• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Douglass

Douglass

#1 P4P

• Banned
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:49 PM

and what is the one thing that we ABSOLUTLEY know about God?....

that he is a creator.

we are all creators. 

discuss.  thank you. 

Edited by Douglass, 01 December 2017 - 07:50 PM.

• WrongBet likes this

i am bananas.

#2 Teemu

Teemu
  • Free
  • 8,540 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:56 PM

wut up douglass

• Eclipse76, Douglass and -idyb- like this

Teemu just made Ignition grab the comb.

Teemu and I regularly play poker together, you've never had the honor of playing with the great one, now **** off you casual.

BLgAINK.png

#3 Douglass

Douglass

#1 P4P

• Banned
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:03 PM

wut up douglass

smokin some herbs, watching the fights.  whats up, teemu?

• Teemu likes this

i am bananas.

#4 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 29,143 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:06 PM

smokin some herbs, watching the fights, making awful threads.  whats up, teemu?

Fixed
  • crangs, Eclipse76, IrishSemtex and 10 others like this

#5 Douglass

Douglass

#1 P4P

• Banned
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:18 PM

Fixed

care to explain how we went from an abacus 500 years ago to a samsung galaxy 8 edge today?

we made it.... out of thin air.  sure we had help from aliens (serious technology explosion after roswell contact), but God created those too.

pls discuss.

• Fred_Flink_Stoned likes this

i am bananas.

#6 Jacob2790

Jacob2790
  • Free
  • 288 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

Taking ancient fairy tales seriously here I see, to each their own I guess  

Edited by Jacob2790, 01 December 2017 - 08:55 PM.

#7 Teemu

Teemu
  • Free
  • 8,540 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:59 PM

smokin some herbs, watching the fights.  whats up, teemu?

same

• Douglass likes this

Teemu just made Ignition grab the comb.

Teemu and I regularly play poker together, you've never had the honor of playing with the great one, now **** off you casual.

BLgAINK.png

#8 sobercorrupt

sobercorrupt

THE NOTORIOUS

• Moderators
  • 59,230 posts
  • LocationD-Block

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:36 PM

That's what she said

post-406774-0-12678100-1439418105.gif

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#9 TheGreatCatpiss

TheGreatCatpiss
  • Free
  • 594 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:13 PM

Is that why I got so fat?

• sobercorrupt and cashfl0w like this

#10 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 12,542 posts
  • Location๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜GSP's #1 Fan โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:00 AM

Fixed

i almost reported your post for excessive trolling, but then i realised that for once it wasnt directed towards me

• sobercorrupt and Teemu like this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping.

#11 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,084 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

what kind of paint do u buy 

• BEG, TheSinisterUrge, cashfl0w and 1 other like this

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#12 sobercorrupt

sobercorrupt

THE NOTORIOUS

• Moderators
  • 59,230 posts
  • LocationD-Block

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

what kind of paint do u buy 

Seems like a silver man to me.  

• Ozpride, King_Can!, TheSinisterUrge and 2 others like this

#13 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,084 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:12 AM

Seems like a silver man to me.  

heheheh

• sobercorrupt and TheSinisterUrge like this

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#14 BigDaddyDelta

BigDaddyDelta

VP of the Clit

• Free
  • 5,788 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:43 PM

This right here is why you shouldn't smoke crack
  • SVTContour98, TheSinisterUrge, PlatinumClegg and 2 others like this

giphy.gif

#15 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

p4p best poster on the forum

• Free
  • 8,639 posts
  • Locationdon't worry about it

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

No such thing as god, sorry.
  • Yerbo, TheSinisterUrge, PlatinumClegg and 1 other like this

#16 Jason_H.

Jason_H.
  • Free
  • 9,928 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:40 PM

New discovery shows a million year old rock has a human or humanoid foot print which would indicate we were here longer than we thought. 

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the Bubba_Sparks Welcoming/Rehabillitation Team

#17 12erโ„ข

12erโ„ข

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 55,852 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:40 PM

Brian has started smoking salvia again. :(

• Eclipse76, TheSinisterUrge, Druncle_Polo and 3 others like this

post-406774-0-33798100-1483399020.jpg

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#18 Douglass

Douglass

#1 P4P

• Banned
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:51 PM

Brian has started smoking salvia again. :(

a good friend of mine was a star wars geek like you.  i played sports and did athletic stuff while he sat around and watched star wars and star trek and alien over and over.  it always used to amuse me (and still does); when he gets angry and tries to puff up.  nothing like a dork trying to act hardcore like hes been to jail because he had to go to court on some misdemeanor ****.

i guess what im saying is this:  its funny when you try to act edgy for your friends because youre a self confirmed "neo maxi zoon dweebie" -to use a quote fron 'the breakfast club'.

"i can see you getting all bunged up for them making you wear those kind of clothes" too.

have a good evening, fletcher.

• BART-O-LINI, TheSinisterUrge and xFINISHxHIMx like this

i am bananas.

#19 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

a good friend of mine was a star wars geek like you. i played sports and did athletic stuff while he sat around and watched star wars and star trek and alien over and over. it always used to amuse me (and still does); when he gets angry and tries to puff up. nothing like a dork trying to act hardcore like hes been to jail because he had to go to court on some misdemeanor ****.

i guess what im saying is this: its funny when you try to act edgy for your friends because youre a self confirmed "neo maxi zoon dweebie" -to use a quote fron 'the breakfast club'.

"i can see you getting all bunged up for them making you wear those kind of clothes" too.

tenor.gif
  • Eclipse76, BEG, TheSinisterUrge and 1 other like this

#20 xFINISHxHIMx

xFINISHxHIMx

Banned

• Banned
  • 38,017 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

a good friend of mine was a star wars geek like you. i played sports and did athletic stuff while he sat around and watched star wars and star trek and alien over and over. it always used to amuse me (and still does); when he gets angry and tries to puff up. nothing like a dork trying to act hardcore like hes been to jail because he had to go to court on some misdemeanor ****.

i guess what im saying is this: its funny when you try to act edgy for your friends because youre a self confirmed "neo maxi zoon dweebie" -to use a quote fron 'the breakfast club'.

REKT!!!
  • Eclipse76, TheSinisterUrge and Douglass like this

#21 sobercorrupt

sobercorrupt

THE NOTORIOUS

• Moderators
  • 59,230 posts
  • LocationD-Block

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:03 PM

a good friend of mine was a star wars geek like you.  i played sports and did athletic stuff while he sat around and watched star wars and star trek and alien over and over.  it always used to amuse me (and still does); when he gets angry and tries to puff up.  nothing like a dork trying to act hardcore like hes been to jail because he had to go to court on some misdemeanor ****.

i guess what im saying is this:  its funny when you try to act edgy for your friends because youre a self confirmed "neo maxi zoon dweebie" -to use a quote fron 'the breakfast club'.

DougTheSavage

Geeze

• Eclipse76, BEG, TheSinisterUrge and 2 others like this

#22 12erโ„ข

12erโ„ข

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 55,852 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:08 PM

lol. One sentence got you to write a four-paragraph response. Rekt.

• Eclipse76, TheSinisterUrge, Druncle_Polo and 1 other like this

post-406774-0-33798100-1483399020.jpg

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#23 TheSinisterUrge

TheSinisterUrge

12er's Favorite Hillbilly

• Free
  • 12,846 posts
  • LocationHampton Roads, VA

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:52 AM

lol. One sentence got you to write a four-paragraph response. Rekt.

You killed his high and in his rare, lucid moment, he came back spitting fire. I salute you both.
  • Eclipse76 likes this

conair.gif?w=780

post-406774-0-78553500-1451782790.jpg

#24 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 12,542 posts
  • Location๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜GSP's #1 Fan โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:47 AM

ive been waiting for the pertect time and place to bust out this new reem gif, and nows just as good of a place as any

giphy.gif

• sobercorrupt, King_Can!, amunera and 5 others like this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#25 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Shomer Shabbos!

