pushing into other foreign markets which also greatly increased expenses. I think they openly talked just about revenue to help get buyer interest.

You should've seen what they pulled at IFW.

It was 110 degrees (literally) at 9AM in Vegas, and these idiots have fans lined up outside of the arena to get into the "Fan Experience". I showed up at like 9:15, and was damn near to the escalator from the parking garage at T-Mobile. If you don't know what I mean, I was a good 300 yards from the door standing in line. I stood there for a few minutes, and then left. As did most people. An autograph from some broad who holds a ring card isn't worth dying.

• juice64011 and Greasyrasta like this

amazin

#10 Greasyrasta

Greasyrasta
  • Free
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationYour Closet

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

What do you think is going to happen after Conor fights Mayweather? Do you think Conor is coming back? If you do, you virtually are forced to believe that he's going to be getting nearly double what he used to get from UFC, aren't you?

All of that brings about a whole new conundrum:  If Conor gets a twenty million dollar check for fighting Khabib in Moscow, what does Prelim Fighter A do with himself? Keep fighting for $15K? At what point does a fighter strike become realistic?

I believe Dana said Conor would be well taken care of when he returns.  It was during the post presser with the media.  With that being said, its only a matter of time before the trickle down effect takes over.  Guys are gonna get pennies while Conor gets 10 - 20 mil a fight.  Let that happen for 2-3 fights and the gig is up. Conor will retire and the next big mouth will command all the money.  Conor was good for the UFC as far as bringing in more casuals, but hes a business killer.  You never let an employee be bigger than your company.  Once you do its no longer your company.  Conor said it best, Hes not here to take part hes here to take over, literally.

• cashfl0w and RadLad like this

#11 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 54,025 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

For years, I never missed an event. Never. Even when I was in Turkey and I had to watch a main card starting at 4 A.M. Work has prevented me from watching events for the last six to eight months. I figured I'd just watch the fights the next day or even later that night when I got home. 

I've come to find that there is very rarely a fight worth watching the next day. Even the events on Sundays are not worth my time honestly. I watched a card the other night and it was the HOTTEST OF HOT GARBAGE. Nothing but early stoppages and bum fights. Pig Rigg getting melted by some fat hillbilly was the only redeeming quality. 

• Greasyrasta, cashfl0w and NoCakeForYaya like this

post-406774-0-33798100-1483399020.jpg

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#12 Greasyrasta

Greasyrasta
  • Free
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationYour Closet

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

You should've seen what they pulled at IFW.

It was 110 degrees (literally) at 9AM in Vegas, and these idiots have fans lined up outside of the arena to get into the "Fan Experience". I showed up at like 9:15, and was damn near to the escalator from the parking garage at T-Mobile. If you don't know what I mean, I was a good 300 yards from the door standing in line. I stood there for a few minutes, and then left. As did most people. An autograph from some broad who holds a ring card isn't worth dying.

I dealt with the **** show last year.  Every year its like its their first time.  I decided Anaheim would be a better fit for me over IFW.  And WTF, they couldn't give you 3 events like last year?? Cheap ducks!

• juice64011 and cashfl0w like this

#13 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 54,025 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

They sure did. I still can't believe they managed to hoodwink some saps into paying billions of dollars for this boondoggle. 

I'd be surprised if a gangwar between the LA and Vegas mafia doesn't break out over this chit. The Fertitta's better be gunning up and hiring gun thugs for round the clock protection.

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#14 Greasyrasta

Greasyrasta
  • Free
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationYour Closet

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

Lol UFC is part of the biggest Fight in fighting History Mayweather vs McGregor.  Imagine Conor wins. 

Also the UFC PPV ratings went constantly up since UFC 35 was on an all time high at UFC 202 and now its going down again its called business. UFC is making some bad decisions lately, I blame that on the new owners.

Mousasi is a loss but everything else is still looking good since Bellator can't set up cards like Bellator NYC more than twice a year. And honestly who wants to watch Ryan Bader vs Phil Davis 3. lol

I tried, there's no fooking way.  He's gonna poop stain MMA with this fiasco, and Dana basically screwed the UFC by accepting it.  Either way my greed got me to profit from this fiasco at -625.

Edited by Greasyrasta, 17 July 2017 - 03:06 PM.

