Sign in to follow this  
AndyWang

Conor at Bellator event, pushes ref Marc Goddard

this is supposed to be a punishment?? thats a great saturday night

My point. He doesn't get punished.

I don't understand though, how they can suspend him. If that were Brian Douglas that leaped the cage, he wouldn't have been suspended from his duties- as wouldn't you or I have been from ours. 

It wasn't a ufc event.  

My point. He doesn't get punished.

I don't understand though, how they can suspend him. If that were Brian Douglas that leaped the cage, he wouldn't have been suspended from his duties- as wouldn't you or I have been from ours. 

It wasn't a ufc event.  

well commissions all work together usually to hold up bans. At least aside from Japan, they follow protocol everywhere. Dana has always been pretty straight forward when it comes to putting your hands on a ref

• Like 1

Brock

Brock is currently training for his survivor series match with AJ Styles, he has no time for these heavyweight cans of the ufc

Edited by AndyWang

Brock is currently training for his survivor series match with AJ Styles, he has no time for these heavyweight cans of the ufc

I couldn't care less about wwe. He was coming back for jones, just throw some $$$ at him. Him and Stipe.

I couldn't care less about wwe. He was coming back for jones, just throw some $$$ at him. Him and Stipe.

Nobody cares about a fat roided can that cant take a punch.

• Like 2

Dana was supposedly negotiating it, there was very little options.

Yeah but its pretty much a given Conor only fights once per year from here on out.

It was an assault and not on a fighter but a ref,he could be sued for a lot.

The owner was careful to note is an assault,so yeah they might be working on a lawsuit.

It was an assault and not on a fighter but a ref,he could be sued for a lot.

The owner was careful to note is an assault,so yeah they might be working on a lawsuit.

true but goddard did visibly push conor first. Conor however shouldn't have been in the cage. If i suddenly leaped the cage wall at a ufc event i would likely be banned for life, if i did that and shoved a ref i would be sued for sure. Conor wasnt supposed to be in that cage, he wasnt in any fighters corner.

Edited by PunchBag

lol @ the contrarians that think Conor will get punished.

If anything he will get called out by Dana for giving Bellator free publicity.

I find it hilarious how Conor fans always think they know whats going to happen with him
  • Like 3

I find it hilarious how Conor fans always think they know whats going to happen with him

Especially ones that have been watching for probably six months of their life.

• Like 2

I'd love to see McGoober go on about a 5 fight losing streak, all finishes.

wont happen, conor has so much money and star power he can hand pick cans to fight and he can retire whenever he feels like it

Edited by PunchBag

wont happen, conor has so much money and star power he can hand pick cans to fight and he can retire whenever he feels like it

I know you're right, doesn't change the fact that I'm sick of his no-class act.

• Like 2

You think he will get punished? and if so what? lol.....

If the commission punishes him, Dana will follow the punishment. His buisness lives or dies on their being on good terms and you dont **** where you eat.

He will be lucky to not be sued by individuals for assault. The referees job is to protect the fighters and pushing someone running into the cage is doing just that. McGregor has no case to be in their, on the cage or touching anyone around it.

If the commission punishes him, Dana will follow the punishment. His buisness lives or dies on their being on good terms and you dont **** where you eat.

He will be lucky to not be sued by individuals for assault. The referees job is to protect the fighters and pushing someone running into the cage is doing just that. McGregor has no case to be in their, on the cage or touching anyone around it.

Whats will the punishment be iyoo

He would probably do us and himself a favor in retiring. Obviously he doesn't want to fight anymore and he has plenty of money. All he's doing at this point is holding on to a belt he can't legitimatly defend.

I'm pretty sure his star power is fading rapidly the guy was last heard of losing a boxing match and disappointing most of his deluded uneducated fanbase. And there's no way he will ever get a fight as lucrative as his trip to boxing.

• Like 1

vert, its pretty simple to understand why he should be punished and im a conor fan

NBA players are suspended and fined for getting onto the court if they leave the bench. Do I think the UFC wants to punish him?? Obviously not but they have to follow the commission ruling everywhere. If they didnt care about commissions, they would host every event in Japan

How would it look had anyone from the stands jumped into the pool to celebrate a Phelps win??? Conor wasnt even a licensed corner, he was a spectator in the front row. Are you saying at Conors next fight, it should be perfectly legal for any guy to jump into the cage to go hug Conor???

WHY THE HELL DID I PICK YOU IN THE TOURNEY FOR MY TEAM!!!!!!

Edited by AndyWang
  • Like 3

ABC President puts out a statement.

While the Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation (MTDAR) was regulating Bellator 187 in Dublin, Ireland, on November 10, 2017, the following events took place during the Ward vs Redmond bout.