• Ultimate
  • 53,933 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:11 AM

ive been waiting for the pertect time and place to bust out this new reem gif, and nows just as good of a place as any

giphy.gif

That is wrong. lol

• Eclipse76, sobercorrupt, TheSinisterUrge and 2 others like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#26 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 12,542 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:24 AM

but it feels so right

• Eclipse76, sobercorrupt, amunera and 4 others like this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#27 SVTContour98

SVTContour98
  • Free
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:01 PM

that he is a creator.

we are all creators. 

discuss.  thank you. 

This reminds me of the following Joke:

Scientist: Hey, we scientists have figured out how to make life from dirt, just as described in that book of Yours, Genesis.

God: Oh yeah?

Scientist: Yep

God: Show Me.

Scientist: No problem!

So, the scientist started to gather some dirt, and just as he was about to start working with it, he was interruptedโ€ฆ

God: Hold it, stop!!

Scientist: What?

God: What are you doing?

Scientist: Iโ€™m gathering some dirt to generate life, just as described in Your book.

God: Get your own dirtโ€ฆ

The point is, God can create from nothing, where man can only create from what already exists.

• DoomPatrol and ReturnoftheSoup like this

3 Facts Everyone Must Face:

#1 If there is no God, then your life has no objective meaning.

#2 You didn't bring yourself into this World, and you cannot ultimately prevent your Death.

#3 Jesus Existed.

PM to discuss<

#28 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:29 PM

On average, I would say Christians can benchpress a hell of a lot more than atheists.
  • SVTContour98 likes this

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the People's Freedom Movement

#29 Yerbo

Yerbo
  • Free
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:07 PM

On average, I would say Christians can benchpress a hell of a lot more than atheists.

Prolly due to the weight of all the BS they've been pushing all these centuries....

• classicboxer, 12erโ„ข, Jolldan and 1 other like this

#30 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:56 PM

Prolly due to the weight of all the BS they've been pushing all these centuries....

I think a lot of atheists don't get it, which is fine. There's almost nothing in life that I "get."

I don't open doors for women because I "believe in it." I do it because it's the right thing to do. It's part of my code. I could go on, but I'm drunk. I swear to God, I'm right on this one. Probably. I might be right.

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the People's Freedom Movement

#31 Yerbo

Yerbo
  • Free
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:30 AM

I think a lot of atheists don't get it, which is fine. There's almost nothing in life that I "get."

I don't open doors for women because I "believe in it." I do it because it's the right thing to do. It's part of my code. I could go on, but I'm drunk. I swear to God, I'm right on this one. Probably. I might be right.

Get what? That there is an invisible deity controlling the universe? A deity that allows famine, disease, war and a myriad of atrocities to happen every day for what, his entertainment? To convince us to worship him in order to avoid future atrocities? Well that has proven not to work. So this deity can control everything and either does, thus causing suffering directly, or chooses not to and causes suffering indirectly, either way, not a god I'd chose to worship even if it did exist. And oh yeah, what was this god doing before he created man if we are his ultimate goal? Why wait 14 billion years? And what was he doing before that? Reading a really long book he wrote? It's ridiculous.

Not sure what your point was on opening doors because you feel it's the right thing to do, I agree, yer drunk bud hah ;)

• PlatinumClegg likes this

#32 GnosticBishop

GnosticBishop
  • Banned
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:30 AM

that he is a creator.

we are all creators. 

discuss.  thank you. 

Hi O.P.

Seems few want to discuss.

You seem to think God is a success story.

I will be putting this up shortly but thought I would see what you think.

Is God competent or incompetent?

We are told in scriptures that evil begets evil and good begets good. God, as our creator, according to scriptures, creates us all as sinners, which many see as evil.