• cashfl0w likes this

#15 Greasyrasta

Greasyrasta
  • Free
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationYour Closet

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:08 PM

For years, I never missed an event. Never. Even when I was in Turkey and I had to watch a main card starting at 4 A.M. Work has prevented me from watching events for the last six to eight months. I figured I'd just watch the fights the next day or even later that night when I got home. 

I've come to find that there is very rarely a fight worth watching the next day. Even the events on Sundays are not worth my time honestly. I watched a card the other night and it was the HOTTEST OF HOT GARBAGE. Nothing but early stoppages and bum fights. Pig Rigg getting melted by some fat hillbilly was the only redeeming quality. 

Id tune in at 4am once a week for that.

#16 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 23,581 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:10 PM

They sure did. I still can't believe they managed to hoodwink some saps into paying billions of dollars for this boondoggle.

I'd be surprised if a gangwar between the LA and Vegas mafia doesn't break out over this chit. The Fertitta's better be gunning up and hiring gun thugs for round the clock protection.

I've probably missed over 5 cards this year and thats more than I missed in the last 5 combined. I don't have a ton of interest to watch them later so I might watch 2-3 fights.
  • cashfl0w and NoCakeForYaya like this

#17 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 23,581 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:10 PM

BTW we still have 4 years left on this deal.

Http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/7/12/15953928/quote-compilation-ex-ufc-fighters-reebok-deal-free-agent-bellator-mma
  • cashfl0w likes this

#18 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 8,142 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

Impossible to argue OP. Great post, by the way.

Now, regarding topic #1, sometimes I wonder if this whole Floyd/Conor fight got something way more obscure that was agreed on in some dark alley in Vegas, to be honest.

What if Mayweather is set to take a dive ?! What if Mayweather is becoming something like an 'UFC investor' and taking a dive ? In the end of the day it is all about MONEY so what if Mayweather, UFC's new owners are on it together ?

I just wonder sometimes ....

• cashfl0w likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#19 Greasyrasta

Greasyrasta
  • Free
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationYour Closet

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

Now, regarding topic #1, sometimes I wonder if this whole Floyd/Conor fight got something way more obscure that was agreed on in some dark alley in Vegas, to be honest.

What if Mayweather is set to take a dive ?! What if Mayweather is becoming something like an 'UFC investor' and taking a dive ? In the end of the day it is all about MONEY so what if Mayweather, UFC's new owners are on it together ?

Everyone was speculating about Mayweather taking a dive against Pac. It just wouldn't happen, let alone to throw it to a non boxer.  Floyd wont tarnish 50 anymore than he already has.  This is just a payday for Floyd and a free win to own the best record in boxing.

• cashfl0w and T.B.E like this

#20 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 8,142 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:22 PM

Everyone was speculating about Mayweather taking a dive against Pac. It just wouldn't happen, let alone to throw it to a non boxer.  Floyd wont tarnish 50 anymore than he already has.  This is just a payday for Floyd and a free win to own the best record in boxing.

Well, same way my post is not more than just a speculation, so it is the fact that Mayweather wouldnt take a dive m8.

Um curious to see what happens on Aug 26

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#21 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Ultimate
  • 41,785 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:22 PM

Not a chance. What actually happened is that Rocky Marciano was 50-0. Floyd Mayweather is 49-0. 

There are some real punchers that he could have picked as potential adversaries. There's a damn good reason he picked Conor McGregor. That reason: He watched Conor McGregor get boxed up by a dude who wins about 65% of his fights IN MMA. lol..

Simply put, this is the easiest win on Floyd's career. That's why Conor got the fight.

• skillandpower, Greasyrasta and T.B.E like this

amazin

#22 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 8,142 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

Not a chance. What actually happened is that Rocky Marciano was 50-0. Floyd Mayweather is 49-0. 

There are some real punchers that he could have picked as potential adversaries. There's a damn good reason he picked Conor McGregor. That reason: He watched Conor McGregor get boxed up by a dude who wins about 65% of his fights IN MMA. lol..

Simply put, this is the easiest win on Floyd's career. That's why Conor got the fight.

Yeah, I believe so too.

My post was just based on pure speculation.

Im still not believing 100% this fight actually got booked lol

• Greasyrasta likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#23 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 27,711 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

I think McGregor is 100% going to come back after the Mayweather fight...

