Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Aussie Catholic School Forced To Cordon Off New Eyebrow-Raising Statue

religious statue unveiled at a school last week in Australia has been raising eyebrows and forcing staff to cordon it off.

The school clearly hadn't thought the seemingly innocent statue through - and you'll soon see why.

The statue is of St Martin de Porres passing a loaf of bread down to a young child, who is kneeling at his feet. We've never seen such a badly judged placement of a loaf of bread.

23668252_319299778550601_906491100947021

You couldn't make this **** up.

Blackfriars Priory School, a Catholic school in Adelaide, had decided to commission a statue of St Martin de Porres, a Dominican brother known for helping the down and out of the 16th century. What a guy.

After the outrage, the school initially covered the statue up with a black cloth, only to later completely cordon it off. Now just the very top of St Martin de Porres'head can be seen from behind the screen.

The principal of the school, Simon Cobiac, later apologised for "any concerns and publicity generated by this matter".

He also said that a local artist has been commissioned to redesign the statue, which was originally produced by a sculptor in Vietnam and had been approved by the school way back in May.

• Like 6

Catholics.  I guess hiding all the abhorrent behavior within the cult and defending the devils within is no longer working so they are going with flaunting it instead...

• Like 1

In 1922, the Catholic Church wrote guidance on how to proceed when one of their own is charged with one of these sex crimes.  The document has been rewritten a couple times and I think is much more to do with the cover up of such cases.  It's pretty pathetic that this behavior has been going on for nearly 100 years and hidden by these monsters.  Sorry to all good Catholics but your leaders are rubbish.

Crimen sollicitationis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimen_sollicitationis

• Like 2

In 1922, the Catholic Church wrote guidance on how to proceed when one of their own is charged with one of these sex crimes.  The document has been rewritten a couple times and I think is much more to do with the cover up of such cases.  It's pretty pathetic that this behavior has been going on for nearly 100 years and hidden by these monsters.  Sorry to all good Catholics but your leaders are rubbish.

Crimen sollicitationis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimen_sollicitationis

Thats horrible!

we used to have a statue of a naked man with some luggage bags beside him  on a roundabout here.  it was awful. the city wasted alot of money on it too.   he was castrated at least twice before they finally covered him up.  and still it drew alot of heat so they shipped it to the next village over where nobody will really see it

frank.jpg

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

we used to have a statue of a naked man with some luggage bags beside him on a roundabout here. it was awful. the city wasted alot of money on it too. he was castrated at least twice before they finally covered him up. and still it drew alot of heat so they shipped it to the next village over where nobody will really see it

frank.jpg

Lolcanada

"thats a thick loaf there Father"

"it's the body of Christ, kid. open that pretty mouth"

Couldn't resist could you!?!?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i hope some of you are clearing your internet history before family and friends are over tomorrow for thanksgiving

thanksgiving was last month m8

• Like 1

why doesnt it count?  we like to eat turkey, drink beer, and watch our athletes throw an oval around too bro.

• Like 1

why doesnt it count?  we like to eat turkey, drink beer, and watch our athletes throw an oval around too bro.

I’m sold. It counts. You still need to f$ck over your Inuits or natives though so it can really count

yeah i never understood why americans consider it a holiday to celebrate the slaughtering of a bunch of indians and stealing their land.

• Like 1

thats not a very big loaf of bread for starving children smh.

looks like a footlong.

cracking-opena-cold-one-with-the-boys-ip

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

I’m sold. It counts. You still need to f$ck over your Inuits or natives though so it can really count

Don't worry, they definitely got screwed.

• Like 1