Sign in to follow this  
VertFTW

Frankie OUT of title fight at UFC 218

Max says he's fighting Detroit no matter what...

He better plan on keeping that belt...

Good that Max still wants to fight. Just seen a few times guys pull out of their title opportunity and it ends up slipping them by.

• Like 1

Cruz Rivera gone from 219 as well. Bad day today. If they were really desperate they could give it to Riv he definitely deserves a big fight but it won't happen. Aldo 2 makes more sense than Lamas 2 so expect we see that.

Good that Max still wants to fight. Just seen a few times guys pull out of their title opportunity and it ends up slipping them by.

He's already the champ though?

• Like 1

He's already the champ though?

I was meaning on Frankie's end. Been a few cases of guys pulling out of a title shot and they end up never getting it, just hope Frankie gets one more crack at the belt.

• Like 1

I was meaning on Frankie's end. Been a few cases of guys pulling out of a title shot and they end up never getting it, just hope Frankie gets one more crack at the belt.

Ah okay, I misunderstood.

Definitely unfortunate timing. Not sure how many years Frankie has left.

It's frankie edgar obviously he has history as 155 champ but he's always getting shots.

Ah okay, I misunderstood.

Definitely unfortunate timing. Not sure how many years Frankie has left.

Yeah I think he likely still gets his shot but father time's coming for Frankie.

It's frankie edgar obviously he has history as 155 champ but he's always getting shots.

Don't get me wrong I know he's becoming a bit like Faber the amount of title shots he's had lol but I like his chances a lot more against Max than I did Aldo.

Don't get me wrong I know he's becoming a bit like Faber the amount of title shots he's had lol but I like his chances a lot more against Max than I did Aldo.

Yeah I get that, would like to see Max vs Edgar as well. When you look at the division though only real contenders are Aldo and Edgar. Aldo just lost and will probably now get his rematch. Cub and Lamas have fought Holloway and lost, as to with Aldo. Edgar has beaten Cub, a suspended Mendes derailed the Yair hype but lost to Aldo twice as well. Division needs some new blood which is why it's important Ortega fights, so Cub won't get this. You have Yair and Doo hype but both coming of a L and a injured Zombie. Micheal Johnson has talked about coming down, didn't work for Pettis. See how the division plays out.

My guess is Max Aldo 2 but if Aldo wins could leave the division in a worse place, having said that I'd back Max against Aldo and Edgar think Holloway Edgar is the fight.

Aldo Lamas booked.

Cub Ortega booked.

Highest ranked not fighting is Korean Zombie. Book it.

Good shout. Max H vs TKZ could be frickin awesome.

I concur, get it booked

Can only give you kawajira..

Dias had massive hype train behind him at the time, cub was responsible for derailing it..

And the most recent fights were fight of night regardless what you think

but i think that is your man's point.

Any top 10 would have run through those guys, not been awarded fight of the night

I'm ****ing starting this give KZ the shot. Dana listen the people have spoken.

Good point Vert is he fit?

Unreal fight though.

Can only give you kawajira..

Dias had massive hype train behind him at the time, cub was responsible for derailing it..

And the most recent fights were fight of night regardless what you think

Dias had already lost to Lamas and Lentz and was coming off of a split decision "win" over the great Levan Makashvili. Only idiots like you thought there was any kind of hype train

Id rather see TJ defend his belt

In this new UFC world, fighters start looking to win other belts before defending the one they just won.

This is the McGregor Era, back to the WWF.

• Like 1