32 replies to this topic

#1 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 8,206 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:51 AM

573dd02149fde.jpeg?width=1400

It's been more than a year since Luke Rockhold last stepped into the UFC Octagon, but he'll never forget the way he exited the last time out.

In June 2016, the rangy California native suffered a first-round knockout to current middleweight champion Michael Bisping in one of the most shocking upsets in recent memory. Since that time, Rockhold has dealt with injuries and a lot of time off, but he's anxious to resume his career this Saturday night when he faces David Branch in the main event at UFC Fight Night 116 in Pittsburgh.

As much as Rockhold is focused on beating Branch and re-establishing himself atop the UFC middleweight rankings, he's never lost sight of getting back into the cage with Bisping.

Rockhold isn't holding his breath on a trilogy with Bisping ever materializing because he's confident the brash Brit wants to retire while still celebrating his vengeance in their rematch.

"I'll put myself in position for that fight [against Bisping]," Rockhold said. "I can't control if the man will step up and fight me due to his actions in the last year. I can't say that he will take the fight. I think he's avoided every fight. He talks bad about the opponent I have. My opponent is ranked four spots higher than his first and only title defense in a year and three months. He's got no room to talk.

"I'm not going to hold him to it. I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm just going to fight my fight one at a time and put myself into position to take back the division and take back the top spot. Whether he's there or whether he's not doesn't matter to me. Of course it would be sweet, but some people don't want it. I just think he's a f*cking coward."

While his feelings on Bisping are quite clear, Rockhold knows losing focus is what cost him the last time out at UFC 199.

Going into that fight, Rockhold was a massive favorite, and he'd already dominated Bisping once before. Add to that, Bisping accepted the fight on less than two weeks' notice, so it was understandable why Rockhold exuded so much confidence going into the fight.

"I don't make the same mistake twice," Rockhold said. "I'll be focused. I'll have my mind right. My fight game will be right."

Rockhold was actually ready to return to action several months ago, but the UFC struggled to secure a worthy opponent for the former Strikeforce champion.

Earlier in the summer, Rockhold attempted to land a fight with former middleweight champion Anderson Silva, but that never materialized. Rockhold also tried to get former title contender Yoel Romero to sign on the dotted line for September. The Cuban-born fighter reportedly wasn't going to be ready in time to compete at that early of a date, and once again Rockhold was left without a dance partner.

That's where Branch, a former World Series of Fighting two-division champion, entered the conversation.

"I tried to fight a laundry list of guys, and no one would step up," Rockhold said. "Here I am from June to July to August to September -- I couldn't wait any longer. Now's the time. Branch was the only guy to step up to the game so here we go. It might not be the ideal opponent but I'm game.

"I'm happy the man stepped up and I have an opponent. I have someone I can go to work with. I'm sure he's a tough guy. He's a top 10 opponent
."

• cashfl0w likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#2 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Still a ShowGOAT fan. Suck it.

• Ultimate
  • 49,497 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

I don't think what Luke does to Branch on Saturday night is going to make it any easier to find an opponent. lol

• freddievanhalen3, PunchBag, sobercuban and 3 others like this
Champion of Survivor Series IX, Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 
UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 24-7-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#3 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 8,206 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:57 AM

I don't think what Luke does to Branch on Saturday night is going to make it any easier to find an opponent. lol

Lol yeah I cant see them lining up to fight him after he kicks Branch in half.

Edited by Jolldan, 12 September 2017 - 07:03 AM.

• PunchBag and cashfl0w like this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#4 hamaliafreud

hamaliafreud
  • Free
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:38 AM

So Rockhold defeated his arrogance and he is back , or he didn't and he's going back modelling ?

#5 Dark_Horse

Dark_Horse
  • Free
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:50 AM

This guy is a lifetime member of the dweeb society. When Branch beats him, he'll disappear for another year then come out from under his rock to troll people. Very few know that's what a Rockhold is; a malignant troll that emerges once a year only to get his **** beaten, then repeat the cycle the following year.
Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the Devil.

#6 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Ultimate
  • 49,497 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

This guy is a lifetime member of the dweeb society. When Branch beats him, he'll disappear for another year then come out from under his rock to troll people. Very few know that's what a Rockhold is; a malignant troll that emerges once a year only to get his **** beaten, then repeat the cycle the following year.

