Photo

Anyone else want Jihad Jim flying you around in a personal plane?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

Uber signed a deal with NASA Wednesday to help develop traffic systems for its flying car project which it hopes to start testing in 2020.
The ride-hailing service published details of its "on demand aviation" ambitions last year which it has called Uber Elevate.
It is now stepping up its efforts to make the project a reality. Uber said at the Web Summit tech conference in Lisbon that it signed a Space Act Agreement with NASA for the development of "unmanned traffic management." This is NASA's push to figure out how unmanned aerial systems (UAS), such as drones that fly at a low altitude, can operate safely.

Uber wants to make vertical take-off and landing vehicles. That will allow their flying cars to take off and land vertically. They will fly at a low altitude.
This is the start-up's first partnership with a U.S. federal government agency. NASA is also working with other companies to develop traffic management for these low altitude vehicles.
"UberAir will be performing far more flights on a daily basis than it has ever been done before. Doing this safely and efficiently is going to require a foundational change in airspace management technologies," Jeff Holden, chief product officer at Uber, said in a statement on Wednesday.
"Combining Uber's software engineering expertise with NASA's decades of airspace experience to tackle this is a crucial step forward for Uber Elevate."
The NASA deal is the latest in a series of partnerships Uber has struck to get UberAir — which is what the new service is called — off the ground.
Earlier this year it said it was working with authorities in Dallas-Fort Worth and Dubai to bring its flying taxis to those cities. It also signed partnerships with aircraft manufacturers and real estate companies to figure out where the take off and landing sites for the flying cars could be.
Uber said Wednesday that it also plans to trial the project in Los Angeles in 2020 along with the already announced cities. The company expects the price of a trip to be competitive with the same journey if done using UberX. It is aiming to get the flying taxi service up before the 2028 Olympics in Los Angeles.

#2 Eclipse76

Eclipse76

HEECLIPSE RETURNS !!!

• Free
  • 5,481 posts
  • LocationSylvan Lake

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

I don't trust most of these bumbling idiots on the ground let alone the air... .

Hard no....
  • Decompoze, IrishSemtex, jaybird86 and 1 other like this

Mirko(The Croatian Sensation) Cro-Cop (Favorite HW) Win or Lose !!

Rampage on the way back to the Title!!

Bas Rutten.. Greatest!! Nuff said. Fedor = G.O.A.T.

http://forums.ufcfig...-i-was-eclipse/

conair.gif?w=780

#3 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

I don't trust most of these bumbling idiots on the ground let alone the air... .

Hard no....

I just picture all the Muslim cab drivers out there flying around in mini choppers and it makes me uneasy.
  • Decompoze, Eclipse76, IrishSemtex and 1 other like this

#4 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Ultimate
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:46 PM

I work in transportation and need roads and bridge construction to prosper... Uber should stick this idea up their @ss.
  • Eclipse76 likes this

#5 IrishSemtex

IrishSemtex
  • Free
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:38 AM

I don't want ANY flying cars around! I'm cool with them hovering a few feet above the ground, essentially eliminating the need for tires and constant road repair, but hell to the naw on flying around in the air. People can't even drive the same direction on the same geographical plane without accidents.
  • Eclipse76 likes this
Jenna didn't tap.

Mauro will not divide us.

#6 OzPride

OzPride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 23,305 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:27 AM

you're a piece of chit Islamaphobe coward.
  • DP_and_TSU_DPed_JP likes this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#7 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:38 AM

you're a piece of chit Islamaphobe coward.

If you're saying I dislike muslims and think they are pieces of chit.

Then yes, you're correct.

I also don't care if you think that's wrong or not.

Nice chat. Glad we could have it.

#8 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 51,999 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

Ahh the list is growing

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster

#9 OzPride

OzPride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 23,305 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:43 PM

lol you are such a scared little puss.

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#10 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:49 PM

lol you are such a scared little puss.

That it? You all done now?
  • freddievanhalen3 likes this

#11 OzPride

OzPride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 23,305 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:59 PM

That it? You all done now?

nope. why you so scared of a few billion people when your own redneck mates have killed 100 times more people on your own soil?

v4MjFdj.png

#12 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:10 PM

nope. why you so scared of a few billion people when your own redneck mates have killed 100 times more people on your own soil?

You can say scared over and over it doesn't make it reality. Sorry for that.

