fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:36 AM

• sobercuban and T.B.E like this
 conair.gif?w=780

The Chad went outside, got too much sun and burst into flames, igniting the Canadian forested wilderness which is now causing an Eclipse.

lmao! I had that experience once. Light's out, drunk didn't even notice it. When i went to the bathroom i wondered why my mouth tasted like copper. Started brushing my teeth and noticed when i spat out it was red then it hit me. Walked back into the bedroom turned the lights on and there were red finger prints on the wall, sheets were rekt and she was cleaning herself with a towel. I almost got upset at first for not telling me but i was like oh well zero **** given. 

#2 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,736 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

Ben Shapiro is p5p

• fobar, TwennyFo, Weidman_The_God and 1 other like this

post-406774-0-12678100-1439418105.gif

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#3 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,736 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

We can't have these level-headed conversations goddamn it!  We need to fly off the handle at every little thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• fobar and Weidman_The_God like this

#4 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

We can't have these level-headed conversations goddamn it!  We need to fly off the handle at every little thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know right

• sobercuban likes this
 conair.gif?w=780

The Chad went outside, got too much sun and burst into flames, igniting the Canadian forested wilderness which is now causing an Eclipse.

lmao! I had that experience once. Light's out, drunk didn't even notice it. When i went to the bathroom i wondered why my mouth tasted like copper. Started brushing my teeth and noticed when i spat out it was red then it hit me. Walked back into the bedroom turned the lights on and there were red finger prints on the wall, sheets were rekt and she was cleaning herself with a towel. I almost got upset at first for not telling me but i was like oh well zero **** given. 

#5 TwennyFo

TwennyFo
  • Free
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:02 AM

Put Shapiro and the brother on opposite sides of a coffee table and that's a conversation i'd happily tune into. 

• fobar, sobercuban and Weidman_The_God like this

conair.gif?w=780

#6 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

• sobercuban, TwennyFo and Weidman_The_God like this
 conair.gif?w=780

#7 TwennyFo

TwennyFo
  • Free
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

Dis gunna be a gud thread.  :lol:

• fobar, sobercuban and Weidman_The_God like this

conair.gif?w=780

#8 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 6,475 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

Shapiro is the GOAT.

can't wait until he runs for president.
  • fobar, sobercuban and TwennyFo like this

#9 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 6,475 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

The day that Ben completely Decimated Cenk will go down as the greatest moment in the history of the country after 1776.
  • fobar likes this

#10 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

The day that Ben completely Decimated Cenk will go down as the greatest moment in the history of the country after 1776.

• Weidman_The_God likes this
 conair.gif?w=780

#11 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 6,475 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

Never seen Ben laugh so hard here. Cracks me up everytime lol
  • fobar and sobercuban like this

#12 Yerbo

Yerbo
  • Free
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

This guy is a consummate ****ter. In the 1st minute he claims at least 2 opinions as fact...at that point he becomes not worth listening to. Anyone who likes this guy puts more credence in style than substance.

#13 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 6,475 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

This guy is a consummate ****ter. In the 1st minute he claims at least 2 opinions as fact...at that point he becomes not worth listening to. Anyone who likes this guy puts more credence in style than substance.

Fact #1) a full Obamacare repeal was promised before yet has not even been attempted in yet in Congress.

Fact #2) there is a divide in the Republican party between people who now think there should even be a full repeal or just a modified replacement.

Which of these 2 facts he stated do you disagree with and why?
  • fobar and sobercuban like this

#14 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

i agree, Cenk is a twat

• juice64011 and Weidman_The_God like this
 conair.gif?w=780

#15 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

• sobercuban and Weidman_The_God like this
 conair.gif?w=780

#16 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

Never seen Ben laugh so hard here. Cracks me up everytime lol

LMFAO i missed that earlier, love it 

• NikkiNeversleep and Weidman_The_God like this
 conair.gif?w=780

#17 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

Ben Shapiro is p5p

Pretty good for a religious guy

• sobercuban likes this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#18 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,736 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

There's plenty of stuff he says that I disagree with but I really like watching a smart person destroy random idiots.  