Wut
  • sobercuban and CorporalClegg209 like this
Champion of Survivor Series IX, Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 
UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png

amazin

#7 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 52,715 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:57 AM

Wut

Im just as confused

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster

#8 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,044 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

I dont think Bisping would beat Luke in a rematch.

Man, I dont know what I want more ... Luke vs Weidman or Luke vs Bisping ?

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#9 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 8,226 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:16 PM

bisping has enough balls to take on the p5p greatest fighter on the planet, and rockhold is taking a fight against some ****ing tomato can that nobody has ever heard of and by miracle, somehow even managed to get himself a wikipedia page,  yet rockhold wants to talk about who the coward is.

thats just ridiculous.  perhaps he's still on **** street from that epic beatdown michael 'hands of steel' bisping laid out on him.  you dont earn yourself a rematch for a title by sitting on the couch for a year and then signing off to fight a  tomato can. not even conor mcgregor could get away with that. well actually maybe he's the one exception because he brings in money so he can do what he wants,  but not a guy like rockhold.

Edited by -idyb-, 12 September 2017 - 04:19 PM.

• Dark_Horse likes this

#10 CorporalClegg209

CorporalClegg209

Yeah well, I still jerk off manually

• Free
  • 17,938 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

bisping has enough balls to take on the p5p greatest fighter on the planet, and rockhold is taking a fight against some ****ing tomato can that nobody has ever heard of and by miracle, somehow even managed to get himself a wikipedia page,  yet rockhold wants to talk about who the coward is.

thats just ridiculous.  perhaps he's still on **** street from that epic beatdown michael 'hands of steel' bisping laid out on him.  you dont earn yourself a rematch for a title by sitting on the couch for a year and then signing off to fight a  tomato can. not even conor mcgregor could get away with that. well actually maybe he's the one exception because he brings in money so he can do what he wants,  but not a guy like rockhold.

King David was a two weight world champion in his previous promotion, held consecutively.  He would stomp the chit out of Georges.

• DrPaul, Banham, skillandpower and 2 others like this

qUDIQwQ.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before

#11 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 8,226 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

King David was a two weight world champion in his previous promotion, held consecutively.  He would stomp the chit out of Georges.

if by georges, you made a typo and meant to say george roop, then yeah i would have to agree.

gsp would take this can to pound town!

#12 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Ultimate
  • 49,497 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:52 PM

if by georges, you made a typo and meant to say george roop, then yeah i would have to agree.

gsp would take this can to pound town!

The Brownsville Bully would leave GSP's **** leaking.
  • CorporalClegg209 likes this

amazin

#13 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 8,226 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:59 PM

gsp would take him to brown town

#14 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 8,206 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:20 AM

The best guy Branch has ever beat was his last fight against Jotko and he just barely got the nod there.

Luke sleeps him in 3 minutes or less.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#15 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 52,715 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:45 AM

The best guy Branch has ever beat was his last fight against Jotko and he just barely got the nod there.

Luke sleeps him in 3 minutes or less.

Yushin

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#16 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 12,995 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:47 AM

i would fight gsp tomorrow for free, at worst i would have a bald greasy man wriggling ontop of me, i wouldnt fight rockhold tomorrow for free cause i want to keep my health.

Edited by PunchBag, 13 September 2017 - 12:48 AM.

brZ51I9.jpg

#17 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 8,206 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:51 AM

Yushin

Yushin was the better overall fighter but he was never really the same after Silva took his soul.

• freddievanhalen3 likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#18 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 52,715 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:52 AM

Yushin was the better overall fighter but he was never really the same after Silva took his soul.

Thats the troof

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#19 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 8,226 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:09 AM

i would fight gsp tomorrow for free, at worst i would have a bald greasy man wriggling ontop of me, i wouldnt fight rockhold tomorrow for free cause i want to keep my health.

gsp has beat up and defeated every opponent he's ever faced.  rockhold couldnt even land a punch on michael bisping.

keep on training on your couch bro. we all know that if you were to take on a guy like gsp, he would surgically reconstruct your face worse than he did jon fitch.

Edited by -idyb-, 13 September 2017 - 01:09 AM.

• PunchBag likes this

#20 Furiousmat

Furiousmat
  • Free
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

Does he think he should be the next in line? He had zero title defense and got knocked out in 1 round why does he say he's tired of waiting. What's he waiting for? Shouldn't he be fighting?
  • Denizen likes this

#21 DrPaul

DrPaul

King Of The Fall

• Free
  • 53,814 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

Hes not ready for branch

• Banham, CanPass and VertFTW like this

Prediction Tournament XVI Champion

Gamblers Prediction League Season 4 Champion

Last one to post Champion

UFC Forum Fight Camp Champion

UFC Predictions Tournament 5 - unofficial Champion

PSN - DrPaul

#22 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 12,995 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

gsp has beat up and defeated every opponent he's ever faced.  rockhold couldnt even land a punch on michael bisping.

keep on training on your couch bro. we all know that if you were to take on a guy like gsp, he would surgically reconstruct your face worse than he did jon fitch.

if jake shields can outbox gsp then so could stevie wonder

brZ51I9.jpg

#23 Furiousmat

Furiousmat
  • Free
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

They fought 5 rounds pretty much entirely on the feet and Shields lost. This would suggest that he can't outbox him.

#24 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 8,226 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:51 PM

lmfao

outbox?? what kind of crack are you smoking? the shields vs gsp fight was on the feet the whole time and shields couldnt even win a round in the eyes of even one judge bro. all he did was eat jab sandwiches for 25 minutes.    did he even land a single punch? i doubt it.  the only thing he landed was a poke to gsp's eye.  and in the eyes of the judges and every educated mma fan in the world, he still lost that round. eye pokes and nut shots dont score points bro.

Edited by -idyb-, 14 September 2017 - 10:57 PM.

#25 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 25,760 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:32 PM

lmfao

outbox?? what kind of crack are you smoking? the shields vs gsp fight was on the feet the whole time and shields couldnt even win a round in the eyes of even one judge bro. all he did was eat jab sandwiches for 25 minutes. did he even land a single punch? i doubt it. the only thing he landed was a poke to gsp's eye. and in the eyes of the judges and every educated mma fan in the world, he still lost that round. eye pokes and nut shots dont score points bro.

Shields won 2 rounds mate.
  • PunchBag likes this

Winning coach of 2016 Camps League - Team FRANKLIN

Chief of the Rich "Ace" Franklin fan-club

Founder of the welcoming/rehabillitation team

rich-franklin.jpg

#26 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 8,226 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:36 PM

Shields won 2 rounds mate.

only in the eyes of a retarded judge maybe

#27 Furiousmat

Furiousmat
  • Free
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:11 AM

Cuckhold still talking **** today. I wonder if anyone gets fooled by this obvious attempt at picking a fight with whoever wins at ufc217

#28 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 20,352 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:42 AM

lol, he got KO'd into a lay off so long even Cain laughs at him

• CanPass likes this

#29 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 8,226 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:49 AM

relax bro. king david just tapped to strikes to some dude that michael bisping knocked out.

#30 zaksame

zaksame
  • Free
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

Calling someone a coward who KO'd you is like lol time.

He is acting like a baby,you lost Luke sorry about your luck,maybe next time you'll take the fight and the fighter  more serious.

just because it seems common place to give rematches,i don't agree with them.The ONLY time i want a rematch is if there was a poor decision,nobody should go out like that.Luke lost fair and square,now he has to use his superior reach/height advantage to climb back up.

BTW at his height 6'3 there is no way in hell he could fight at 185,so yeah calling another a coward when you are fighting with a big advantage height+weight  seems lol.At least if all fighters had to walk in at the legit 185 Luke would be a skinny toothpick,he would struggle badly.

Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.

#31 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 12,995 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

i can see interim title defense, rockhold vs bobby knuckles

i think it will be a loooonnnggg time before the winner of bisping vs gsp fights again

Edited by PunchBag, 17 September 2017 - 05:29 PM.

• skillandpower likes this

brZ51I9.jpg

#32 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 25,204 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:32 PM

i think it will be a loooonnnggg time before the winner of bisping vs gsp fights again

Having and interim champ fight anyone but the champ is the dumbest idea ever but I can see that happening too.
  • PunchBag and skillandpower like this
MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 ChampionOfficial JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 23 Champion

#33 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,044 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

I agree with both statements.

It is a completely joke but I can see the UFC pulling that chit and having Whittaker defending his interim belt while the champ is ACTIVE, HEALTHY AND READY TO FIGHT. Isnt that a joke ?!

Bisping will avoid Romero and Luke for as long as he can and GSP would probably try to fight Conor.

• PunchBag likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"