Photo

After knockout loss to Kelvin Gastelum, coach plans to have “a conversation” with Michael Bisping

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 8,195 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:57 AM

xMichael-Bisping-dan-henderson-204-belt.

Former UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping lost twice in November: first, to Georges St-Pierre, which marked the end of his title reign, then to Kelvin Gastelum, who knocked him out just weeks after his concussive loss to St-Pierre.

In the wake of these losses, Bisping’s long-time coach Jason Parillo believes it might be time for Bisping to think about hanging up the gloves, and plans to have a conversation with him to that end.

“In my opinion, Michael Bisping’s done enough,” Parillo told MMAjunkie. “I don’t think Michael Bisping ever has to fight again. I think that he had such a phenomenal career – if we are just fighting for money, maybe it’s not worth it at this point. He’s made a lot of money. He can retire and be fine for the rest of his life. He’ll never be fine just sitting around being fine. He’s going to go out and be making noise doing something else. That’s a conversation that’s going to be had over the course of time, obviously.”

“The wound is still a little fresh [after Bisping’s loss to Gastelum],” Parillo continued. “I’m still a little down about his last fight. Not because he lost. You’re going to be down. I tell these guys, ‘Don’t worry about what people say and what people think’ and the whole nine yards. But, at the end of the day you’re emotionally attached to these guys when you’re part of it. You’re not in there fighting, but you feel the wins and losses and the losses hurt. I want to see Mike rest. I can’t even get my mind wrapped around him fighting anybody at this point. I don’t even want to think about fighting anybody right now.”

While Parillo admits Bisping’s loss to to Gastelum was tough to watch, he maintains that he’s trying not to regret it.

“Hindsight, you’re always going to say it’s a regret,” Parillo said. “You’re going to say that about (regrets): ‘(Expletive), we shouldn’t have done that.’ At the end of the day, you can’t go back on it and have regrets really about it. That’s Michael Bisping. Michael Bisping’s going to continue. That’s his character and the personality he is. He wanted to take that fight and he knows that he’s going to live with himself no matter what happens and no matter what you say or I say or any of the fans say.

“At the end of the day Michael Bisping’s just fine with who Michael Bisping is. He’s fine with the choices he makes and I know that as a coach. Everybody on his team knows that. He made a decision and he knows he’s going to live with it no matter what direction it goes.”

Whatever the case, Michael Bisping seems to be plotting his retirement fight for the UFC’s March return to London, England. That means Parillo isn’t likely to have to worry much longer.

• DoomPatrol likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#2 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,026 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

Such 'conversation' is pretty funny considering the guy was the champ until little over a month ago lol

So lets say he had beat GSP, would that 'conversation' being taking place ?

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#3 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 28,421 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

Such 'conversation' is pretty funny considering the guy was the champ until little over a month ago lol

And the fact that he's basically said his plan is one more fight, and then he's going to retire.

• skillandpower likes this

#4 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,026 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:43 AM

And the fact that he's basically said his plan is one more fight, and then he's going to retire.

Am I wrong on my statement ? Im not picking on Bisping but I find it interesting.

Maybe Im missing something but was he talking about retirement leading to the GSP fight like he is now ?

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#5 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 28,421 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

Am I wrong on my statement ? Im not picking on Bisping but I find it interesting.

Maybe Im missing something but was he talking about retirement leading to the GSP fight like he is now ?

He wasn't talking about it to quite this degree, but I feel like he's definitely been talking about retirement for a little while now.

Like, even before the GSP fight, I feel like he said his plan was for a retirement fight in London in March.

• amunera, skillandpower and RadLad like this

#6 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,026 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:55 AM

He wasn't talking about it to quite this degree, but I feel like he's definitely been talking about retirement for a little while now.

Like, even before the GSP fight, I feel like he said his plan was for a retirement fight in London in March.

Ok thanks for clarifying McGOAT

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#7 JSW

JSW
  • Free
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:10 AM

I think we will get Till or Manuwa headline in March with a bit of luck both on the card. Gives Bispings chin time to recover and let him do some movies. He'll retire in the end of the year in a Manchester show or early next year if they won't give us another this year.
  • skillandpower likes this

#8 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,026 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:12 AM

I think we will get Till or Manuwa headline in March with a bit of luck both on the card. Gives Bispings chin time to recover and let him do some movies. He'll retire in the end of the year in a Manchester show or early next year if they won't give us another this year.

