Relationships with large age difference

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:28 AM

Can these work? Know of any success stories? Think 10-15 year gap. 

• Eclipse76 likes this

#2 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 20,185 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:38 AM

My relationship falls just below that

• Eclipse76, sobercuban and chons like this

#3 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:38 AM

My parents' failed :P 14 year gap.

Edited by amunera, 12 November 2017 - 07:41 AM.

• chons likes this

Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez
conair.gif?w=780

#4 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:40 AM

My ol lady is 24 and I'm 36, been together 5 years and so far so good.
  • chons and skillandpower like this
34pz2qh.jpg

#5 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 35,445 posts
  • LocationCajun Country

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:41 AM

My mother and father had 13 yr gap. He was 32 and she was 19 when they met. They were married over 45+ yrs. 

Of course they can work and they can not work. 

• Eclipse76 and chons like this
Within each of us there is a silence, A silence as vast as the universe.
And when we experience that silence, We remember who we are.

#6 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 7,365 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:43 AM

it doesnt matter to me.  thats why i've modified my bed with wheelchair accessibility.

• PunchBag, IRT., chons and 1 other like this

#7 xFINISHxHIMx

xFINISHxHIMx

UNDISPUTED EA UFC 2 FORUM CHAMPION

• Free
  • 37,241 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

Male 10-15 years older is good for a man. The opposite is weird. My last GF was 19 my current one is 28. My oldest one tbh.
  • chons likes this

I'm not the best… I just believe that I can do things that people think are impossible.

And at least I am no former Junkie that is all that matters.

#8 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:55 AM

My mother and father had 13 yr gap. He was 32 and she was 19 when they met. They were married over 45+ yrs. 

Of course they can work and they can not work. 

Cool!

#9 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 35,445 posts
  • LocationCajun Country

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:58 AM

Me personally i wouldn't even try seeing someone more than 10 yrs younger.....Unless they're very mature for their age, we have a lot in common but just as many differences in the right places to balance each other out. 

The 20's something yr olds that i've d8'ed i haven't found that...at all. lol

#10 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:03 AM

Me personally i wouldn't even try seeing someone more than 10 yrs younger.....Unless they're very mature for their age, we have a lot in common but just as many differences in the right places to balance each other out. 

The 20's something yr olds that i've d8'ed i haven't found that...at all. lol

I'm 15 years older than the other person, which I think is the biggest issue between us. It's getting harder and harder to stop what seems to be flowing naturally though. Maturity seems about the same and we have a huge amount in common, to a WTF degree. 

• StompGrind and Eclipse76 like this

#11 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 35,445 posts
  • LocationCajun Country

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:25 AM

I'm 15 years older than the other person, which I think is the biggest issue between us. It's getting harder and harder to stop what seems to be flowing naturally though. Maturity seems about the same and we have a huge amount in common, to a WTF degree. 

I thought you were married m8? 

• chons likes this

#12 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 25,248 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:33 AM

I'm 11 years older than Mrs sparks and we've been happily married for almost 10 years. It's never an issue.

Some friends of ours have 19 years between them. It seems to be a bit more of a challenge - they've just had a kid and he's really struggling...maybe that's more an issue of having your first kids when you're nearly 50 though, rather than the age gap per se.

I guess an age gap in itself shouldn't be an issue, but the consequences of one (such as differing priorities, wanting different things from life etc) are what needs exploring.

Good luck chons!

Edited by Bubba_Sparks, 12 November 2017 - 08:33 AM.

Winning coach of 2016 Camps League - Team FRANKLIN

Chief of the Rich "Ace" Franklin fan-club

Founder of the welcoming/rehabillitation team

rich-franklin.jpg

#13 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

I thought you were married m8? 

It's complicated and I have certain permissions. I'm not doing anything outside of our agreements. 

• StompGrind likes this

#14 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 35,445 posts
  • LocationCajun Country

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:53 AM

It's complicated and I have certain permissions. I'm not doing anything outside of our agreements. 

Gotcha. 

That would probably be my #1 fantasy relationship. To be in a love triangle with two women....but i'd have to be ok with them being open to occasionally wanting other women ( <YASSS!!! ) or other men ( <Cringe ) in the relationship which i'm not ok with because i'm an insecure sexist pig that wants them all for myself. lol

• chons likes this

#15 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

p4p best poster on the forum

• Free
  • 7,732 posts
  • Locationdon't worry about it

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:57 AM

When I was in my early 20s, I dated older women. In their 30s and early 40s. Best sex, and they wanted it all the time. Now I date women my age.
  • chons likes this

#16 King_IRT

King_IRT

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 24,742 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:42 AM

Can these work? Know of any success stories? Think 10-15 year gap. 

you mean when she was 5 and I was 20?