Mr. Conor McGregor who was a spectator at the time, disrupted the event by scaling the cage prior to the conclusion of the bout. Mr. McGregor’s conduct jeopardized the health and safety of the bout participants by delaying necessary medical attention to the fighters that were injured during the round.

In addition, Mr. McGregor assaulted Referee Mark Goddard and a Bellator staff.

The MTDAR has been in consultation with the upper management of the UFC regarding Mr. McGregor’s inappropriate and unacceptable behavior.

The MTDAR has also contacted members of the Association of Boxing Commissioners that have licensed Mr. McGregor in their jurisdictions to inform them of Mr. McGregor’s behavior.

Commissions are like state or local police, in that their jurisdiction is limited. Just as a California State Highway Patrolman cannot ticket someone in Connecticut, commissions are restricted to regulating licensed fighters, and McGregor is not licensed by MTDAR.

Still, he entered the cage to celebrate with his winning SBGi teammate Charlie Ward, shoved Marc Goddard and got in his face when the referee tried to restore order. In the ensuing melee, the losing John Redmond was knocked down as he tried to rise in a dazed state. Then McGregor was ushered out, and tried to vault the fence again, slapping Bellator staffer Mike Johnson in the face. You can’t do that, any of that, even if you’re Conor McGregor.

TLDR version: acting commission president says that McGregor endangered the fighter and assaulted two people. He contacted the UFC and other commissions.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/11/16637482/abc-president-mike-mazzulli-conor-mcgregor-jeopardized-health-of-participants-assaulted-referee

• Like 2

Conor will get a 6 mo suspension and will be back in June/July period....which would have been the plan for him to fight again anyways...

nothing to see here folks...

Conor will get a 6 mo suspension and will be back in June/July period....which would have been the plan for him to fight again anyways...

nothing to see here folks...

this is classic vert, ladies and gentleman

ends up saying what we were telling him from the beginning and we wonder why we even bothered poking the bear

• Like 3

ABC President puts out a statement.

While the Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation (MTDAR) was regulating Bellator 187 in Dublin, Ireland, on November 10, 2017, the following events took place during the Ward vs Redmond bout.

Mr. Conor McGregor who was a spectator at the time, disrupted the event by scaling the cage prior to the conclusion of the bout. Mr. McGregor’s conduct jeopardized the health and safety of the bout participants by delaying necessary medical attention to the fighters that were injured during the round.

In addition, Mr. McGregor assaulted Referee Mark Goddard and a Bellator staff.

The MTDAR has been in consultation with the upper management of the UFC regarding Mr. McGregor’s inappropriate and unacceptable behavior.

The MTDAR has also contacted members of the Association of Boxing Commissioners that have licensed Mr. McGregor in their jurisdictions to inform them of Mr. McGregor’s behavior.

Commissions are like state or local police, in that their jurisdiction is limited. Just as a California State Highway Patrolman cannot ticket someone in Connecticut, commissions are restricted to regulating licensed fighters, and McGregor is not licensed by MTDAR.

Still, he entered the cage to celebrate with his winning SBGi teammate Charlie Ward, shoved Marc Goddard and got in his face when the referee tried to restore order. In the ensuing melee, the losing John Redmond was knocked down as he tried to rise in a dazed state. Then McGregor was ushered out, and tried to vault the fence again, slapping Bellator staffer Mike Johnson in the face. You can’t do that, any of that, even if you’re Conor McGregor.

TLDR version: acting commission president says that McGregor endangered the fighter and assaulted two people. He contacted the UFC and other commissions.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/11/16637482/abc-president-mike-mazzulli-conor-mcgregor-jeopardized-health-of-participants-assaulted-referee

also saying that what he did may be treated as any normal citizen, eg assault, public nuisance, disturbance of sporting event etc.

This is literally the most exciting thing that's happened in bellator. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a work and Conor got some €€€

• Like 1

I'll rephrase slightly. Certainly in England the first time proper casual people that don't know this would have heard of bellator. In regards to bellator the last time I watched it was their NYC carr which was crap. Just saying it's good media attention for them.

Edited by JSW

UFC wanted him on Dec 30th

yeah, that was never going to happen. lol

hi vert

Seán Sheehan @SeanSheehanBA

Mike Mazzulli tells @arielhelwani that the UFC informed him that Conor McGregor was going to be on the December 30th card but has been pulled from that spot because of his actions at Bellator 187

• Like 1

I'll rephrase slightly. Certainly in England the first time proper casual people that don't know this would have heard of bellator. In regards to bellator the last time I watched it was their NYC carr which was crap. Just saying it's good media attention for them.

thought so