• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Megasoup

Megasoup

The Second Dumbest Man On This Forum

• Free
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

So I'm stuck in Santa Monica and I have all these bartender chicks giving me free drinks. Every time I find myself in a bar in Santa Monica, that's the way it goes. It's because I am the bartender at that one place.

Anyway so there's this ****head with a suit and tie at the other end of the bar who is sporting a black eye. Maybe he got his **** kicked, maybe he is trying out this new fun MMA-Bootcamp-personal trainer-yoga-cardio thing for rich people. Who knows?

Anyway, he reminds me of those years were I perpetually had a black eye, at least. The last five years that I trained and competed, I never had black eyes. But I can't say I managed to avoid many punches or ****-whoopins. Truthfully, I don't know how much better I was at fighting in the last years versus the first years. So I pose a question for the posters who research. Can the human body get used to that sort of punishment and grow somewhat of an immunity to that sort of thing? Considering my own case, I've always wondered that.

Edited by Megasoup, 05 December 2017 - 06:51 PM.

• -idyb- likes this

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the People's Freedom Movement

#2 Megasoup

Megasoup

• Free
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

Hiccup!

conair.gif?w=780

#3 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

No, your body does not get immune to bruises. Wanna know why?

Because your body will always have capillaries and when they burst. Congrats, you have a bruise.

This has been your anatomy and physiology minute brought to you by SmoothCriminal.
  • OzPride and Megasoup like this
34pz2qh.jpg

#4 Megasoup

Megasoup

• Free
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

Because your body will always have capillaries and when they burst. Congrats, you have a bruise.

This has been your anatomy and physiology minute brought to you by SmoothCriminal.

It is just so hard for me to believe that my defense got better, this information is hard to take. I swear to God, I really felt like every single punch ever thrown in my direction connected clean and I barely knew what I was doing, and only my caveman idiocy and good cardio carried the day.

conair.gif?w=780

#5 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:13 PM

It is just so hard for me to believe that my defense got better, this information is hard to take. I swear to God, I really felt like every single punch ever thrown in my direction connected clean and I barely knew what I was doing, and only my caveman idiocy and good cardio carried the day.

If my memory serves me well, you talked about fightimg on a card years ago and someone brought forward video of said card and you were nowhere to be seen.

Aka you are full of ****.

So your defense was you never fought, not that you got better.

#6 Megasoup

Megasoup

• Free
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:29 PM

If my memory serves me well, you talked about fightimg on a card years ago and someone brought forward video of said card and you were nowhere to be seen.

Aka you are full of ****.

So your defense was you never fought, not that you got better.

I feel so goofy doing this, especially because out of all the boxing matches an MMA matches I've had and all the training I've done, this is the single video that I can find online. It's not even a good fight.

https://vimeo.com/15205632

Now you post a video proving that you are really self-employed.
  • Decompoze, classicboxer, chons and 1 other like this

conair.gif?w=780

#7 IrishSemtex

IrishSemtex
  • Free
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:04 PM

I feel so goofy doing this, especially because out of all the boxing matches an MMA matches I've had and all the training I've done, this is the single video that I can find online. It's not even a good fight.

Dude immediately dove for your ankles. Was scared as **** of your hands brah
  • Decompoze, Teemu and CorporalClegg209 like this
Jenna didn't tap.

Mauro will not divide us.

#8 OzPride

OzPride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 23,912 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:28 PM

that's **** sick!!! nice bro. love that you had his back and could have rnc'd him for about 20 minutes but went the GNP again. hespect Benny
  • classicboxer and CorporalClegg209 like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#9 OzPride

OzPride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 23,912 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:30 PM

GOAT @ bolder. nominated for post OTY
  • Megasoup and CorporalClegg209 like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#10 classicboxer

classicboxer

• Free
  • 18,026 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:37 PM

Great fight! Imagine what you could have done if you were in shape!

• Decompoze and chons like this

#11 Megasoup

Megasoup

• Free
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:52 PM

Great fight! Imagine what you could have done if you were in shape!

