Had an idea for a new one, thought I would see if there was enough interest to get this one going. Probably wait till either December or start of the year to get it going since the Prediction League is just starting again.
1. Players select one unranked fighter from every division (I will probably exclude Women's Flyweight and Featherweight since I don't know if they will be fully up and running by then and there isn't really enough depth yet.)
2. No picking fighters who are already currently ranked at a weight class and are away to move up or down to another.
3. After the initial process of selecting your fighters you can recruit one new UR fighter every week.
4. Winners will be decided by who's chosen contenders can rise highest in to the UFC rankings. They will be measured firstly by who can get the most fighters in to the rankings, secondly by the combined lowest total of all your rankings and thirdly if still tied by who has the single lowest ranked fighter.
- For example lets say its Bubba vs. Juice in the final game this will decide the winner and Bubba and Juice have both ended up with 5 ranked fighters.
- Bubba's fighter's are ranked 4th, 8th, 10th, 11th and 15th. While Juice's fighters are ranked 1st, 2nd, 15th, 15th and 15th. Both Bubba & Juice would have a score of 48.
- Juice would be declared the winner as his highest ranked fighter is above Bubba's.
Not sure if this has been done before just thought it would be an interesting idea since everyone will start on equal footing.
It could offer some interesting tactics as well because choosing someone like Mike Perry even though he's very likely to crack top 15 shortly could take longer with such a stacked division like Welterweight.
But people could probably sneak in new ranked fighter at divisions with less depth like Flyweight or Light heavyweight.
Just looking to get numbers now see if enough people are interested?
Edited by Jolldan, 15 November 2017 - 12:52 AM.