• fobar, TwennyFo, NikkiNeversleep and 2 others like this

#19 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

There's plenty of stuff he says that I disagree with but I really like watching a smart person destroy random idiots.  

I'm not sure how someone so critical and thoughtful can blindly follow a religion (aka stuff written by men a really long time ago) but yeah, he's cool

• Bubba_Sparks, sobercuban and TheGreatCatpiss like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#20 TwennyFo

TwennyFo
  • Free
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:31 PM

Shapiro was famous long before these moments but they're priceless non the less.

Edited by TwennyFo, 08 October 2017 - 12:32 PM.

• sobercuban and Weidman_The_God like this

conair.gif?w=780

#21 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 35,276 posts
  • LocationCajun Country

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

Is it just me or does Ben have a mildly annoying geek voice? 

That being said i h8 my own voice so i shouldn't talk chit. lol

I wish i could articulate half as well as he does. Talks a little fast but a most excellent communicator. 

• MauroPedrosa likes this

#22 NikkiNeversleep

NikkiNeversleep

OG Werdum Fan - What's my name? EBAH!

• Free
  • 8,881 posts
  • LocationZion

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:00 AM

His stance on abortion is pretty much the same as mine. His stance on magical beings who live in the sky is very different from mine.

• fobar, juice64011, sobercuban and 1 other like this

CORRE! VAI CAVALO! CORRE! VAI CAVALO! GANHAR! GANHAR!

#23 NikkiNeversleep

NikkiNeversleep

• Free
  • 8,881 posts
  • LocationZion

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:04 AM

The young gentlemen's opening points were very good, and he was right about quite a bit of it. To some degree, I think there's an excessive amount of focus on the past and that's what really holds people down today.

• fobar, juice64011 and sobercuban like this

#24 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:12 AM

The young gentlemen's opening points were very good, and he was right about quite a bit of it. To some degree, I think there's an excessive amount of focus on the past and that's what really holds people down today.

indeed, its one of the most open exchanges between to opposing sides i have ever heard. just wished it went on longer and everyone could learn how to interact with each other again

• sobercuban and NikkiNeversleep like this
 conair.gif?w=780

#25 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,736 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:20 AM

His stance on abortion is pretty much the same as mine. His stance on magical beings who live in the sky is very different from mine.

It's weird, until maybe the last 3-4 years I've always been Pro Choice, vocally if asked.  But lately I'm starting to realize my reason for supporting abortion has nothing to do with a woman's right to choose and everything to do with the fact that I generally hate mankind and wish, constantly, for less people on earth.  Abortion itself horrifies me.  

• fobar, MauroPedrosa and Weidman_The_God like this

#26 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 24,762 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

I'm not sure how someone so critical and thoughtful can blindly follow a religion (aka stuff written by men a really long time ago) but yeah, he's cool

Your assumption that he "blindly" follows his religion is probably erroneous. It is possible to apply critical and logical thought in that field also.
  • SVTContour98, fobar, Weidman_The_God and 1 other like this

Winning coach of 2016 Camps League - Team FRANKLIN

Chief of the Rich "Ace" Franklin fan-club

Founder of the welcoming/rehabillitation team

rich-franklin.jpg

#27 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,670 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

Your assumption that he "blindly" follows his religion is probably erroneous. It is possible to apply critical and logical thought in that field also.

How does one apply logic to dirt man and rib woman?

Asking for a friend. 

#28 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

Is it just me or does Ben have a mildly annoying geek voice? 

No doubt about that. I would describe it as a whiny child's voice, but what he says is usually factual and interesting.