The unfortunate part for the UFC is that I think he comes back years from now, after he’s blown his money, and has no other option, because he strikes me as a huge spender.
  • cashfl0w likes this

#24 Greasyrasta

Greasyrasta
  • Free
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationYour Closet

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

Well, same way my post is not more than just a speculation, so it is the fact that Mayweather wouldnt take a dive m8.

Um curious to see what happens on Aug 26

Anything could happen, I just cant see giving up #50.  I felt the same way about his 48th.  He would beat Pac, tie Rocky, then get 50 and retire.  He just took a little longer to get this. 

• cashfl0w likes this

#25 Greasyrasta

Greasyrasta
  • Free
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationYour Closet

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, I believe so too.

My post was just based on pure speculation.

Im still not believing 100% this fight actually got booked lol

I couldn't believe the odds after it was booked.  It was like finding an ATM that just keeps spitting money out.

• cashfl0w and T.B.E like this

#26 Undisputed16

Undisputed16
  • Ultimate
  • 564 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

It certainly didn't help that they relied on Conor/Ronda to headline 207/205/202/196/194/193/190/189/184, (44% of PPV's from 189-207) and didn't seem to have the foresight to see that that wasn't going to last forever

Edited by Undisputed16, 17 July 2017 - 03:32 PM.

• HoytBow1, cashfl0w, NoCakeForYaya and 1 other like this
Events Attended: UFC 205 | UFC 208 | UFC 210 | UFC 213 Upcoming: UFC on Fox 25

#27 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Ultimate
  • 41,785 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

I couldn't believe the odds after it was booked.  It was like finding an ATM that just keeps spitting money out.

I saw -550 and did a triple take. I thought I was dreaming, or that they forgot to add a zero. lol

Wasn't he -600 against Pacquiao?! WTF?

• Greasyrasta and T.B.E like this

amazin

#28 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Ultimate
  • 41,785 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

I think McGregor is 100% going to come back after the Mayweather fight...

The unfortunate part for the UFC is that I think he comes back years from now, after he’s blown his money, and has no other option, because he strikes me as a huge spender.

That's probably true.

I saw on Dana's vlog that Conor had three Rolls Royces somewhere in Vegas. Even if he's leasing, that's not cheap. It's an idiotic way to spend your money.

• Mcmax3000, 12er™, Greasyrasta and 2 others like this

amazin

#29 Greasyrasta

Greasyrasta
  • Free
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationYour Closet

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

I saw -550 and did a triple take. I thought I was dreaming, or that they forgot to add a zero. lol

Wasn't he -600 against Pacquiao?! WTF?

I actually had him at -300 for that fight, just to win.  But the last 5 fights before that he was -800 to -1200

• cashfl0w likes this

#30 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 23,581 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

Anything could happen, I just cant see giving up #50. I felt the same way about his 48th. He would beat Pac, tie Rocky, then get 50 and retire. He just took a little longer to get this.

The only reason I think he would throw a fight is because it would set up a rematch and he said he doesn't care to beat Marciano's record.
  • Yerbo likes this

#31 Greasyrasta

Greasyrasta
  • Free
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationYour Closet

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:45 PM

The only reason I think he would throw a fight is because it would set up a rematch and he said he doesn't care to beat Marciano's record.

He does have Diarrhea of the mouth so I guess I wouldn't be surprised

#32 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:45 PM

Yep. For me, the moment the ufc made Diaz v Conor II instead of Conor v Holloway/Edgar/Aldo was the moment they gave up completely on long-term credibility for short-term profit. The current situation feels like the inevitable conclusion of that pretty poor decision.

Like a few posters have expressed, I used to religiously watch every card, either live at 4AM UK time, or at least first thing the next morning. Now I'll probably catch up a day or two later, already knowing half the results.

The sad thing is....I'm part of the problem. The last three cards I watched with a load of mates were conor/Diaz one and two and Conor/Alvarez. There's already a load of us planning to watch the farcical boxing match. It won't take long before all the 'casuals' have moved on and the hardcore are so disillusioned they've lost interest as well.

