Sign in to follow this  
AndyWang

Conor at Bellator event, pushes ref Marc Goddard

Not sure of the entire story, but remember Goddard was telling McGregor to stop coaching Artem and to act professional a couple of events ago.

• Like 1

I don't know what the commission situation is in Dublin, but I would suspect a suspension would fall to the UFC, and let's be honest... They're not going to suspend their only draw, even though he absolutely deserves it for that.

• Like 2

i personally think Conor was just upset that Bellator scammed the irish audience by putting in AJ McKee as the main event once Gallagher got hurt. Used the McKee name to make irish ticket buyers think they were seeing an irish guy and they end up with a black wrestler

• Like 1

goddard vs mcgregor at ufc 219

or at least have mcgregor vs ferguson with goddard as the referee and goddard and tony can both team up to beat conor down.

• Like 3

I don't know what the commission situation is in Dublin, but I would suspect a suspension would fall to the UFC, and let's be honest... They're not going to suspend their only draw, even though he absolutely deserves it for that.

How does a suspension hurt a guy that doesnt wanna fight?

• Like 5

if i was marc goddard, i would claim injury and make up a story about having nightmares every day involving conor jumping over my fence and murdering me, and then i would sue the pants off conor for assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress,  and then live the rest of my life driving bentleys and pampering myself the fook right up

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

didnt Roy Nelson get suspended when he shoved Big John??

I think so. I definitely remember an incident between the two, and something happening with Nelson, and the Brazilian commission.

Goddard pushed him first he was celebrating his team mates win ffs. Tell him to "leave the cage this is none of your business" instead of pushing him for no reason. You don't push/attack a fighter unless he is attacking you first. Refs aren't all mighty some tend to forget that.

• Like 2

this idiot acts like a bafoon and gets away with it meanwhile GSP is apologizing for saying "balls"

**** needs a lesson on humility 

• Like 5

Causing a **** storm in the cage. Literally tripped over and knocked over the recovering downed fighter.

Owes the event, the ref, and especially the fighter he stepped on an apology. 

Money can't buy class.

• Like 2

It might not. But it would send a message to others.

No others are that stupid, careless or untouchable to the extent that they feel they can do whatever without consequence

• Like 1

didnt Roy Nelson get suspended when he shoved Big John??

I don't think he was suspended but do think he was fined.  HOWEVER - he was actually involved in a fight and wasn't a random turd that jumped in to insert himself into it.

UFC allowed Conor to become this machine that says what he wants, does what he wants, whenever and wherever he wants without consequence.  They will have a reason why not to have a consequence - will be a baldy lie and coverup blaming someone else.  Had they not paid him 20 to 100X what they pay anyone else, MayMac wouldn't have happened and he would have not had the bargaining power that he currently does.  They are under his thumb.  

I don't think he was suspended but do think he was fined. HOWEVER - he was actually involved in a fight and wasn't a random turd that jumped in to insert himself into it.

UFC allowed Conor to become this machine that says what he wants, does what he wants, whenever and wherever he wants without consequence. They will have a reason why not to have a consequence - will be a baldy lie and coverup blaming someone else. Had they not paid him 20 to 100X what they pay anyone else, MayMac wouldn't have happened and he would have not had the bargaining power that he currently does. They are under his thumb.

He and GSP are the only big time headliners the UFC has now. So as long as thats true Conor can do what he wants. The UFC need him more than he needs them

• Like 1

Goddard was out of line. This isn't Conor's fault.

Conor isn't even supposed to be in the cage. He wasn't a corner man, he was just another idiot in the crowd and thought he could rush the cage before people were allowed on there.
  • Like 4

Conor isn't even supposed to be in the cage. He wasn't a corner man, he was just another idiot in the crowd and thought he could rush the cage before people were allowed on there.

Mark Goddard knows damn well who Conor McGregor is.. C'mon now.
  • Like 2

Mark Goddard knows damn well who Conor McGregor is.. C'mon now.

That doesn't matter. After the fight the ref is required to check on the health of both fighters. No one is allowed in the cage until he is allowed a chance to do that. Which is why they wait a moment to open the cage for the corner men.
  • Like 3

Regarding Roy Nelson, I believe he ended up with a 6 month suspension and a small fine.

Regarding Conor, this might be the most action we get from him for a long time.

• Like 1

Causing a **** storm in the cage. Literally tripped over and knocked over the recovering downed fighter.

Owes the event, the ref, and especially the fighter he stepped on an apology.

Money can't buy class.

And Conor seems to be in overwhelming debt.

Edited by Joby
  • Like 1

Here's a thought....did bellator set Connor up ?

Spike in ratings... potential UFC sanction....hmm where's their punishment?

and in turn UFC set anderson up, spiked his piss to deflect this Conor talk

• Like 3

Great news for the Comber Stans. He'll be fighting again 3x a year moving forward to pay off his debts after he gets sued into poverty.