True enough. Worst shape of my life for this fight, which is easily enough confirmed by the myriad of photos that I have posted over the years on this forum. I was just coming off a broken foot. I really wanted to be on this card, though. My gym really wanted to be on this card, too. The guy running the gym I was going to at the time was promoting this fight and it was a pretty big deal for him and for us.

conair.gif?w=780

#12 BigDaddyDelta

BigDaddyDelta

VP of the Clit

• Free
  • 5,093 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

Not the biggest Soup fan but goddamn that was brutal
  • chons likes this

qUDIQwQ.gif

#13 Rastajambo

Rastajambo

Team Bombo Klatt

• Free
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:05 PM

I got two black eyes about 4 days apart training jiu jitsu,  also got headbutted on bridge of the nose. 

no one wants to sit next to you on the train when you got two black eyes :lol:

• Megasoup likes this

abd-75.gif

UFC Fight Night 72  

UFC Fight Night 76  

UFC Fight Night 84 

UFC Fight Night 113

#14 Megasoup

Megasoup

• Free
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:40 PM

I got two black eyes about 4 days apart training jiu jitsu, also got headbutted on bridge of the nose.
no one wants to sit next to you on the train when you got two black eyes :lol:

I used to love explaining why I had that going on, but around the time I started appearing as though I was free from damage, I was also done talking about the weird things I was up to.

I swear to God, I felt like I got my **** kicked every day. In my defense, after seeing video footage of a fight I thought it was lost or a sparring session I didn't feel very sharp in, I looked a hell of a lot better than I imagined. Apparently, most of that **** is lost to history.

conair.gif?w=780

#15 Megasoup

Megasoup

• Free
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:44 PM

Are you sure? I just want to know. This is something that I've thought about more than just a couple times over the course of the last whatever years. It'd be neat to put this to rest once and for all, especially if their conclusion is that I turned out to be a pretty decent boxer in the end, capable of solid defense....

...and if that's the case, boxing is a brutal sport. Because I felt like I got my **** handed to me every once in a while.

conair.gif?w=780

#16 Megasoup

Megasoup

• Free
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

I'm so drunk !

conair.gif?w=780

#17 Jason_H.

Jason_H.
  • Free
  • 9,594 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:25 AM

I beg the differ.  As you get older, your capillaries will burst more easier.  That's common sense.  However, the areas where you have been punched frequently will naturally adapt and become harder meaning your skin in those areas become tougher. 

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the Bubba_Sparks Welcoming/Rehabillitation Team

#18 Jason_H.

Jason_H.
  • Free
  • 9,594 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:30 AM

BTW, I envy those of you who have gotten in real fights.  I'm 43 and sometimes I wonder how I would fare in a real fight.  No need to send me challenges.  All challenges will be declined. 

• Joby likes this

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the Bubba_Sparks Welcoming/Rehabillitation Team

#19 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 13,374 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:35 AM

For the OP 

Yes, train hard every day and follow this masters technique and you could become immune to pain

• Bubba_Sparks, IrishSemtex, chons and 1 other like this
nicolas_cage_breeze.0.gif

#20 CorporalClegg209

CorporalClegg209

Yeah well, I still jerk off manually

• Free
  • 17,938 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:44 AM

Homeboy diving at Jordan's like he's Georges or some chit.  How much were you cutting for light heavy?

I never could get an amateur fight because in 05-07 regional circuit I rarely saw a 155 match while I wanted to cut to FW.  Mostly 170 and up with the occasional 160 catchweight.  I was 154 at the time and I weighed that with clothes on recently.  

Edited by CorporalClegg209, 06 December 2017 - 03:45 AM.

qUDIQwQ.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before

#21 Decompoze

Decompoze
  • Free
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:34 AM

atta boy Soup! I think this needs to go in the Greatest Sports Performances Thread as well

#22 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 8,244 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:14 AM

welcome back soup! u staying out of trouble lately?

#23 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:12 AM

Are you sure? I just want to know. This is something that I've thought about more than just a couple times over the course of the last whatever years. It'd be neat to put this to rest once and for all, especially if their conclusion is that I turned out to be a pretty decent boxer in the end, capable of solid defense....

...and if that's the case, boxing is a brutal sport. Because I felt like I got my **** handed to me every once in a while.

Punch yourself in the eye a few times and test it.

#24 Eclipse76

Eclipse76

HEECLIPSE RETURNS !!!

• Free
  • 5,524 posts
  • LocationSylvan Lake

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:26 AM

Huh.. Megasoups still alive..

I owe TUF and 12er 20 bucks.....
  • Joby, StompGrind and cashfl0w like this

Mirko(The Croatian Sensation) Cro-Cop (Favorite HW) Win or Lose !!

Rampage on the way back to the Title!!

Bas Rutten.. Greatest!! Nuff said. Fedor = G.O.A.T.

http://forums.ufcfig...-i-was-eclipse/

conair.gif?w=780

#25 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Still a ShowGOAT fan. Suck it.

• Ultimate
  • 49,526 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:51 AM

Huh.. Megasoups still alive..

I owe TUF and 12er 20 bucks.....

He's leaving California, and headed back to where winter exists.

Give it a month of sleeping outside, and he's toast.

• Eclipse76, classicboxer and -idyb- like this
Champion of Survivor Series IX, Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 
UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 24-7-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin