2017-18 NHL Thread

• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

#401 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 14,316 posts
  • Location💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐GSP's #1 Fan ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🏒🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:24 PM

I havent read much on it, but the way the radio made it sound is he fell in and just sunk. Not even fighting to keep afloat.

Pretty much sums up the story of my Vancouver Canucks throughout the last few years.

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping.

#402 classicboxer

classicboxer

THE KING OF THE FORUM

• Free
  • 19,316 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:57 PM

erik.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=41

Hey Canada, **** OFF!

Edited by classicboxer, 13 September 2018 - 06:58 PM.

giphy.gif

#403 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:07 PM

erik.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=41

Hey Canada, **** OFF!

You notice he says he never imagined leaving, blah blah blah, but hasn't said anything good about the Sharks yet? He doesn't want to go. He will play the year out and some other team will grab him next year.

Though pair him and Burns together, and that's a brick wall of a defence.
  • -idyb- likes this

#404 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,316 posts
  • Location💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐GSP's #1 Fan ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🏒🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:19 PM

damn looks like ottawa's getting fleeced. one of my coworkers is a big fan of the sens. this is sure to rustle his jimmies. ill be sure to rub it all in his face when he gets back from vacation next week.

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#405 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,316 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:26 PM

You notice he says he never imagined leaving, blah blah blah, but hasn't said anything good about the Sharks yet? He doesn't want to go. He will play the year out and some other team will grab him next year.

Though pair him and Burns together, and that's a brick wall of a defence.

"I'm just going to speak from my heart. I wish we were standing here in different circumstances," Karlsson said in Ottawa. "It's a very emotional and sad day for me and my family, but it's an unfortunate part of the business.

"At the same time I also want to thank the San Jose Sharks for everything that they have done to acquire me. It showed a lot in how much they wanted me to be part of their organization and their team, and for that, I'm very grateful. I'm going to be extremely excited once I get there. And I'm looking forward to whatever is ahead of me."

yup  he definately doesnt want to go anywhere. i dont know what the general manager of ottawa was thinking trading one of the best defencemen in the league for mostly prospects, but if this doesnt pan out they should fire his ****.  they were already calling for eugene melnyk's head on a stick at the end of last season and wanting him to sell the team, but now this whole organization is pulling some shady chit.  maybe they already know theyre on their way out so they decided to start trading everyone away for a bag of pucks. kind of like what mike gillis did with my beloved vancouver canucks right before they kicked his **** to the curb.

Edited by -idyb-, 13 September 2018 - 09:27 PM.

• Decompoze likes this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#406 Decompoze

Decompoze
  • Free
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:08 AM

Fuk you CB! This just guaranteed my Kings not making the playoffs since they probably play San Jose like 20 times and we can barely score as is.

• -idyb- likes this

Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb...they refuse, they cling to the realm or gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

#407 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,316 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:32 AM

meanwhile my canucks have done absolutely nothing in the offseason. im thinking about ordering up a vancouver canucks towel so ill be ready to use it in april to soak up all my tears after another miserable year of disappointment

Edited by -idyb-, 14 September 2018 - 04:32 AM.

• Decompoze likes this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#408 Decompoze

Decompoze
  • Free
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:41 AM

meanwhile my canucks have done absolutely nothing in the offseason. im thinking about ordering up a vancouver canucks towel so ill be ready to use it in april to soak up all my tears after another miserable year of disappointment

It's like they are in the middle of a rebuild but the potential payoff of the rebuild is so bleak. The whole organization is in a tough spot.

Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb...they refuse, they cling to the realm or gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

#409 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,316 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:52 AM

weve got alot of great young talent  some of them were even playing here in town last weekend in a young stars tournament   but most of them arent quite nhl ready. juolevi, petterson and dahlen should pan out pretty well though.  maybe even jett woo,  cause with a name like that how could anybody not root for that guy?

boeser had a great shot of winning the calder if he didnt get hurt near the last stretch of the year. and  horvat is proving that he was worth trading away the #1 backup goalie in the league at the time for.  but the rest of the team is just lost.  we drafted quinn hughes this year, may as well draft his brother next year just to get some brothers on the team just cause we lost the sedin twins

i dunno im just ready for another year of disappointment.  if we even make the playoffs itll be a miracle. its gonna take a few more years for this team to develop. i dont even think most of the guys on the roster are old enough to drink a beer in america.

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#410 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:27 AM

"At the same time I also want to thank the San Jose Sharks for everything that they have done to acquire me. It showed a lot in how much they wanted me to be part of their organization and their team, and for that, I'm very grateful. I'm going to be extremely excited once I get there. And I'm looking forward to whatever is ahead of me."

He is grateful they acquired him and he will be excited when he gets there.

There was a lot of other stuff he said about Ottawa. The guy felt betrayed .

That said, he will adjust and the Sharks just stole him from the Sens. They didn't even offer a reach around on that deal.

It's too bad, I would have loved to see him on the Oilers. We need good Defenceman. Our strategy is just to ignore last season and think happy thoughts that we will be back like 2 years ago and that Lucic is somehow not a pylon again.

#411 classicboxer

classicboxer

THE KING OF THE FORUM

• Free
  • 19,316 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:19 AM

Moments after the Sharks acquired defenseman Erik Karlsson on Thursday from the Ottawa Senators, San Jose’s odds were adjusted at Las Vegas sports books.

The Sharks moved from 20-1 to win the 2019 Stanley Cup to 10-1 at the Westgate sports book, which also moved San Jose’s odds to win the Western Conference from 10-1 to 7-1.

The Sharks’ odds to make the playoffs increased from minus 260 to minus 340, and their Pacific Division odds went from 7-2 to 9-4.

The Golden Knights remain the 7-4 favorite to win the division, with the Anaheim Ducks at 5-1 and the Los Angeles Kings and Calgary Flames at 7-1.

giphy.gif