I can see that happening too.

Till is a hot prospect so I can see him headlining that card in March.

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#9 OzPride

OzPride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 23,870 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:29 AM

"Hello Michael, sit down. Thanks for coming in. Would you like a cup of tea? hobnob?"

*pushes buzzer*

""ah yes Jane could you please bring in a hobnob and a cup of Tea for Mr Bisping? ..... now Jane""

"""yessir"""

"Wots all vis about fookin' about ven aye? Im a fookin world champion' innit!"

"Michael, you're..."

"NO. You listen 'ere you fookin' twat. Y'see vis belt 'round me waist? Imma fook CHAMP-I-UN orrite? I fooookin wun vis fair an sq.."

"You're a can Michael"

"YOU FOOKIN'WOT!" Michael stands, incredulous as the chair behind him crashes to the floor.

Door opens, it's Jane with a tray OD hobnobs and a tea

"NOT NOW JANE! "

jane backs away

"LEAVE THE FOOKIN' 'OBNOBS ORRITE?"

"The DNA results are in Michael. You're a CA...

"YOU LISTEN HERE COONT I AM NOOOT A FOOKING CAN YOU PEEACE OF GOBCHITE I OUGHTTA FOOKIN' AV.... "

"MICHAEL! here's a picture of your father. We found him"

1OK6s93.jpg

Michael sits, stunned.

....."Pop? 'Zats my fookin'Dad!?"

"Its 100% match Michael. You're a can."

"IM.... IMMA CAN INNIT MAYTE!"

"That's right Michael. We had to wait until you lost to two welterweights in a row, but when it happened, we reached out. this is your dad. You're a can Michael."

Edited by OzPride, 05 December 2017 - 11:31 AM.

• Bubba_Sparks, skillandpower and SmoothCriminal like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#10 Bobmyster

Bobmyster
  • Free
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:21 PM

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
*Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

"Us British men are like young girls when in the presence of an Australian. They're simply bigger, stronger, better men than us."

#11 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:46 PM

"Hello Michael, sit down. Thanks for coming in. Would you like a cup of tea? hobnob?"

*pushes buzzer*

""ah yes Jane could you please bring in a hobnob and a cup of Tea for Mr Bisping? ..... now Jane""

"""yessir"""

"Michael, you're..."

"NO. You listen 'ere you fookin' twat. Y'see vis belt 'round me waist? Imma fook CHAMP-I-UN orrite? I fooookin wun vis fair an sq.."

"You're a can Michael"

"YOU FOOKIN'WOT!" Michael stands, incredulous as the chair behind him crashes to the floor.

"NOT NOW JANE! "

jane backs away

"YOU LISTEN HERE COONT I AM NOOOT A FOOKING CAN YOU PEEACE OF GOBCHITE I OUGHTTA FOOKIN' AV.... "

1OK6s93.jpg

Michael sits, stunned.

"That's right Michael. We had to wait until you lost to two welterweights in a row, but when it happened, we reached out. this is your dad. You're a can Michael."

Well that was fun
  • OzPride likes this
34pz2qh.jpg

#12 RadLad

RadLad
  • Free
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:24 PM

*pushes buzzer*

"""yessir"""

"Michael, you're..."

"You're a can Michael"

"NOT NOW JANE! "

jane backs away

1OK6s93.jpg

Michael sits, stunned.

Just no.

F**k you, GSP.

#13 OzPride

OzPride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 23,870 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

Just no.

I have it on good authority that's word for word how the conversation went.
  • RadLad likes this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#14 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,026 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

*pushes buzzer*

"""yessir"""

"Michael, you're..."

"You're a can Michael"

"NOT NOW JANE! "

jane backs away

1OK6s93.jpg

Michael sits, stunned.

Master piece 

Buahahahahaha

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#15 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 25,750 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:15 AM

Master piece

Buahahahahaha

I wouldn't go that far.
Bisping isn't from staines for a start.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks, 06 December 2017 - 09:16 AM.

• Kookork likes this

Winning coach of 2016 Camps League - Team FRANKLIN

Chief of the Rich "Ace" Franklin fan-club

Founder of the welcoming/rehabillitation team

rich-franklin.jpg