Russian fighters "can we trust any of them?"

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 zaksame

zaksame
  • Free
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

In lieu of the "partial" Russian ban from the Olympics,i got to thinking about the Russian fighters.Pretty sad really ,the IOC used the phrase "clean athletes are still allowed to compete".Well LMAO that is such a joke,ALL the Russian athletes were testing clean,the whole premise of the ban was because NONE of the testing can be trusted.Now they have these so called STRICT measures that these Russian athletes can partake.

There is nobody and i mean NOBODY walking into Russia and wanting to test athletes that is going to elude Putin and his corrupt regime.

So i have to wonder what others think happens when USADA goes to test the Russian fighters?

Similar to the Aldo case,i highly doubt USADA is free to enter,i am certain they have to ask permission which ends up delaying any testing of the fighters.

Then i have to wonder how afraid a USADA rep is to walk into Russia knowing that Putin and his cohorts are behind cheating,basically knowing they are going in to undermine Putin himself.

I get a distinct feeling that just like Brasil,we cannot trust a single athlete from Russia,the entire premise of cheating brings about millions of dollars to various athletes and their teams.If an athlete is successful he can make way more in sponsors than the actual sport pays them,so cheating has a lot of advantages in the long term.

BTW I am still bitter the UFC hired that known Russian criminal that was a bodyguard for Putin's regime of Oil and Aluminum magnets that are as corrupt as they come.I still remember Dana going all tirade on some fighter a few years back because he mentioned something about women,yet here they are condoning known criminals,two faced standards.

• Jason_H. likes this
Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.

#2 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Still a ShowGOAT fan. Suck it.

• Ultimate
  • 49,441 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:47 PM

*double standards
Champion of Survivor Series IX, Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 
UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 24-7-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#3 buddy?

buddy?
  • Free
  • 5,227 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:50 PM

#4 Rastajambo

Rastajambo

Team Bombo Klatt

• Free
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:51 PM

Watch Icarus on Netflix
  • Omoplataypus likes this

abd-75.gif

UFC Fight Night 72  

UFC Fight Night 76  

UFC Fight Night 84 

UFC Fight Night 113

#5 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,026 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

This short vid is actually a masterpiece!

King Nate stated the troof and ... Dana's face is priceless

Buahahaha

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#6 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,026 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

Good, Brazil is nor alone lol

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#7 agtx

agtx
  • Free
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:53 AM

There's a big difference between state athletics & MMA fighters. Also the Olympics is on the world stage watched around the world, it's kind of a big deal, governments are willing to cheat to make their country look good I guess & Mma is still very niesh, tiny compared to most sports, most of the world doesn't give a bisping.

VoKJm_s-200x150.gif

#8 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Ultimate
  • 49,441 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:55 AM

There's a big difference between state athletics & MMA fighters. Also the Olympics is on the world stage watched around the world, it's kind of a big deal, governments are willing to cheat to make their country look good I guess & Mma is still very niesh, tiny compared to most sports, most of the world doesn't give a bisping.

The only difference is that the state sponsored athletes get state sponsored doping protection.

There's a ton of UFC guys from Russia who are currently suspended by USADA. lol
Champion of Survivor Series IX, Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 
UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png

amazin

#9 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 8,195 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:22 AM

The best Greco Roman wrestler ever leaves me super sceptical that he hadn't been to the Mexican pharmacy lol.

12479476_1686160428321792_117999661_n.jp

Honestly I think in terms of fighters its a 50/50. Yeah a lot of them are probably on it but I bet you also have quite a few Russian fighters living clean as possible because they know as a Russian if you get caught doping it stays with you for life.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#10 Furiousmat

Furiousmat
  • Free
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:12 AM

In lieu of the "partial" Russian ban from the Olympics,i got to thinking about the Russian fighters.Pretty sad really ,the IOC used the phrase "clean athletes are still allowed to compete".Well LMAO that is such a joke,ALL the Russian athletes were testing clean,the whole premise of the ban was because NONE of the testing can be trusted.Now they have these so called STRICT measures that these Russian athletes can partake.

There is nobody and i mean NOBODY walking into Russia and wanting to test athletes that is going to elude Putin and his corrupt regime.
So i have to wonder what others think happens when USADA goes to test the Russian fighters?

Similar to the Aldo case,i highly doubt USADA is free to enter,i am certain they have to ask permission which ends up delaying any testing of the fighters.
Then i have to wonder how afraid a USADA rep is to walk into Russia knowing that Putin and his cohorts are behind cheating,basically knowing they are going in to undermine Putin himself.

I get a distinct feeling that just like Brasil,we cannot trust a single athlete from Russia,the entire premise of cheating brings about millions of dollars to various athletes and their teams.If an athlete is successful he can make way more in sponsors than the actual sport pays them,so cheating has a lot of advantages in the long term.

BTW I am still bitter the UFC hired that known Russian criminal that was a bodyguard for Putin's regime of Oil and Aluminum magnets that are as corrupt as they come.I still remember Dana going all tirade on some fighter a few years back because he mentioned something about women,yet here they are condoning known criminals,two faced standards.

You're retarded if you think US and european olympians dope any less. This is cheap propaganda.

Look. It's easy.

Do russian athletes significantly and consistently outperform US athletes? No? Well then if russian athletes are doped US athletes are just as doped. End of story.
  • buddy? likes this

#11 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

• Ultimate
  • 49,441 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:27 AM

You're retarded if you think US and european olympians dope any less. This is cheap propaganda.

Look. It's easy.

Do russian athletes significantly and consistently outperform US athletes? No? Well then if russian athletes are doped US athletes are just as doped. End of story.

First of all, you're not in a position to call OP anything.

The Russians were sending in agents dressed as maintenance men at the testing facilities to swap out tainted blood for good. They were running a campaign similar to Lance Armstrong's team, but on a much larger scale.
  • razer057 likes this

amazin

#12 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 12,994 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:19 AM

I think GSP was 1 of the biggest roiders out there. Russians are dumb and they usually get caught. But GSP was roiding from day 1 and he got away with it.

brZ51I9.jpg

#13 King_CAN

King_CAN

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 25,022 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:00 AM

at this point I honestly don't care who's on roids and who's not. I just want to see good fights 

• buddy? likes this

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif