Sign in to follow this  
VertFTW

Anthony petttis should retire

He's in that weird place with Miller and Melendez now. They're like Top 15 gatekeepers that can probably only hope to derail incoming hype trains and maybe pick each other off to see who can survive the longest. Really sad to see how far the mighty have fallen. Three years ago, Anthony and Gilbert were fighting for the title.

Hia fighting style has some GOAT match-ups in Bellator LW & fw not even kidding.

He can't make FW and Michael Chandler would kill him.  He could go beat up Bendo again...

Time to return that Benz SUV.  He's going to need his money.  He could be a kicking and BJJ teacher but his boxing and wrestling are the worst in the division.

• Like 1

There's no shame in losing to Poirier and they put on one of the most amazing fights I've ever seen. Anyone honestly chitting on him for that performance should close their CoC in a car door.

• Like 4

I don't think pettis will hold a belt again. But neither will 99% of the rosta. I'm struggling to remember the last time he was in a dull fight. Dude is prepared to bleed heavily for our entertainment and do crazy stuff. No way he should retire any time soon.

Frankly, all mma fans won with that fight last night. Hespect to both men.

• Like 3

dude...last time he lost he said he had a broken hand as an excuse lol...

I hate when fighters make excuses.

Like when a fighter pops for roids and blames it on a tainted supplement.

Just sickens me.

• Like 1

Impossibru...

no+hands+-+slurmed.com.jpg

Aren't you the same guy crying in another thread because I bet on Poirier? Then you post the same low level trolling post as the rest.. lol
  • Like 1

Aren't you the same guy crying in another thread because I bet on Poirier? Then you post the same low level trolling post as the rest.. lol

I know you have a problem with truth... it's not part of your reality. I picked Dustin to win and didn't bet on Pettis. I also didn't start a thread spewing nonsense.
  • Like 1

I hate when fighters make excuses.

Like when a fighter pops for roids and blames it on a tainted supplement.

Just sickens me.

a black man in his 20's needing penis pills was the one excuse that had me rolling over the most

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 3

Just going to be like Cowboy, even Anderson Silva before he popped this week. Filler, big name, gatekeeper, whatever that term is for someone that gives that up and coming fighter their push. He still has a place

I'm pretty sure he just made that up out of thin air.

Showtime's last fight was in July, and he hammered Jim Miller.

lol, your reading comprehension is LOL bad...

Didnt Pettis claim he had a broken hand when he got beat by that pineapple eating pos(max)?

lol, your reading comprehension is LOL bad...

Didnt Pettis claim he had a broken hand when he got beat by that pineapple eating pos(max)?

Your grammar, spelling, and overall intellect borders on retardation.

Showtime didn't make any "excuses" when he lost to Max. He took it with class, unlike that turd Romero when he got bodied by Whittaker.

• Like 2

Showtime didn't make any "excuses" when he lost to Max. He took it with class, unlike that turd Romero when he got bodied by Whittaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epwW-7bSBPU

HaHaHaHa see min 1:40 onwards..

Edited by VertFTW
  • Like 1

Pettis should have to fight one of the guys trying to break in to the top 15 just now.

James Vick would be a good fight next fight for Pettis.

Edited by Jolldan

Pettis should have to fight one of the guys trying to break in to the top 15 just now.

James Vick would be a good fight next fight for Pettis.

Not a bad shout but I think he'd lose that. Could just go fight the old guys like Sanchez, Guida, Miller, Lauzon or others like that now

• Like 1

I doubt pettis can afford to retire, he was at the very top at one point and believed in his own hype, i doubt he planned for the future. Guy got a serious reality check after the jds fight.