Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:39 AM

soundsgood.jpg

• TheSinisterUrge and Jolldan like this

#52 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,316 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:39 AM

You do not get it. You can't just build new cities into deserts and other land that fast. First it takes time, second it costs money which most countries do the have... this isn't sim city dummy.

Who said anything about building cities?

Me and millions of other people live far away from any city and we prosper just fine.

This may be shocking to you, but you don't have to have everything 100ft from you to survive.
  • TheSinisterUrge likes this
34pz2qh.jpg

#53 xFINISHxHIMx

xFINISHxHIMx

UNDISPUTED EA UFC 2 FORUM CHAMPION

• Free
  • 37,308 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

Who said anything about building cities?
Me and millions of other people live far away from any city and we prosper just fine.
This may be shocking to you, but you don't have to have everything 100ft from you to survive.

Are you dumb? Where do you think will the next 7billion live on the moon? India is full AF. No money. Sri Lanka full no money. Most of these people will flee to the West. Idiot. And we will have to expand our cities. Not America of course you have that trump wall by then.

I'm not the best… I just believe that I can do things that people think are impossible.

And at least I am no former Junkie that is all that matters.

#54 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 55,575 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:45 AM

Mental midget lmao you look like a gnome next to TSU and about your mental state check my signature I haven't changed it.

I'd rather be a junkie than a moron.  

• TheSinisterUrge and DP_and_TSU_DPed_JP like this

post-406774-0-12678100-1439418105.gif

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#55 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 55,575 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:46 AM

Also, unlike you, I don't need to lie for attention:

post-406774-0-93860200-1510677992.jpg

If you'd like page by page photos of my last exam, I'll be happy to present them.

Attached Files

• Attached File  math.jpg   62.89KB   0 downloads

• TheSinisterUrge and DP_and_TSU_DPed_JP like this

#56 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,316 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:47 AM

Are you dumb? Where do you think will the next 7billion live on the moon? India is full AF. No money. Sri Lanka full no money. Most of these people will flee to the West. Idiot. And we will have to expand our cities. Not America of course you have that trump wall by then.

I quit reading at "Where do you think the will next 7 billion people live"

Anyone writing that bad has to be too full of rustle to think clearly.
  • TheSinisterUrge likes this
34pz2qh.jpg

#57 TheSinisterUrge

TheSinisterUrge

12er's Favorite Hillbilly

• Free
  • 12,441 posts
  • LocationHampton Roads, VA

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

Do you ever say something that is close ton truth.

Sober can't even math I remember when that guy was asking for math help online lmao get out my face with your BBC facts.

Says the guy who claimed Japan's population DOUBLED from 80 to 130 million.
  • juice64011, sobercuban and xFINISHxHIMx like this

conair.gif?w=780

post-406774-0-78553500-1451782790.jpg

#58 TheSinisterUrge

TheSinisterUrge

• Free
  • 12,441 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:46 AM

Mental midget lmao you look like a gnome next to TSU and about your mental state check my signature I haven't changed it.

What does that have to do with you having the dumbs?

conair.gif?w=780

#59 xFINISHxHIMx

xFINISHxHIMx

• Free
  • 37,308 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:35 PM

What does that have to do with you having the dumbs?

I refuse to accept an insult like mental midget coming from a guy who #1 looks like a midget and #2 wasnt mentally strong enough to say no to drugs and is still taking drugs despite his drug history. That is all.

I'm not the best… I just believe that I can do things that people think are impossible.

#60 xFINISHxHIMx

xFINISHxHIMx

• Free
  • 37,308 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

Says the guy who claimed Japan's population DOUBLED from 80 to 130 million.

That's almost double and I think I said almost doubled.

#61 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 13,277 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:06 PM

My takeaway from this is it has nothing to do with creating more living space for people, but escaping the current political landscape. Obviously only the very wealthy will be able to afford to live there, tax free, do what you want. It could end up becoming bioshock lel

As for the room thing... were not running out of room for people, our population could double and we could still have room for more, what we wouldnt have is the farming land to support those people with current methods which are already reaching long term unsustainability.
  • amunera likes this
nicolas_cage_breeze.0.gif

#62 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 25,321 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:57 PM

Oh my....