God can thus be seen and judged as being the original sinner since the fruits of his labor (us) went bad or are born bad.  A tree is known by its fruits.  What else could come from a sinner tree but sin?

I give God a fail on competence for the following reasons.

God created heaven that produced Satan. Fail.

God created Eden which produced Original Sin. Fail.

God had to reboot creation with Noahโ€™s flood. Fail.

God sent his son to forgive mankind instead of stepping up himself. Fail, for moral reasons.

God also had to create hell for his rejects which scriptures say will be the vast majority of us. Fail.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds and if we believe that, then the Christian God would obviously be rejected by Jesus and agree with my fail judgement.

Do you agree?

Regards

DL

• DoomPatrol likes this

#33 Douglass

Douglass

#1 P4P

• Banned
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:32 PM

we create electricity from lemons!  tell me how that isnt godly!

i am bananas.

#34 Douglass

Douglass

#1 P4P

• Banned
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:33 PM

humans are minigods.  deal with it.

• GnosticBishop likes this

i am bananas.

#35 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 53,945 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:39 PM

Wut?
  • SVTContour98 and Druncle_Polo like this

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster

#36 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:51 AM

I'm surprised more women aren't at the gates asking for the bible to be changed. It says god created man in his image and then he created women from his rib. That's why men are superior. A frickin rib. The mcrib is .99 when available at McDonald's.
  • SVTContour98, I_Take_Roids_m8, Douglass and 1 other like this

#37 Jacob2790

Jacob2790
  • Free
  • 288 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

• DoomPatrol and GnosticBishop like this

#38 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 12,542 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:06 AM

I'm surprised more women aren't at the gates asking for the bible to be changed. It says god created man in his image and then he created women from his rib. That's why men are superior. A frickin rib. The mcrib is .99 when available at McDonald's.

if the feminist SJW's go cry to the vatican or whatever and try to get the religious people to change the bible, even the religious people wont take them seriously.

besides. i like the bible. ive learned a lot of cool stuff from it that puts science to shame.  for instance, i learned that jesus h. christ was born from a virgin prostitute named mary, and he could turn water into wine. and one of his buddies was 600 years old and he could split the red sea, but for some reason he decided to build a really big boat and he put two of every animal species on earth onto the boat and then they sailed on over to Victoria, BC, Canada where it rains every day of the year .    it was a good read.

Edited by -idyb-, 01 January 2018 - 08:17 AM.

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#39 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 53,945 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

This is going to get better 

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster

#40 GnosticBishop

GnosticBishop
  • Banned
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:05 AM

Good point.

Women and gays have been religions longest running victims, yet they seem to be the most fervent worshipers in those immoral, misogynist and homophobic religions. 

I can appreciate that they have the most to pray for, in terms of turning their foul religions around, but I have to wonder why women and gays just do not find a moral religion to follow.

It must be that Stockholm Syndrome where one end in loving ones abuser.

That or religions are pure tribal units the way I think they are. We are hivish creatures by instinct and religions have learned to tap into that. Con men know all the buttons to push. Bastards.

Regards

DL

#41 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Shomer Shabbos!

• Ultimate
  • 53,933 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:11 AM

Regards
DL
  • sobercorrupt, TheSinisterUrge, PlatinumClegg and 1 other like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#42 classicboxer

classicboxer

THE KING OF THE FORUM

• Free
  • 18,653 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:49 AM

If God made us in his image, wouldn't we all look the same?

• TheSinisterUrge likes this

#43 TheSinisterUrge

TheSinisterUrge

• Free
  • 12,846 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:17 AM

I always believed that the "in his image" referred to our soul and not our physical appearance. That s/he/it made the angels to help build all of creation, but they were little more than automatons. They had no free will and did exactly as they were told without deviation or personality. So, when God created mankind, s/he/it gave us a tiny spark of her/him/itself and with that we had free will and the desire to create for ourselves.

Because of that, we do not automatically love her/him/it the way the angels do and are free to either choose to do so or not. The idea of sin and the concept of reward and punishment can follow from there.

