Sign in to follow this  
King_Can

DJ: TJ isn't a superfight if I can fight Sergio for the same money

Love DJ but this makes zero sense lol of course a champion vs. champion cross division fight is going to make more than whatever up and coming contender they feed him next.

• Like 3

He's not wrong, if NewFC wants a superfight then pay him for it. PPV points don't guarantee him chit. Its not like he's McCuckold who got torched but scrub Diaz and suddenly thinks he owns the company. He's the best fighter on the roster.....pay him.

• Like 1

He's not wrong, if NewFC wants a superfight then pay him for it. PPV points don't guarantee him chit. Its not like he's McCuckold who got torched but scrub Diaz and suddenly thinks he owns the company. He's the best fighter on the roster.....pay him.

How much do you feel is fair pay for DJ?

• Like 1

Love DJ but this makes zero sense lol of course a champion vs. champion cross division fight is going to make more than whatever up and coming contender they feed him next.

He wasn't talking about how much money the fight would make... He was talking about how much money he's going to make for the fight.

• Like 5

He wasn't talking about how much money the fight would make... He was talking about how much money he's going to make for the fight.

Ah I misread.

Still I would think he would make more or fighting TJ.

Damn Dana will just put your hand in your pocket and pay the man so we can see this fight already.

200,000/200,000

Sounds about right...maybe give him a small share of PPV points if he cries or brings out the race card again just to get rid of him.

Just remembers being suplexed on his head by bigger guys, i suppose

• Like 2

I agree they should pay DJ more BUT if TJ can make the 125 pound weight He is AUTOMATICALLY ahead of everyone

if DJ starts campaigning for a cejudo rematch I will quit watching the division all together 

• Like 1

lol I love that you are getting into the Christmas spirit

DJ does not want this fight

DJ does not want this fight

Obviously, he prob knows if he takes the fight it will be his last legit payday so wants more money(cant blame him). Unfortunately with pettis losing he lost any potential leverage to get out of this fight.. 

Idiot, you would make more money from the PPV points alone.

Neither fight is likely to hit the minimum number of buys for PPV payouts to kick in, so probably not.

• Like 3

Neither fight is likely to hit the minimum number of buys for PPV payouts to kick in, so probably not.

Can you remind me where you got your info? Found this and it calls out a 100k floor...even the most hideous mma ppv cards do around 100k buys nowadays....could be worth it for MM if he bothered to promote the fight with TJ or if hes paired with a legitimate champion(ie TJ lol) or another champ on same card. 

http://mmapayout.com/2007/10/ufc-pay-per-view-bonus-scale-goes-public/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaACGG8apSA

will this fight ever happen? TJ can make the weight he is automatically the #1 contender no matter how much he cries the fight shouldn't happen

Do you think the new owners will dish out enough money to DJ for the fight? or will we see another lame Cejudo MM fight

The first cejudo MM fight wasn't lame. It was pretty good actually

DJ vs TJ would sell for sure

I mean they aren't grown men but that's an awesome Co main / main event for any card

What I like most about this is that he is asked the question about fighting TJ in front of Cody, who began the whole discussion in his overconfidence of what the result in he and TJ was going to be.

HE HE HE HE!

• Like 1

I mean they aren't grown men but that's an awesome Co main / main event for any card

Its a above average interest card for non casual fans...prob adds 50k -100k more buys to any card.

he's right. you can't have a super fight with two midgets

THIS

I'm pretty sure there's a height restriction. Like amusement park rides.

• Like 2

As champ, forget it! TJ will not fight MM because the UFC will just not allow that to happen and honestly, as a champ TJ does have a division to take care of! He got his work cut out for him at BW different from MM who barely has a decent challenger lol.

MM will be forced to fight guys who he already fought (and beat) so yeah good luck selling that chit.

Who da fook wanna see MM fighting Cejudo after that 'excting performance' he had with Sergio ???

DJ and his fan's are straight scared of a legit fight he hardly beat a 14-7-1 Tim Elliott, The fact his you take DJ out of the ankle deep waters of 125 and dude probably wouldn't even ever have had more then 1 title shot much less ever became a champion 

• Like 1

As champ, forget it! TJ will not fight MM because the UFC will just not allow that to happen and honestly, as a champ TJ does have a division to take care of! He got his work cut out for him at BW different from MM who barely has a decent challenger lol.