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#17 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:03 AM

you mean when she was 5 and I was 20?

Your getting into Alabama Judge territory there!

#18 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:05 AM

My wife and me are 7 years apart.

Anything can work if you make it work. Anything can fail if you let it fail.

Relationships always need two people working towards a common goal. If one person starts dropping that ball, any excuse or reason around can split you up. These days relationships are thrown away far to easy because people will jump to the next one and the next one. If 15 years works for you, then who cares what everyone else is doing or done.

• chons likes this

#19 Yerbo

Yerbo
  • Free
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:49 AM

It really depends how old you both are. A 10 year difference if you are 30 and 40 might be a bit much whereas 50 and 60 might be more manageable.

• chons likes this

#20 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 7,910 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:02 AM

I've dated a few women older than me not many much younger I can think about.

Agree with a few posts here that's it's really just depends.

The only one I'm not really a fan of and this just from couples I'd seen at that age was when the chick is like 16 or 17 and the dude is like 25+. I'm not gonna lie when I was 16/17 and you seen that, that dude was usually classed as the weird older dude by everyone at the party lol.

Once you are both in your 20s I'm pretty neutral. I know for a fact at 20 I would have been no use in relationship with a mature woman but people grow up at different rates most I bet usually faster than me lol.

Edited by Jolldan, 12 November 2017 - 11:03 AM.

• chons and TheGreatCatpiss like this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#21 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

I'm 11 years older than Mrs sparks and we've been happily married for almost 10 years. It's never an issue.

Some friends of ours have 19 years between them. It seems to be a bit more of a challenge - they've just had a kid and he's really struggling...maybe that's more an issue of having your first kids when you're nearly 50 though, rather than the age gap per se.

I guess an age gap in itself shouldn't be an issue, but the consequences of one (such as differing priorities, wanting different things from life etc) are what needs exploring.

Good luck chons!

Thanks, B. 

Right now it seems fine, but then I think about being 60 and she'll be 45, which is how old I am now. That's when it get's weird and I start to wonder. 

• Bubba_Sparks likes this

#22 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 55,502 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

My relationship falls just below that

This

my wife and I are 9.5 years apart

post-406774-0-12678100-1439418105.gif

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#23 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

Gotcha. 

That would probably be my #1 fantasy relationship. To be in a love triangle with two women....but i'd have to be ok with them being open to occasionally wanting other women ( <YASSS!!! ) or other men ( <Cringe ) in the relationship which i'm not ok with because i'm an insecure sexist pig that wants them all for myself. lol

Well, without getting into too much TMI territory... none of that will be going on. If this goes to the next level, I can't be married to someone else. 

I've never had a "real", relationship because of the piss poor way in which I dealt with my issues. So, this is pretty new for me in a lot of ways. We've been getting to know each other for the past year, without crossing any lines physically. We're in pretty **** deep though. Meh. 

#24 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:33 PM

This

my wife and I are 9.5 years apart

My wife is 8 years older than me, it feels like 40. 

We are straight up just friends though, it's more like the odd couple (does anybody know that show?), than anything else. 

• sobercuban likes this

#25 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 25,248 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

Thanks, B.

Right now it seems fine, but then I think about being 60 and she'll be 45, which is how old I am now. That's when it get's weird and I start to wonder.

I think being with someone younger than you keeps you young. Most of my friends are quite a bit younger than me as well...plus I make sure I stay healthy so that the age gap doesn't manifest itself physically.

People age differently both physically and in outlook. My mum often moans about a friend of hers who's 65 and just stays in all the time (there's nothing physically wrong with her btw). Meanwhile my 72 yo mum plays table tennis twice a week and hosts people for dinner most weekends.

Age is just a number...
  • chons likes this

rich-franklin.jpg

#26 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

I think being with someone younger than you keeps you young. Most of my friends are quite a bit younger than me as well...plus I make sure I stay healthy so that the age gap doesn't manifest itself physically.

People age differently both physically and in outlook. My mum often moans about a friend of hers who's 65 and just stays in all the time (there's nothing physically wrong with her btw). Meanwhile my 72 yo mum plays table tennis twice a week and hosts people for dinner most weekends.

Age is just a number...

I agree with all of your opinions here, I just feel a bit selfish. Like... of course I can say age is just a number, when I'm the older one. 

I'm tip-top, with no aches and pains and plan to go kicking and screaming before I succumb to being "old". 

#27 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 25,248 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:50 PM

I agree with all of your opinions here, I just feel a bit selfish. Like... of course I can say age is just a number, when I'm the older one.

I'm tip-top, with no aches and pains and plan to go kicking and screaming before I succumb to being "old".

I guess it's only selfish if you're not open about it. I agonised about the age thing before I asked Mrs sparks out and it turned out she'd thought about it for about 5 minutes and decided it was no biggie. You might find it's less of an issue than you think for the other person.
  • chons likes this

rich-franklin.jpg

#28 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

I guess it's only selfish if you're not open about it. I agonised about the age thing before I asked Mrs sparks out and it turned out she'd thought about it for about 5 minutes and decided it was no biggie. You might find it's less of an issue than you think for the other person.

It's an issue for both of us and was brought up last night. Both of us also have our guard up a bit. The big fear is that the friendship goes to ****. 

#29 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 35,445 posts
  • LocationCajun Country

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:28 PM

Well, without getting into too much TMI territory... none of that will be going on. If this goes to the next level, I can't be married to someone else. 

I've never had a "real", relationship because of the piss poor way in which I dealt with my issues. So, this is pretty new for me in a lot of ways. We've been getting to know each other for the past year, without crossing any lines physically. We're in pretty **** deep though. Meh. 

Now i'm confused but i don't wanna pry. 

If you can't be married to someone else then stay married. If your marriage isn't enough then why stay married? 

First woman i fell in love with i had VERY strong feelings for someone else whom i was more physically attracted to and felt like i possibly connected more with them intellectually and emotionally than the person i was with. I knew that other person had some strong feelings for me that she'd be willing to entertain had i been single and i was torn and wanted both at the same time but i knew neither one would have been open to that so i never brought it up because that would have been selfish on my part already knowing how they felt about open relationships. 

IDK. Like you said it's complicated. You don't always get to pick who you fall in and out of love with and sometimes there are strong  feels for more than one. lol

Me thinks at some point you gonna have to choose who is just friend and who is lover and friend and go for whomever is more of a match. Best of luck. 

#30 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Ultimate
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:17 PM

Thanks, B. 

As long as she is willing to change your diapers when she is 65 to 70, you're good.

• chons likes this

#31 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Ultimate
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:20 PM

I agree with all of your opinions here, I just feel a bit selfish. Like... of course I can say age is just a number, when I'm the older one. 

If it isn't a problem, why make it a problem or introduce negative thoughts.  Roll with what works, until it doesn't work.  Dwelling about things that may become issues, creates issues.

• juice64011 and chons like this

#32 Eclipse76

Eclipse76

HEECLIPSE RETURNS !!!

• Free
  • 5,487 posts
  • LocationSylvan Lake

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:07 PM

I'm still head over heels in love with my ex girlfriend who is 15 years younger.. she still loves me too..just isn't the right time for us..

I would like to think one day...

And I defiantly would like to think that those situations work out
  • fobar, sobercuban, chons and 3 others like this

Mirko(The Croatian Sensation) Cro-Cop (Favorite HW) Win or Lose !!

Rampage on the way back to the Title!!

Bas Rutten.. Greatest!! Nuff said. Fedor = G.O.A.T.

http://forums.ufcfig...-i-was-eclipse/

conair.gif?w=780

#33 fobar

fobar

The Mongoose

• Free
  • 60,145 posts
  • LocationRuffley

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:18 PM

my GF is 20 and seeing her just over a month so early days but fooking amazing.

she is going to be starting moving in every other week, depending weather she gets a job here or brighton that is

happy days

• MoZZez, Eclipse76, sobercuban and 2 others like this
 conair.gif?w=780

The Chad went outside, got too much sun and burst into flames, igniting the Canadian forested wilderness which is now causing an Eclipse.

lmao! I had that experience once. Light's out, drunk didn't even notice it. When i went to the bathroom i wondered why my mouth tasted like copper. Started brushing my teeth and noticed when i spat out it was red then it hit me. Walked back into the bedroom turned the lights on and there were red finger prints on the wall, sheets were rekt and she was cleaning herself with a towel. I almost got upset at first for not telling me but i was like oh well zero **** given. 