Our actions and decisions can either hurt our souls (sins like murder, theft and dishonesty corrupt us) or heal and empower our souls (positive actions like charity, love and forgiveness). That is why knowingly engaging in sinful activity makes us jaded and bitter while good actions leave you feeling more joyful and feeling positive.

Having a good soul allows you to rejoin God in Heaven but having a corrupted soul bars you from Paradise. Hell isn't a place of fire, brimstone and eternal torture and punishment, it is simply the absence of God where your eternal soul just fades away to nothing.

The terrible things that happen in our world aren't necessarily her/his/its will, but occur naturally and allow us to decide how to act. Whether to be good, or sinful in the face of disaster, disease or the atrocities of other's sin.

tl;dr Just my old philosophy on God from when I was a theist.
  • SVTContour98 and DoomPatrol like this

conair.gif?w=780

#44 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 12,542 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:18 AM

I always believed that the "in his image" referred to our soul and not our physical appearance. That s/he/it made the angels to help build all of creation, but they were little more than automatons. They had no free will and did exactly as they were told without deviation or personality. So, when God created mankind, s/he/it gave us a tiny spark of her/him/itself and with that we had free will and the desire to create for ourselves.

Because of that, we do not automatically love her/him/it the way the angels do and are free to either choose to do so or not. The idea of sin and the concept of reward and punishment can follow from there.

Our actions and decisions can either hurt our souls (sins like murder, theft and dishonesty corrupt us) or heal and empower our souls (positive actions like charity, love and forgiveness). That is why knowingly engaging in sinful activity makes us jaded and bitter while good actions leave you feeling more joyful and feeling positive.

Having a good soul allows you to rejoin God in Heaven but having a corrupted soul bars you from Paradise. Hell isn't a place of fire, brimstone and eternal torture and punishment, it is simply the absence of God where your eternal soul just fades away to nothing.

The terrible things that happen in our world aren't necessarily her/his/its will, but occur naturally and allow us to decide how to act. Whether to be good, or sinful in the face of disaster, disease or the atrocities of other's sin.

tl;dr Just my old philosophy on God from when I was a theist.

God dammit stomp!

Regards

idyb

• sobercorrupt, TheSinisterUrge, cashfl0w and 1 other like this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#45 TheSinisterUrge

TheSinisterUrge

• Free
  • 12,846 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:19 AM

God dammit stomp!

Regards
idyb

Blame the Percocets I took earlier.
  • PlatinumClegg and -idyb- like this

conair.gif?w=780

#46 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 12,542 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:20 AM

Blame the Percocets I took earlier.

hook a brother up man

Regards

idyb

• sobercorrupt, TheSinisterUrge and PlatinumClegg like this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#47 TheSinisterUrge

TheSinisterUrge

• Free
  • 12,846 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:22 AM

hook a brother up man

Regards
idyb

I'm an atheist who doesn't believe in charity.

Suck it
AB
  • StompGrind, sobercorrupt, cashfl0w and 1 other like this

conair.gif?w=780

#48 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 12,542 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:24 AM

I'm an atheist who doesn't believe in charity.

Suck it
AB

crawl back into your car fire and burn in hell for eternity, milk drinker.

KXwOqU8.gif

Regards

idyb

Edited by -idyb-, 17 March 2018 - 08:24 AM.

• SVTContour98, StompGrind, sobercorrupt and 3 others like this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#49 SVTContour98

SVTContour98
  • Free
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:56 AM

grfbg.jpg

Regards

SVT

3 Facts Everyone Must Face:

#1 If there is no God, then your life has no objective meaning.

#2 You didn't bring yourself into this World, and you cannot ultimately prevent your Death.

#3 Jesus Existed.

PM to discuss<

#50 Omoplataypus

Omoplataypus

Still Kelvins #1 fan, he'll be back

• Free
  • 16,625 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:15 PM

REKT!!!

:(