To answer your question. Muslims are pieces of chit to me. Granted the only interaction I've had with them personally was in GTMO where the LOLs were flying as they baked in the Cuban sun, but based on that interaction and me not giving a chit or having the time to figure of out if they are extremist or not. I just happily dislike them all equally. :)

#13 OzPride

OzPride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 23,305 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:28 PM

To answer your question. Muslims are pieces of chit to me. Granted the only interaction I've had with them personally was in GTMO where the LOLs were flying as they baked in the Cuban sun, but based on that interaction and me not giving a chit or having the time to figure of out if they are extremist or not. I just happily dislike them all equally. :)

lol @ you claiming to having been in GTMO. so you're a scared puss AND a liar. how did I not notice that!?

v4MjFdj.png

#14 OzPride

OzPride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 23,305 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

lol @ you claiming to having been in GTMO. so you're a scared puss AND a liar. how did I not notice that!?

edit Nevermind you're a fking 17er. moving right along

v4MjFdj.png

#15 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

edit Nevermind you're a fking 17er. moving right along

You're absoluetly right. I'm a 17er. Yep.

Now, I will happily go back to what I was doing and you can happily go back to being a dude, on a forum full of dudes, begging for another dude to come back.

All is right in the world.

#16 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 51,999 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

Can we get a list of people you hate starting with the people you hate the most

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#17 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:34 PM

Can we get a list of people you hate starting with the people you hate the most

Anyone who is generally a burden on society. It's not really a list.
  • freddievanhalen3 and TwennyFo like this

#18 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 51,999 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:36 PM

Anyone who is generally a burden on society. It's not really a list.

Oh poop... what do you think about Chinese people? Or Mexicans?

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#19 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:40 PM

Oh poop... what do you think about Chinese people? Or Mexicans?

Good at math and good at selling fruit?
  • TwennyFo likes this

#20 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 51,999 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

Good at math and good at selling fruit?

Figured

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#21 OzPride

OzPride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 23,305 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:57 PM

You're absoluetly right. I'm a 17er. Yep.

Now, I will happily go back to what I was doing and you can happily go back to being a dude, on a forum full of dudes, begging for another dude to come back.

All is right in the world.

lol

keep being a weak, narrow minded bigot. I'll leave you to it now Nancy. :)

v4MjFdj.png

#22 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:04 PM

lol

keep being a weak, narrow minded bigot. I'll leave you to it now Nancy. :)

I will. Thanks.

#23 TwennyFo

TwennyFo
  • Free
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:52 AM

In a nutshell, rednecks kill independently of each other, muslims kill in accordance with each other through a shared belief system, so even if only 1% of the worlds muslims want to kill us that's still 16 million potential killers out there.

Personally, although i believe the number of muslims willing to actually carry out terrorist acts is much much smaller, that still leaves a helluva lot of people actively looking to kill us. 

A more pressing concern to me is the increasing number of self identifying muslim politicians spreading across the Western world.

Islam at it's heart is a political ideology, a theocratic dogmatic system which sits totally opposed to Western democratic values. It is passed of by the Media and successive governments as a religion and nothing more, thereby affording it protection under the law from the kind of scrutiny and criticism it would have to endure as a political system. 

Islam is the worlds fastest growing religion accounting for some 23% of the world population. As their number's spread across a Western world increasingly willing to bend the knee, it's inevitable that their political power will rise too, and unless Islam goes through some form of reformation, which is highly unlikely, your kids and grand'kids will be the ones to suffer the consequences. 

• jaybird86 likes this

conair.gif?w=780

#24 TwennyFo

TwennyFo
  • Free
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:55 AM

And to answer the op.

I don't want jihadi jim even on a pushbike, lol. I much prefer them wrapped up nicely in a body bag.

• IrishSemtex likes this

conair.gif?w=780

#25 OzPride

OzPride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 23,305 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:57 AM

In a nutshell, rednecks kill independently of each other, muslims kill in accordance with each other through a shared belief system, so even if only 1% of the worlds muslims want to kill us that's still 16 million potential killers out there.

Personally, although i believe the number of muslims willing to actually carry out terrorist acts is much much smaller, that still leaves a helluva lot of people actively looking to kill us.

A more pressing concern to me is the increasing number of self identifying muslim politicians spreading across the Western world.

Islam at it's heart is a political ideology, a theocratic dogmatic system which sits totally opposed to Western democratic values. It is passed of by the Media and successive governments as a religion and nothing more, thereby affording it protection under the law from the kind of scrutiny and criticism it would have to endure as a political system.

Islam is the worlds fastest growing religion accounting for some 23% of the world population. As their number's spread across a Western world increasingly willing to bend the knee, it's inevitable that their political power will rise too, and unless Islam goes through some form of reformation, which is highly unlikely, your kids and grand'kids will be the ones to suffer the consequences.

Its 0.03% actually

v4MjFdj.png