Had an idea for a new one, thought I would see if there was enough interest to get this one going. Probably wait till either December or start of the year to get it going since the Prediction League is just starting again.
1. Players select one unranked fighter from every division (I will probably exclude Women's Flyweight and Featherweight since I don't know if they will be fully up and running by then and there isn't really enough depth yet.)
2. No picking fighters who are already currently ranked at a weight class and are away to move up or down to another.
3. No fighters who are suspended will be eligible to use. Pretty sure Machida was still ranked in the top 15 when he was suspended even though he didn't get dropped right back in to the rankings when he returned it could produce some unfair advantages.
4. Posters will be given 24 hours to make their pick. If picks are not made in the 24 hour timeframe you forfeit your pick (this will help get the game going reasonably quickly. If we let everyone pick at their own leisure we'd likely be waiting months to get started.)
5. After the initial process of selecting your fighters you can recruit one new UR fighter every week.
6. If you edit your post in any way when choosing a fighter the pick is totally voided.
7. You cannot pick a fighter who has just won over the weekend until the next weeks rankings come out. (this is to avoid people picking up underdogs who be get a big unexpected win and then jump up the rankings.)
8. Winners will be decided by who's chosen contenders can rise highest in to the UFC rankings. They will be measured firstly by who can get the most fighters in to the rankings, secondly by the combined lowest total of all your rankings and thirdly if still tied by who has the single lowest ranked fighter.
- For example lets say its Bubba vs. Juice in the final game this will decide the winner and Bubba and Juice have both ended up with 5 ranked fighters.
- Bubba's fighter's are ranked 4th, 8th, 10th, 11th and 15th. While Juice's fighters are ranked 1st, 2nd, 15th, 15th and 15th. Both Bubba & Juice would have a score of 48.
- Juice would be declared the winner as his highest ranked fighter is above Bubba's.
Not sure if this has been done before just thought it would be an interesting idea since everyone will start on equal footing.
It could offer some interesting tactics as well because choosing someone like Mike Perry even though he's very likely to crack top 15 shortly could take longer with such a stacked division like Welterweight.
But people could probably sneak in new ranked fighter at divisions with less depth like Flyweight or Light heavyweight.
Just looking to get numbers now see if enough people are interested?
Most Ranked Fighters
1. Jolldan 13#Thiago Santos, 12#Matheus Nicolau, 14#Sarah Moras, 9#Cody Stamann, 11#Ashlee Evans-Smith, 11#Antonio Carlos Jr, 12#Andrea Lee, 14#Dan Hooker, 9#Israel Adesanya 11#Alexander Volkanovski
2. Oz 13#Lucie Pudilova 14#Shamil Abdurahimov, 13#Zabit Magomedsharipov, 11#Leon Edwards
3. Rastajambo 10# Brad Tavares 11#Lina Lansberg, 15#Angela Hill. Andy Wang 8#Jessica Eye, 15# Sam Alvey, 9#Tatiana Suarez. Bigdw35 9#Aspen Ladd, 15#Elias Theodorou, 13#Alejandro Perez
4. JSW 14#Alex Oliveira, 11#Dominick Reyes. Kookork 10#Tai Tuivasa, 13#Alexander Hernandez,
5. Graham_240 13#Nina Ansaroff. Undisputed16 15#Justin Willis.
Greg Jackson Award - Most Wins
1. Jolldan 32 wins
2. Andy Wang 18 wins
3. Undisputed16 12 wins
4. JSW, Rastajambo 8 wins
5. Oz 7 wins
6. Kookork,Bigdw35 5 wins
7. Graham_240 3 wins
The Let Me Bang Bro Award - Most Finishes
1. Jolldan 19 finishes
2. Andy Wang 10 finishes
3. JSW 6 finishes
4. Rastajambo 5 finishes
5. Undisputed16, Oz 4 finishes
6. Kookork, bigdw35 2 finishes
Bragging Rights Award - Most wins against other posters (Beating another posters fighters permits you a second pick that week, the pick must be made the week after the win and these bonus picks cannot be saved for a later date.)
1. Jolldan 5 wins
2. Oz, Andy Wang 4 wins
3. JSW, Rastajambo 3 wins
4. Undisputed16, Kookork, 2 wins
Khabib's Injured Eating Tiramisu Award - Most fighters pulled out injured
King of the Cans Award - Most Loses
1. JSW, Jolldan 11 loses
2. Undisputed16 10 loses
3. Kookork 8 loses
4. Oz 5 loses
5. Bigdw35 4 loses
6. Rastajambo, Andy Wang, Graham_240 3 loses
Edited by Jolldan, 17 July 2018 - 12:19 AM.