Good thread.
  • amunera, skillandpower, cashfl0w and 1 other like this

Winning coach of 2016 Camps League - Team FRANKLIN

Chief of the Rich "Ace" Franklin fan-club

Founder of the welcoming/rehabillitation team

rich-franklin.jpg

#33 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 8,142 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:19 PM

Bubba said it all too.

The only reason I watch EVERY PPV card is for a very simple and silly reason: I live in a town loaded with sports bars and casino venues showing the cards for like 20 bucks and that includes a free drink lol.

Otherwise, I dont really know which cards I would really spend money to watch. 

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#34 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 8,142 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:20 PM

... oh and by the way, this thread indirectly also explains why the Bellator is now the real MMA organization for hardcore fans.

I personally never heard of a casual even mentioned the word Bellator lol

• Greasyrasta likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#35 LayDownDead

LayDownDead

BEETLE BAD AS CAN

• Free
  • 6,614 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

"Neil Magny's striking is literally perfect" - Dana White

"Neil Magny could out box Floyd Mayweather" - Edmond Tarverdyan

#36 IRT.

IRT.

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 23,593 posts

tew many events and watered down cards

they're going to try to get a TV deal and have fights every weekend, at this rate its there only hope

you should've also added that the Fertitta's (much smarter than dana) forsaw this and sold at the perfect time

• juice64011 and skillandpower like this

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#37 LayDownDead

LayDownDead

BEETLE BAD AS CAN

• Free
  • 6,614 posts

seriously though, quit whining nancies

"Neil Magny's striking is literally perfect" - Dana White

"Neil Magny could out box Floyd Mayweather" - Edmond Tarverdyan

#38 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 54,025 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:34 PM

That's probably true.

I saw on Dana's vlog that Conor had three Rolls Royces somewhere in Vegas. Even if he's leasing, that's not cheap. It's an idiotic way to spend your money.

It's okay, when he's punch drunk and broke he can go back on welfare.

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#39 agtx

agtx
  • Free
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

They need to retain their talent, they are so stingey with money they let them go to rival promotions, it's mental, the UFC grow the talent & Bellator takes them all because the UFC doesn't want to pay it's fighters. It's like the fighters don't need a union because they will all end up with Bellator, Bellator is UFC mark 2, the next evolution of high profile main stream mma. To me the loss of Mousasi is the first major sign that the UFC needs to change its ways.

VoKJm_s-200x150.gif

#40 Jason_H.

Jason_H.
  • Free
  • 9,367 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:59 PM

I think what cash is trying to say is - if the UFC dies, this forum will die too and he will be lonely. We are his only friends.

Edited by Jason_H., 17 July 2017 - 08:00 PM.

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the Bubba_Sparks Welcoming/Rehabillitation Team

#41 CanPass

CanPass
  • Free
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

That's probably true.

When you're worth over 100 million in a month owning 3 Rolls Royce's is not really big spending anymore.

Like 1.5 million max.

Owning a 20 million dollar mansion is overspending.

Edited by CanPass, 17 July 2017 - 08:03 PM.

#42 Rastajambo

Rastajambo

Team Bombo Klatt

• Free
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:41 PM

Not to mention the amount fighters whose "dream " it is to fight in the UFC. Then they bust a nut for 15000$ and a free reebok t shirt. Wonder how many fighters realise that fighting in the UFC isn't the dream they thought it was

Edited by Rastajambo, 17 July 2017 - 09:42 PM.

• cashfl0w likes this

abd-75.gif

UFC Fight Night 72

UFC Fight Night 76

UFC Fight Night 84

#43 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Ultimate
  • 41,785 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:07 AM

I think what cash is trying to say is - if the UFC dies, this forum will die too and he will be lonely. We are his only friends.

You really are a terrible poster.
  • Druncle_Polo likes this

amazin

#44 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 19,370 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:33 AM

I'll record them all and watch them at some point but unless it's a fight i'm really interested in, i ant waking up to watch that chit live

• Yerbo likes this

TELEMMGLPICT000132872067-small_trans_NvB

#45 Fred_Flink_Stoned

Fred_Flink_Stoned

FFS

• Free
  • 4,324 posts
  • LocationAmsterdamned

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:36 AM

412886388.jpg

#46 Yerbo

Yerbo
  • Free
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:55 AM

I'm seeing some strange signs that kind of disturb me here. Here's what I see..

floyd-mayweather-jr.-looks-money-rains-d

1. Conor McGregor, the UFC's biggest star, even MMA's biggest star, is about to get his **** kicked in a sport that he doesn't belong in. Conor McGregor isn't even the best boxer in MMA. He isn't even the best boxer at that weight class! lol

He doesn't stand a chance. He's going to lose, and it's not going to be close. It's going to be embarrassment that falls on the sport of MMA, because casual combat sport fans will not be able to distinguish that boxing isn't really a "fight". They're going to round up, and discount MMA for a long time coming. The entire thing is detrimental to MMA. Mark my words.

