Sign in to follow this  
RazorRam0n

OFFICIAL Whittagoat vs rockhold 221 unified belt

branch would bodybag roidmero

yeah Nah he wouldn't. he'd get Yolo'd bro

• Like 1

yeah Nah he wouldn't. he'd get Yolo'd bro

dont underestimate branch, if kennedy can make roidmero quit on the stool then so can branch

• Like 1

dont underestimate branch, if kennedy can make roidmero quit on the stool then so can branch

I think the risk is in overestimating him personally. Let's see him vs perennial gatekeeper Weidcan before we make any more claims

lol Nvm I forgot he got put up vs Yolo. he's finna get turned into a sack of brown onions

• Like 1

David Branch is going to beat the living chit out of Yoel Romero, and it is going to be hilarious when Vert realizes Yoel couldn't even be the WSOF champ.

• Like 2

David Branch is going to beat the living chit out of Yoel Romero, and it is going to be hilarious when Vert realizes Yoel couldn't even be the WSOF champ.

Yoel will gas out im surprised the piece of **** took a 5 round fight

• Like 1

Like how Branch almost KO'd Rockhold? lol...

Like how Branch almost KO'd Rockhold? lol...

He did but then Rockhold got on top and that top game is the best in the business. I think your boy wins but if Branch gets in the later rounds it will be even more apparent he's a can that gases out. It's Rockholds division in a short time better get used to it

Rockhold getting his belt back make no mistake about it. He should never lost it to Michael Flukesping to begin with.

+160 right now is a Bobby Roode "Glorious" return on investment.

Edited by CanPass

card finalized

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold – for middleweight title

Curtis Blaydes vs. Mark Hunt

Cyril Asker vs. Tai Tuivasa

Li Jingliang vs. Jake Matthews

Tyson Pedro vs. Saparbek Safarov

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, 8 p.m. ET)

Damien Brown vs. “Maestro” Dong Hyun Kim

Israel Adesanya vs. Rob Wilkinson

Jeremy Kennedy vs. Alex Volkanovski

Jussier Formiga vs. Ben Nguyen

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:45 p.m. ET)

Mizuto Hirota vs. Ross Pearson

Teruto Ishihara vs. Jose Quinonez

Daichi Abe vs. Luke Jumeau

oh god besides the main event this is terrible chit

I'm excited to see Whittaker expose Luke's stand up as being hot garbage tho

• Like 2

I feel Luke is a bit smarter and likes top fight at a distance and that is an advantage.

So all depends if Luke gets pressure steady because every, time there is a lull Luke will use kicks.it also sets up counter striking when you stay at a distance so a lot depends on strategy and on the fly smarts.Luke has got into a rut if you ask me,he needs to incorporate more bjj into his game.

needs to incorporate more bjj into his game.

Confused smiley would be here

Think you need to watch his fights again

He’s literally used his bjj in all of his ufc wins aside from his Costas win. One loss to Bisping on probably a mental mistake and getting caught with some punches against the cage from Branch yet still won is a rut??

I feel Luke is a bit smarter and likes top fight at a distance and that is an advantage.

So all depends if Luke gets pressure steady because every, time there is a lull Luke will use kicks.it also sets up counter striking when you stay at a distance so a lot depends on strategy and on the fly smarts.Luke has got into a rut if you ask me,he needs to incorporate more bjj into his game.

More bjj? wasnt nhis last fight a submission?????

• Like 1

More bjj? wasnt nhis last fight a submission?????

every single UFC win has used his bjj aside from his Costas win. Zaksame making no sense

Edited by AndyWang
  • Like 2

if lolBisping caught Luke's chin and put him away then Whittaker will murder him. vastly superior striker and way more power. Rockhold gets pummelled inside 4 minutes

• Like 1

if lolBisping caught Luke's chin and put him away then Whittaker will murder him. vastly superior striker and way more power. Rockhold gets pummelled inside 4 minutes

But Whittaker got stopped by Wonderboy a point karate fighter.

But Whittaker got stopped by Wonderboy a point karate fighter.

yes that is what the tards say in defence... but that was when he cut to betaweight

yes that is what the tards say in defence... but that was when he cut to betaweight

whittaker is small and rockhold is huge, if rockhold gets hold of him and drags him to mat it will end within 1 round.

• Like 1

whittaker is small and rockhold is huge, if rockhold gets hold of him and drags him to mat it will end within 1 round.

Who is the most decorated grappler; Rockhold, Jacare or Romero? So far whittaker has been remarkably hard to get hold of and drag to the mat.

Who is the most decorated grappler; Rockhold, Jacare or Romero? So far whittaker has been remarkably hard to get hold of and drag to the mat.

True but both jacare and romero are smaller than rockhold. Rockhold took weidman down at will. Romero couldnt. Rockhold held his own against jacare on the ground. Whittaker has good tdd but he is primarily a striker with little to no wrestling experience. Even with both jacare and romero's grappling experience i would still pick rockhold over both of them because rockhold has that mma grappling which is more effective in an actual mma fight.

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 1

True but both jacare and romero are smaller than rockhold. Rockhold took weidman down at will. Romero couldnt. Rockhold held his own against jacare on the ground. Whittaker has good tdd but he is primarily a striker with little to no wrestling experience. Even with both jacare and romero's grappling experience i would still pick rockhold over both of them because rockhold has that mma grappling which is more effective in an actual mma fight.

Don't get me wrong, I rate luke highly, and if this fight was 18 months ago I'd make him favorite. Since then though, Whittaker's tdd has proven to be pretty bullet-proof (highest tdd in the division according to Australian sources). Btw, luke didn't take weidman down 'at will'. He took him down in the 3rd round when chris threw spinning ****. This fight will take place on the feet and whittaker has the advantage there.

• Like 1

Yoel barely outstruck whittaker and landed 3 takedowns in their fight. His takedown accuracy and consistancy is lower than rockholds meaning rockhold is more likely to get a takedown than Romero. The big difference here is Rockhold finishes almost all his fights from top position and once it goes to the ground his control rate and strikes from top position are much higher than anyone else in the divison.

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 1

Yoel barely outstruck whittaker and landed 3 takedowns in their fight. His takedown accuracy and consistancy is lower than rockholds meaning rockhold is more likely to get a takedown than Romero. The big difference here is Rockhold finishes almost all his fights from top position and once it goes to the ground his control rate and strikes from top position are much higher.

Rockhold Also been training on the mats with Usman. While he may be smaller he is still 1 of the best wrestlers in MMA of any division.

Edited by CanPass

Rockhold Also been training on the mats with Usman. While he may be smaller he is still 1 of the best wrestlers in MMA of any division.

he also trains with both khabib and cormier the top 2 wrestlers in mma

• Like 1

Punchbag using the "Josh Koscheck is gonna out wrestle GSP" Logic smh

rockholds biggest issue is his 3 loses have all come via tko, whittaker has a very high ko rate.

Agree.....gonna be a good fight.

Punchbag using the "Josh Koscheck is gonna out wrestle GSP" Logic smh

So what you are saying is whittaker has the wrestling of gsp? cause i dont see it

So what you are saying is whittaker has the wrestling of gsp? cause i dont see it

When GSP fought Kos he was not known for his wrestling at all, he was a karate striker with some subs. Koscheck was the decorated wrestler. My point, since you seemed to miss it, is using "this guy will win because of this" and completely disregarding that young hungry killer type fighters evolve very fast. Rob crushed Jacare's takedowns and got up from them then put him away.  Luke got a dodgy decision where he was outboxed and taken down at will. He really hasn't evolved as a fighter since then, and that was SEVEN YEARS AGO.. He's gonna get retired bro

e3hxo.jpg

Excuse me? Yoel hit 2/3 TD's and showed superior olympic calibre wrestling/trips/grappling.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/f37d18b5c35145bf

Edited by VertFTW

When GSP fought Kos he was not known for his wrestling at all, he was a karate striker with some subs. Koscheck was the decorated wrestler. My point, since you seemed to miss it, is using "this guy will win because of this" and completely disregarding that young hungry killer type fighters evolve very fast. Rob crushed Jacare's takedowns and got up from them then put him away.  Luke got a dodgy decision where he was outboxed and taken down at will. He really hasn't evolved as a fighter since then, and that was SEVEN YEARS AGO.. He's gonna get retired bro

Difference though is GSP was the bigger man, in this fight rockhold is the bigger guy.

Difference though is GSP was the bigger man, in this fight rockhold is the bigger guy.

bigger = slower = ROB BY KO

Not sure how the aussies will react to this card, they so used to getting **** on by the ufc. Might be all to much for them.

Easily best card OZ has ever seen.

Edited by PunchBag

Not sure how the aussies will react to this card, they so used to getting **** on by the ufc. Might be all to much for them.

Easily best card OZ has ever seen.

m8 Ive been to every card in Oz except one. Including 110 which was a GOAT card