MM will be forced to fight guys who he already fought (and beat) so yeah good luck selling that chit.

Who da fook wanna see MM fighting Cejudo after that 'excting performance' he had with Sergio ???

e3hxo.jpg

• Like 2

Can you remind me where you got your info? Found this and it calls out a 100k floor...even the most hideous mma ppv cards do around 100k buys nowadays....could be worth it for MM if he bothered to promote the fight with TJ or if hes paired with a legitimate champion(ie TJ lol) or another champ on same card. 

http://mmapayout.com/2007/10/ufc-pay-per-view-bonus-scale-goes-public/

When Eddie Alvarez was trying to get out of his Bellator deal, his contract became public through the lawsuit, and it shows PPV payouts starting at 200,000: http://mmajunkie.com/2013/01/eddie-alvarezs-ufc-offer-includes-immediate-title-shot-pay-per-view-cut

Yeah, a fight between two guys that nobody pays to watch headline PPVs... That's going to sell a ton.

• Like 2

Randy C. had a lower ppv floor though o maybe it depends on what each one negociates.

I'm sure there are variances, but I also think the difference in time is part of it as well. As time goes on, the shows get more expensive to produce, so they probably increase the floor on PPV points to account for that.

That said, Johnson ain't in anywhere near the position Randy Couture was in terms of negotiating favourable PPV bonuses, so I'd expect his PPV bonus threshold to be more on the higher end than the lower end.

• Like 1

e3hxo.jpg

I take it you didn't have any luck with the suggestions for changing your confused look from that of a sex offender?

I'm sure you could find a good Matt Lauer one too!  

I take it you didn't have any luck with the suggestions for changing your confused look from that of a sex offender?

I'm sure you could find a good Matt Lauer one too!  

didnt find a appropriate succesor.

• Like 1

Yeah, a fight between two guys that nobody pays to watch headline PPVs... That's going to sell a ton.

its a champion vs champion fight and arguably two of the greatest current champs on the roster in terms of skill, I'm sure they can find a hook

quack....

he will never be the goat unless he takes the TJ fight and wins, then moves up to avenge the loss against cruz

I don't see TJ asking for fights with Holloway.

Honestly, calling out people from a lower weight class is a b*tch move.

• Like 3

Although I agree that it is cowardly to call out someone smaller than you, TJ is going to make 125, handily so in that regard they will be the same size 

• Like 1

How if you are gonna call that little midget the P4P best ever then he should have to prove it against legit fighters... 125 in ankle deep at best the fact that you can call him the P4P best when he is the only decent fighter in that weight class is a joke... there are countless people around the world that are not even  fighters that would take this dude to the cleaners... straight up average joes  

Edited by Jacob2790
  • Like 1

Although I agree that it is cowardly to call out someone smaller than you, TJ is going to make 125, handily so in that regard they will be the same size 

lmao at handily. You have no idea if he can make the weight or not.

You're just desperate for someone to beat mighty mouse because you said he sucked like 8 years ago and have been doubling down and looking like a goof ever since.

DJ will probably be too fast for him and he'll gas after that enormous weight cut. I wouldn't get my hopes up, especially since he might not even make the weight if the fight is even made.

How if you are gonna call that little midget the P4P best ever then he should have to prove it against legit fighters... 125 in ankle deep at best the fact that you can call him the P4P best when he is the only decent fighter in that weight class is a joke... their are countless people around the world that are not even  fighters that would take this dude to the cleaners... straight up average joes  

Your entire thesis is based on your reaction to something I never even said, at least in this thread.

Conclusion: You're retarded.

Edited by 12er™

Your entire thesis is based on your reaction to something I never even said, at least in this thread.

Conclusion: You're retarded.

Did you just assume my mental stability.... I'm offended you mentalphobic bigot........ 

• Like 2

Did you just assume my mental stability.... I'm offended you mentalphobic bigot........ 

I didn't assume anything. I observed it from your posting history. I'm not a licensed psychologist, but many years on this forum has given me a keen eye for spotting the disabled.