On top of it all, what do you think is going to happen after Conor fights Mayweather? Do you think Conor is coming back? If you do, you virtually are forced to believe that he's going to be getting nearly double what he used to get from UFC, aren't you?

All of that brings about a whole new conundrum: If Conor gets a twenty million dollar check for fighting Khabib in Moscow, what does Prelim Fighter A do with himself? Keep fighting for $15K? At what point does a fighter strike become realistic?

Rumble-Belts-Daniel-Cormier.jpg

2. PPV buys are waaaaay down. Their biggest event this year was Cormier vs. Johnson 2, and that did 300K buys. That's pennies.

AR-170708173.jpg

3. The title situations are a joke. They are very clearly trying to crown more champions, so they can have more PPVs headlined by "champions", but they're watering down their own brand. It's not working. They need to strip more champions.

Why haven't they stripped Conor yet?? What are they waiting for?

Ryan-Bader-Facebook-620x413.jpg

4. More and more people are leaving. Bellator just snatched away Mousasi. I have to believe there's a ton more about to go when their contract is up. 

Crack as many jokes as you want, but PFL has a million dollar prize on the line. They have to win an 8-man tournament to get it, but if they do, that payout would end up being higher than 95% of UFC fighters make per fight.

Demian-Maia-LG.jpg

5. Imagine for a second that Demian Maia manages to hump his way to the victory against Woodley.

Demian Maia vs. GSP would immediately be pending. I don't know about you, but I'm not watching that. I don't care if they put it on FOX for f'in free. I. Am. Not. Watching. That.

Is this company nearing the end? Does anybody else see the signs? Any that I've missed?

You know as well as anyone that it's been going downhill for sometime...even before Conor. It all started with trying to pump out way more events than their roster warranted. As a result we soon started having PPVs (for the same price as the old ones full of top fighters) with guys who were fighting in their UFC debut ffs. A lot of the points you made have come since that time and have only sped things up. It's getting ugly......

• amunera, cashfl0w and NoCakeForYaya like this

#47 Yerbo

Yerbo
  • Free
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:01 AM

Promising fighters title bouts then reneging is pretty bad too....

#48 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Ultimate
  • 41,785 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:20 AM

It's very odd to see basically everybody at agreement on this topic.

How doesn't the UFC see the same thing we all do? Why is this Mayweather fight even happening? They need to fix their company, and their #1 star getting bodied in boxing is not along that route.

• the_enigma and T.B.E like this

amazin

#49 Fred_Flink_Stoned

Fred_Flink_Stoned

FFS

• Free
  • 4,324 posts
  • LocationAmsterdamned

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:29 AM

1 PPV event a month and 1 fox card a month for the prospects

the PPV should only headline the elite / best fighters of the world and if the UFC doesn`t have enough elite/best they should snatch them away from other promotions like how they always did and pay them that Anderson Silva money meng

412886388.jpg

#50 the_enigma

the_enigma
  • Moderators
  • 22,229 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:35 AM

Actions that have helped dig the ufc's own grave:

1. Got rid of the gladiator style flavor of 1st generation zuffa ufc.

2. Signed the fox deal/reebok deal and tried to make ufc mainstream

3. brought in usada.

The fate of the ufc has never been on Conors shoulders. I only started paying attention to him because I made $300 off $10 when Nate whooped him.

TBH If zuffa had kept the ppv's exclusively as ufc cards, and all the other fight nights etc as some kind of lower promotion that featured a ufc main event, that would have helped the FEEL of the ppv's. All the cards feel the same right now, except that some randomly cost $50+

• amunera and cashfl0w like this

conair.gif?w=780

^ I agree.

2013 predictions league champion
Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
Last one to post wins winner x2
Survivor Series VIII - Sole survivor.