• StompGrind and NikkiNeversleep like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#29 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,141 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

you had to start that chestnut in one of my good threads mate lol

thanks  :lol:

• NikkiNeversleep likes this
 conair.gif?w=780

#30 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 6,475 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

Believe it or not there are actually some people out there who happen to be both intelligent and religious at the same time. They are not two mutually exclusive things. Crazy idea, I know.

Also just because he is religious doesn't mean he is automatically an extremist who believes every word in the bible literally lol.

#31 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 6,475 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:55 PM

How does one apply logic to dirt man and rib woman?

Asking for a friend.

Yes because that's all that there is to religion. Definitely just summed it up with that simplistic remark. Lol.
  • SVTContour98 and cashfl0w like this

#32 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,670 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

Yes because that's all that there is to religion. Definitely just summed it up with that simplistic remark. Lol.

The obvious point is that the basis is built upon the suspension of logic. Picking and choosing what logic flies and what doesn't, isn't using logic. It's best to just leave the whole religion thing out of the discussion. 

#33 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 24,762 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:15 PM

The obvious point is that the basis is built upon the suspension of logic. Picking and choosing what logic flies and what doesn't, isn't using logic. It's best to just leave the whole religion thing out of the discussion.

Nope.
The assumption that religious belief is based on the suspension of logic is erroneous.

The assumption that someone who makes a living out of logical, critical thinking would suspend that when it comes to their personal beliefs is a leap of faith in itself.
  • SVTContour98 and cashfl0w like this

rich-franklin.jpg

#34 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,736 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:41 AM

In this thread:

People who think religion is good vs people who think it's dumb.  

Good luck with that.  

• SVTContour98, fobar, Bubba_Sparks and 1 other like this

#35 SVTContour98

SVTContour98
  • Free
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

Nope.
The assumption that religious belief is based on the suspension of logic is erroneous.

The assumption that someone who makes a living out of logical, critical thinking would suspend that when it comes to their personal beliefs is a leap of faith in itself.

I have a dozen conversations each year with atheists who LITERALLY suspend logic/reason just to keep themselves self-medicated against the reality of the Creator-less existence they demand.

• Bubba_Sparks likes this

3 Facts Everyone Must Face:

#1 If there is no God, then your life has no objective meaning.

#2 You didn't bring yourself into this World, and you cannot ultimately prevent your Death.

#3 Jesus Existed.

PM to discuss<

#36 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 24,762 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

I have a dozen conversations each year with atheists who LITERALLY suspend logic/reason just to keep themselves self-medicated against the reality of the Creator-less existence they demand.

That sounds very familiar!

It seems people have very little respect for another's thought process if they come to a different conclusion to themselves.  Guess it's easier to live in your own echo chamber.  I see this more and more in general, whether it's politics, religion or sport.  We're getting ever more polarised in the sophisticated West.

• SVTContour98 likes this

rich-franklin.jpg

#37 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,736 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

All of the vocal atheists I know are just as intolerable as religious nutjobs.  But most atheists and religious people are far more normal, you just never hear from them.  

My old roommate grew up wanting to become a priest, then he realized he was gay and suddenly just became this massive atheist.  He used to sit around watching atheism videos and surfing atheism sites, non stop.  It was so awful.  I have no idea why someone would obsess over something they proclaim to have no belief in.  

• SVTContour98, juice64011 and Bubba_Sparks like this

#38 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,670 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

All of the vocal atheists I know are just as intolerable as religious nutjobs.  But most atheists and religious people are far more normal, you just never hear from them.  

My old roommate grew up wanting to become a priest, then he realized he was gay and suddenly just became this massive atheist.  He used to sit around watching atheism videos and surfing atheism sites, non stop.  It was so awful.  I have no idea why someone would obsess over something they proclaim to have no belief in.  

Reaction to harassment. 

• sobercuban likes this

#39 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,736 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:56 PM

Reaction to harassment. 