#34 NoCakeForYaya

NoCakeForYaya
  • Free
  • 6,028 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:13 PM

I'm still head over heels in love with my ex girlfriend who is 15 years younger.. she still loves me too..just isn't the right time for us..

I would like to think one day...

And I defiantly would like to think that those situations work out

You are THE CHAD. Of course it will 'work out', it's what you do homie!
  • Eclipse76, amunera, chons and 2 others like this

conair.gif?w=780

#35 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

Now i'm confused but i don't wanna pry. 

If you can't be married to someone else then stay married. If your marriage isn't enough then why stay married? 

First woman i fell in love with i had VERY strong feelings for someone else whom i was more physically attracted to and felt like i possibly connected more with them intellectually and emotionally than the person i was with. I knew that other person had some strong feelings for me that she'd be willing to entertain had i been single and i was torn and wanted both at the same time but i knew neither one would have been open to that so i never brought it up because that would have been selfish on my part already knowing how they felt about open relationships. 

IDK. Like you said it's complicated. You don't always get to pick who you fall in and out of love with and sometimes there are strong  feels for more than one. lol

Me thinks at some point you gonna have to choose who is just friend and who is lover and friend and go for whomever is more of a match. Best of luck. 

Neither one of us (wife), really believes in marriage. We got married for immigration purposes. 

• StompGrind and MoZZez like this

#36 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:18 PM

If it isn't a problem, why make it a problem or introduce negative thoughts.  Roll with what works, until it doesn't work.  Dwelling about things that may become issues, creates issues.

That's very Zen. I'm bringing this up, the next time the age issue comes up. 

• StompGrind, MoZZez and jaybird86 like this

#37 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 9,667 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:08 AM

Interesting topic. Yes, it works. Sometimes it can even work better than the 'normal' age frame imo.

However, I would date an older woman but I would be very skeptical dating a younger lady.

• chons likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#38 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Ultimate
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:46 AM

Interesting topic. Yes, it works. Sometimes it can even work better than the 'normal' age frame imo.

However, I would date an older woman but I would be very skeptical dating a younger lady.

golden_girls_Series_Main_Landscape_1920x

• chons and -idyb- like this

#39 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 7,732 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

Did you guys know that the daughter was actually older than the mother on golden girls in real life?

Edited by BART-O-LINI, 13 November 2017 - 11:53 AM.

• chons and jaybird86 like this

#40 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Ultimate
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:03 PM

Did you guys know that the daughter was actually older than the mother on golden girls in real life?

No - and you should be embarrassed that you know that.  Skill and Power probably knows too.

• StompGrind and TheGreatCatpiss like this

#41 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 7,365 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:40 PM

i dont even know which one to choose

• chons likes this

#42 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 7,732 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

i dont even know which one to choose

Betty White is p4p

Edited by BART-O-LINI, 13 November 2017 - 12:42 PM.

• chons and jaybird86 like this

#43 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 9,667 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:47 PM

LOL

Please, lets not take it that far m8

• freddievanhalen3, chons and jaybird86 like this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#44 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

694.jpg

• chons, DP_and_TSU_DPed_JP and jaybird86 like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#45 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:52 AM

694.jpg

19 isn't pedo bear worthy.

Don't let me ever see you disrespecting pedo bear like this again. He is an internet legend and doesn't have time for your foolishness.
  • MauroPedrosa likes this
34pz2qh.jpg

#46 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:00 AM

19 isn't pedo bear worthy.

Don't let me ever see you disrespecting pedo bear like this again. He is an internet legend and doesn't have time for your foolishness.

Don't worry, my dad & mom have a bigger age gap.

• sobercuban, chons and SmoothCriminal like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#47 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 55,502 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:03 AM

Until this year, when my wife turned 26, I'd never banged a chick over the age of 25

• Eclipse76, chons, MauroPedrosa and 1 other like this

post-406774-0-12678100-1439418105.gif

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#48 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:58 AM

This is why my guard is up. This is the only part where age comes into play in my mind, where I feel like I'm really sure of what I want because of those extra fifteen years.

• skillandpower likes this

#49 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 7,365 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:38 AM

Don't worry, my dad & mom have a bigger age gap.

homie i dont wanna hear about your moms gap

#50 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Ultimate
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:59 AM

homie i dont wanna hear about your moms gap

I wouldn't mind hearing...

DO tell