Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

After KO of Diego Sanchez, Matt Brown gets called out for another fight

xMatt-Brown-1.png.pagespeed.ic.VWGTeFLxk

“To be honest, I’m not even thinking about it right now,” Matt Brown told MMAjunkie shortly after his win. “It’s not even really a thought in my mind. I’m thinking about enjoying tonight, and we’ll talk about it later.”

If Brown does indeed decide against retirement, then he seems to have a willing opponent for his next bout: veteran slugger Siyar Bahadurzada. Bahadurzada called Brown out on Twitter on Monday morning.

Hey [Matt Brown] if you’re still fighting, take some rest and let’s fight end of January or early February,” Bahadurzada said on Twitter. “I’ll give you a proper goodbye from the sport. Don’t bring your wife and kids to the fight this time. You’re a smart man. You know what I mean! #YouWillBeUnimmortalized”

• Like 1

I lol at he notion Brown says he feels better than ever.He beat a nobody,yeah of course he feels better winning instead of losing but that win was meaningless.

I lol at he notion Brown says he feels better than ever.He beat a nobody,yeah of course he feels better winning instead of losing but that win was meaningless.

Lol, it was his retirement fight, ya goof! He's obviously not trying to move up the rankings towards a title shot.

• Like 1

I think this is pretty lame.

Basically, because he won in highlight fashion the he is no longer retiring just yet ? What if he had lost ?

To be fair, that can cut promos before the fight saying he had such a great camp that he felt he wouldn't fold to body shots and might want to keep fighting.

• Like 1

Ready to retire until beats a smaller, battle-worn Sanchez now thinking about not retiring.

Just go out on a good win and be done before you get yourself hurt.

Ready to retire until beats a smaller, battle-worn Sanchez now thinking about not retiring.

Just go out on a good win and be done before you get yourself hurt.

Its easy for us to say but his reality is that he doesn't have anything to move onto. I don't see him as a coach so his next bet is to completely switch careers when he's only known fighting for over a decade.

To be fair, that can cut promos before the fight saying he had such a great camp that he felt he wouldn't fold to body shots and might want to keep fighting.

I get it but I still think it was kinda lame.