I promise you, in the case of my former roommate at least, no one was harassing him about it.  We all worked with pretty secular people, his friends were like-minded or secular themselves.  He just obsessed over it, it was really bizarre.  He'd go off on these tangents grilling me on stuff like I was a God person even though I don't really label myself that way. 

I WOULD say I'm an agnostic but I really don't think there is anything out there.  That said I'd love to somehow get confirmation of the existence of god in an empirical way, it sure would make the thought of death a whole lot less scary.  

#40 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,670 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

I promise you, in the case of my former roommate at least, no one was harassing him about it.  We all worked with pretty secular people, his friends were like-minded or secular themselves.  He just obsessed over it, it was really bizarre.  He'd go off on these tangents grilling me on stuff like I was a God person even though I don't really label myself that way. 

I WOULD say I'm an agnostic but I really don't think there is anything out there.  That said I'd love to somehow get confirmation of the existence of god in an empirical way, it sure would make the thought of death a whole lot less scary.  

Some people are just aggressive and like conflict I suppose. 

I've always enjoyed discussions on belief, I only get mildly uppity when people insist on what they are saying is true, and leave no room for doubt. 

In my opinion, you are using the most common definition of an atheist and describe yourself exactly as I would. Though personally, I'm not afraid of death at all, I'm only afraid of the possible pain associated with it. 

There are a couple of pests around here that knock on my door at least once a month. I'm very cordial with them but try to tell them I'm not interested just the same. They keep coming because my wife made the mistake of humoring them one day. 

• sobercuban and MauroPedrosa like this

#41 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,736 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

Some people are just aggressive and like conflict I suppose. 

I've always enjoyed discussions on belief, I only get mildly uppity when people insist on what they are saying is true, and leave no room for doubt. 

In my opinion, you are using the most common definition of an atheist and describe yourself exactly as I would. Though personally, I'm not afraid of death at all, I'm only afraid of the possible pain associated with it. 

There are a couple of pests around here that knock on my door at least once a month. I'm very cordial with them but try to tell them I'm not interested just the same. They keep coming because my wife made the mistake of humoring them one day. 

It's weird, I've never head Jehova's witnesses or Mormons or anything swing by.  Not even when I lived in the bigger suburbs which is strange because there a ton of religious people down here.  

Death terrifies me but doesn't at the same time.  When I die I really won't give a **** that I just died.  I also fear dying a painful death whether quick or slow.  I've always thought to myself that I don't want to see my death coming.  

• chons and MauroPedrosa like this

#42 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,670 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

It's weird, I've never head Jehova's witnesses or Mormons or anything swing by.  Not even when I lived in the bigger suburbs which is strange because there a ton of religious people down here.  

Death terrifies me but doesn't at the same time.  When I die I really won't give a **** that I just died.  I also fear dying a painful death whether quick or slow.  I've always thought to myself that I don't want to see my death coming.  

It's weird to me that this happens in Canada, the godless city of Montreal no less. There are daily campers with pamphlets at the main metro stations as well. 

My life has gotten very weird lately with coincidences and other stuff, where I start to question the "meaning", of things. 

• sobercuban likes this

#43 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,736 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

It's weird to me that this happens in Canada, the godless city of Montreal no less. There are daily campers with pamphlets at the main metro stations as well. 

My life has gotten very weird lately with coincidences and other stuff, where I start to question the "meaning", of things. 

Yeah, the level of ridiculous coincidences in my life is off the charts.  If there's anything that could start me asking spiritual questions it would be incredibly unlikely coincidences.  

• chons likes this

#44 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,670 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

Yeah, the level of ridiculous coincidences in my life is off the charts.  If there's anything that could start me asking spiritual questions it would be incredibly unlikely coincidences.  

I've been hanging out with someone lately and it's like we are the same people, to an unnerving degree. Our names are even the **** same!

• sobercuban likes this

#45 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 54,736 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

I've been hanging out with someone lately and it's like we are the same people, to an unnerving degree. Our names are even the **** same!