This argument about population density whilst being quite entertaining is not really the point of this floating city - it's not about population explosion, it's about getting away from political control, which typically goes hand in hand with owning land.  I quite like the idea of small off-shore developments that are free from those kind of shackles.  Some bright spark even proposed building a "World Cup Floating Island" - a purpose built island that would host the Football (Soccer) World Cup every time, thus avoiding expensive stadia being built all over the place and then never used again.

As for room....the world is surprisingly unbuilt up.  There was a recent land use survey in the UK that showed that less than 6% of the country is built upon (it's quite interesting...have a read).  The challenge for the world will be resources, not places to live, so floating cities unfortunately won't solve that issue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41901294

Btw, don't worry about Japan....their population is actually shrinking, and is now less than it was 20 years ago.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks, 14 November 2017 - 01:58 PM.

• amunera and DP_and_TSU_DPed_JP like this

Winning coach of 2016 Camps League - Team FRANKLIN

Chief of the Rich "Ace" Franklin fan-club

Founder of the welcoming/rehabillitation team

rich-franklin.jpg

#63 sobercuban

sobercuban

Laugh it up!

• Moderators
  • 55,575 posts
  • LocationYer face

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:07 PM

I refuse to accept an insult like mental midget coming from a guy who #1 looks like a midget and #2 wasnt mentally strong enough to say no to drugs and is still taking drugs despite his drug history. That is all.

None of that has anything to do with you being a complete dumb-****.

I would literally eat a bullet if I was as stupid as you.  I would certainly eat a bullet if I woke up AS you.  

• IrishSemtex likes this

#64 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 12,948 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:56 PM

now oyu can just throw all your litter and trash in the sea instead of the street

Edited by PunchBag, 14 November 2017 - 02:56 PM.

brZ51I9.jpg

#65 TheSinisterUrge

TheSinisterUrge

• Free
  • 12,441 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:55 PM

It was posted in the Internet so it must be true... yet you have countries like Japan that have doubled their population in the last 50 years from 80mill to 130mill make it 200mill in another 30 years. China even tripled it. This happens faster than people think. We're lucky that Africa is for the most part so **** poor. Sucks for those kids there, but its good for us. And that's the truth nobody wants to hear.

No "almost" in sight. Also, China had a population of 667mil 50 years ago, now it has 1.3bil. That is what doubling your population looks like and you claimed it TRIPLED! Are you using Common Core Math or some retarded Bavarian version of it?

You wonder why people gang up on you, this is a prime example of why. If you talk out of your butt loudly and with the kind of conviction that can only be born from ignorance, people are going to counter you. And if you double down on your ignorance and add belligerence, you will be met in kind and those people will continue to treat you this way.

conair.gif?w=780

#66 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 35,458 posts
  • LocationCajun Country

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:22 PM

I'm surprised there aren't many of these yet. I can remember reading popular mechanics magazines and such well over a decade ago talking about floating cities and i think i remember over 5 yrs ago something was already in the works with a small city built on cargo containers with lots of people in Hollywood investing in renting out condo's on it. 

Within each of us there is a silence, A silence as vast as the universe.
And when we experience that silence, We remember who we are.

#67 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 7,574 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

what the **** are they gonna build the city on top of? a cork? a city sized life raft?

they should name the city Atlantis 2.   its gonna sink to the bottom of the ocean

there is no way i would invest any money, live or even want to visit that place lol

Edited by -idyb-, 14 November 2017 - 04:30 PM.

#68 PokesJones

PokesJones
  • Free
  • 579 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:50 PM

There is enough empty space on earth for 40 billion. Resources will run out, but not land.

I consider both of them as the same thing as they go hand in hand.  Also, I think when we talk about land, we talk about desirable, inhabitable land. 

Much of the land is currently needed for resources.  For example, forests are being cleared, which is likely impacting our climate.  As the population increases, we may need more land for food and clean air.

And yes, people can move closer and closer together but that also puts a strain on resources.  California was scaring people that we would run out of clean drinking water just a year ago.  Some of this can and will be fixed with technological improvements, of course.

Edited by PokesJones, 14 November 2017 - 05:53 PM.