I had a buddy named Ben who was like that... I miss him, he let heroin destroy him for a few years and did a fair amount of prison time.  I have no idea if he's still alive, last time I heard from him was briefly 6 years ago.. 

#46 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,670 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

I had a buddy named Ben who was like that... I miss him, he let heroin destroy him for a few years and did a fair amount of prison time.  I have no idea if he's still alive, last time I heard from him was briefly 6 years ago.. 

Sad. I have friends currently going down this road, but with alcohol, my uber-close friend included. 

• sobercuban likes this

#47 NikkiNeversleep

NikkiNeversleep

• Free
  • 8,881 posts
  • LocationZion

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

Eh, it is but it isn't in the case of the faith that he follows.

#48 NikkiNeversleep

NikkiNeversleep

• Free
  • 8,881 posts
  • LocationZion

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

In this thread:

People who think religion is good vs people who think it's dumb.  

Good luck with that.  

I fall on neither side, I consider it outdated personally not "dumb." Just a relic from another time, a bit like the pope himself.

• sobercuban likes this

#49 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:21 PM

I believe in nothing and am perfectly happy with that. Both the notion of god and the notion of evolution have more holes in them than Dimebag Darrel.

However, arguing about it is stupid. Because for those who believe, no proof is necessary and for those that don't believe, no proof is possible.
  • crangs, MoZZez and NikkiNeversleep like this

#50 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 35,276 posts
  • LocationCajun Country

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:18 AM

Although many are absolutists to the point of denial of sound reason when it comes to religious dogma i don't really look at people that follow religion or spirituality as necessarily illogical anymore but i used to subscribe to that view very much so. 

I kinda look at it now as it being a framework & or ritual practices as an exercise for a person to better themselves, find meaning & clarity to things that are important to them on a deeper level than just going through life aimlessly reacting to what's on the surface. It's like a journey to discover some answers you may seek by looking deep within and you can use outside sources for that to stimulate growth. It doesn't even matter to me if it's a bit of a mind fk trick but the journey of self discovery and a better understanding of a fuller spectrum of the nature of things and people in order to better yourself and enrich the lives of those around you is what's important. 

Where it gets odd & or wrong imo is when people get so enthralled with any one dogma as if it's the be all end all cookie cutter and i just think life and people are far more complex than that. Once you make up your mind about something that it's definitely this or definitely that well as soon as you try to definitely define something it can will slip away and you'll be missing something about it that you could have really learned something valuable from. 

Even a person's morale principles and beliefs don't always have to be so incredibly rigid to where it's impractical in the real world. The world is filled with constantly changing circumstances and many variables so there is no one size fits all approach as far as i'm concerned. Generally speaking it's ok to follow some universal principles that work but don't be trapped by them or they will own you. If you can't be a little flexible sometimes even if it goes against your principles that you may hold true then you are gonna come across a lot more situations where you will make mistakes that could have been avoided. 

So my take is i try not to outright dismiss things as a whole because i know i can find gems in just about any doctrine or system of beliefs. I may find parts of something that have some real use for me in giving me deeper meaning, a more rich understanding and i can apply what i learn from that to my own lifestyle as an individual. 

I annoy people sometimes with this philosophy because while i am a skeptical, critical, analytical person i'm not so quick to cast judgement and draw absolute conclusion like lines in the sand as much as many other people i encounter so it makes them uncomfortable i guess because they don't know how to define or label my views but i kinda like it that way. I'm also the first to admit i don't have it all figured out and i never want to be the person that stops learning about how things work be it myself, others or the world around me because i don't want to become so rigidly indoctrinated in my own biases and perception on things. 

Sorry for the tl;dr but i got up early this morning & i got my introvert brainstorming cap on. lol

Edited by StompGrind, 12 October 2017 - 03:15 AM.

• NikkiNeversleep and MauroPedrosa like this